We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Team leader Modern Workplace, Senior Solution Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Antivirus and ransomware protection that is dependable and can be installed in less than a day
  • "Ransomware protection is the most valuable feature of this solution."
  • "I would like to see better support for virtual and desktop infrastructures."

What is our primary use case?

We are solution providers.

Sophos Intercept X is used as an endpoint antivirus solution and ransomware protection.

What is most valuable?

Ransomware protection is the most valuable feature of this solution.

I am totally satisfied with this product.

What needs improvement?

It could be updated less frequently.

I would like to see better support for virtual and desktop infrastructures.

I have been working with Sophos Intercept X for five or six years.

For the most part, Sophos Intercept X is a stable solution.

Sophos Intercept X is absolutely scalable.

In our company, we have 60 users.

The support needs improvement.

Previously, we used Sophos Endpoint Protection.

We decommissioned Sophos Endpoint three years ago.

The installation is straightforward. It can be done in five minutes.

We need one engineer to deploy and maintain this solution.

Every user can install this solution themselves.

Licensing fees are paid monthly.

In addition to the licensing fees, there are no added expenses.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering it.

I would suggest that they manage and test the exceptions for different cases.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

Manager at a real estate/law firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The setup was simple, the EDR could be improved, and perhaps the user interface.

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for software protection.

What is most valuable?

It's quite simple to use and user friendly.

What needs improvement?

The EDR could be improved, and perhaps the User Interface. EDR machine learning could be included.

We have been using Sophos Intercept X for about two years. It is the latest cloud version. We have about 200 people using it, daily. We are a Sophos customer.

It is a stable product.

It is reasonable scalable. So, somewhere in the middle in terms of scalability.

We have not needed to use support so far.

Which

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for software protection.

What is most valuable?

It's quite simple to use and user friendly.

It is a stable product.

It is reasonable scalable. So, somewhere in the middle in terms of scalability.

We have not needed to use support so far.

We have been using Sophos since day one.

The setup was simple. It took us about one day to set up and configure the software.

The setup was done internally. We also perform maintenance internally.

The pricing is average for software like this, but you can purchase additional services if you wish.

In the future, we may evaluate SentinelOne.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this to other users, and I would give the product 7 out of 10.

Private Cloud

Other
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
565,689 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Administrator
Good app control and threat protection
  • "We find the app control and its threat protection to be the best features."
  • "The choices offered for the on-premises and cloud-based platforms are the reverse of each other."

What is most valuable?

We find the app control and its threat protection to be the best features.

What needs improvement?

The app control in respect of the user interface could be improved, The choices offered for the on-premises and cloud-based platforms are the reverse of each other, such as the one responsible for allowing or denying access. This can be confusing initially, even though I later discovered that it is possible to set it back.

We are happy with the solution's stability.

The solution is scalable. We continue to add devices to the several sites we have on it without any problem.

I haven't had much cause to deal with technical support, although we sometimes require this concerning the email component, particularly in respect of the relay to Office 365.

In our ten years we have not worked with another solution before using Sophos Intercept X.

The initial setup was easy.

While I do not have much experience dealing with the price, we have been entitled to a substantial discount on the solution in our use of it as an educational tool.

What other advice do I have?

Our organization has 1,500 end-users making use of the solution.

We require four to five administrators.

The solution sufficiently satisfies one's standard needs, including those of antivirus and app control.

I rate Sophos Intercept X as an eight out of ten.

EmanTaky
Senior System Administrator at KnowledgeNet
Stable and easy to use, and integrates with their on-premises firewall
  • "It's a good antivirus software and has a lot of features. It now integrates with their on-premises firewall, which is perfect."
  • "The main real-time scanning takes most of the processing power of my notebook."

What is most valuable?

Their support is located in Egypt, so we like this aspect.

It is stable and easy to use as well.

What needs improvement?

The main real-time scanning is taking most of the processing power of my notebook. This is a big problem.

It would be nice if Sophos Intercept X could provide some of their other features for free. For example, when I wanted to add another feature, like zero-day attack, I was told that I would need to add the license.

Also, it would be good to have a lot more resources.

I've been using it for about four or five years.

It's a cloud-based solution.

The technical support staff are excellent.

I used Symantec antivirus, but when they ended the corporate product of Symantec, I was not able to contact them. It was very difficult to reach them and get support or purchase the antivirus, so I switched.

The installation is straightforward.

I deployed it myself with some technical support. They were able to provide what I needed.

What other advice do I have?

If I were to rate Sophos Intercept X on a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at eight. I would recommend this solution.

Engineering Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
A scalable, stable and easily installable solution offering comprehensive protection
  • "Sophos Intercept X is a complete endpoint solution."
  • "It should offer better security updates."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to prevent ransomeware attacks and those from unknown sources.

What is most valuable?

Sophos Intercept X is a complete endpoint solution. It represents the combination of two products in one, offering the same configuration and management.

What needs improvement?

While the solution does not seem to lack any features, it should offer better security updates. It could be more secure, something which holds true for any solution.

Also, the support could be faster.

We have been using Sophos Intercept X over the course of the past year. While it is very new in my current company, we made use of it for four years in my previous one.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support could be faster.

We used Trend Micro and Symantec in the past.

The solution was installed together with Endpoint, as a single agent, meaning the licensing covers two products. Similar to Endpoint, the installation was very easy.

We have an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

We have 300 users making use of the solution.

I would definitely recommend its use to others.

Sr Manager - Information Security & Researcher at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Straightforward installation, secure, but could be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of the solution is to block threats. It contains a quick queries engine that can help us figure out where all threats are coming from.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is that it is less hash-based than competitors.

What needs improvement?

I would like the solution to have more functions and to be more user-friendly.  In the next release, the solution could have more use cases. For example, protection against ransomware.

I have used the solution for approximately one month.

I find the solution to be stable and secure. However, there are some operational issues with the hashing algorithm.

What do I

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like the solution to have more functions and to be more user-friendly.

I have used the solution for approximately one month.

We have 7000 uses in our organization using the solution.

I have used Falcon CrowdStrike and Kaspersky.

The installation of the solution is straightforward and took approximately two days for tuning.

The solution was deployed by the vendor team, using approximately three administrators.

The solution requires an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sophos Intercept X a seven out of ten.

Technical Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Effective EDR, reliable, and scalable
  • "I have found the most valuable feature to be the EDR."
  • "The solution is heavy in the usage of resources, you can notice the performance decrease. This should prove in the future."

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable feature to be the EDR.

What needs improvement?

The solution is heavy in the usage of resources, you can notice the performance decrease. This should prove in the future.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

I have found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable. We have multiple clients and have approximately 1,000 users using the solution.

We have not had a good experience with technical support. The quality of support we received was not what someone would expect from a leading solution provider.

We have used McAfee and Trend Micro previously. The customer's environment would determine what is the best option that we would recommend. For example, if the customer has a Sophos firewall and other Sophos products, then it would be better to go with Sophos Intercept X.

The price of this solution is a little high compared to competitors because they do not have a proper pricing structure.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

Director at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Very stable although after-sales technical support is lacking

What is our primary use case?

We're currently implementing this solution in our company, but we generally implement it for our clients. I'm a director and we are resellers of Sophos Intercept X.

What is most valuable?

The product is very stable which is great.

What needs improvement?

The after sales service and support could be improved, particularly on the technical side. The solution has room for additional features.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The product is stable, although one of my clients suffered a bit from downtime. The clients are happy with it.

We purchase different boxes according to the…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The product is very stable which is great.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for two years.

We purchase different boxes according to the needs of the client, because every single box  has a limitation on number of users. The lowest one, which is 110, supports up to 20 users, 10 to 20 users. 125 supports around 30 users and so on. Most of our clients are medium and enterprise size companies.

I'd like to see the price lowered.

What other advice do I have?

Although this is quite an expensive solution when you compare it to products like Automate or Cisco, Sophos does better on pricing.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Download our free Sophos Intercept X Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.