IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Cisco Data Center Network Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Data Center Network Manager is #42 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Cisco Data Center Network Manager an average rating of 8 out of 10. Cisco Data Center Network Manager is most commonly compared to Zabbix: Cisco Data Center Network Manager vs Zabbix. Cisco Data Center Network Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Cisco Data Center Network Manager?
Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) is designed to help you efficiently implement, visualize, and manage Cisco Unified Fabric. It includes a comprehensive feature set, along with a customizable dashboard that provides enhanced visibility and automated fabric provisioning of dynamic data centers.

Cisco Data Center Network Manager was previously known as Data Center Network Manager.

Cisco Data Center Network Manager Customers
Banco de Guayaquil, Cox Communications, Kuwait Petroleum Italia, Roper St. Francis, University of British Columbia
Cisco Data Center Network Manager Video

Cisco Data Center Network Manager Reviews

Project Manager with 201-500 employees
Good connectivity monitoring, but there are still things that they need to work on
  • "The most valuable feature is the connectivity monitoring."
  • "Sometimes the product gives us problems that require support."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. I am in a networking environment and this is a solution for monitoring the activity and connectivity in a Cisco network.

How has it helped my organization?

most of our Enterprise business clients use CISCO for their network connections. This has made things to be easier from our organization

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the connectivity monitoring.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the product gives us problems that require support. There are still several things that need to be done in order to perfect this solution.
Network Monitoring Software
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Paessler AG and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been working with the Cisco Data Center Network Manager for four years.

The stability is there with this solution.

Scaling this solution requires upgrading.

I have 24/7 team responsible for servicing our customers at any time. Our customers are happy with the services offered to them

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

My team is responsible for the implementation, deployment, and support of this solution.

More than good enough as we have new clients everyday connected using this product

Value for money. go for the product that's worth it for your organization. in that case, I strongly recommend CISCO

What other advice do I have?

At this point, I am happy with this product and I would recommend it. I will only switch if somebody comes out with one that is much better. In general, this is a good solution, but there are still things that they need to work on. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

IT Manager Network at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
The automation of features that used to be done manually is a significant time saver
  • "Automation of the ILS."
  • "API lacks robustness."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of the solution is for automation. We're an airline so a lot of people buy from us. We are vendors and I'm an IT manager.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable features in this solution: The automation of the ILS, the automation of the small changes, the lands updates, scheduling, integration - basically, the pushing of features that we used to do manually. It's a good product.

What needs improvement?

The robustness in the API could be improved. I also think Cisco could look into reducing the pricing of the solution.

I've been using this solution since it's been on the market.

The stability hasn't been too bad.

There are no issues with scalability.

The technical support is a gap for us as a company. When I think of technical support, there's two types: There's developmental and then there's operational support. Cisco shines at developmental support and new products. Operational support, and then continuing to keep the lights on, is an area that could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Any company needs to understand that it requires a commitment, the need to employ somebody who's a specialist, who understands and can manage the portal itself. If you do that, there are many benefits to be had.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Paessler AG, and more!
Updated: June 2022