Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Cisco Intersight OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Intersight is #12 ranked solution in top Cloud Management tools and #35 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give Cisco Intersight an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Cisco Intersight is most commonly compared to Cisco UCS Manager: Cisco Intersight vs Cisco UCS Manager. Cisco Intersight is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 37% of all views.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Cisco Intersight?

Cisco Intersight is Cisco’s systems management platform that delivers intuitive computing through cloud-powered intelligence. This platform offers a more intelligent level of management that enables IT organizations to analyze, simplify, and automate their environments in ways that were not possible with prior generations of tools. This capability empowers organizations to achieve significant savings in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and to deliver applications faster, so they can support new business initiates. The advantages of the model-based management of the Cisco UCS platform plus Cisco Intersight are extended to Cisco UCS servers and Cisco HyperFlex and Cisco HyperFlex Edge systems. Cisco HyperFlex Edge is optimized for remote sites, branch offices, and edge environments.

Cisco Intersight was previously known as Intersight.

Cisco Intersight Customers

EXMAR, RapidScale

Cisco Intersight Video

Cisco Intersight Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Intersight pricing:
  • "Cisco Intersight is not cheap, but it's not the most expensive product either."
  • "It's just the standard licensing cost. There are no additional fees."
  • Cisco Intersight Reviews

Senior Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Scalable and easy to set up portfolio of services; good for remote device management and other functions
    • "Scalable portfolio of services for remote device management, with good cloud integration. It's also easy to set up."
    • "Cisco Intersight needs some improvement in terms of stability. Hybrid cloud management and proper hyperscaler tie-up are other areas for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

Cisco Intersight has multiple use cases. It has developed into a bigger portfolio. Earlier, it was used mostly to manage the devices remotely. It was initially from Meraki, but then I saw it trickling down to switches. Now it is for HyperFlex, so now they're also developing: CBO, IWO, etc., are now being brought onto Cisco Intersight as part of its product portfolio. The product can be used for many things, mostly for management.

What is most valuable?

What I like best about Cisco Intersight is the way it's developing and converging into everything that the cloud has to offer, e.g. it's converging into one platform which is good. It's good for cloud integration, so it can be a Kubernetes cluster. It can be your on-premise cluster. It can be hybrid cloud. All of that can be managed through different suites within Cisco Intersight. It is a good product.

What needs improvement?

What could be improved in Cisco Intersight is hybrid cloud management, especially when compared to the likes of VMware Tanzu, though VMware Tanzu is quite mature, while Cisco Intersight is just new. Hybrid cloud management is a segment of the product that would need a lot of improvement.

An additional feature I'd like to see in the next release of Cisco Intersight is for it to have a proper hyperscale tie-up, e.g. it can be Amazon, Azure, GCP, etc. It should also have SDN solutions, and the ACI solution should be as competitive as NSX. ACI is good, but it's mostly good as an underlay solution, so on the contrary, NSX does it on the overlay, and you can call them as a proper SDN solution. When it comes to microservices, NSX is the de facto.

Cisco Intersight is a stable product, but it needs some improvement. From one to five, I'm scoring it a three.

Cloud Management
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, VMware, IBM and others in Cloud Management. Updated: September 2022.
    635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Cisco Intersight is a scalable product.

The initial setup for Cisco Intersight was quite easy. It was not that difficult. From one to five, one being difficult and five being easy, I'm rating it 3.5.

Cisco Intersight is not cheap, but it's not the most expensive product either. If I would rate the price from one to five, I'd rate it a three.

I evaluated VMware Tanzu.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners with Cisco. We are solution integrators. We are not customers.

Cisco will be focusing more on Cisco Intersight, so that's where we are going. That's the solution we're using.

We do both on-premises and cloud deployment with Cisco Intersight. We can also do SaaS.

For one organization, two people is enough to maintain Cisco Intersight, particularly for a mid-size customer.

The number of Cisco staff here is large enough, but the technical staff, are not as many as you'd desire. They have a local presence, but not as big as Dell EMC. We are the biggest partner of Cisco here in our region.

Cisco Intersight has a lot of competitors, e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS, etc., but it's quite a new product on the rack, so it'll take some time for it to develop.

Cisco Intersight is a recommended product, but you should have a Cisco install base. It's not meant for a non-Cisco install base. It's a very good tool if you have a Cisco house, but if not, you won't see much from the product, because it's not a very heterogeneous solution. It's primarily for Cisco workloads. It's not mature enough, so I don't think there are a lot of options in Cisco Intersight for non-Cisco workloads.

I would rate Cisco Intersight eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    PauloDiniz - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sales Leader - Data Center at YSSY & Co
    Allows integration with other solutions and orchestration of the data center system
    • "I like Intersight because of the integration with HashiCorp, Kubernetes, and each cloud because Intersight is the IO module."
    • "The unique problem with Cisco Intersight is that it's not supporting some players."

What is our primary use case?

It's deployed on the cloud and on-prem.

What is most valuable?

Intersight is the best solution with the data center. I like Intersight because of the integration with HashiCorp, Kubernetes, and each cloud because Intersight is the IO module. I like the orchestration of the data center system. Cisco can be integrated with Pure Storage, Veeam, HashiCorp, and Umbrella.

What needs improvement?

The unique problem with Cisco Intersight is that it's not supporting some players. For example, Dell and ATP. I have a problem with integrating the existing solutions in the data center.

I would like to see integration with the observability solution.

I've been using this solution since 2018.

It's stable.

The cost depends on the case. It's just the standard licensing cost. There are no additional fees. I'm happy with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
    Cloud Management
    September 2022
    635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Daniel Aramayo - PeerSpot reviewer
    Implementation and Support Engineer at PRACSO S.R.L.
    Scalable, simple setup and good integrations

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for monitoring locations. We are partners with Cisco.

What is most valuable?

I find the integrations to be the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

One of the issues is that they are integrating a lot of technologies into the product and when new features appear, the service becomes full of bugs and doesn't work. I have to wait while they go back and make the application stable again. I'd like to see more integration with other companies.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable most of the time, it's only when new features are added that it becomes less stable.

The solution is pretty scalable.

The initial setup is simple.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this product a seven out of 10.

Download our free Cloud Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, VMware, IBM, and more!
    Updated: September 2022