We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Klocwork OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Klocwork is #21 ranked solution in AST tools and #23 ranked solution in application security tools. PeerSpot users give Klocwork an average rating of 10 out of 10. Klocwork is most commonly compared to SonarQube: Klocwork vs SonarQube. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Klocwork?

Klocwork detects security, safety, and reliability issues in real-time by using this static code analysis toolkit that works alongside developers, finding issues as early as possible, and integrates with teams, supporting continuous integration and actionable reporting.

Download the Application Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Klocwork Customers

ACCESS Co Ltd, Risk-AI, Winbond Electronics, Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, University of Southern California, Alebra Technologies, SIMULIA, Risk Management Solutions, Brigham Young University, SRD, HRL

Klocwork Video

Klocwork Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Klocwork pricing:
  • "Licensing fees are paid annually, but they also have a perpetual license."
  • "When it comes to licensing, the solution has two packages, one for a fixed and the other for a floating server, with the former being more cost effective than the latter."
  • Klocwork Reviews

VP Delivery & Customer Success at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
    Mature, saves time in finding defects, and is simple to maintain
    • "The most valuable feature is the Incremental analysis."
    • "I believe it should support more languages, such as Python and JavaScript."

What is our primary use case?

Klocwork is part of the DevOps process. It is scaling the code on every request.

How has it helped my organization?

It saves a lot of time when it comes to finding defects, it's basically inputted in every access we do.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the Incremental analysis.

What needs improvement?

I believe it should support more languages, such as Python and JavaScript.

I would like to see dynamic analysis as well.

I have been working with Klocwork for seven years.

We are using version 2021.2.

Klocwork is very stable and very mature.

It is very scalable.

In our organization, we have 50 users.

It is used on a daily basis. It's one of the most important tools that every developer has.

The support is good. We have no problems with the support.

We used Coverity in the past, but they shifted their focus, and we switched to Klocwork.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It is simple to set up and can be done by any developer.

The initial deployment took a couple of days.

We have one person, working half-time to maintain this solution. That is all that is needed.

I didn't require any assistance because I installed it myself.

We have seen a return on investment. Each developer invests at least half an hour a day less on defects.

Licensing fees are paid annually, but they also have a perpetual license.

There are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend, first creating a baseline of their source code with all of the issues, and then handling the new issues on a daily basis while gradually resolving the old ones.

I would rate Klocwork a nine out of ten.

Deputy Manager Quality Assurance at eInfochips
    Reseller
    Easy installation for regular code scanning of C, C++ and MISRA rules, but updates are lengthy and involved
    • "Technical support is quite good."
    • "Every update that we receive requires of us a lengthy and involved process."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest version.

We use the solution for regular code scanning for C and C++, as well as for MISRA rules

What needs improvement?

When an upgrade is carried out it must be done on both the server and client side, which can make it a bit hectic for all projects to be configured on the private server. Every update that we receive requires of us a lengthy and involved process.

The project reporting status dashboard should also be addressed. As I am on the compliance team, I must open every project to resolve all issues.  The solution does not provide consolidated views. Meanwhile, Kuiwan has a very good feature on its dashboard.

Moreover, Klocwork makes a limited number of languages available to the user, only four. In addition, a good consolidated dashboard, in respect of compliance, would be nice to see.

I have been working with Klocwork for seven or eight years.

Technical support is quite good. We have a vendor partner in India and they do a good job of supporting us.

Klocwork was easy to install. But, as we are using an on-premises server, our client's configuration needs are different. Since this is on the user's machine the installation part is easy. Yet, the receipt of frequent updates means that time which could be spent on the project side is consumed by that of development.

When it comes to licensing, the solution has two packages, one for a fixed and the other for a floating server. The former is more cost effective than the latter.

What other advice do I have?

We are currently using SonarQube for other languages, those of Python and Android.

At present, we make use of both the Klocwork and SonarQube tools. However, as we wish to have a combined tool, we are planning to switch to Kuiwan.

I rate Klocwork as a seven out of 10.

Private Cloud
    Download our free Application Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Perforce, SonarSource, Synopsys, and more!