TeamViewer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TeamViewer is the #1 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools and top Remote Access tools. PeerSpot users give TeamViewer an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. TeamViewer is most commonly compared to TeamViewer Tensor: TeamViewer vs TeamViewer Tensor. TeamViewer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 53% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.
TeamViewer Buyer's Guide

Download the TeamViewer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is TeamViewer?

TeamViewer lets you connect to any PC or server around the world within a few seconds. Remote control a partners PC as if you were sitting in front of it. Available in over 30 languages, TeamViewer is one of the world's most popular providers of remote control and online meeting software. airbackup, a powerful cloud-based backup solution, and ITbrain, a valuable remote monitoring and IT asset tracking solution, complement TeamViewer's product portfolio.

TeamViewer Customers

Porsche Informatik, Philips, DHL, Intel, Motorola, Microsoft, IBM, Siemens, Fujitsu, American Red Cross

TeamViewer Video

TeamViewer Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TeamViewer pricing:
  • "I used the free version of TeamViewer."
  • "The price of the license could be less expensive."
  • TeamViewer Reviews

Devanand PR - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Support Executive at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
    Very helpful for tech support with good stability and scalability
    • "The product is quite stable. The performance is good."
    • "They should release features such as Augmented Reality into both plain and standard versions of TeamViewer."

What is our primary use case?

TeamViewer is for desktop support. It's for giving remote support to users. If I was a member of tech support, for example, I could access your desktop remotely to see your screen, keyboard and mouse. I'd be able to access it from anywhere in the world and I can control it just as if I was sitting in front of your system.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows for remote tech support that has the capability for us to see a user's screens. We can do this from anywhere in the world. We don't need to be in the room with a user to help them.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a very helpful tech support application. If you need help, the tech support can use the application to help you right on your desktop.

They have these options of TeamViewer such as Augmented Reality so that you can draw on it and you can ease somebody into a process, or assist somebody in doing some actions. They can also integrate that into the Pilot TeamViewer. Right now, they use it as a separate thing. They originally introduced it under Microsoft Hello and it should be integrated into the TeamViewer Pilot version soon.

The product is quite stable. The performance is good.

We've found that the scalability is excellent.

What needs improvement?

They should release features such as Augmented Reality into both plain and standard versions of TeamViewer. Nowadays, you have to wait for another release, or another product version while Augmented Reality features should just be integrated into the standard version of TeamViewer.

The product could be less expensive. There are many similar products that are free these days.

TeamViewer
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about TeamViewer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for well over ten years. It's been more than a decade. I have a lot of experience with it.

The solution has very good stability. The performance and reliability are very high. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability of the solution is very good. A company shouldn't have any issues with scaling.

Just the administrators, like myself, have access to the solution. Everybody else gets support through the product via us.

We do plan to continue to use the service.

We've never actually reached out the technical support. I can't speak to their level of helpfulness or responsiveness when it comes to troubleshooting issues.

I have previously used TightVNC and UltraVNC. UltraVNC was one of my favorites. Most of the free open-source products are quite good.

The installation process is pretty plain and simple. It's not complex at all. A company shouldn't have any issues with the implementation.

It's simple software to install. There is no cloud or anything. The ID is maintained by the cloud, however. When we install the product, it also creates a unique ID. That unique ID is maintained in the cloud maybe, however, we don't do anything with that as they maintain it. The ID is unique to your system.

There is tech support application as well which is just small and easy. You just need to download it and it works for the one time whenever you want it.

There isn't a need for dedicated maintenance. It's pretty simple to use.

There is a subscription option for licensing the product.

The price could always be a bit less.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution at this time.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would rate the solution at an eight. We've been very happy with the solution over a number of years. It's always been helpful.

I would recommend the solution, however, I'd be happier with the product overall if they could lower their prices.

IT Supervisor at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
    Great for resolving issues remotely; very user friendly
    • "TeamViewer is a step ahead of solutions like, for example, AnyDesk."
    • "One thing I have noticed is that TeamViewer does not work so well when the machine you are trying to connect to remotely is not running the same version as your machine."

What is our primary use case?

I use TeamViewer for remote desktop support to resolve issues and queries. For example, when I, in Johannesburg, get a ticket from somebody in Cape Town, I will use TeamViewer to connect to their computer remotely.

What is most valuable?

I think TeamViewer's most valuable feature is that it is user friendly. Creating passwords is easy and so is security.

TeamViewer is a step ahead of solutions like, for example, AnyDesk. With AnyDesk, when you connect, if you didn't configure it to connect with your own password, you actually have to wait for somebody to accept your connection. With TeamViewer, you don't have to do that. As long as you've got your user ID as well as password, then you can just connect any time.

What needs improvement?

One thing I have noticed is that TeamViewer does not work so well when the machine you are trying to connect to remotely is not running the same version as your machine. It would also be great to be able to share a screen using TeamViewer like you would with Skype for Business.

I started using TeamViewer in 2014, so I have been using it for almost seven years.

TeamViewer is a very good product to use. The cost is not that high and there is a free version you can test out. If you are still new in the business, then you can use the free version indefinitely. If you are happy with it, then obviously you can update.

I would say it is easy to scale. At my company, I am the only one using it at the moment because I deal with the IT stuff. When I was working for an IT company, the whole department used TeamViewer to connect remotely to our client's machines.

I'm currently using TeamViewer on a daily basis but I never had issues with TeamViewer. Since I'm a senior level IT professional, when there is a problem with TeamViewer in my company, my colleagues usually escalate it to me.

Also, we acquired TeamViewer from a third-party, so we do not have direct access to TeamViewer's technical support.

The initial setup was simple for me because I am used to configuring much more complicated stuff. But, even someone who is not in IT can still use it.

I deployed the solution myself in less than 30 minutes. However, how difficult a deployment is depends on how many PCs it has to be installed on. Obviously if it's 10, then it's going to take longer, but if it's one PC, then it can be done in less than 15 minutes.

It does require some maintenance when it comes to updates and making sure all your machines are running the same version.

I think the price is reasonable. When a company develops software, they are creating a product. The purpose is to help people and also to make money. With this in mind, TeamViewer has a good price because you can still use it well without running into any issues.

You can get a trial version but you cannot use it for free forever. If you are using the free version, you will have some limitations.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I can give to users looking into this product is, do not buy a license at first. Start with a free trial. However, you will need a license to access some advanced features.

TeamViewer
    November 2022
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Alexandru Volosencu - PeerSpot reviewer
    Software Test Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Good user interface, simple installation, and has a free version available
    • "From my perspective, the most important is the login."
    • "I would like to see something like a TeamViewer mobile application for iOS or possibly Android. I think this would be fantastic given how technology is evolving today. It would be beneficial to use it with your smartphone."

What is our primary use case?

Most of the time, I use TeamViewer. There was some remote work to be done at the time.

We use TeamViewer for remote access. The login uses a key to gain remote control of someone else's desktop.

What is most valuable?

From my perspective, the most important is the login. That's the most important because you need that key, and everything else.

In my opinion, the user interface is good.

What needs improvement?

When the application is minimized I often close it in error.

When the application is minimized, I frequently close it by accident, but I'm not sure why; perhaps there is a way to improve the stability of TeamViewer with the minimize or close or not to close it accidentally, and then you must reconnect, and so on.

Unfortunately, I don't know what additional features I would like to see included right now. I only use the main functionality, and it's fine for me the way it is now. I can't think of any new features right now.

I would like to see something like a TeamViewer mobile application for iOS or possibly Android. I think this would be fantastic given how technology is evolving today. It would be beneficial to use it with your smartphone.

I have been working with TeamViewer for a couple of years. I still use it when it is needed.

There are some issues with the stability of TeamViewer.

I would rate the stability a seven out of ten.

TeamViewer is easy to scale. It is a scalable solution.

We have two or three users in my department.

I have not contacted technical support.

I stopped using SmartBear, and TestComplete Mobile a year ago. That was a requirement at the company where I now work. I am currently assigned to another project and don't use TestComplete.

I am familiar with GitLab, but with limited experience. I don't have much experience with GitLab. I last worked with GitLab six months ago.

I am currently using some companies in specific test tools. We are developing some test tools at the company where I work, and this was one of them. In the past, I used Selenium mostly for web applications and some other dedicated desktop test tools, but that was also in the past.

I worked with SeleniumHQ a few years ago. Now I only work with dedicated test tools.

In this company, I only wrote a few JavaScript tests.

I have used a virtual machine in the past, but that is different from TeamViewer. I don't recall using another solution before TeamViewer.

From my perspective, the setup is simple enough. It is not complex.

I used the free version of TeamViewer.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate TeamViewer an eight out of ten.

Kotayba Bouzian - PeerSpot reviewer
    Founder, VP at Digital Age Blog
    Good performance and great quality with an easy user experience
    • "The quality of the call and the quality of the sharing have been excellent."
    • "I have noticed that when I access another person's computer, sometimes the tab is visible, and sometimes it is not, which can be difficult."

What is our primary use case?

We are a digital marketing agency. If we need access to something in the Business Manager or in a Google Ad account, we can guide the client to do it, or we can control the screen from where we are to create something on the Business Manager or to edit something.

How has it helped my organization?

We are in Istanbul and Istanbul is a very big city. I save time since I no longer have to go to the client's office and edit items by myself. We can do it remotely via TeamViewer to save time.

What is most valuable?

The quality of the call and the quality of the sharing have been excellent.

I love that I can control the other user's computer to find what I need or to assist them.

The deployment is simple.

It is scalable.

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

There is nothing that really needs improvement.

I have noticed that when I access another person's computer, sometimes the tab is visible, and sometimes it is not, which can be difficult. It's a little glitch.

I've used the solution for five or six years now. It's been a while.

I have noticed some little glitches. That said, for the most part, it is stable. The performance is good.

Also, sometimes it won't run smoothly the first time, however, the second time it will.

The solution can scale well.

We are a team of 11, however, only four to five of us use the solution. It's used occasionally, not extensively.

I've never been in touch with technical support.

We also use Microsoft Teams and Zoom, however, we use these for different purposes.

We also use AnyDesk. I find TeamViewer easier and more user-friendly. The features are mostly the same on both.

In general, we mostly work with Zoom, unless we have to control the client's computer.

The solution is very simple to implement. In ten minutes I can have everything up and running.

In terms of ease of setup, I would rate it four out of five.

I handled the initial setup by myself.

I do not handle the licensing aspect of the solution. My understanding is the pricing is reasonable. Everything is included in the price. There are no add-ons.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

I would recommend the solution to others to use. I'd rate it nine out of ten.

VamsiKrishna2 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Software Trainee at Eidiko
    Easy to set up, simple to learn, and has a free version
    • "The solution is scalable."
    • "The product can sometimes crash."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote access. We have been using TeamViewer for gaining access to the other systems.

TeamViewer can be used for gaining access to another system. By having the remote ID of their system we can completely access their system from TeamViewer. Mostly we have been using it for that purpose only.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to check other solutions.

It's very easy to learn how to use it, including the process and everything about it.

The solution is scalable.

It's a straightforward setup.

What needs improvement?

The product can sometimes crash. The stability could be better.

Technical support could be improved.

I've been using the solution for a year or two.

The solution is mostly stable, although it sometimes crashes.

I'd rate the scalability at a seven out of ten. Sometimes I have faced issues with adapting, to gaining a new acquisition. I haven't been using the latest version, so it might be improved. Also, it is now cloud-based. It may have grown in scalability.

We have 20 to 25 users on the solution.

We've used technical support once or twice. I have faced issues with the TeamViewer application. I have tried contacting the technical support, however, on the first attempt, I didn't get any response so I had to call and call them again. They said that there have been some errors going on with their server and they were affected at that time. They have increased rates. For most users, it means, hopefully, that they have to get more technical support. Their support team might also be increased.

We have some people who are using AnyDesk. Most of the people in our company are using this. It's likely 100 to 150 people. TeamViewer gave us issues, which is why we switched to AnyDesk.

The product is really straightforward and completely easy to implement.

It took roughly two months to set up and deploy.

We have 14 engineers, however, we only need maybe three for deployment and maintenance.

We were able to handle the initial setup ourselves.

I am using the free version only. I've never had to buy their license.

What other advice do I have?

I haven't updated it to the latest version.

Without having tried the latest version, I wouldn't recommend their solution completely. However, it is good. If on the current version it is still good to use, then I would recommend it completely to the others. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Unemployed
    Feature-rich, stable, and good support, but not a collaborative tool and requires a client to be installed for remote support
    • "It is fairly feature-rich and stable."
    • "I didn't like the fact that you had to install a client for remote support. If you didn't install the client, you were very limited in terms of what you could do. For a whole enterprise, it is just not an easy task to install a client on everything. Even if you're using SCCM, it is an undertaking. For transient clients that you don't necessarily support a hundred percent of the time, it would be nice to be able to connect to them and support their issues without having to install something on their machines. In my previous company, we were looking at this solution as being a collaborative tool for the enterprise in terms of video conferencing, calling, and scheduling. They were working on bringing a bunch of products together to make their suite a little more integrated, but it really wasn't at the point where we wanted it to be in terms of integration. We looked at it, reviewed it, and tested it out a bit. We then decided to go with Microsoft Teams. It has the clunkiness of having separate modules that aren't totally integrated. There are different methods for doing different things, which makes it a little bit more complicated. There should be the same way whether you are doing remote support or just calls."

What is our primary use case?

It is generally used for remote control for remote support.

What is most valuable?

It is fairly feature-rich and stable.

What needs improvement?

In my previous company, we were looking at this solution as being a collaborative tool for the enterprise in terms of video conferencing, calling, and scheduling. They were working on bringing a bunch of products together to make their suite a little more integrated, but it really wasn't at the point where we wanted it to be in terms of integration. We looked at it, reviewed it, and tested it out a bit. We then decided to go with Microsoft Teams.

It has the clunkiness of having separate modules that aren't totally integrated. There are different methods for doing different things, which makes it a little bit more complicated. There should be the same way whether you are doing remote support or just calls.

I have used it on and off for a number of years.

It has always been really stable.

I believe it is scalable, but the caveat is installing the client.

In one of the organizations, we used it for a health system, and we were supporting 16 hospitals. More recently, I used it in a small engineering architecture firm, and we supported a couple of hundred people through six different offices.

Their tech support is really good. They were always very helpful. I would give them a ten out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

If you're going to go with TeamViewer, I would recommend going all-in on their suite of tools instead of trying to do a hybrid model because you always get into trouble with hybrid models for collaboration tools. I believe that integration is the key. The fewer tools you have out there, the less you have to support. Your infrastructure is also less complicated.

I would rate TeamViewer a seven out of ten.

Managing Director with 51-200 employees
    Simple implementation, free version available, and effective monitoring
    • "The solution is a very good tool for monitoring and for remote access. Anyone is able to use it, it is simple to use."

What is our primary use case?

We use TeamViewer for remote access and it can be used for meetings.

What is most valuable?

I have been using TeamViewer for approximately three years.

TeamViewer is stable and this is why many people use it.

I have not used technical support.

The initial setup for the personal version is easy. I do not have experience with the enterprise version. It most likely will be very easy too. You only need to set it up on your system and there's no need for integration. However, if you have to implement the enterprise version, I think you would need an integrator to be able to complete it.

We did the implementation ourselves.

There is a free version that has limitations, such as the time of the session with be terminated after a set timeframe. If you buy the license, it's a very good tool for monitoring and for remote access. There are a number of functions you can do with it. When you have virtual teams and they are across remote areas, it provides a means of collaboration. That's why it is very good.

There are many other options available, such as PCAnywhere. Many of the larger and multinational companies deploy these types of solutions.

The price of the license could be less expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using the full version of the solution. Other companies use it for the management of all the application deployments. If my organization gets larger then we hopefully will have the full version. It is a good tool.

I recommend TeamViewer to a lot of people. Sometimes if I have to do a job for someone and it's remote, I ask the customer if they have TeamViewer or PCAnywhere. If they do not have one of them I ask them to download it and they will use the trial version. I then can help them with the problem they are facing. As time goes on, people will start to realize the fact that they need to make it official for them to earn a lot of revenue from it.

I rate TeamViewer a nine out of ten.

Stavros Tsakmakas - PeerSpot reviewer
      Junior Middle Office Officer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
      Simple to implement, great for remote IT services, and can expand easily
      • "The implementation process is simple."
      • "It's pretty limited on the options they have."

What is our primary use case?

Basically, the solution is being used in order for the IT department to assist me in any problem I have with my computer. It’s for them to have remote access.

What is most valuable?

It doesn't take any effort for me to fix something that I can’t. I can just call IT and they can just connect and take over the control of my computer and fix it for me, and that’s it.

The implementation process is simple.

What needs improvement?

It's pretty limited on the options they have. I'm pretty sure they can expand the program a bit and have some more options.

If they, for example, access your computer, I’d like them to be able to diagnose and find any other issues on the computer when they are on there for something else.

The connection and reconnection sometimes lag and can cause problems. They need to look into that. If they can work on the pause button to make it easier to start and stop without lagging, it would be ideal.

I’ve been using the solution for approximately two years.

When we actually pause the connection for a little bit, then we have some problems reconnecting or taking control again. The stability is a bit of an issue.

The scalability has been okay. We haven’t seen any issues there.

We have 200 people using the solution right now.

I’ve never dealt with technical support in the past. I can’t speak to how they would be if someone needs help.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It’s not overly complex or difficult.

The solution may be free to use. However, I’m not 100% sure on this.

What other advice do I have?

I am a customer and end-user.

I’m not 100% sure which version of the solution we’re on.

The solution is mostly on-premises. However, we do use it on the cloud as well.

I’d advise users to go for it and try it out. It saves time for IT, allowing them to remote in from wherever they are. They don’t have to come to you. It makes troubleshooting simple.

I would rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Download our free TeamViewer Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
      Updated: November 2022