Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Oracle Identity Governance OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Identity Governance is #1 ranked solution in top Mobile Identity tools, #6 ranked solution in top User Provisioning Software, and #7 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Identity Governance an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Oracle Identity Governance is most commonly compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: Oracle Identity Governance vs SailPoint IdentityIQ. Oracle Identity Governance is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
Oracle Identity Governance Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle Identity Governance Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Oracle Identity Governance?

Oracle Identity Governance (OIG) is a very versatile and robust enterprise identity management solution that offers functional and business performance competence by supplying centralized administration and total automation of identity and client provisioning events throughout the organization and user applications. Oracle Identity Governance monitors the complete identity and role process to satisfy rapidly changing business and complex compliance regulations and quickly delivers critical reporting and compliance capabilities.

Oracle Identity Governance is designed to easily identify which users have approved access to specific applications and other resources. It does this by using processes such as segregation of duties (SOD), role-based access control (RBAC), certifications, and access requests.

Oracle Identity Governance Features

• Self-service wizard: Oracle Identity Governance has worked to make the onboarding of applications significantly easier. It no longer takes numerous steps and technical expertise. The self-service wizard makes the process simple and user-friendly.

• Self-service APIs: This gives Oracle Identity Governance users an improved user experience (UX). The REST APIs for user self-service can be used for both web and mobile users. Oracle Identity Governance users are easily able to view user accounts and roles, in addition to being able to complete self-service tasks such as forgotten passwords, registration, and more.

• Certification: Oracle Identity Governance offers many certification options, such as a custom access reviewer, group reviewing support, and designate certifications by completed percentage. OIG can also focus on specific role access and anomalies for access beyond a user-defined role (UDF).

• Integration connectors: Oracle Identity Governance has many integration connector options for both cloud and on-premises deployments. Popular categories include Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) and traditional and hybrid systems such as Fusion Applications (FA). OIG also integrates well with connectors to Database Application Tables (DBAT), scripting tools, and web services. OIG offers several integration connectors with many of today’s top SaaS applications, such as Dropbox, Google Apps, Office 365, ServiceNow, and WebEx.

Reviews from Real Users

The one thing that stands out was the automatic sign-out when an employee goes on vacation. Identity Governance can monitor when an employee goes on vacation and returns. We use this feature to automatically disable all the employee's accounts when they go on vacation, and they're automatically enabled when they come back. We can also automatically delete the employee's accounts when they're dismissed. Oracle has a model that gives you precise reports. It's called Crystal, and it's similar to JasperReports, so we can derive reports from this database. “ - Fabio L., Partner at a tech services company.

“We are using Oracle Identity Manager for the management of the identity cycle. We have a human resources system as a source, and we have some custom-made applications as a destination of the changes in the identities. - A PeerSpot user who is a Project Manager at a government “

Oracle Identity Governance was previously known as Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle IAM, Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite.

Oracle Identity Governance Customers

Werkbank, Oshkosh, PeerPay, Boingo, Kellogg's, Pella, Slanska, Avaya, D+M

Oracle Identity Governance Video

Oracle Identity Governance Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Identity Governance pricing:
  • "I do not know specific pricing but the product is expensive when compared to other OIM products."
  • "The price of the implementation of Oracle Identity Governance is more of a concern than the cost of the solution. The effort that you have to do to put the solution in place is higher than the license cost."
  • "Oracle Identity Governance is expensive."
  • Oracle Identity Governance Reviews

IT Architecture Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    Enables us to understand a customer's interests but it is missing a lot
    • "Understanding what a customer is using, what they are looking for, and allowing permissions is a challenge. We use the information we get in order to understand the behavior of the customer beyond the security and to understand what they have been doing in the last month. It's a nice way to understand what is attracting the customer and what they are clicking. That could be implemented by using this kind of application."
    • "Our issues with the solution have to do with the integration with different applications. It's not easy to connect ICAO to this kind of product. It would be better to work on the extensions of the adapters for this kind of identity management solution in order to not put in the code in the product."

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases are based on CIM to connect different applications. It's centralization identity for the use of the servers to give the passwords.

How has it helped my organization?

In the case of enterprise identity for the employee, the most important thing is the consolidation of access to the application no matter what the channel is that uses the application. It unifies the way we do authorization.

For big companies, that is a nightmare to administrate because we have a lot of security problems. With CIM, we connect the customers to a channel to using different portals and with that approach, we can understand the behavior of the customer.

What is most valuable?

The centralization of IDs and passwords is the most valuable feature. They provide different applications to use the authorization.

CIM is the most used feature. Customer Identity Management is a challenge that we are working on in our company and I think it's the star of the Identity Management space. With CIM we are using the same process in order to implement it to the customer.

What needs improvement?

I have the same problem every time I implement it. It's challenging to connect different applications that are not perfect or modern. It's important to connect everything. This is an area for improvement.

Synchronizing passwords between Active Directory and Oracle is very complex because the process is not so easy. I have a lot of problems.

Oracle Identity Governance
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Oracle Identity Governance. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Oracle Identity Governance for ten years.

The stability is not a challenge. It depends on the size of the company. If we have one million users, it could be a challenge. But if you have up to 10,000 users, it's not a problem at all.

You need to tune a lot because it's not a simple task. The product is not for everybody.I

When you get people from San Francisco, the support is okay. The problem is with the partners. In Latam, the support isn't so good.

It could certainly be less expensive. There are a lot of components. Normal licensing is a real nightmare. Oracle should make things easier for the customer to understand.

What other advice do I have?

With Oracle, you could do something for a million people but you need to make sure to do it right which isn't so easy. You need people and partners from Oracle for help. It's a good product but even good products need people to implement and maintain them especially during migration. You need senior people to help.

I would recommend Oracle for a large implementation.

My advice would be to solve the integration problem. Solve the way they interact when information is distributed. Properly distribute the customer's information. Understand that it is very difficult to implement. Make sure to understand the application and understand the legalities of the country that you're working in.

Most people start in the last stage. They pay a lot of money and the process could take three to four years. They pay a lot of money but don't use the product as a service. The problem is inexperience.

I would rate Oracle Identity Governance a six out of ten. There is a lot missing. If it's not missing, it's complex. If you want to implement something, you won't end up doing it because it's too complex or expensive.

Senior Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
    Great user management features but a cumbersome implementation that requires application connectors
    • "The most valuable feature is the user manager certification that approves or removes user access."
    • "The solution should be easy to implement with components combined in one file and built-in features to integrate target applications without having to install additional connectors."

What is our primary use case?

I implement and manage the solution in customer environments to oversee user identities and access levels.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the user manager certification that approves or removes user access. Once managers receive results of a certification campaign, they can take action to approve or revoke access to users working for them with changes implemented at signoff.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be easy to implement with components combined in one file and built-in features to integrate target applications without having to install additional connectors. Currently, we have to download, install, and configure connectors to integrate each target application and that is not the case with other OIM products.

Patches are published every few months and applying them in the customer environment requires maintenance to the box because it is very tricky. If work on the boxes was conducted properly, patches would only need to be published once per year.

A backup of the existing configuration is required when applying tests and that takes up space on the server.

I have been using the solution for four years.

The product is not stable and has issues even if conservation is managed accurately so it requires fixes and maintenance at the end of a project.

The product is scalable.

Technical support needs to be more responsive, knowledgeable, and experienced. Sometimes it seems that I have more knowledge than the support team so resolving issues takes time.

I rate support a six out of ten.

The setup is complex compared to other OIM products such as 4G and Okta that are easy to implement in a customer environment by zipping the WAR file and deploying it.

The product has a number of components that require integration with each other before deployment such as OIM, OEM, OAM, and Web Logic that need to be downloaded and installed completely, making setup difficult and very complex.

Setup could be much easier so I rate it a six out of ten.

Our team implements the solution for customers.

We have not experienced improvement in performance, financial aspects, or functionality and that should exist with the new governance.

Ford Truck is very quick and easy to implement in a customer environment. It is user-friendly, stable, offers a lot of customization, and doesn't take more than ten or fifteen minutes to implement.

What other advice do I have?

I am not currently recommending the product to clients because there are other good products on the market that can be implemented and used in their environments with minimal customization.

Solutions that are user-friendly, easy to learn, stable, and quick to implement are desirable to our clients. If you are considering the product, compare the price and service to other OIM products and determine what is best for your client or company.

I rate the solution a seven out of ten.

Oracle Identity Governance
    September 2022
    633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Fabio Luna - PeerSpot reviewer
    Partner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    It's flexible and can automate tasks, but it's hard to use and needs more standard out-of-the-box features
    • "The one thing that stands out was is the automatic sign-out when an employee goes on vacation. Identity Governance can monitor when an employee goes on vacation and returns. We use this feature to automatically disable all the employee's accounts when they go on vacation, and they're automatically enabled when they come back."
    • "Identity Governance is a difficult tool to work with. You have to input many models to understand what is happening with the logins. The user interface is not so good. And a lot of the features we use aren't available out of the box."

What is our primary use case?

I used Identity Governance to provide clients access to different solutions. For example, one client had an Active Directory, and we offered the client access to create accounts there. There are Active Directory and Exchange accounts, and there is a database specific to this client that requires a special connector.

In addition to the database, the client has a website where they can create accounts using their SOP protocol. Unfortunately, it's not so easy to use the standard Oracle Identity Manager Connector with SOP protocol, so we had to develop a new connector to communicate with this website and create accounts in these web services.

What is most valuable?

The one thing that stands out was is the automatic sign-out when an employee goes on vacation. Identity Governance can monitor when an employee goes on vacation and returns. We use this feature to automatically disable all the employee's accounts when they go on vacation, and they're automatically enabled when they come back. We can also automatically delete the employee's accounts when they're dismissed. Oracle has a model that gives you precise reports. It's called Crystal, and it's similar to JasperReports, so we can derive reports from this database.

What needs improvement?

Identity Governance is a difficult tool to work with. You have to input many models to understand what is happening with the logins. The user interface is not so good. And a lot of the features we use aren't available out of the box. You have to develop a lot of the basic things yourself. It would be nice if Oracle provided these common features.

I've been using Identity Governance for five years.

Aside from a few bugs, Identity Governance is mostly stable.

Identity Governance can scale up.

Oracle support is excellent. However, it varies depending on the level of support the client pays for. If you pay for a premium service license, they respond quickly.

I owned a company that implemented these solutions for various clients. Each client has a different identity manager, so we worked with three identity solutions: Oracle, NetIQ, and Computer Association.

It was challenging to implement Identity Governance. The time needed for deployment depends on the size of the client. While it's possible to get it done in three days, deployment can take up to a week.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Identity Governance six out of 10. If you're planning to use Identity Governance, you need to learn Java to fully meet your business requirements.

Owner at a manufacturing company with 11-50 employees
    Good connectors and auditing features, but the set up is complex and stability needs improvement
    • "The most important feature is the connectors. Without the connectors, it can do nothing."
    • "One of the areas that need some improvement with Oracle specifically is the ease of implementation."

What is our primary use case?

I supported the product, and the customers using it globally. I was the technical support for it.

What is most valuable?

Also, auditing is a very good feature.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas that need some improvement with Oracle specifically is the ease of implementation. That is what is complicated.

The stability could be better.

I've been working with the Oracle identity management products for a very long time, and I started with Governance many years ago. It was Oracle Identity Manager then, and now it's Oracle Identity Governance. I was also managing the support team for the cloud services for IDCS.

We are using the latest version, I believe it is version 12.2.04.

I have been using them since the very beginning.

Once it is up and running it's okay, but it has many bumps.

They are always putting out fixes, but it's hard to get implemented without patching, so it's not great.

It's a scalable solution and it can easily be scaled.

The size of our customers' companies varies.

I was the technical support.

I managed the entire team globally, along with other managers.

I was the global lead for Identity Governance.

The initial setup is complex.

It's a multi-tenant system integrated into a customer's environment. The entire process is more difficult than it needs to be. They have made improvements but it is still complex.

The number of people required for the deployment and implementation varies based on the size of the implementation. The implementations go from very small up to both wide enterprise-wide and serving external customers.

We have had customers who required a couple of people up to an entire team supporting them.

It really does depend on the size of the implementation but it does take more than a couple to manage it. It is not just the Governance, it's the setup of the app and the integration with all of the other applications with the directory.

It requires a few people to keep it up and running.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to train the teams on identity management concepts and the Oracle solution specifically. Have them take advantage of all the training that's available, and plan the implementation in phases.

It has good features but it's complicated. I would rate Oracle Identity Governance a seven out of ten.

ICTdelivery567 - PeerSpot reviewer
    ICT Service Delivery Manager at Christelijke Mutualiteit (CM) / Mutualité chrétienne (MC)
    Highly scalable, and useful for identity and access management
    • "The most valuable features in Oracle Identity Governance are identity and access management."
    • "Oracle Identity Governance can capture a lot of loads, it's stable. However, we once had a problem two years ago, but it is now resolved. There are some issues still present, but they're operational. They don't impact the customers. There are some improvements that can be done."

What is our primary use case?

The company is a healthcare insurance company.. Oracle Identity Governance is used for the Oracle products.

The healthcare sector in Belgium will start collaborating in ICT.  The first projects are coming for other healthcare companies to use own build solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

Single Sign On & identity management for all Oracle products used in the company.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features in Oracle Identity Governance is having a scalable identity and access management solution.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Identity & Access management is scalable & stable. A network related  problem from two years ago, is now resolved. There are some issues with the DIP component, workarounds have been found to avoid impact on customers.

The company has been using Oracle Identity Governance for more than 10 years.

The stability of Oracle Identity Governance is good.  High availability has been implemented in each datacenter, failover is the DR solution.

Oracle Identity Governance is scalable.

We have approximately 8,000 users using this solution on a daily basis.

Oracle support has been contacted multiple times for Oracle Identity Governance. You have to chase them a lot to receive a response in a timely manner. Most customers are aware of this problem.

I rate the support from Oracle Identity Governance a two out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The most difficult part is finding the expertise.  With senior/expert expertise, the setup is feasible.

I rate the initial setup of Oracle Identity Governance a four out of five.

We implemented this solution with consultancy in time & materials.

Their expertise level is expert/senior.

We have received a return on investment from Oracle Identity Governance.

The price of the implementation of Oracle Identity Governance is more of a concern than the cost of the solution. The effort that you have to do to put the solution in place is higher than the license cost.

Migration to AD(FS) will be considered to decrease the operational cost.  Oracle Unified Directory will remain for Oracle Database running on Linux.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution, but you need the expertise to be able to implement it. At least one FTE is needed to manage the platform.

I rate Oracle Identity Governance an eight out of ten.

Philip-Maingi - PeerSpot reviewer
    Team Leader at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Easy access requests, simple password resets, and offers perpetual licensing
    • "I am able to request any access rights I need."
    • "It's a complex solution, so it will take time in terms of deployment."

What is our primary use case?

Whether I need to request permissions for certain other business applications, I put in a request. Then I'm given permission.

You actually deploy it together with Access Manager. They work together. You may not even notice the difference.

What is most valuable?

There are two valuable features. One, I am able to request any access rights I need. I don't even need to talk to my manager. I just request, and he can see the request and approve or reject it and give a reason. It's all very clear. Two, the Self Service I get is great. I can reset passwords, whether I have forgotten them or just need to change them. I don't have to call IT to help me with the password resets.

What needs improvement?

In terms of room for improvement, to be honest, I haven't considered anything. I don't have anything I can say about improvement.

It's a complex solution, so it will take time in terms of deployment. It is not that easily deployed. Maybe if they can make the deployment easier, that would be great.

From a technical point, maybe they need to share how the integration with privileged access management solutions works since they no longer have privileged access management. If they can properly support integration with the existing leading privileged access management, that would be great.

I've used the solution for a while.

We do not have plans to increase usage. Usage is static. If the number of users increases, if more are hired, we may increase. It is just based on the organization. There is no plan to change to another solution. If the the number of users increases, we'll still have the same application, as it is licensed and not a monthly subscription. It is a perpetual license. There will not be any changes.

The initial setup is complex. It's not easy to deploy. They've tried to improve the onboarding process, however, they should continue to make it easier.

We have a perpetual license.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an end-user.

Before you implement, ensure that your workflows are right. You need to ensure the structure of your business in terms of workflow and that the permissions and the roles are well-defined so that when you onboard Governance, it is only automating what you already have.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Project Manager at a government with 10,001+ employees
    The support service is good as they respond quickly, but the tool's web interface needs to be improved
    • "The support service of Oracle is good. We use it a lot and their response is quick."
    • "The solution needs to improve its web interface in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

Our organization has almost 60,000 users. We have a team of five people developing and maintaining the product.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Oracle Identity Manager is an out-of-the-box solution that is not beneficial for us. We only have custom-made applications. We could have started at ground zero and made all of our own tailor-made integrations with a bigger economic advantage, saving us from having to purchase Oracle licenses.

The solution needs to improve its web interface in the next release. It is timing reliant, making it extremely difficult to customize. It is not a user-friendly product. We receive little benefit by purchasing the licenses.

I have been working with Oracle Identity Governance for two years.

Once you are in a production environment, Oracle Identity is stable however, every update is a risk and can be very time-consuming to apply the patches.

The product is not user-friendly, I don't think Oracle support knows it as well as they know other products that they have. They respond quickly and always fix the concern, but it takes time. It is difficult to maintain.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial set up of Oracle Identity Manager was difficult because of how delicate the product is to install.

We have purchased a perpetual license with Oracle and only pay yearly maintenance fees, support and updates.

The solution is very expensive for the benefits received from the product, however, the pricing we received from other vendors does not make it worthwhile to switch to another solution.

I would rate it a two out of five for pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle Identity Governance a 6 out of 10.

Pradip Niladhe - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Associate Software Engineer at Simeio
    Flexible, stable, and allows users to write custom code on Java, but its setup could be faster and its pricing could be cheaper
    • "What I like most about Oracle Identity Governance is that it is a very flexible tool. It allows you to do any customization on Java as it is built on Java and you can write any customization code using Java. I also like that Oracle Identity Governance is pretty much stable. In my company, there are a lot of users, so my company prefers this solution."
    • "Pricing for Oracle Identity Governance could be improved. The setup process for the tool could also be faster."

What is our primary use case?

Oracle has lots of products, but our use cases for Oracle Identity Governance include user onboarding similar to what SailPoint is used for, for example, on AESOP, and certification. We also use it for access requests where end-users can go and request access, then we can provide user access or communicate the password to a user secretly. Oracle Identity Governance is where we can have the password portal and also provide role-based access.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about Oracle Identity Governance is that it is a very flexible tool. It allows you to do any customization on Java as it is built on Java and you can write any customization code using Java. I also like that Oracle Identity Governance is pretty much stable. In my company, there are a lot of users, so my company prefers this solution.

What needs improvement?

Pricing for Oracle Identity Governance could be improved. The setup process for the tool could also be faster.

I've been using Oracle Identity Governance for three years.

Oracle Identity Governance is a very stable tool. It has good stability and my company didn't see any issues with it.

Technical support for Oracle Identity Governance is good.

The initial setup for Oracle Identity Governance is not that straightforward. It takes time compared to setting up SailPoint.

Oracle has multiple implementation partners, so any client who wants to use Oracle Identity Governance can work with an implementation company, particularly one that gives the best service, in terms of installing or configuring the the tool.

Oracle Identity Governance is expensive.

I evaluated SailPoint.

What other advice do I have?

My company is using Oracle Identity Management, now called Oracle Identity Governance.

Right now, I would not recommend Oracle Identity Governance because there are new and very good tools available in the market.

My rating for Oracle Identity Governance is six out of ten.

Download our free Oracle Identity Governance Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022