Kiuwan OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kiuwan is the #18 ranked solution in AST tools and #21 ranked solution in application security solutions. PeerSpot users give Kiuwan an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Kiuwan is most commonly compared to SonarQube: Kiuwan vs SonarQube. Kiuwan is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Application Security Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Kiuwan?

Software analytics technology with a breadth of third party integrations that takes into account the wealth of applications your teams are currently using.

We facilitate and encourage work between unlocalized teams. We understand the complexity of working on multi technology environments, constantly striving to increase the number of programming languages and technologies we support.

Kiuwan Customers

DHL, BNP Paribas, Zurich, AXA, Ernst & Young, KFC, Santander, Latam, Ferrovial

Kiuwan Video

Kiuwan Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kiuwan pricing:
"It follows a subscription model. I think the price is somewhere in the middle."

Kiuwan Reviews

Layth Mansour - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Security Officer at Umniah
Scalable with good remediation capabilities and good stabilty
  • "I've tried many open source applications and the remediation or correction actions that were provided by Kiuwan were very good in comparison."
  • "The configuration hasn't been that good."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for in-house development. In one of the cases, we use it for some applications that we need to create something from scratch.

What we are considering more than anything else is maybe its quality of performance. We are looking for security vulnerabilities. I'm an Information Security Officer and that's why we are looking for vulnerabilities more than the quality of the code or the performance, however, it's great that it gives more detailed information about performance and the quality of the code. I'm actually looking to try another technology, to see if there's something we can do around static tests.

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

What needs improvement?

When you do the download test, there is some part that remains there from the static test. When it comes to the configuration of this library, I've not sure that Kiuwan gives a real vulnerability assessment for a configuration.

The configuration hasn't been that good. From a security perspective, we are looking into something in the middle between the static and the dynamic.

There are many open-source tools that can generate perfect results. It's not as good as the quality as the Kiuwan or maybe the SonarQube, however, I'm sure it's really close, and it's also free

We've had issues with technical support not being responsive enough.

We also have had issues with the initial setup.

We've used the solution for around two years or so. It's been a while now.

Application Security Tools
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Kiuwan, Sonar, Veracode and others in Application Security Tools. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have found the solution to be stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution can scale if you need it to.

We're dealing with three customers that have this solution right now.

We're working on some issues with some delays from the support team.

We are also using Tenable.

We faced a lot of problems with the initial setup and support gave us difficulties around the installation. That made us a little bit confused. When you lose your servers for the week, it's not a good thing.

With support, we had to troubleshoot the issues and that took about eight working days. It took us around 11 days to overcome the issues and to upgrade.

As an information security team, we were providing some services and were trying to make a vulnerability assessment. The security testing let us note a lot of vulnerabilities. We contacted support and it took us three months to overcome those particular issues.

In terms of maintenance, we have system admins that just look to see if the servers are running or not, however, for managing the servers, the servers implementation security team will handle that.

We can likely find free open-source solutions that give us close to the quality we get with this solution. We'd rather not pay if we don't have to.

Customers must pay a yearly licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We got it from a partner. The partner is already connected to Kiuwan from Spain.

We are providing the Kiuwan solution for a small group of customers.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Kelly Hoyos - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Security Manager at ITC SOLUCIONES TECNOLOGICAS S.A.S
You can run the analyzer locally, which is crucial for security purposes
  • "I like that I can scan the code without sending it to the Kiuwan cloud. I can do it locally on my device. When the local analyzer finishes, the results display on the dashboard in the cloud. It's essential for security purposes to be able to scan my code locally."
  • "Kiuwan's support has room for improvement. You can only open a ticket is through email, and the support team is outside of our country. They should have a support number or chat."

What is our primary use case?

Our company produces a financial application, and we use Kiuwan for vulnerability testing. Kiuwan scans our code to detect some security issues.

How has it helped my organization?

Kiuwan has enabled us to give our customers peace of mind through early identification of code vulnerabilities and remediation before delivery to the customer.

What is most valuable?

I like that I can scan the code locally on my device. When the local analyzer finishes, the results display on the dashboard in the Cloud. Actually Kiuwan allows to scan code both locally and in the cloud, but It's essential for security purposes to be able to scan my code locally.

What needs improvement?

Kiuwan should charge based on usage

I've been using Kiuwan for two years.

Kiuwan is stable, but we have some issues when they perform system maintenance. We cannot access the platform for a couple of hours max. It's happened twice in one year, but it's not that bad because this tool isn't critical for our operation.

It's easy to scale up Kiuwan.

Kiuwan's support has room for improvement. You can only open a ticket is through email, and the support team is outside of our country. They should have a support number or chat.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

Kiuwan was pretty easy to set up. We simply installed the local analyzer and configured the dashboard with some rules to apply to our code. It wasn't that hard.

Kiuwan is not as expensive as the other solutions. We pay according to the number of lines of code that have been hired to scan, whether it scans or not. That's the downside.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Kiuwan nine out of 10. I think it's an excellent platform, and I'd recommend Kiuwan.

Hybrid Cloud
Application Security Tools
November 2022
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Information Security Specialist at a tech company with 51-200 employees
An application security platform that provides detailed reports about the risk index
  • "I like that it provides a detailed report that lets you know the risk index and the vulnerability."
  • "The integration process could be improved. It'll also help if it could generate reports automatically. But I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the reports. This is because, in our last project, we still found some key issues that weren't captured by the Kiuwan report."

What is our primary use case?

I'm currently working at a FinTech company, and we normally use Kiuwan for code analysis. This helps us ensure that our product complies with proper codes.

What is most valuable?

I like that it provides a detailed report that lets you know the risk index and the vulnerability.

What needs improvement?

The integration process could be improved. It'll also help if it could generate reports automatically. But I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the reports. This is because, in our last project, we still found some key issues that weren't captured by the Kiuwan report.

I have been using Kiuwan since 2019.

I'm not sure if it's stable, but it's working fine.

I don't know if it's scalable, but we have about 30 to 60 users. It all depends on the scope of the project. If they have made the last point of implementation, then we can perform the code analysis.

It follows a subscription model. I think the price is somewhere in the middle.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Kiuwan an eight.

Download our free Application Security Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Kiuwan, Sonar, Veracode, and more!
Updated: November 2022