IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series is #7 ranked solution in best NVMe All-Flash Arrays and #24 ranked solution in best All-Flash Storage Arrays. PeerSpot users give Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series an average rating of 10 out of 10. Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series is most commonly compared to Dell PowerStore: Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series vs Dell PowerStore. Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series?

The patented Hitachi Accelerated Fabric allows Hitachi Storage Virtualization Operating System RF (SVOS RF) to offload I/O traffic as you scale out your data platform, delivering up to 21 million IOPS. Mixing NVMe and SAS flash together allows you to get the most economic $/GB rates available up to 69PB of capacity. And the platform is backed with a 100% data-availability guarantee.

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series was previously known as Hitachi VSP 5000, Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000.

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series Customers

SUVA

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series Video

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series pricing:
"The price of the solution is reasonable compared to others, such as Dell EMC."

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series Reviews

Hardware Architect at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Data storage platform with good IOPS, performance, and technical support
  • "Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series exhibits good performance and has good IOPS: 300 IOPS. The technical support for this product is also good."
  • "The complex setup, ease of use, and snapshot operations of this product need to be improved."

What is most valuable?

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series exhibits good performance. It has a good IOPS (input/output operations per second), particularly 300 IOPS, so this is what I like about it.

What needs improvement?

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series is not easy to use and this needs improvement. This product also has a complex setup and is not easy to implement. Snapshot operations for this product could also be improved.

I've been working on Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series for more than a year.

I'm satisfied with the technical support for this product.
NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, Dell Technologies, Pure Storage and others in NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: June 2022.
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Implementation of this product wasn't easy. It took one week.

We implemented Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series through a local vendor team. There was an issue with the vendor so implementation took longer to complete.

What other advice do I have?

I'm satisfied with the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series. I'm rating Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series an eight out of ten, because of its complex setup.
Storage and Backups Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Allows us to share storage between our cloud environments

What is our primary use case?

We are a data center located in Mexico. We use a wide array of storage solutions from different companies. Our largest storage installation is on Hitachi.

We use this solution to share storage between our cloud environments. We have a VMware Cloud in each of our data centers with two locations in Mexico City. We have a replica between these two sites. We also have another Cloud Suite for OpenStack

What needs improvement?

This solution is equipped with virtualization technology inside the storage box. Other companies like TMS have virtual technology outside of their storage boxes. IBM has a SAN Volume Controller that allows us to virtualize any type of storage whether it's on the same label or not. This is not the case with Hitachi.

This solution is very stable.

The technical support is great.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays
June 2022
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Engineer at Secretaria de Educacion del Gobierno del Estado de Mexico
Simple firmware updates, effective Shadowimage feature, and reasonably priced

What is our primary use case?

We use the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series as a storage solution in our organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features in Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series are Shadowimage, easy to manage equipment, and upgrading the firewire is very simple.

I have been using the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series for approximately two years.

The solution is stable. However, there have been some software crashes where we had to restart the system. They could improve the hardware to prevent this type of issue.

The price of the solution is reasonable compared to others, such as Dell EMC.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform 5000 Series a ten out of ten.