IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

AppSheet OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AppSheet is #7 ranked solution in top No-Code Development Platforms. PeerSpot users give AppSheet an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. AppSheet is most commonly compared to AWS Honeycode: AppSheet vs AWS Honeycode. AppSheet is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 28% of all views.
AppSheet Buyer's Guide

Download the AppSheet Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is AppSheet?

AppSheet provides a no-code development platform for application software, which allows users to create mobile, tablet, and web applications using data sources like Google Drive, DropBox, Office 365, and other cloud-based spreadsheet and database platforms.

AppSheet Customers

Husqvarna, Solvay

AppSheet Video

AppSheet Pricing Advice

What users are saying about AppSheet pricing:
  • "There is a license required to use this solution and it costs approximately $10 per user a month. I am paying $300 a month for 30 licenses."
  • "I chose this solution because it was cheaper than other competitors."
  • AppSheet Reviews

Michael-Roberts - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chairman of The Board at Khonology
    Plenty of functionality, reliable, and effective workflow structure
    • "I have found the way they structure the workflow and the fact that it a progressive application is valuable for me. This allows me to be able to build it once and use it in multiple formats."
    • "There needs to be an improvement in their operation vision. They need to see things more globally because at the moment they are very North-America focused. We do not always have mobile applications and the way we use them is slightly different in Africa from the way they use them in America."

What is our primary use case?

I have a few use cases for this solution. I have a field-service agent in mining, a technician business within a coffee business, and I am also looking at doing something around sales and maintenance.

How has it helped my organization?

We have built a workflow using this solution to do our day-to-day operations and then monitor our agents in the field. We are able to track their work when they do projects and when they finish their tasks. We get a report on all of this information and it definitely made life easier.

What is most valuable?

I have found the way they structure the workflow and the fact that it a progressive application is valuable for me. This allows me to be able to build it once and use it in multiple formats. There is a lot of functionality that is important, for example, to do signatures and PDFs. Additionally, the user interface and the data import and export are very good and overall the solution is easy to use have has a quick turnaround time.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be an improvement in their operation vision. They need to see things more globally because at the moment they are very North-America focused. We do not always have mobile applications and the way we use them is slightly different in Africa from the way they use them in America. Sometimes the assumption or the workload's based on someone using that those features should be customizable, this could allow them to open up to a global market.

In an upcoming release, I would like to see is more around the reporting and the ability to accommodate non-Google accounts. They need to change the structure a little bit so it is more like an application rather than a specific security protocol, such as Google. Office, or Dropbox. At the moment the solution is very Google-based and very focused on data security. However, in Africa, not everybody has a Google account. I want to be able to create basic email or to have the ability to create bespoke user accounts.

AppSheet
    August 2022
    Learn what your peers think about AppSheet. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
    619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using the solution for two months.

The stability of the solution is very good in my experience.

I have approximately 30 using the solution in my organization.

I have plans to increase the usage of the solution. It is not being used intensively at the moment, we are still very early in the proof of concept stages. If we can get it off the ground and the solution stays operating well as it is, we will keep it, and if not then we will replace it. At the moment it seems to be doing the job that we want it to do.

Previously we used typical spreadsheets, such as Excel.

The installation was very straightforward. This is the power of the platform, it easy to use. The deployment took a few hours.

I did the implementations of the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement the solution is if you understand your data then this solution will work for you very well. The rapid application development process that comes out of use is very valuable.

One biggest lesson I have learned is the more you use the solution, the better you get at it and the easier it becomes.

I rate AppSheet an eight out of ten.

John Guic - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Manager at Sahel Eco Industries
    Free to use, easy to implement, and works well with other Google apps
    • "The solution is pretty simple to implement."
    • "The solution needs to improve its SQL database capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

I develop some macros and programs to link forms since nothing is easier than VBA for Excel, for instance. We use AppSheet to link the Sheets in. We try to make a database since Google has none at the moment. It has no SQL database, and so we are compelled to do it by ourselves, with AppSheet.

What is most valuable?

I like the combination of Drive, Sheets, and Glide. Glide is an app to use on mobile phones.

The solution is pretty simple to implement.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve its SQL database capabilities.

I’ve been using the solution for six months.

Stability is the leading risk. We can't ensure that the solution will last since, if Google decides something, it's finished. Or if the network, if the cloud doesn't work in our country suddenly, our access is gone. The connectivity is also not always ideal. Therefore, scalability is always a risk for us.

It is scalable for us. We are a small company with 100 people. We do not have not big, big company. We have two big companies in the country, and they use SAP for this. However, for all the other companies, it's this solution. The low-cost solution is enough.

With Google, even if you find a bug or something, it is solved quickly. The maximum I found was one week. However, if you declare on the forum that you have a problem, it is solved almost immediately. They are reactive. The improvement is continuous.

The personal support, person to person, is zero; however, the general support is very good. We don't expect to get somebody on the phone.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We used to use the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel. However, we stopped using it about six months ago.

I loved the VB solution. The best system for me at the moment is the Excel VBA. I can do everything with this. They are secure, and they have a database QR with MDB or access CCB. This is best for me. However, we need to buy this. It’s a lot of money and we now reject the Microsoft policy. Even if it's the best, we prefer to use AppSheet instead. It has developed some features that even Excel doesn’t have. While it's a minimal initiative, it’s my understanding that they will grow now.

The initial setup is really, really straightforward. It’s not overly complex.

Its deployment takes about one week.

I was able to set up the solution myself, in-house. I did not need outside assistance.

Right now it is free and open source, however, there’s always a risk that one day they will decide to start charging us for it and that would not be ideal. We use it due to the fact that it is free.

What other advice do I have?

I am a consultant, and I perform training on this solution.

The solution is always auto-updating. I’m not sure which version we are on currently. I don’t keep track.

I would recommend the product to others.

I’d rate it an eight out of ten.

AppSheet
    August 2022
    619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Rabea Alaghbari - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Executive Officer at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
    User friendly, easy to use, and are able to use many applications
    • "The solution has been very user friendly, easy to use, and we are able to use many applications like Excel or Google sheets."
    • "They could improve by providing more language support other than English, integrate better with other databases, and provide a better UX."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution in financial developments  especially in the economic and financial sector as a solution for monitoring and supervising which always receive un formed data this solution helps a lot to organize this data and manage the tasks , I also used this solution in the education sector , it's really easy and flexible for any aspect , In the near future I'm planning to use this solution for an enterpruner and humanitarian sector which will help a lot to improve some startup companies with providing this solution for free .

How has it helped my organization?

The Appsheet has improved my organization by providing fast consulting services by using the advanced cloud technology solutions . Using the Agile management in my firm insisted that I have to find fast solutions to reduce the amount of process , really the Appsheet solution helps a lot and give me the chance to manage the work and to think out of the box to find easy and flexbility ble way for using this solution in multiple aspect in my life . I will be flowing the updates for this solution and try to implement it in my work .

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very user friendly, easy to use, and we are able to use many applications like Excel or Google sheets , the flexibility of use this solution and entegrate it with several applications related to data management as I mentioned first such as Excel and Google sheets .. etc .

AppSheet has given its users the chance to see the Excel or Google Sheet through an application instead of working in the usual sheets . It's new and different way to manage working with sheets . The real value of AppSheet in my opinion is how to use artificial intelligence to redirect the data to users .

What needs improvement?

They could improve by providing more language support other than English especially the languages that written from right to left such as Arabic , integrate better with other databases, and provide a better UX.Also I recommend adding more templates to be used by the smartphones for creating applications. They could be used in small development sectors , which are difficult for them to invest in additional costs for using appalachians and solutions , the cost of using the Appsheet is calculated according to the need

I have been using the solution for approximately a year.

I have found the solution to be reliable.

The support has been good.

Microsoft PowerApp ,I switched to Appsheet easier and free plan in firest.

The installation was easy.

I chose this solution because it was cheaper than other competitors , more flexible and safe .

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate AppSheet a nine out of ten.

Google
    Sanjay Lokapur - PeerSpot reviewer
    Vice President Finance at Epicenter Technologies Pvt Ltd
    Great no-code platform with many useful features and good security
    • "The security of the solution is very good."
    • "They only give a single sign-on at a very high cost."

What is our primary use case?

I'm in the process of testing the product at this time.

What is most valuable?

The solution allows for many great features.

The product allows you to easily format columns. If I, for example, name something "phone" it will attach the correct characters to it. If I have a column for the date of birth, it will associate a date format to it.

There is the possibility for data linking, which is very helpful. I can get and add emails to it.

The security of the solution is very good.

It's a very good no-code development platform.

What needs improvement?

They should offer a license for playing out on an unlimited number of results. Otherwise, they're not competing properly with other solutions. It ends up being a higher cost.

They only give a single sign-on at a very high cost. This is offered at the basic level as well.

It would be ideal if it was more clear what the features on offer are. If there was a central place we could look at what was on offer and what is being designed, it would be useful.

I've only been using the solution for about a week or so. It's very new still. I've only started to use it.

They only give a single sign-on at a very high cost. They need to be a bit more generous by allowing for more sign-ons or maybe lowering the cost. The pricing is too high and the overall solution is far too expensive.

This is the first no-code development platform that I have used, however, I am looking at other similar solutions. I may start with AWS next. I need to look at it. I'm curious about what else is on offer.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been mostly pleased with its capabilities.

Download our free AppSheet Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: August 2022