AnandPatel - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Specialist at LTI - Larsen & Toubro Infotech
Reliable with good monitoring and has the potential to expand
  • "The monitoring so far has been good and we are happy with it."
  • "I haven't come across any features that are lacking."

What is our primary use case?

We have our current parameters and our current dashboards. Our main purpose is to continue to migrate and get the same metrics in New Relic. We will prepare another secondary dashboard between the parameters. And we will do a lot of monitoring on it as it is mainly used for monitoring purposes.

What is most valuable?

The monitoring so far has been good and we are happy with it.

What needs improvement?

I haven't come across any features that are lacking.

I've only used the solution for two or three months.

New Relic APM
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about New Relic APM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's very stable. We have currently around 150 GB of data that we are going to analyze. Almost each and every day around 75 to 80 GB is analyzed. We haven't had issues with the volume or with bugs or glitches.

The solution scales well.

London mostly handles any troubleshooting. I don't have to worry about reaching out to technical support. we do have the documentation we can reference, however, if we do need assistance.

I've used Stackdriver in the past. However, it doesn't work well, with, for example, virtual machines.

The initial setup was done by our London team. I wasn't involved in the process and don't have any real details about how it went.

I'm not sure if any ongoing maintenance is needed.

While it's my understanding that our in-house London team handled the implementation, I can't say if they needed help or recruited consultants or integrators to assist in the process.

While we do pay for the solution on a monthly basis, I can't speak to the exact cost of the product. There might also be some additional costs on top of the licensing, however, I can't say with certainty.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend companies try it out and see if they like it.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten. We've been happy with it so far.

Ilkka Myllylä - PeerSpot reviewer
Owner at RP reaaliprosessi
Easy to use, gets the job done, and provides good breakdown and in-depth details
  • "The breakdown of the response time of different components and getting in-depth details of the slow component are the most valuable features. It is easy to use, and it gets the job done."
  • "There has been some problem with the agent, and it is just not working well. It is not able to record information with the application server. They have been able to fix the issue, but it took quite a long time. This is the main issue in the APM products and also in New Relic. The mobile application monitoring has been pretty difficult to set up and also quite expensive. It should be a little bit easier and cheaper. Because it is pretty difficult and expensive, many customers don't take it."

What is our primary use case?

We are basically testing three products before going live with the new release of the software. We are also using it to monitor our production.

How has it helped my organization?

You can immediately see if there is some slowness. It can also alert you, and you can fix the problem pretty soon. In pre-production, you can ensure that everything is okay, and you don't put the worst performance to production. The performance should at least be at the same level as before.

What is most valuable?

The breakdown of the response time of different components and getting in-depth details of the slow component are the most valuable features.

It is easy to use, and it gets the job done.

What needs improvement?

There has been some problem with the agent, and it is just not working well. It is not able to record information with the application server. They have been able to fix the issue, but it took quite a long time. This is the main issue in the APM products and also in New Relic.

The mobile application monitoring has been pretty difficult to set up and also quite expensive. It should be a little bit easier and cheaper. Because it is pretty difficult and expensive, many customers don't take it.

I have been using this solution for four years.

Their technical support is pretty good. Sometimes, they took longer than I hoped. There were times when they took a couple of days, but I got help, and it is working.

What other advice do I have?

They seem to have a new pricing model, and I would advise others to look out and ask them before buying.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that you don't always guess right. Without APM, you can guess where the problem is, but with APM, you can actually see where it is, which is nice to know.

I would rate New Relic APM a nine out of ten. It is a good product. There might be another product that is better than this, but this is the product that I use and recommend first.

New Relic APM
November 2022
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Abdulla Pathan - PeerSpot reviewer
Technology Competency and Solution Head at LearningMate
Good monitoring capability helps to fine-tune performance and identify problems
  • "The most valuable feature is application monitoring."
  • "They should bring the pricing down to be more competitive."

What is our primary use case?

We were using New Relic to build performance, application monitoring, security aspects, infrastructure, exporting from databases, lower-performance tips, and trying to identify deadlocks.

How has it helped my organization?

Yes. However we dropped due to not able to achieve RoI due to high cost

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is application monitoring.

What needs improvement?

The main reason we switched away from New Relic is that the cost is too high. They should bring the pricing down to be more competitive.

I would like to see the capacity planning improved.

The security standard and compliance are areas that should be improved.

We had been using New Relic APM for a few years and have now switched to DataDog.

There is no question about this product's stability. It is very good and I would continue to use it, but the price has caused the organization to move on to the DataDog solution.

New Relic is a scalable solution. I have between 10 and 15 large customers who use it.

I have never been in contact with technical support. I am comfortable with using the product.

We have switched away from New Relic and have begun to use DataDog.

This is a cloud-based solution that doesn't need to be installed.

This is an expensive tool.

What other advice do I have?

This is one of the best tools that I have used. I have recommended it to customers in the past and would continue to do so. In summary, this is a very good product and the only real problem is that the cost is on the higher side.

PINAR YILDIRAN - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Service Development at Zorlu Holding
Reliable with great performance and a straightforward setup
  • "We like the performance of the product."
  • "The solution is quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

The use case for this solution is the same as Azure Monitor. They have the same coverage for the use case. In the end, we switched to Azure Monitor.

It is for the application quality process and the live system support monitoring.

What is most valuable?

We like the performance of the product. It's very good, very reliable.

All features are all capable to responding to our requirements. There's no problem on this side.

The solution can scale.

The initial setup isn't a big deal. Our admins can handle it.

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite expensive.

We've been using the solution for about two years at this point. It hasn't been too long.

It's stable. It is reliable. The performance has been good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is scalable. It's not a problem to expand as necessary.

We have two or three users on the product right now.

Previously, we did not use other application performance management products.

We also use Azure Monitor. They are very much the same. However, we've since moved over to Azure Monitor.

It's not as straightforward a setup as Azure Monitor. Then again, we have admins, and they were managing that part. It's not a big deal.

We have two admins that can handle deployment and maintenance.

The price is an issue. It's quite expensive.

That said, I can't speak to the exact pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using and if it's the latest version or not.

We'd recommend the product if budgeting is not a concern for a company.

I'd rate it nine out of ten. We were pretty happy with its capabilities.

Sreenivasula Mukkamalla - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr.Engineer csit Quality Assurance at a tech consulting company with 10,001+ employees
A stable solution that provides good UI monitoring functionality
  • "We appreciate the way that this solution allows us to monitor the ongoing status of the UI at any given time."
  • "We would like a dashboard feature to be created for this product. This would allow us to monitor both the front and back-end of our UIs performance, and then report on it."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to provide insight into how the UI is performing.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We would like a dashboard feature to be created for this product.  This would allow us to monitor both the front and back-end of our UIs performance, and then report on it.

We would also like the solution to increase the details that are provided when there are system abnormalities.

We have been using this solution for three years.

We have found this to be an overall stable solution.

We have found the cloud-based version of this product to be scalable.

We use an in-house support team for this solution. They are our first-line contact point to resolve any issues that arise on a day-to-day basis.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We were previously using a different, comparable solution. However, we decided to switch to this product as it provided lower response times.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Other
System Administrator at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
In-depth reports, reliable, and straightforward installation
  • "The most valuable feature is the ability to receive in-depth information about applications. It can detect a lot of important information."
  • "The solution could improve by having more network monitoring features, such as for all the infrastructure."

What is our primary use case?

We are using New Relic APM to monitor our production application and to get some insight into performance.

What needs improvement?

I have been using New Relic APM for approximately six months.

The stability has been fine.

The solution is scalable. We had a lot of infrastructure at the beginning and it worked well.

The support could improve because they are not very fast and the information was not very accurate.

I would rate the technical support a three out of five.

The installation is straightforward, and it only took approximately one month.

Our office did the implementation of the solution.

The price of the solution could be less expensive. You have to pay a lot for each user. There is an additional cost for extra features.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is this solution is working fine for me and it might most likely be for you too.

I rate New Relic APM a nine out of ten.

David Mizrahi - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Back-end Engineer at Chegg Inc
Has good dashboards and tracing features

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution is to monitor, log, and investigate incidents.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the dashboards and tracing.

What needs improvement?

It is complex to use and it can be improved by simplifying it by making it more user-friendly. I would like to see the option to group alert conditions added.

I have been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The support team helped to resolve any issues I had.

The setup is moderate.

What other advice do I have?

I give the solution an eight out of ten.

I suggest anyone interested in using the solution should learn the query language first. It is a serious tool and requires a lot of time invested in order to understand how it works.

Director - Operations at FranConnect LLC
Reliable, good support, and scalable

What needs improvement?

New Relic APM can improve the information when we dig deeper to check a problem. There should be more detailed information provided.

I have been using New Relic APM for approximately six years.

The stability of New Relic APM is very good.

The scalability of New Relic APM is good. We have not had any issue with scalability when we use different types of loads, it worked very well.

The technical support from New Relic APM is very good.

The ROI from using New Relic APM is good.

What other advice do I have?

I rate New Relic APM an eight out of ten.

Download our free New Relic APM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022