We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

VMware Horizon Air OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

VMware Horizon Air is #11 ranked solution in top Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) tools. PeerSpot users give VMware Horizon Air an average rating of 8 out of 10. VMware Horizon Air is most commonly compared to VMware Horizon View: VMware Horizon Air vs VMware Horizon View.
What is VMware Horizon Air?
VMware Horizon Air simplifies the delivery of Windows desktops and applications as a cloud service. IT can save time and money, without sacrificing enterprise requirements for security and control. End users are more productive, with a complete workspace they can access from any device, anywhere.

Download the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

VMware Horizon Air Customers
Wildlands Adventure Zoo, Medic Mobile, IBM, Seventy Seven Energy, Baystate Health, Osis, Oxford University, Columbia University, Siemens, Cardinal Health, Ashdod Port, Vasakronan, Sydney Adventist Hospital, University of Derby
VMware Horizon Air Video

VMware Horizon Air Reviews

Mamadou Lamine Sarr
Datacenter Infrastructure Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy deployment with good performance and can scale well
  • "The solution has proven to be very stable."
  • "It's a costly product. It would help if they could offer it at a discount."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our client, a university. We use it in the lab for the students.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to deploy. It's got a straightforward implementation that isn't hard to execute.

The product offers very good performance.

We're able to use HTML for the web connection, which is quite helpful.

The solution has proven to be very stable.

We find the solution is rather scalable.

What needs improvement?

It would be very helpful if we could integrate it directly into the database.

It's a costly product. It would help if they could offer it at a discount.

It would be ideal if the solution could enhance the user interface and make a modern dashboard.

I've been using the solution for just one year. Previously, we used Horizon 7. I haven't been using this solution for very long.

The solution is stable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches that affect its performance. It doesn't crash or freeze at all. It's pretty reliable.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it should be able to do so without issue.

Technical support for this solution is very good. They are knowledgeable and responsive. We're pretty happy with them so far and have been satisfied with the level of service we receive.

The solution is not too complex to set up. We found the implementation fairly easy.

The solution is quite expansive.

What other advice do I have?

We're a VMware partner.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten. It's quite good, however, it's also quite expensive.

General Manager Sales at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Great for providing dedicated resources for dedicated users
  • "The solution is good for providing dedicated resources for dedicated users."
  • "We have experienced some connectivity issues."

What is our primary use case?

We are using complements of Horizon solutions for our customers. I'm the general manager of sales.

What is most valuable?

We are using two VDA solutions, providing dedicated tech for end-users in our company. The solution is good for providing dedicated resources for dedicated users or GPU base or any IFP kind of base of end-user then we recommend Horizon solutions.

What needs improvement?

We have experienced some connectivity issues in that the application in VMware is very slow compared to SecureX. I'd like to see better application delivery.

This is a very stable product.

This is a scalable product.

In terms of VMware products, customer support could be better.

If you do the right sizing and take the right approach the initial setup is easy but if something is amiss then it's very complicated.

The initial pricing is very reasonable but their pricing model is variable and the pricing can be high or low.

What other advice do I have?

If a customer requires a true solution then I would say VMware is the right choice. But if you're looking for application video or ADSX kind of solutions, then GFX is better.

I rate the solution nine out of 10.