Invicti OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Invicti is the #19 ranked solution in AST tools and #22 ranked solution in application security solutions. PeerSpot users give Invicti an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Invicti is most commonly compared to Acunetix: Invicti vs Acunetix. Invicti is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Application Security Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Invicti?

Invicti helps DevSecOps teams automate security tasks and save hundreds of hours each month by identifying web vulnerabilities that matter. Combining dynamic with interactive testing (DAST + IAST) and software composition analysis (SCA), Invicti scans every corner of an app to find what other tools miss with 99.98% accuracy, delivering on the promise of Zero Noise AppSec. Invicti helps discover all web assets — even ones that are lost, forgotten, or created by rogue departments. With an array of out-of-the-box integrations, DevSecOps teams can get ahead of their workloads to hit critical deadlines, improve processes, and communicate more effectively while reducing risk and hitting the ROI goals.

Invicti was previously known as Mavituna Netsparker.

Invicti Customers

Samsung, The Walt Disney Company, T-Systems, ING Bank

Invicti Video

Invicti Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Invicti pricing:
"Netsparker is one of the costliest products in the market. It would help if they could allow us to scan multiple URLs on the same license."

Invicti Reviews

Lead Security Architect at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
A customizable security testing solution with good tech support, but the price could be better
  • "The dashboard is really cool, and the features are really good. It tells you about the software version you're using in your web application. It gives you the entire technology stack, and that really helps. Both web and desktop apps are good in terms of application scanning. It has a lot of security checks that are easily customizable as per your requirements. It also has good customer support."
  • "The license could be better. It would help if they could allow us to scan multiple URLs on the same license. It's a major hindrance that we are facing while scanning applications, and we have to be sure that the URLs are the same and not different so that we do not end up consuming another license for it. Netsparker is one of the costliest products in the market. The licensing is tied to the URL, and it's restricted. If you have a URL that you scanned once, like a website, you cannot retry that same license. If you are scanning the same website but in a different domain or different URL, you might end up paying for a second license. It would also be better if they provided proper support for multi-factor authentications. In the next release, I would like them to include good multi-factor authentication support."

What is our primary use case?

We use Netsparker by Invicti to run tests for application security based on OWASP Top 10.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is really cool, and the features are really good. It tells you about the software version you're using in your web application. It gives you the entire technology stack, and that really helps. Both web and desktop apps are good in terms of application scanning. It has a lot of security checks that are easily customizable as per your requirements. It also has good customer support.

What needs improvement?

The license could be better. It would help if they could allow us to scan multiple URLs on the same license. It's a major hindrance that we are facing while scanning applications, and we have to be sure that the URLs are the same and not different so that we do not end up consuming another license for it.

Netsparker is one of the costliest products in the market. The licensing is tied to the URL, and it's restricted. If you have a URL that you scanned once, like a website, you cannot retry that same license. If you are scanning the same website but in a different domain or different URL, you might end up paying for a second license.

It would also be better if they provided proper support for multi-factor authentications. In the next release, I would like them to include good multi-factor authentication support.

I have been using Netsparker by Invicti for about five years.

Application Security Tools
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Invicti, PortSwigger, HCL and others in Application Security Tools. Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We haven't had any problems with stability.

Scalability is simple because we are using it as a standalone application at the moment. It's installed in one of our testing environments. So, I cannot really comment about scalability. We have about three to five people using it at the moment.

Tech support is really wonderful, and they are very helpful and prompt with responses as well. If we have some queries regarding macros, regarding the APIs, the customer support is really good, and they have good recommendations as well.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Netsparker is one of the costliest products in the market. It would help if they could allow us to scan multiple URLs on the same license.

There are different products in the market for DAST like Micro Focus, IBM AppScan, Acunetix, and Burp Suite. All these products have their pros and cons. Netsparker is really good, and it has a vast variety for security checks, plugins, that could be used for finding vulnerabilities.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that it's really one of the best products in the market for web application security or Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST). The licensing part is challenging, but they might get a good deal out of the Netsparker team.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Netsparker by Invicti a seven.

JoelGeorge - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate at Tata Consultancy
A comprehensive solution for all of your security testing needs
  • "It has a comprehensive resulting mechanism. It is a one-stop solution for all your security testing mechanisms."
  • "Reporting should be improved. The reporting options should be made better for end-users. Currently, it is possible, but it's not the best. Being able to choose what I want to see in my reports rather than being given prefixed information would make my life easier. I had to depend on the API for getting the content that I wanted. If they could fix the reporting feature to make it more comprehensive and user-friendly, it would help a lot of end-users. Everything else was good about this product."

What needs improvement?

I used this solution for around 16 months. We were using its latest version.

It was a cloud deployment. It was an internal cloud. The company bought the cloud version and then hosted it internally.

It's good. I believe it went down only once in 16 months. It never had any other problem.

Their support was good. They were quite prompt with their responses. When we had any issues, we reached out, and they did respond quickly.

It was done by my company's IT team, and I was not involved in that.

We basically had them implement it in-house for us. So, it was done in-house, but it was done by Netsparker's team. It was not done by our team.

In terms of maintenance, it was being managed by a team, but I don't know how many people were managing it in that team.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good tool. It has an API segment that makes up for the lack of reporting options. You can execute commands on Netsparker by using your command-line interface. By using the API, you will be able to get the kind of information that you are looking for. It'll help you in getting the results that you want.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Application Security Tools
November 2022
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PrashantPatil - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Security Consultant at Verve Square Technologies
Great active and passive scanning, and reports are generated automatically
  • "The solution generates reports automatically and quickly."
  • "The scannings are not sufficiently updated."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of any web application in addition to API testing. The solution generates reports for us. I'm a security consultant and we are end-users.

What is most valuable?

The solution generates reports automatically and quickly and it's a very user-friendly product. I like the active and passive scanning, which is a good feature from my perspective.

What needs improvement?

I find that the scannings are not sufficiently updated.

I've been using this solution for four years.

The stability is good, up to the mark.

The scalability is good and we're likely going to increase usage of Netsparker.

We contact technical support all the time and they are great. They resolve issues quickly and efficiently.

We also use Burp Suite which is a UI-based tool that I also find to be user-friendly. We use both products so that in the case of false positives we can compare and verify.

The initial setup is straightforward and the solution doesn't require any maintenance. We currently have 15 users and that number is likely to expand to around 20 in the near future.

The pricing of the license is compatible with our budget.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend Netsparker and rate it eight out of 10.

Download our free Application Security Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Invicti, PortSwigger, HCL, and more!
Updated: November 2022