IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Boomi AtomSphere API Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Boomi AtomSphere API Management is #22 ranked solution in top API Management tools. PeerSpot users give Boomi AtomSphere API Management an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Boomi AtomSphere API Management is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure API Management: Boomi AtomSphere API Management vs Microsoft Azure API Management. Boomi AtomSphere API Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the API Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Boomi AtomSphere API Management?

Boomi API Management supports the full lifecycle of APIs in a hybrid environment. Configure APIs and expose real-time integrations effortlessly. Centrally test and deploy APIs and enforce contracts and policies with an API gateway. Monitor the health of APIs with usage dashboards and engage API developers using the catalog and developer portal.

Boomi AtomSphere API Management was previously known as Boomi API Management.

Boomi AtomSphere API Management Customers

Avalara, Cornell University, Dropbox

Boomi AtomSphere API Management Video

Boomi AtomSphere API Management Reviews

Technical Architect at a media company with 201-500 employees
Good technical and community support with reasonable pricing
  • "The stability of the solution is good."
  • "To some degree, you need to know what type or amount of API you are creating - whether it's a rest API or web service API. You need to know ETL in order to really get the most out of Boomi."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this basically to pull the data from the POS system and view that and point it to SAP Hybris integration, SAP Hybris meta-data. We can pull the resources from the database and that's the integration. It's easy at the endpoint.

What is most valuable?

Integrations are pretty easy to manage. The integration is useful due to the fact that you the one end from the Boomi that is connected to the database of the POS and is exposing the API to the SAP Hybris.

The user interface, which we use to create the integration, basically has the data structures collected. It's pretty easy to navigate. It's a drag and drop style of working. You drag and drop to create the import and the data you need for the endpoint. There's very little code required.

The creation of the endpoints is very simple.

It worked for us due to the fact that it was a bunch of data pools. If the data is pretty straightforward, you don't have any issues.

The technical support is very good and they have a good community around it as well that can assist.

The stability of the solution is good.

The solution has very good queueing capabilities.

What needs improvement?

To some degree, you need to know what type or amount of API you are creating - whether it's a rest API or web service API. You need to know ETL in order to really get the most out of Boomi.

I'm not sure about what happens the data becomes more complex and the structure becomes more complex. When that happens, I'm not sure that whatever the output would needs. I'm not sure if you can deal with more than one format. I haven't explored that in much detail.

I've only used the solution for about two months at this point. It hasn't been that long just yet. It's still very new to me and I'm still feeling it out.

API Management
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Boomi, Microsoft, Google and others in API Management. Updated: July 2022.
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the product is good. There is no doubt about it. That said, there are different scenarios for different situations for different companies. If you also queue it, you know when there is an end client. When it's sensitive data, if it's not there, if it's down, then it queues. That's quite helpful, actually.

I can't speak to the scalability. I'm not sure if I have scalability with this product.

The Boomi community is very good. They are very useful and insightful. It's a great place to get information and to ask questions.

We also have paid technical support. We can just call them and schedule a meeting and they'll be there for us. They are very helpful and responsive.

Overall, we are quite satisfied with the level of service we are provided. If we run into issues, we're covered.

This solution hasn't been implemented yet. I've just gone through training for the most part.

The pricing is comparable to other products. In fact, it was literally cheaper at that time, compared to other solutions we have such as MuleSoft or some other products we tried. The CSB was certainly cheaper at that time. I'm not sure of the exact numbers. We are paying extra for technical support as well.

What other advice do I have?

I haven't implemented it yet. I have the training. I've been part of it, however, it's not fully implemented.

I cannot recall which version of the solution it is. I may have studied on one that was three generations back.

Clients have to evaluate the solution for themselves according to their needs. That said, it's a good product. If they meet with Boomi, the company can explain the different capabilities. If it meets a company's requirements, I'd recommend it. Still, be sure to thoroughly discuss the product before buying it.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Senior architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Good integration and policy-setting capabilities, but not as many features as some competitors
  • "AtomSphere is tightly integrated into the Boomi iPaaS platform. And Boomi has been augmenting AtomSphere API Management for the past couple of years so version 2.0 is better than 1.0."
  • "Most of the basic functionality is there in Boomi, but APG is a more feature-rich solution."

What is most valuable?

AtomSphere is tightly integrated into the Boomi iPaaS platform. And Boomi has been augmenting AtomSphere API Management for the past couple of years so version 2.0 is better than 1.0. For example, in the later versions, they added several features and addressed AtomSphere's shortcomings in terms of proxying from Microservices on the API.

I've been using Boomi AtomSphere for a few years.

AtomSphere is stable and scalable.

Setting up Boomi AtomSphere is straightforward.

Boomi charges based on usage volume.

We provide several options depending on what our customers need. Overall, I would rate AtomSphere lower than solutions like APG or API Connect. APG gets the highest grade, followed by API Connect and AtomSphere. But some customers require Boomi for a specific use case, so if a customer wants some more basic functionality in an iPaaS solution, Boomi API Management works there. In addition, Boomi has a back-end iPaaS, so Boomi API Management can work in most cases. And Boomi AtomSphere is suitable if a customer needs certain policy management features for regulatory compliance because it's tightly coupled with the Boomi iPaaS. So most of the basic functionality is there in Boomi, but APG is a more feature-rich solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Boomi AtomSphere seven out of 10.  If customers are looking for an API management solution, I recommend Boomi. Dell just acquired Boomi, so they're overhauling AtomSphere API Management and aggressively adding more features. Also, Boomi recently entered the "Leaders" segment of the Gartner Quadrant.

Download our free API Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Boomi, Microsoft, Google, and more!
Updated: July 2022