Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Zscaler Private Access OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zscaler Private Access is #6 ranked solution in top ZTNA services. PeerSpot users give Zscaler Private Access an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Zscaler Private Access is most commonly compared to Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks: Zscaler Private Access vs Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks. Zscaler Private Access is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the ZTNA as a Service Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Zscaler Private Access?

Zscaler Private Access delivers policy-based, secure access to private applications and assets without the cost, hassle, or security risks of a VPN. Using the Zscaler App, users can now get all of the benefits of Zscaler’s Cloud Security Platform for Internet traffic, as well as granular, policy-based access to internal resources from a single point.

More Information: https://www.zscaler.com/produc...

Zscaler Private Access Customers

NOV, Growmark, Paychex, MAN Energy Solutions

Zscaler Private Access Video

Zscaler Private Access Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Zscaler Private Access pricing:
"Pricing for Zscaler Private Access is moderate. It's acceptable, though I can't give you the exact price currently. It's not too expensive, and on a scale of one to five, I would rate it a four out of five in terms of pricing."

Zscaler Private Access Reviews

Technical Consultant at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly, easy to customize, and simple to implement
  • "The VPN is great for the stability on offer and for the cloud updates and insights you can get."
  • "I can't speak to any missing features."

What is our primary use case?

With Private Access, from TCS, we used to support multiple customers. Some of our customers will be utilizing Private Access and we'll be supporting them.

Mainly due to the COVID pandemic situation, many people now work from home. When working from home they needed better connectivity for a VPN solution. That is the main criteria and customers are looking for a stable solution, a cloud-based solution, which can be integrated quickly and can be managed centrally. That is the driving point. The pandemic situation was the driver, as clients needed to add capacity also. Earlier, they would give this remote access solution only to a few people. Now nearly 90% of people work from home. The capacity has to be increased. For that, clients were looking for a multi-net solution and they started deploying Private Access.

What is most valuable?

The VPN is great for the stability on offer and for the cloud updates and insights you can get. We can protect the application well. There's no need to broadcast my network. Only the application will be visible, those kinds of things are very salient features.

The pricing is good as far as I know, although I don't have an idea of the exact pricing.

It offers great user-friendliness.

We like the customization capabilities.

It's straightforward to set up.

The scalability is good.

What needs improvement?

So far, we are happy with the solution. I can't speak to any missing features. Based on the customer feedback, they're doing good. We don't see any negative point at this point in time.

I've been using this solution for nearly three or four years. Some of our clients just started using the solution for one year.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Zscaler, Palo Alto Networks, Okta and others in ZTNA as a Service. Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is scalable and expands well.

I don't directly deal with technical support.

Earlier, we used to stick with on-prem solutions, and compared to on-prem, we are leveraging all the cloud benefits. With this product, the updates and signatures will be there, live updates will be there, et cetera. We don't have to worry about all those updates from a Private Access point of view. From a security perspective, you're adding a lot of security to the VPN solution. Everything is fine.

I'm not involved in the initial setup. My job is to recommend the solution and another team will be doing the setup. We're a larger organization, so there are different teams that work with customers and provide solutions.

That said, my understanding is that the initial setup is very straightforward.

The client needs to be deployed to the user machine. That typically is done with the Active Directory integration. If you are going to deploy it for multiple people, we need to deploy it, we need to push it using AD group policy or any other software distribution.  Other than that, it is easy only to deploy. We don't see much difficulty.

If we win that proposal, definitely our team will be involved in helping with the setup.

I cannot speak to the exact licensing costs.

We don't see any other, private, cloud-based VPN solution. There might be others, like Prisma, and there are so many solutions also coming out. Other than that, we are ready to explore new products. However, so far, whatever we have used within the Zscaler solution is doing good.

What other advice do I have?

I work for a consultancy. My customers are manufacturing customers.

We recommend the solution to customers looking for a kind of non-cloud-based VPN solution.

Typically we will use the latest version of the solution.

While there are so many customers still having on-premise solutions, we would definitely suggest cloud-based solutions and Zscaler would be in the top three we would recommend.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Sr. Architect at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Provides good connectivity for remote work, has a hassle-free setup, and is priced moderately
  • "What I find most valuable in Zscaler Private Access is that it's a VPN. Its connectivity as a VPN is its most valuable feature."
  • "What could be improved in Zscaler Private Access is its notification. For example, if there's a speed issue, there should be a pop-up that alerts the user about it. If there is a network quality issue, for example, it isn't good enough to connect to, or the network quality is bad, there should be a notification from the solution. Zscaler Private Access also needs improvement in terms of its interface and security."

What is our primary use case?

Zscaler Private Access is mainly used for connecting to my company network through a VPN. It's used for remote work.

What is most valuable?

What I find most valuable in Zscaler Private Access is that it's a VPN. Its connectivity as a VPN is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

What could be improved in Zscaler Private Access is its notification. For example, if there's a speed issue, there should be a pop-up that alerts the user about it. If there is a network quality issue, for example, it isn't good enough to connect to, or the network quality is bad, there should be a notification from the solution.

Zscaler Private Access also needs improvement in terms of its interface and security.

I've been using Zscaler Private Access for more than two years now.

Zscaler Private Access is a stable product.

In terms of the technical support for Zscaler Private Access, I didn't need any support yet, and I haven't spoken with the support team, so I can't rate them for now. I also have not heard anything about support from my colleagues or the IT team.

I haven't used other VPN solutions apart from Zscaler Private Access.

The initial setup for Zscaler Private Access was easy. It was a hassle-free setup. It took just a few minutes and I didn't even notice when the IT team installed it.

Zscaler Private Access was implemented in-house. It was done by our IT team.

Pricing for Zscaler Private Access is moderate. It's acceptable, though I can't give you the exact price currently. It's not too expensive, and on a scale of one to five, I would rate it a four out of five in terms of pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using Zscaler Private Access daily for eight to twelve hours.

More than five thousand people use the solution in my company.

I would rate Zscaler Private Access eight out of ten. Other products are more efficient and better than Zscaler Private Access, particularly in terms of interface and security, so I'm unable to give the solution a perfect score.

I don't know if my company is a partner of Zscaler Private Access, but I'm sure that it is a customer.

September 2022
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Inderjeet Singh - PeerSpot reviewer
Administrator at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Good web filtering and good internet security notifications with a nice interface
  • "I like the web filtering capabilities."
  • "Sometimes applications crash on some machines, and we’d like Zscaler to give us some information as to why that may have happened. We’d like more detailed reports."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution primarily for security purposes. We are blocking other sites which are not SSL in our Indian organization.

We are refusing authorization for users to access unauthorized sites. We are blocking through Zscaler. It’s for web filtering.

How has it helped my organization?

Many of us are working from home, and we are still able to do the filtering of websites for our workers, wherever they are.

What is most valuable?

I like the web filtering capabilities. Those are very good.

It offers sound internet security notifications.

There aren’t too many bugs, and it is easy to debug when necessary.

There are good Outlook features available.

It is stable.

The scalability has been good.

I like the user interface.

What needs improvement?

I’m not sure if any features are lacking. I’m mostly happy with it. That said, I’m not familiar with every area of the product. I need to study it a bit more.

We’ve been using the solution for two or three years.

It’s a stable product right now. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn’t crash or freeze. It’s reliable.

It’s scalable. We can add to it. It’s easy to expand.

We have 3,000 to 5,000 users on the solution currently. It’s basically used by everyone in the organization.

I wasn’t a part of the initial setup. I can’t speak to how it went or if it was easy or hard.

What other advice do I have?

I’m a consultant. However, I’m just an end-user of the solution.

I’d give the solution a ten out of ten. It is working fine for us.

Mohd FauzanRahim - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Network Engineer at Measat Broadcast Network System
Highly scalable, seemly conductivity, and simple setup
  • "The most valuable feature of Zscaler Private Access is we do not have to connect to a VPN, it is seamless. It is more convenient for us because we use one agent to cover the internet and VPN access."
  • "Zscaler Private Access could improve by improving external access. If external parties want to access locally to my company's services, we need to onboard them into our domain, otherwise, it doesn't work. Additionally, if their company also has Zscaler Private Access, then it doesn't work. They need to log in with our domain ID, not their company ID."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zscaler Private Access to provide access to on-premise applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Zscaler Private Access is we do not have to connect to a VPN, it is seamless. It is more convenient for us because we use one agent to cover the internet and VPN access.

What needs improvement?

Zscaler Private Access could improve by improving external access. If external parties want to access locally to my company's services, we need to onboard them into our domain, otherwise, it doesn't work. Additionally, if their company also has Zscaler Private Access, then it doesn't work. They need to log in with our domain ID, not their company ID.

I have been using Zscaler Private Access for approximately one and a half years.

The stability of Zscaler Private Access is good.

I rate the stability of Zscaler Private Access a five out of five.

Zscaler Private Access is scalable.

I rate the scalability of Zscaler Private Access a five out of five.

We have approximately 300 users using this solution.

I have not used the support from Zscaler Private Access.

I use FortiClient VPN in parallel with Zscaler Private Access.

Zscaler Private Access's initial setup was simple. The total time for the implementation took one hour.

We did the implementation of Zscaler Private Access with one person.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Zscaler Private Access an eight out of ten.

Download our free ZTNA as a Service Report and find out what your peers are saying about Zscaler, Palo Alto Networks, Okta, and more!
Updated: September 2022