IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Webex OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Webex is #4 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools. PeerSpot users give Webex an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Webex is most commonly compared to Zoom: Webex vs Zoom. Webex is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 27% of all views.
Webex Buyer's Guide

Download the Webex Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Webex?

Webex is designed to help companies improve communication and increase productivity with unlimited HD video meetings in shared meeting spaces.

Companies can use Webex, a Cisco product, to collaborate with peers, share documents and other information, create high-impact webinars and online events, and present dynamic online courses. It can be tailored to your exact company needs and can be fully integrated with mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry.

Webex was previously known as Cisco Spark.

Webex Customers

Seagate Technology, Kohn Pedersen Fox, World Vision International, Glen Raven, University of Notre Dame, CEV Multimedia, The Food Group, LUMEDX, California Baptist University, and Georgetown University Law Center.

Webex Video

Archived Webex Reviews (more than two years old)

Rahul Maheshwari - PeerSpot reviewer
Transformation Program Manager at NTT Data India Enterprise Application Services Pri
Powerful with convenient recording feature and useful mobile app option
  • "Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook."
  • "No private chat option."

What is our primary use case?

We used Webex extensively, several times a day, for internal and external meetings as well as web and video conferencing. I'm a transformation program manager and we're a customer of Webex.

What is most valuable?

I really liked the seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook, so that I could schedule meetings. The Microsoft login was pretty convenient. The recording feature was very convenient and I had the mobile app as well which was an added convenience for me.

What needs improvement?

We had one problematic issue and that was with the recordings that were kept on the web. Initially they were auto archiving but then recordings were getting deleted after three months and we weren't aware of that change in their policy. I lost a lot of my recordings and I think they should have a longer retention period for the recordings.

A private chat option would be a good addition to the solution. If you're in the middle of a meeting and you want to have a private chat with someone, it can be a useful feature.

I used this solution for one year.

Webex
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Webex. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

In most cases, the solution is stable although a couple of times we had issues with the audio conferencing feature for people who tried joining on their phones. On the whole there were no problems.

I believe scalability is good. We have 30,000 employees in our company and probably around 10,000 were using Webex. An IT team manages the solution.

I contacted Webex technical support after the recordings were deleted but they weren't able to retrieve them for me. It was very unfortunate because I had no other record of those meetings and they couldn't resolve that for me because the meetings had been deleted. That was the only time I contacted technical support.

Prior to Webex we used an audio conferencing solution called Arkadin. We only switched to web conferencing when we moved to Cisco Webex. We had also used Skype but it wasn't very effective. We would use audio Arkadin conferencing and if we needed to screen share we'd use Skype.

We are now using Zoom and it seems Zoom requires more customizations than Webex. Zoom required setting changes before allowing everyone to join meetings and the default settings were not good. Zoom does have the private chat option which Webex doesn't have and I found that very useful.

The setup was quite straightforward and convenient. We managed the deployment and setup ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good software and a powerful tool, I don't have any complaints.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

VP, Sr Quantitative Financial Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good for hosting large presentations, but a directory for dial-in participants should be available

What is our primary use case?

We use Webex for all of our internal meetings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that you can host presentations with a lot of attendees.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if they had a directory that you could consult for the meeting dial-in numbers.

Webex seems to be pretty stable.

We have about 600 people in the company and all of them use Webex.

I have not needed to ask for support.

I have not worked with any similar solutions that I can compare this with.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

Webex
July 2022
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Consultant - Risk and compliance at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use with good stability and excellent audio capabilities
  • "The solution makes it easy for us as a team to collaborate remotely."
  • "The solution should come as a big client for the system. It should be able to be used just like chat software when necessary, similar to instant messaging."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for any virtual meeting. We use it for web meetings that require audio communication, text communication, and video. Video is not essential for us most of the time, however. It's not critical to see staff during, for example, team meetings.

What is most valuable?

The chat functionality and the audio capabilities are the solution's most valuable features. For us, video isn't important as long as audio is good.

The presentation of the solution is very efficient.

The solution makes it easy for us as a team to collaborate remotely.

All of the basic features are fantastic. I couldn't rank them in terms of "favorite", and they are all pretty standard within any other similar product, like Zoom or Microsoft Teams.

Webex offers very good bandwidth managed tools. Even with low or poor bandwidth, the solution works pretty well.

What needs improvement?

Currently, the solution isn't really lacking in features.

We've been using the solution for eight years now.

The stability of the solution is excellent compared to other solutions on the market. The solution also works seamlessly with both desktop and mobile devices.

Scalability is fantastic. It's really seamless. If you need to have a big meeting, you can do so quite easily with this solution. It works well. It supports a lot of people at once. It may be that up to one hundred users can join a single call. We've tested the solution with this amount of people and it worked fine. However, largely, we wouldn't do that. We'd run something of that size more like a one-way meeting, similar to a webinar so that things are kept orderly.

I've never contacted technical support directly. We have our own internal team that handles any troubleshooting that needs to happen.

The licensing costs are usually billed on a subscription basis, however I don't know whether it's monthly or yearly. I also don't know the exact costs to our organization. I'm only aware that it's a subscription-based model. There aren't any extra costs on top of the standard licensing fee that is charged.

What other advice do I have?

We schedule calls often with this solution. We schedule a meeting and dial-in to the meeting. When I say dial-in, it's web-based or a data connection, not a traditional voice call. You don't need a phone to use the service.

I would rate this product an eight out of ten. Other products are also doing the same jobs, and run the same tasks. The only difference is stability. Especially when we do screen sharing, compared to other products, Webex performance is much better.

The solution is provided from the cloud, so we're always using the most up-to-date version of the solution. Webex ensures everything is always automatically updated.

Private Cloud

CEO at a recruiting/HR firm with 11-50 employees
Reliable, with good performance, but a bit technical to set up
  • "Doing presentations on the solution is very good. There isn't much they could do to improve this aspect. It's excellent."
  • "The initial implementation was a bit difficult. If they could simplify that aspect of the solution, it would be helpful for future users."

What is our primary use case?

We don't use it in any technical way; we mostly just use it for presentations and things of that sort.

What is most valuable?

The solution is consistent. The performance especially is quite consistent in comparison to other applications.

What needs improvement?

For what we use it for, I can't think of anything the solution is lacking.

We've been using the solution for a long time. It's been about five or six years now.

The solution is very stable. We have no complaints. I haven't had to deal with bugs or glitches. There haven't been crashes. It doesn't freeze. I consider it to be a reliable service.

If a company needs to scale, it should be able to easily with this solution. We haven't run into any issue on our end. It's been good. However, we only really have five users on the solution. We do plan to increase usage to up to ten users.

I haven't really had to contact technical support. In very rare instances do we contact them at all, so I can't speak to the quality of service in any meaningful way, unfortunately.

We're also beginning to use Microsoft Teams. We use them as well due to the fact that their pricing is a bit better.

The initial setup was a little bit complex. It wasn't exactly straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a WebEx customer. We don't have any affiliations or special relationships with the company.

The pricing is a little bit high for our company. Due to the cost, we've started working more with Microsoft Teams.

Overall, I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. The setup is a bit technical, otherwise, I would rate it higher. Also, there are other competitors coming to the market which may be a bit easier to use.

I would still recommend it to others though. It's a good product. It's very solid and reliable.

SYED RAHMAN - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder and President at AAnnex
Perfect for remote meetings, excellent feature offerings, and a professional UI
  • "It's easy to dial the numbers and the process of connecting a call is very intuitive."
  • "Sometimes the call quality is not that great. When you call in, especially in an international situation, or if you have people calling from different continents or geographical locations, there can be issues with the call itself."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to handle our remote meetings. If we need to have international meetings or client meetings, we use this solution. We also use it if we need to share desktops remotely or remotely control a customer's environment. We use it to record calls as well.

What is most valuable?

All the features the solution offers are great. The sharing control menu is very easy to use, especially when you compare it to a technology like Zoom. It also looks and feels very professional. The user interface is great. The layout is quite nice and it's not offensive in any way which lends itself to a certain level of professionalism during calls.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the call quality is not that great. When you call in, especially in an international situation, or if you have people calling from different continents or geographical locations, there can be issues with the call itself.

I would like to see improved chatting functionality. The chat boxes need to be more prominent. It would be nice if you could edit your chat, and easily add attachments into it, similar to Slack, to make it easier to share, sidebar, and communicate during calls. It's very important to add some sort of editing function into the chats. You want to be professional and fix any mistakes and not just leave them there.

I've been using the solution for five years now.

I'd rate technical support at a seven out of ten. They're okay. I haven't used them too much.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business relationship with WebEx. We're a solution partner.

I personally am a cloud architect and I work for many international companies.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Director - Big Data, IoT and Analytics at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Integrates with Outlook and schedules meetings well but it is not reliable or consistent
  • "The most valuable features are video conferencing, the integration with Outlook, and scheduling meetings."
  • "There are too many issues with getting people connected to meetings."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for video conferencing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are video conferencing, the integration with Outlook, and scheduling meetings. These features work well.

What needs improvement?

There are too many issues with getting people connected to meetings.

Reliability and consistency need improvement.

I would like to see support for connecting with customers who don't have Webex installed and to improve the audio quality.

I have been using Webex for a couple of years, using the most up-to-date version.

There are some issues with stability.

The scalability is good.

We have not had any experience with technical support because we have not had to call.

I also have experience with Zoom and I find it to be a better product.

The initial setup was straightforward and there was nothing difficult about it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to get the full version, the enterprise version, and make sure that the initial setup is done properly.

Zoom is better, as it is easier and more consistent.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

IT Technical III - IT Security at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to install and use, and the remote control features are helpful
  • "Webex is easy to use, even for people who are just learning it."
  • "This solution would be much better if we could install an endpoint and have centralized management."

What is our primary use case?

I use Webex for having meetings in the cloud. For example, sometimes I use it for technical reviews with my team, and sometimes, I used it for education.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the remote control. I can share my screen, or control other PCs, which are very good features. I can do all of this from home without having to travel.

Webex is easy to use, even for people who are just learning it. They can join meetings or share content with the click of a link.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be much better if we could install an endpoint and have centralized management. This would allow me to subscribe, push an endpoint to the client, and then control these points.

I would like to see the inclusion of security agents, for example from McAfee or Symantec, which can scan the communication for threats. This would help avoid problems if a user has malware on their machine. Webex would also be able to scan for malicious files.

I have been using Webex for three years.

The stability is very good and Cisco is doing a great job with it. We use it on a regular basis.

This is a scalable product. In the past three years, I have not faced any issues related to scalability.

I have been in touch with Cisco support and they are very good. For enterprise-level organizations, I find them very good.

I have also used GoToMeeting and Zoom. I found that Webex is easier to use than these other products.

This cloud-based solution is very easy to install, with only a single click.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is simply that if this product fits the requirements then people should just start using it. It is very easy to use and can't be complicated, even for non-professional users.

Head of Technology at a real estate/law firm with 11-50 employees
Easy to set up and use with a nice user interface

What is our primary use case?

We use Webex for web-based meetings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of use.

You can meet with users and you can control the contributions.

The interface is nice.

What needs improvement?

We have had issues where some of the invited participants are not able to join the meeting. This is a problem that we have had to create a support ticket for.

We have been using Webex for about one month.

The stability is fine.

Webex is scalable, although we only have a small number of users in our company. Not everyone is using it.

The initial setup is easy.

The pricing of this solution is fine and I am satisfied with it.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Webex is working fine for us at the time being and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Information Technology Support Team Lead at a outsourcing company with 51-200 employees
Has the ability to join meetings via phone but we have experienced connectivity issues
  • "The ability to join by phone is the most valuable feature. I also think that it's much simpler to use and it's a Cisco product so I think it's the industry standard."
  • "The connectivity can be improved because sometimes when we talk to clients that are overseas the connection is kind of poor. The video will be pixelated and we will need to turn off the video because the voice gets delayed."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

The ability to join by phone is the most valuable feature. I also think that it's much simpler to use and it's a Cisco product so I think it's the industry standard.

What needs improvement?

The connectivity can be improved because sometimes when we talk to clients that are overseas the connection is kind of poor. The video will be pixelated and we will need to turn off the video because the voice gets delayed.

We have been using Webex Meetings for two months.

I don't have any scalability issues.

We don't really contact customer support because we have isolated issues.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a six out of ten. It's not that bad but it's not excellent.

They should improve the overall connection stability. So that if we are on the other side of the world, we won't have issues where the video lags or voice is delayed. They are isolated issues for us. It could be that our ISPs are the problem.

I would recommend Webex for a quick meeting so that employees can meet.

DharmeshPatel - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder & CEO at 7Array Solutions private limited
Cost-effective, easy to manage and use, and the support is good
  • "What we like about Webex is that it is a hosted solution, so there is no demand for us to invest in hardware, skill, or manpower to maintain our cloud meeting capability."
  • "Better integration with other solutions would benefit Webex."

What is our primary use case?

We use Webex for having our virtual meetings and we also provide this as a solution for our customers. On our side, we use it for both internal and external communication.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution allows us to operate 24/7, even in cases like the current COVID-19 crisis. It allows us to interact with our customers for support and for other activities.

What is most valuable?

We can host a meeting online from anywhere at any time and from any location.

Webex can be used for more than just meetings. You can also have a remote session or an organized event like a webinar. You can perform live technical support if you want.

What needs improvement?

Better integration with other solutions would benefit Webex.

We have been using Webex for the past eight years.

We are using Webex extensively these days.

It is very scalable in terms of the time limits for meetings. You can even say that there are no time limits, depending on your subscription.

We have 20 internal users and more than 100 customers using Webex.

I like the support and I don't see any challenges in terms of it. The solution is managed and maintained through the cloud and at any time, if we need any help or technical assistance then we have toll free numbers, as well as email addresses for contact centers.

We can get any help and support that we need, whether it is technical support or retail support.

We did not use another similar software prior to this.

We deploy this solution ourselves and it takes about 30 minutes.

Licensing is subscription-based and the cost varies depending on how many minutes are included in the plan. There is an unlimited plan available as well.

In general, this is not an expensive solution. The price improves with the number of licenses that are purchased.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering Webex is that it is a great tool for having meetings and collaborating with customers, suppliers, and employees. I think that everybody should use it.

Overall, this is a good solution and I recommend it. It is easy to operate, easy to manage, easy to configure, and it is cost-effective.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Mohd Zulkarnain - PeerSpot reviewer
GROUP IT Executive at ENRA GROUP BERHAD
Easy for participants to get connected to and has good stability
  • "The most valuable aspect of this solution is that it is the easiest for participants to get connected to."
  • "I would like for them to include a collaboration tool so that you can directly do a video call or audio call to your colleagues or anyone in the office."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to include a collaboration tool so that you can directly do a video call or audio call to your colleagues or anyone in the office.

They should also introduce a collaboration tool to include the features of audio call and video call.

I have been using Webex for two months.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took us around five minutes. It only took one person to set up.

We have hundreds of users using this solution.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for the simplest and cheapest option for video conferencing you should consider Webex compared to other solutions. It is very stable. It is very good.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a perfect ten because I would like to see the collaboration tool.

It is very quick and easy to set up.

Senior Solution Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, has good connection, and good screen-sharing features
  • "We can easily connect the device and create a room and then we can call many devices."
  • "The UX should be more user-friendly. I know others don't like the UX because it's a little complicated to use."

How has it helped my organization?

The most valuable features are:

• It's easy to use
  • The connection is good
  • Screen-sharing.

What needs improvement?

I haven't had any problems with stability or scalability.

I like Webex more because it's more convenient. I can install it on a mobile phone. The UX is better than Zoom but I know other people prefer Zoom.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Webex an eight out of ten.

I would recommend Webex because I can use it with other devices. We can easily connect the device and create a room and then we can call many devices.

Lynne Liu - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Analyst at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
Has the option to type in a phone number and get a conference room to call my number rather than needing to dial in every time
  • "They have a feature called Call Me in which I need to type in my phone number and I can get a conference room to call my number rather than needing to dial in every time. I think that's a quite good feature."
  • "My company does a lot of international calls. For some countries they do not have their local number to call in, all they have is a 1-800 number which is quite hard to find. If they want to improve they should set up the local number to call in. What would be beneficial."

What is most valuable?

They have a feature called Call Me in which I need to type in my phone number and I can get a conference room to call my number rather than needing to dial in every time. I think that's a quite good feature.

What needs improvement?

My company does a lot of international calls. For some countries they do not have their local number to call in, all they have is a 1-800 number which is quite hard to find. If they want to improve they should set up the local number to call in. What would be beneficial.

I have been using Webex for the last two years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. Our entire company uses it.

Our office alone is forty people and I know other offices use it as well but I'm not sure about the exact number.

We have an IT department that handles the maintenance and then a go-to person if we do have issues.

I haven't had any issues with Webex that I've needed to contact their support for.

We were previously using GoToMeeting in which we would share our screens but I think in Webex there's a whiteboard, where you can draw. I don't think we had that option with GoToMeeting.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Webex. I'm currently using and I'm happy with it. It has all of the features that our business needs. For example, our manager can call in and they also have their conference number which you can dial in as well and you can dial in using your phone, or you can use your computer video. It's easy to share a screen and turn your video on and off.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Technical Architect at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Easy to deploy, good screen sharing, and it offers dial-in numbers for meeting participants
  • "The most valuable option is screen sharing."
  • "I would like to see the addition of new features that will add value to the product."

What is our primary use case?

We have online meetings using Webex, which include sharing our screens and running different kinds of scenarios.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable option is screen sharing.

Webex offers dial-in numbers for participants to join the conference, which makes it easier when we deal with international participants.

This solution is easy to deploy and integrates well.

The recording of sessions works well.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the addition of new features that will add value to the product. These include things including a faster save or download time for conferences.

I have been using Webex for two years.

We haven't had any problems with stability.

This is a scalable solution. We have about 400,000 employees who can each use Webex.

We have an internal team and haven't had any problems that required contacting technical support.

it is very easy to install and we didn't have any challenges with it.

What other advice do I have?

As an end-consumer, I think that the product is fine. I am happy with all of the features and happy with the product overall. It is one that I recommend. Any new features coming in at the point are just going to add value.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

reviewer1205559 - PeerSpot reviewer
Customer Success Manager with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
Screen sharing and remote control help us solve customer problems much faster
  • "The best feature is to be able to share the screen or just some application we want, even a video or audio, then request the remote control of the device with which they have connected."
  • "The modification of the email template is not very intuitive."

What is our primary use case?

I use Webex Meeting daily to make all kinds of virtual meetings with my clients, colleagues, and suppliers. It helps me to carry out surveys on needs or help clients create smart accounts or review problems on their platform, all without moving from the office or my house, even from the cell phone.

How has it helped my organization?

Webex has helped me to give my customers a much faster response without the need to mobilize, so it avoids transport costs and times. It allows us to improve the SLA contracted by customers, so we can improve our contracts. This ultimately translates into greater profit.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is to be able to share the screen or just some application we want, even a video or audio, then request the remote control of the device with which they have connected. The latter helps solve problems much faster, rather than guiding the customer.

In the latest version, they have greatly improved access to virtual meeting rooms and it is quite intuitive.

What needs improvement?

I think options during a meeting can be further improved. You should explore a lot to see the information in the room, for example.

The modification of the email template is not very intuitive.

I have been using this solution for three years.

In the last year, only one time have we run out of service. There was an update that meant that for a couple of days, there is no service worldwide. But, it was only a single time and even the president of Cisco came out to apologize.

The solution scales to what one decides. It has practically no limits.

Cisco has a help desk that works twenty-four hours a day. Depending on the service contract, a case can be opened at any time and an engineer will take it to help solve the problem. If this engineer cannot, it will be escalated until it is resolved.

I have used Microsoft's solution with Skype for Business, but it does not integrate as natively with video devices as Webex Meeting does.

The initial setup is really very easy. However, you better not make a mistake in creating the site, because it is not possible to delete it on your own. To delete it, you must open a case with Cisco support.

We ourselves have implemented it.

Just because you don't need a transfer to support customers or get together, it makes the solution pay for itself.

The cost of installation is free and it is not required to install anything since it is a cloud service.

The price of the license depends a lot on the type of service required and whether it is for the entire company or only for a few users. It becomes much cheaper when used by the entire company.

I tried BlueJeans and Zoom before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

The solution really is very good. In the last year, it has improved a lot, including the recording of the meetings has improved and been perfected.

Kari Flor - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager, Telecommunications at Gyrus ACMI - Olympus
Leaderboard
The call me feature is one of the features our employees seem to love

What is our primary use case?

Cisco WebEx solution is used for voice and web conferencing across five domestic manufacturing facilities. The service enables our locations to utilize not only voice conferencing but also web which allows sharing of content.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows for collaboration between like teams located in different manufacturing facilities as well as corporate offices, including training.

What is most valuable?

The call me feature is one of the features our employees seem to love, they hate having to locate a phone number to call in to it. They say it is cumbersome.

What needs improvement?

In collaborating we sometimes find it difficult to let others "control" your meeting while they speak, users say it is cumbersome to "pass the puck".

More than five years.

We have had some audio quality issues, and troubleshooting can be difficult because of the details you need to provide to Cisco/WebEx, and that the call needs to have taken place very recently. We have users that sometimes don't even report the issue for a day or two.

We have had no issues with any limitations WebEx may have.

We have had some audio quality issues, and troubleshooting can be difficult because of the details you need to provide to Cisco/WebEx and that the call needs to have taken place very recently. We have users that sometimes don't even report the issue for a day or two.

InterCall: not as much collaboration ability.

Straightforward. Rolled out to users without issue.

Both, we had vendor assistance, but communication came from in-house to end users.

Unknown.

Yes, I don't remember.

What other advice do I have?

Be aware of the different costs associated with voice and data (even if you don't use it you may still be charged).

Financial Consultant
Allows me to conduct meetings, share files, record events, but is costly outside the US

How has it helped my organization?

It allows me to conduct meetings, share files, record events, chat, and have presentations with co-workers.

What is most valuable?

Webinar.

What needs improvement?

The charges for US and Asia vary greatly.  It costs more to subscribe to WebEx in Asia.

Three to five years.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Very good. Phone support is available 24/7 to get technical help.

I have recently switched to a different solution. WebEx is more costly. There are equivalent solutions at a lower cost.

Set up is convenient.

WebEx is cost effective if the company or individual is located in the US.

Zoom is a good equivalent and alternative.

What other advice do I have?

If you are not located in the US, do consider Zoom.

Microsoft SQL Server DBA at a tech services company with 11-50 employees

What is our primary use case?

Using it for web conferencing, and for screen and documents sharing between members of geographically distributed teams.

How has it helped my organization?

Team members do not need to use public solutions to collaborate on complex projects, share files and screens.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Webex is mostly doing its job without any issues. The only thing it maybe needs is a chat. It is not very comfortable to use. Private and public messages is a good idea, but it is too easy to select the wrong option.

Network Build Leader at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
The initial setup was quick and easy for a program that can be used anywhere on any device

What is most valuable?

Using it anywhere on any devices.

How has it helped my organization?

Having the quickest meetings ever.

What needs improvement?

Overall collaborations.

I have used it for one year.

A 10 out of 10.

A 10 out of 10.

Jabber. It was less flexible, which is why we switched.

The initial setup was easy and quick.

It was implemented through a vendor team. I would give them a 10 out of 10.

Not applicable.

Not applicable.

Network & Unified Collaboration Leader at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Messaging, meeting, and delivery calling are now easier from the cloud, but the product is not very user-friendly

What is most valuable?

Improved collaboration.

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco Spark has changed the concept of team messaging and communication in a very dramatic way. Messaging, meeting, and delivery calling are now easy from the cloud. This app also ensures security of the users by providing an encrypted and feasible chance for enterprise-wide engagement. The part I like best is that I can communicate with team members easily and also can have private chats outside the main room. Users can share content in a meeting, when in a call, or when messaging anyone, and the app can be accessed on smart phones, browsers, and dedicated downloads on Windows or Mac desktops.

What needs improvement?

Though it is a nice app to work with, it has downsides, too. It is not very user-friendly. Sometimes users cannot use voice recognition to send a message. Sometimes messages will not send, icons sometimes will not load, and those things disappoint a user. They should work on solving these issues as soon as possible.

One year.

Good.

Awesome.

it_user735240 - PeerSpot reviewer
Unified Communications Engineer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
You know to whom you are talking when you are conferencing

What is most valuable?

The possibility to have conferences with several people. The best feature is that you know to whom you are talking. It's not like a phone conference where someone is talking, but if you don't recognize the voice, you don't know who is talking.

Also, I like the ability to integrate video conference into the meeting.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm work at Telefonica International. This tool improves our communications with people all around the globe.

What needs improvement?

Cisco WebEx is always developing more functions and improving on the ones that it already has. So, I think that all areas are improving already.

For three years now.

Yes, but it depends on the customers'/users' networks, not with Cisco WebEx in particular.

No issues.

I would give it a six out of 10.

Not previously. But currently, we also use Lync (Skype for Business), and WebEx is far far better than Skype.

No, it's very easy to implement as long as you have a clear picture of what you want. Also, the tool is very malleable, so you can easily change functionalities.

Cisco is not cheap, and this product is not the exception to the rule, but it is worth all the money paid.

What other advice do I have?

If you have the budget, go for WebEx. You won't find anything more stable, scalable, and with a fair support team.

Group Learning and Development Programme Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy-to-use Virtual Training Solution Which Integrates With Outlook

What is most valuable?

I enjoy conducting virtual training in the WebEx training room. I’m in Learning & Development and delivering training virtually with a tool that easily integrates with Outlook is great.

How has it helped my organization?

Ease of use; people in our company are familiar with WebEx meetings, so to move to the training platform didn’t take a lot of effort or knowledge share.

We are conducting various training sessions frequently using this platform.

What needs improvement?

For the Training centre:

1. When you use the whiteboard, you cannot MOVE the contributions of learners.
  2. To co-facilitate and have all the features, e.g., mute or unmute learners, assign permissions, etc. It seems to be difficult.
  3. Unmuting only certain learners, not the whole class, or muting all but not the facilitators seems to be troublesome.

Four years.

Not yet.

I haven’t ask for tech support yet.

Used Saba. Scheduling and the integration with Outlook is much easier with WebEx.

Easy enough.

Not available.

What other advice do I have?

With IT support and global company licenses, it is easy to use.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partnership with Cisco.
Virtualization and Data Center Business Development Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
You can easily collaborate with your work colleagues even with your mobile phone.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We send news about our products through Cisco Spark and the people included in the room can ask questions about them.

What needs improvement?

The phone calling option.

1 year.

Very good

Very good

It was straightforward

We implemented an in-house one

We haven't calculate it

Be aware what is free and what needs an enterprise license.

No. We were sure to deploy Cisco Spark

What other advice do I have?

CIO at a tech services company
The mobile interface, registration, and team creation and collaboration features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Simple, yet powerful!

Excellent mobile interface (Android user here). Everything from
registration to team creation and collaboration feels smooth and
seamless!

How has it helped my organization?

Great collaboration tools included!

What needs improvement?

Instant messaging, video conferencing, document sharing... collaboration!

I'm new to the product.

I have not encountered any deployment issues.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is excellent!

N/A

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was a breeze.

An in-house team implemented it.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

Senior Network Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It enables scheduling of the audio bridge with random conference codes.

What is most valuable?

WebEx Integration to Outlook helps our users to schedule audio conference meetings with a push of a button. It is easy to use. This product enables scheduling of the audio bridge with random conference codes.

How has it helped my organization?

I don’t have an example to share. This is basically a cost avoidance solution at this time. In the future it may change the way the organization functions which we support, as soon as they drive more adoption of video and web collaboration available with CWMS.

What needs improvement?

CWMS on-premises solution does not integrate either with CMR nor with Jabber as of yet. There is no video integration with other Cisco endpoints such as DX80, DX650, or the new Cisco IP Phones 8845 or 8865 video phones. These are the areas where it could improve.

I have used this solution for more than 18 months.

There is an issue with MR2 that was fixed with a special hot fix or MR3. If you host or join an audio bridge only by phone, the meeting never ends. However, after reaching two concurrent meetings, you are not able to start a new meeting.

The CWMS large deployment is limited to 2,000 concurrent participants. There is no way to increase this limit by using the same website. A new website name and additional resources are required in order to expand; this is not easy to support.

I would give the technical support a 8/10 rating.

They started using MeetingPlace and followed the path to upgrade to WebEx on-premises as Cisco acquired MeetingPlace.

The setup was quite straightforward.

It all depends on what your needs are. Employ this solution for only the US audio conference when you already have Cisco Workspace Licensing, then it makes sense. I don’t know what TCO would be if you need this for the international audio conference and if you don’t have the Cisco IP telephone or if you are using the Cisco user licensing.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Take into consideration your user needs, what user experience you want to deliver, and of course how this solution will play with your existing unified or non-communications ecosystem.

Solution Manager - Pre Sales - West Europe at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Enables virtual meeting rooms, desktop sharing, and whiteboards.

What is most valuable?

• Virtual meeting rooms
  • Video/Voice capabilities
  • Desktop sharing and whiteboards

How has it helped my organization?

• Increased productivity
  • Ability to have meetings on-the-fly, without any scheduling
  • Resources are always available

What needs improvement?

I would like to see integration with legacy video endpoints.

I have used it for 18 months.

I did not encounter any stability issues.

I did not have any scalability issues. My requirement is a maximum of ten end points connected.

I would give technical support a rating of 9/10.

We previously used free solutions such as Skype or Google Hangouts.

The initial setup was simple.

We evaluated Videxio, Pexip, and Google Hangouts.

What other advice do I have?

It is easy to implement. Go for WebEx cloud services.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're both a customer & partner as a systems integrator,
Customer and Market Insights Manager at a tech company with 201-500 employees
This gives me easy, reliable sharing of content to remote employees.

What is most valuable?

I really value WebEx’s sharing of applications.

How has it helped my organization?

WebEx enables remote employees to participate in training sessions and other meetings.

What needs improvement?

Recordings are slow to start, sometimes fail, and are difficult to edit.

I have used it for over 10 years.

I did not ecnounter any stability issues.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

User setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

WebEx’s sharing of an application or the desktop enables me to give a presentation or a demo to remote colleagues, customers and prospects. Other services such as email, audio conferencing and twitter are very useful for communicating in other important ways, WebEx is the corporate gold standard for what it does best, that is easy, reliable sharing of content on my screen to one or several hundred people in real time.

Marketing Campaign Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
I used it for Team collaboration and Webinars.

What is most valuable?

- Team collaboration

- Webinars

How has it helped my organization?

- Relieved some bandwidth

- Freed up budget

What needs improvement?

- Customer Service/Support

- UX

- 3 years

- No, pretty easy

- Poor

- Average

- Switched from WebEx to another provider

- Straightforward

- In-house

- Annual contracts can be rough

What other advice do I have?

- This is the best everyone knows about, but there are plenty other players.

Owner at Webinar Success
WebEx Reporting Insanity

I just finished one month of repeated emails, phone calls, and online test sessions with Cisco WebEx tech support. We found the answer to the problem I originally reported to them and in an attempt to save others the same frustration I thought I would write it up in this post.

The symptom I observed was that the In-Event Activity Report for one of my WebEx Event Center webinars contained columns showing results for some of the polls we had run, but others were missing.

It turns out that this was because WEBEX ONLY CAPTURES IN-EVENT ACTIVITY INFORMATION WHILE THE RECORDER IS RUNNING.

My first two polls were just audience demographics, asked while giving the live audience their instructions about using the conferencing software. I don't record that, because viewers of the archive have no reason to care and they can't participate. I start the recording after giving instructions and before introducing the content. Turns out this is a very bad idea if you want a report.

If you look hard enough, you can find a WebEx Knowledge Base Article (WBX45170) that tells you "In-Event Activity Reports are only available for events recorded on the server (Network-Based Recording)." But it never mentions the fact that information is only captured while the recorder is on.

I can't think of any way to describe this other than product design insanity. Reports are vital records of what happened during a web session. They should be… must be… divorced from any decisions I make about whether I want to make an archive recording, what portions of the event I elect to record, and whether I store the recording on disk or the network server.

The In-Event Activity Report is very important in WebEx, because it offers the only combined, integrated record of attendee interactions. The only other way to see their chat messages, Q&A questions, or poll responses is to manually save multiple distinct files before you close your meeting session. And all three of those interaction reports are in significantly different formats. Hell, they don't even go to the same default directory on your hard drive.

I expect more from the market share leader in the world of web events. WebEx has a massive customer base, a long product history, and plenty of real world usage experience. We should not have to put up with substandard reporting of our critical event data.

PatrickCiPaaS - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager at SnapLogic
Leaderboard
This product from Cisco definitely rocks No wonder they're a market leader on many network products.

Valuable Features:

One-click meetings have been the most useful feature once you get used to hosting meetings. You can preconfigure all the settings and litterally click once to start a WebEx.

Room for Improvement:

As conferencing software goes from a user perspective, it's difficult to come up with something. The only thing that seems a bit cumbersome is when you're on a machine without the right environment and the app takes awhile start.

Other Advice:

WebEx allows both host and participants to engage in an online class, conference, training session, or support case with ease.
PatrickCiPaaS - PeerSpot reviewer
PatrickCiPaaSSenior Technical Product Marketing Manager at SnapLogic
LeaderboardReal User

Thanks for adding your comments Alin Radu! You've highlighted more nice features.

it_user1206 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
WebEx is the best option for Web Conferencing. The software can be annoying at times, but it's worth the cost.

Valuable Features:

The actual software product works fairly well. As a general web conferencing product, this does the trick. The screen sharing, whiteboard, and polls are the features that I use most regularly, and I don't think that I could live without them during presentations. The quality of the presentations is very high and the presentations themselves can be archived for future viewing.

Room for Improvement:

It's definitely not easy to learn or to teach. While the multitudes of functions are key selling points, the company didn't offer us any form of training for future employees, so it was up to us to train each other. Their customer service was also fairly sub-par as far as what I am used to. The only other major complaint that I have is that I have never hosted nor joined a webex, where no one had a problem downloading the necessary software or understanding how to connect. I think a few simple updates to their user experience could fix this.

Other Advice:

Webex is THE web meeting/conferencing service and in general will get the job done. Having a sales service that doesn't need to travel to present every single pitch can save money for nearly every sized organization. We truly believe that the first few WebEx meetings usually lead to an in-face meeting to sign up a new client.
it_user1011 - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager of Data Center at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Very Good for HD Video conferencing

Valuable Features:

1. With WebEx, the presenter can show the audience what is on his screen. Files are shared in real time. 2. Audience interactive participation is encouraged and controlled. 3. It identifies who is speaking. 4. It is secure - supports SSL encryption.

Room for Improvement:

1. Video conferencing is not as fast as expected. 2. I don’t think WebEx can support more than 1000 participants.WebEx is one of the leading online conference tools. It is a collaborative tool that combines video, data and voice. It bridges the gap between physical locations. We have multiple branches and we have found that bringing people together becomes almost impossible. Thiat is the major reason why we decided to use WebEx. WebEx supports both computers and mobile phones. This means both computer (PCs, tablets, Macs) users and mobile phone users can easily participate in the conference. It also has free applications for ipad and iPhones. One thing we enjoyed most was the toll-free facility. You can easily share the desktop screen or files. Presenters can show his audience what is on his screen. Changing of conference host is quite easy.

Other Advice:

WebEx is relatively cheap and cost effective. With $49 per month, 25 people can conveniently enjoy the services. This price cannot be compared to the cost of bringing 25 people together in a physical location
it_user4401 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user4401Developer at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees

You outlined perfectly some pros and cons that WebEx has. I would like to add features that helped me when using WebEx at my workplace.
Since it is software as a service, the user only needs to subscribe to the service and have Internet access and he is ready to go. With WebEx, no download is necessary, and the audience does not need to be a subscriber to watch and listen. One of the distinct pro of WebEx is that it successfully combines the online viewing portion with the ability to teleconference easily and be connected to the webinar via the access code. This lets the presenters know who is actually there during the presentation, without need for a time consuming roll call.
More features from WebEx include the ability to easily share documents, presentations, or applications. With a simple click, the user can allow someone else on the other side of the world the opportunity to present, either with their computer, or by taking remote control of his computer. Another pro of web conferencing with WebEx is the ability to access a recording of the meeting. Also, WebEx is fully scalable.