Druva inSync OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Druva inSync is the #2 ranked solution in top SaaS Backup tools and #20 ranked solution in top Cloud Backup tools. PeerSpot users give Druva inSync an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Druva inSync is most commonly compared to Veeam Backup & Replication: Druva inSync vs Veeam Backup & Replication. Druva inSync is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Druva inSync?

Workforce mobility today is an essential part of any business, but it creates a number of challenges for IT. Data spread across devices and cloud services, unpredictable schedules, and varied network connections all complicate efforts to protect and govern enterprise information. With inSync, companies can protect their data stored in the cloud or on mobile devices while also addressing rising compliance and legal needs.

Druva inSync was previously known as inSync.

Druva inSync Customers

TRC Companies, Inc., ANDRITZ, Inc., Allergan, Plc, ServiceNow, Live Nation, Shire, DHL, Leidos, NASA, UC Berkeley, Leica, Hatco Corporation, Flex, Enphase.

Druva inSync Video

Druva inSync Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Druva inSync pricing:
"Out of all the solutions we evaluated, Druva inSync was the most affordable."

Druva inSync Reviews

SimonClark - PeerSpot reviewer
Cyber Security Advisor - Director at Fort Net UK
MSP/MSSP
Cloud-based, secure, fast, and they only charge you for deduplicated data usage
  • "It's incredibly fast."
  • "The support of other cloud services needs to be improved. It has very good cloud support for AWS but not with others."

What is our primary use case?

We are a consultancy and a reseller. We offer solutions to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature about Druva is that it is 100% based in the cloud.

It scans the backups for ransomware. It has a security element, and it has unlimited uploads and downloads included in the price.

It has a granular approach to backup and restores so that customers can retrieve individual files..

It's incredibly fast.

It dedupes all your data and only charges you for the amount of data that's been deduped as opposed to what it originally sees.

What needs improvement?

It is based on AWS and works very well in those environments however, it works very well in multi-cloud environments.

The scalability is very good. It will scale from a tiny little SME company all the way up to huge corporations.

Our latest client has 4,000 employees. That will cover archiving, M365, cloud and on-prem servers from a single vendor.

SaaS Backup
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Druva, Metallic, Clumio and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Technical support is very good. We have a good relationship with Druva and their technical teams.

Very fast to install and deploy. We can arrange free trials to demonstrate it's capability

On-prem solutions are expensive to operate because it is necessary to assign a person to manage it and look after it.

On-prem' is also expensive when you get to that time where it has to be refreshed, hardware has a lifespan. If they don't refresh, it eventually becomes unsupported and doesn't get any software updates, which means it is not secure. It won't have the same features and eventually just isn't fit for purpose. Why would anybody want to own hardware, particularly with something like backup, where typically you want your backup to be offsite?

You want backups like Druva to be away from your organization so that it can't get damaged physically or interfered with by physical access to it.

What other advice do I have?

By offering 100% cloud backup, Druva, Veeam, and a couple of others are competing against customers who have predominantly storage on-premise, and by having hardware you have something that is going to eventually run out of capacity. It will need power, air conditioning and space

It just doesn't make any sense, in today's environment, where we have fantastic amounts of bandwidth, both through dedicated links and through the internet, why would anybody want to own hardware and maintain it?

I would rate Druva InSync a ten out of ten.

Solutions Architect Individual Contributor at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
MSP
Is flexible and simple to implement and use
  • "It is simple to implement and use. It's very flexible."
  • "The speed could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We will be using it to backup Office 365. It's for Exchange, OneDrive, and Teams, that is, it's for SaaS backups.

What is most valuable?

It is simple to implement and use. It's very flexible.

What needs improvement?

The speed could be better.

It's not yet active, but it will be going in place within the next six months. We reviewed it over six months ago.

It's a stable and reliable product.

Technical support staff were very friendly and responsive, and I didn't have a problem with them.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It takes less than half an hour to deploy. The part that takes the longest is the one where you're defining your policies. It's a couple of clicks, and you're done. It's very quick if you've got the correct permissions; then it's just a matter of connecting your environment to the backup environment.

We did it ourselves.

It can be done by one person if you've got all of the required permissions. If you've got your Office 365 permissions, you don't need anybody else if the person deploying it will be the same person who is going to manage the Druva environment as well. If not, two people will be required.

Out of all the solutions we evaluated, Druva inSync was the most affordable.

There are additional costs if you want extra storage. Other than that, there aren't any additional costs.

Their site explains the different features you get with the different types such as Elite, Enterprise, and Basic.

We evaluated Veeam and Barracuda.

With Veeam, the problem was that it wasn't a SaaS solution. We would still have to build the infrastructure. There were one or two requirements that we didn't meet as well.

We wouldn't be able to do self-service backups and restores and would have to still get an admin to do it.

What other advice do I have?

Do a POC of what you have, once you have a clear understanding of the needs you're trying to meet.

There are so many offerings out there, and some of them give you more than what you require. If you know what you want and you have clear requirements, then you can actually simplify your choices.

I would rate Druva inSync at eight on a scale from one to ten.

SaaS Backup
November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DVP IT at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Simple backup and restoration process, with flexible configuration
  • "The main benefit of this solution is that it automatically scans the files for ransomware after the backup is complete."
  • "I would like to see security improved in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

With Druva inSync you can restore at the file level, and you can also import the backup record into the extension level of your files.

What is most valuable?

It is not resource-hungry by default, and the backup and restoration processes are very simple.

You can configure it at any time.

It protects during the backup from ransomware to ensure it is virus-free at many configuration levels. You can configure according to your requirements.

What needs improvement?

Druva inSync Some resources are used to possibly minimize.

The use of an encryption key at the user level would increase security.

I would like to see security improved in the next release.

We have been using Druva inSync for three or four years.

Druva inSync is a stable solution, which is why we use it.

Druva inSync is scalable.

We can add 10, 20, 30, 50 users on a yearly basis. But not nearly as much. Because we have a limited number.

We have not contacted technical support, as we have not had any issues.

The installation and configuration are both very simple.

We don't need much to install and maintain this solution.

There are no licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I am very happy with this solution, I would rate Druva inSync a nine out of ten.

Download our free SaaS Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about Druva, Metallic, Clumio, and more!
Updated: November 2022