I am an Enterprise API architect and we are one of the biggest conglomerate organizations in Dubai. We have a lot of retail businesses, automotive businesses, and other interests. What we are doing is using the API Management to build out a proper, consistent API layer for our legacy systems and microservices as well. That will enable us to expand our reach in digital channels. This will also help us serve the API Products for 3rd part consumptions.
We are already using Dell Boomi in our organization for ESB purposes and are more focused on that development right now and hope to do more with Layer7 in the future.
Layer7 API Management is #5 ranked solution in top API Management tools. PeerSpot users give Layer7 API Management an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Layer7 API Management is most commonly compared to Apigee: Layer7 API Management vs Apigee. Layer7 API Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 76% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
Layer7 API Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Layer7 API Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the API Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022
What is Layer7 API Management?
Layer7 API Management is an API management suite that provides industry-leading API products. The solution consists of an API Gateway, an API Developer Portal, and a Live API Creator. Layer7 API Management enables organizations to test and monitor in real time in both development and production environments. It can be implemented as a
SaaS, on-premises, or hybrid solution.
Some of the solution’s main capabilities include API strategy and design, API and microservice creation, testing and publishing, microservice orchestration, and mobile & IoT development.
Layer7 API Management Features
Layer7 API Management has many valuable key features:
- Securely integrate and govern APIs at scale
- Cloud, mobile, and social connectivity
- Self-service API publishing
- Searchable catalog of APIs
- Military-grade security certifications
- Integrated web, mobile, and XML firewalling
- Advanced SAML, OAuth, and XACML identity and access capabilities
- Backend SOA connectivity (across databases, applications, mainframes, and middleware)
- Protocol transformation from legacy to REST and JSON
Layer7 API Management Benefits
Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Security: Layer7 API Management gives you protection against threats and OWASP vulnerabilities. In addition, it helps you control access with single sign-on and identity management, providing end-to-end security for applications, mobile, and IoT.
- Data access: Layer7 API Management provides data integration, application logic, and a robust API, giving you access to all data you may need.
- Mobile access: With Layer7 API Management, you can securely connect smart devices and mobile applications easily.
- Scalability: Layer7 API Management can dynamically scale up or down, enabling your organization to achieve high performance via throttling, prioritization, caching, and routing.
Reviews from Real Users
Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by Layer7 API Management users.
Ewan S., API Technical Lead at Sanlam, says, “The Gateway is extremely flexible, which was one of the big plus sides. The capability to extend the Gateway functionality into reusable components is a big plus for us. A big win for CA was the expertise of the local country support plus having support staff on site in a matter of hours, if required."
An IT / Enterprise Architect, IT Consultant at a consultancy mentions that the most valuable aspect of the solution is “The ability to control the web services. Actually what it is being mostly used for is to control the access. Most of the access is being controlled through IP filtering, IP whitelist. In addition to that, we are moving slowly towards using more client certificates. It impresses me as a product because it never goes down. It always does what it is supposed to do.”
PeerSpot user Arpit A., Enterprise API Architect at Al-Futtaim Group, comments, "The solution fills our two most important concerns in seeking an API solution by providing a reliable gateway and security options." He goes on to add, “Layer7 is the most important step in our Application Modernization strategy. We envision to create an Open Architecture which allows us to adapt to ever-changing market needs. It is a key enabler in decoupling the core applications from the digital channels thereby giving us the flexibility to build the plug n play architectural landscape.”
An Assistant Consultant at a computer software company explains, “The solution allows developers to create more advanced security policies.”
Layer7 API Management was previously known as CA API Management, CA Live API Creator, Espresso Logic, CA API Gateway.
Layer7 API Management Customers
Alaska Airlines, The Advisory Board Company, Amerigroup, IceMobile, R+V Versicherung, U.S. Army - plus hundreds of other customers in the banking, energy, finance, healthcare, government, manufacturing, transportation and retail sectors.
Layer7 API Management Video
Layer7 API Management Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Layer7 API Management pricing:
Layer7 API Management Reviews