We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Donny Gunawan
General Manager at Smartfren
User-friendly and is easier to integrate than other solutions
  • "I would absolutely recommend VeloCloud because it's user-friendly and because the integration is easier than with other solutions."
  • "I would like for them to upgrade to 5G integration. Our customers have 4G now and the connectivity isn't good. It should be much faster."

What is our primary use case?

I use VeloCloud for software for reports SD-WAN solutions and WAN connectivity.

What needs improvement?

They should help our customers reduce the cost of the implementation from a local user cloud to the user using a standard cloud. They should improve the time and the cost of the implementation.

I have been using VeloCloud for ten years.

The stability depends on the network connectivity. If the Internet connection isn't stale, it will affect it.

We contact our partners to get local support.

The initial setup was very simple. It's user-friendly. It only takes a few hours, not days, to deploy for somebody who is experienced. We use it on a daily basis.

We used a system integrator for the deployment. From the second year onwards, the maintenance is done by our local partners.

There are up to 100 users.

It's not cheap but it's affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate VeloCloud a nine out of ten.

Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    A comprehensive dashboard that is easy to use, but the security should be enhanced
    • "They make use of a combination of different internet lines, which improves quality."
    • "There is room for improvement with respect to security."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant with a solution provider and this is one of the products that we advise our clients on. We do not implement solutions as part of our offering.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is very comprehensive, where you can see all of the sites with a map. You can click through using the map, which is easy to do.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement with respect to security.

The price of this solution should be lower.

I have been working with VeloCloud for about two years.

I think that it is a stable product.

It is a scalable system, similar to other SD-WAN solutions.

Our customers are typically multinational, on the bigger side.

As consultants, we have worked with several vendors simultaneously. We are independent and we do not propose a particular technology. Rather, we conduct and exercise with our clients and determine the best vendor based on that.

I have not completed the setup myself, but my understanding is that it is okay.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product but there is always room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about VMware SD-WAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Network Offering Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Effective dynamic multi-point protocol, exceptional technical support, straightforward deployment

What is our primary use case?

We use VMware SD-WAN for network security.

What is most valuable?

I have found the dynamic multipoint protocol(DNPO) most useful because it can tell you which is the best circuit to use for different types of traffic.

What needs improvement?

The security of the firewall should be improved. It would be a good idea to have a standalone product with better security. In an upcoming release, they should have firewall rules.

I have been using VMware SD-WAN for approximately three years.

The solution was stable.

VMware SD-WAN is highly scalable. We have approximately 600 users using this…

What is our primary use case?

We use VMware SD-WAN for network security.

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, they should have firewall rules.

I have been using VMware SD-WAN for approximately three years.

The solution was stable.

VMware SD-WAN is highly scalable.

We have approximately 600 users using this solution in my organization.

The technical support is exceptional. I would give them an A+.

We were previously using Cisco Meraki.

The deployment was straightforward and took a couple of months to complete.

We have approximately six engineers that support VMware SD-WAN.

There is only a standard fee for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate VMware SD-WAN a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    IT Information Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Proactively detects potential issues; excellent for enterprise size companies

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is in companies that have multiple office locations, say a minimum of 10. They are connected to the internet using line or broadband internet connectivity. There can be a lot of fluctuations and connectivity issues so bandwidth is our current focus. VeloCloud is a software layer which helps customers manage the connectivity in the console. In the event that there is any downtime coming up into the secondary line of the bandwidth, the language will be correct. The solution proactively detects where the problem could happen or could arise. Users who are using the applications would not even know whether there was a downtime.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved if the reports were modified making…

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved if the reports were modified making them easier to use and easier to understand from the customer's point of view. Also, from a cost perspectives, although ValorCloud is the number one product in its field in Gartner's Magic Quadrant, it's very expensive for the Indian market.

I've been working with this solution for about 18 months.

No problem with technical support.

Deployment is okay and not a major issue. It requires engineering capacity and depends on the customer environment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

Telecommunicatios and Electronics Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Good security endpoints that include VeloCloud, it is stable, and has good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to virtualize the data centers. If you don't want to have a lot of servers in your data center, you can virtualize it with VMware.  The networking virtualization can be done with NSX. Every switch and every firewall can be virtualized.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the security endpoints and the VeloCloud. Some of the best features are the SD-WAN platform for VMware and the NSX network virtualization.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified for beginners.

I have used VMware SD-WAN in the last 12 months.

The stability is good.

What do I think about the scalability

What is our primary use case?

The networking virtualization can be done with NSX.

Every switch and every firewall can be virtualized.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified for beginners.

I have used VMware SD-WAN in the last 12 months.

The stability is good.

We have 30 users in our company who are using this solution.

Technical support is good.

The initial setup was complex at first, but it gets easier.

We used a consultant to help us with the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate VMware SD-WAN a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Network Infrastructure Security Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Good load balancing features and it scales well

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use VeloCloud for SD-WAN.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is load balancing.

What needs improvement?

The cost of VeloCloud could be lowered.

I have been working with VeloCloud for about two years.

We have had no issues in terms of stability.

We are satisfied with the scalability. We have approximately 100 branches and we plan to increase usage in the future.

There are few vendors who offer support in our country. However, if we need support then we can get it directly from VMware.

Which solution did I use

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use VeloCloud for SD-WAN.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is load balancing.

What needs improvement?

The cost of VeloCloud could be lowered.

I have been working with VeloCloud for about two years.

We have had no issues in terms of stability.

I have also worked with Citrix SD-WAN and they are both good products.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

At this time, I feel that just about everything is there in the product and it supports the requirements. My only complaint is about the pricing. Citrix is another good product but I recommend VeloCloud.

Partner at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
    Straightforward to set up and the support is good, but service providers should be enabled to have global visibility

What is our primary use case?

My company works with a wide range of SD-WAN services to bring such solutions to clients. The use cases depend, as they vary from client to client. One of them is application prioritization, and cost always comes into play when replacing a traditional MPLS network.

What needs improvement?

Some of the service providers that use VeloCloud as their SD-WAN should be enabled to have better global visibility.

We have been working with VMware SD-WAN over the past 12 months.

I have been in contact with technical support and they have been good.

Some of the products that we work with or have experience with…

What needs improvement?

We have been working with VMware SD-WAN over the past 12 months.

I have been in contact with technical support and they have been good.

Some of the products that we work with or have experience with are Cisco SD-WAN, Silver Peak, and VMware's VeloCloud.

In my experience, the setup process has been fairly straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Other
    Principal Network Engineer at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
    MSP
    Stable, but could use more automation and integration

What is our primary use case?

I have deployed this solution, but just for a proof of concept. This solution is cloud-based.

What needs improvement?

VMware SD-WAN could be improved with more automation and more integration, but each vendor could use these improvements.

I have been working with VMware SD-WAN for a few months.

This solution is as stable as most firewalls. VMware is a reputable vendor.

I have never contacted VMware's technical support.

The installation is a straightforward process. You don't need very many people on your tech team.

I implemented this…

What needs improvement?

I have been working with VMware SD-WAN for a few months.

This solution is as stable as most firewalls. VMware is a reputable vendor.

I have never contacted VMware's technical support.

I implemented this solution myself.

You need to pay for a license to use this product.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a six out of ten. I would recommend this solution to others who are considering implementation and I have about 10 customers who are using this solution.

Download our free VMware SD-WAN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.