IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

TeamViewer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TeamViewer is #1 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools and #2 ranked solution in top Remote Access tools. PeerSpot users give TeamViewer an average rating of 8 out of 10. TeamViewer is most commonly compared to TeamViewer Tensor: TeamViewer vs TeamViewer Tensor. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 26% of all views.
What is TeamViewer?

TeamViewer lets you connect to any PC or server around the world within a few seconds. Remote control a partners PC as if you were sitting in front of it. Available in over 30 languages, TeamViewer is one of the world's most popular providers of remote control and online meeting software. airbackup, a powerful cloud-based backup solution, and ITbrain, a valuable remote monitoring and IT asset tracking solution, complement TeamViewer's product portfolio.

Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

TeamViewer Customers

Porsche Informatik, Philips, DHL, Intel, Motorola, Microsoft, IBM, Siemens, Fujitsu, American Red Cross

TeamViewer Video

TeamViewer Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TeamViewer pricing:
  • "The price of the license could be less expensive."
  • "It would be nice if it is cheaper."
  • "TeamViewer's price is cheaper than some other similar solutions. We have licenses for our users."
  • "There is a free and paid version of this solution. I am currently using the free version."
  • TeamViewer Reviews

Devanand PR - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Support Executive at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
    Very helpful for tech support with good stability and scalability
    • "The product is quite stable. The performance is good."
    • "They should release features such as Augmented Reality into both plain and standard versions of TeamViewer."

What is our primary use case?

TeamViewer is for desktop support. It's for giving remote support to users. If I was a member of tech support, for example, I could access your desktop remotely to see your screen, keyboard and mouse. I'd be able to access it from anywhere in the world and I can control it just as if I was sitting in front of your system.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows for remote tech support that has the capability for us to see a user's screens. We can do this from anywhere in the world. We don't need to be in the room with a user to help them.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a very helpful tech support application. If you need help, the tech support can use the application to help you right on your desktop. They have these options of TeamViewer such as Augmented Reality so that you can draw on it and you can ease somebody into a process, or assist somebody in doing some actions. They can also integrate that into the Pilot TeamViewer. Right now, they use it as a separate thing. They originally introduced it under Microsoft Hello and it should be integrated into the TeamViewer Pilot version soon. The product is quite stable. The performance is good.  We've found that the scalability is excellent.

What needs improvement?

They should release features such as Augmented Reality into both plain and standard versions of TeamViewer. Nowadays, you have to wait for another release, or another product version while Augmented Reality features should just be integrated into the standard version of TeamViewer. The product could be less expensive. There are many similar products that are free these days.
    Remote Access
    May 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about TeamViewer, Microsoft, LogMeIn and others in Remote Access. Updated: May 2022.
    597,415 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for well over ten years. It's been more than a decade. I have a lot of experience with it.

The solution has very good stability. The performance and reliability are very high. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability of the solution is very good. A company shouldn't have any issues with scaling. Just the administrators, like myself, have access to the solution. Everybody else gets support through the product via us. We do plan to continue to use the service.

We've never actually reached out the technical support. I can't speak to their level of helpfulness or responsiveness when it comes to troubleshooting issues.

I have previously used TightVNC and UltraVNC. UltraVNC was one of my favorites. Most of the free open-source products are quite good.

The installation process is pretty plain and simple. It's not complex at all. A company shouldn't have any issues with the implementation. It's simple software to install. There is no cloud or anything. The ID is maintained by the cloud, however. When we install the product, it also creates a unique ID. That unique ID is maintained in the cloud maybe, however, we don't do anything with that as they maintain it. The ID is unique to your system. There is tech support application as well which is just small and easy. You just need to download it and it works for the one time whenever you want it. There isn't a need for dedicated maintenance. It's pretty simple to use.

There is a subscription option for licensing the product. The price could always be a bit less.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution at this time. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would rate the solution at an eight. We've been very happy with the solution over a number of years. It's always been helpful. I would recommend the solution, however, I'd be happier with the product overall if they could lower their prices.
    IT Supervisor at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
    Great for resolving issues remotely; very user friendly
    • "TeamViewer is a step ahead of solutions like, for example, AnyDesk."
    • "One thing I have noticed is that TeamViewer does not work so well when the machine you are trying to connect to remotely is not running the same version as your machine."

What is our primary use case?

I use TeamViewer for remote desktop support to resolve issues and queries. For example, when I, in Johannesburg, get a ticket from somebody in Cape Town, I will use TeamViewer to connect to their computer remotely.

What is most valuable?

I think TeamViewer's most valuable feature is that it is user friendly. Creating passwords is easy and so is security.

TeamViewer is a step ahead of solutions like, for example, AnyDesk. With AnyDesk, when you connect, if you didn't configure it to connect with your own password, you actually have to wait for somebody to accept your connection. With TeamViewer, you don't have to do that. As long as you've got your user ID as well as password, then you can just connect any time.

What needs improvement?

One thing I have noticed is that TeamViewer does not work so well when the machine you are trying to connect to remotely is not running the same version as your machine. It would also be great to be able to share a screen using TeamViewer like you would with Skype for Business.

I started using TeamViewer in 2014, so I have been using it for almost seven years.

TeamViewer is a very good product to use. The cost is not that high and there is a free version you can test out. If you are still new in the business, then you can use the free version indefinitely. If you are happy with it, then obviously you can update.

I would say it is easy to scale. At my company, I am the only one using it at the moment because I deal with the IT stuff. When I was working for an IT company, the whole department used TeamViewer to connect remotely to our client's machines.

I'm currently using TeamViewer on a daily basis but I never had issues with TeamViewer. Since I'm a senior level IT professional, when there is a problem with TeamViewer in my company, my colleagues usually escalate it to me.

Also, we acquired TeamViewer from a third-party, so we do not have direct access to TeamViewer's technical support.

The initial setup was simple for me because I am used to configuring much more complicated stuff. But, even someone who is not in IT can still use it.

I deployed the solution myself in less than 30 minutes. However, how difficult a deployment is depends on how many PCs it has to be installed on. Obviously if it's 10, then it's going to take longer, but if it's one PC, then it can be done in less than 15 minutes.

It does require some maintenance when it comes to updates and making sure all your machines are running the same version.

I think the price is reasonable. When a company develops software, they are creating a product. The purpose is to help people and also to make money. With this in mind, TeamViewer has a good price because you can still use it well without running into any issues.

You can get a trial version but you cannot use it for free forever. If you are using the free version, you will have some limitations.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I can give to users looking into this product is, do not buy a license at first. Start with a free trial. However, you will need a license to access some advanced features.

Remote Access
    May 2022
    597,415 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Unemployed
    Feature-rich, stable, and good support, but not a collaborative tool and requires a client to be installed for remote support
    • "It is fairly feature-rich and stable."
    • "I didn't like the fact that you had to install a client for remote support. If you didn't install the client, you were very limited in terms of what you could do. For a whole enterprise, it is just not an easy task to install a client on everything. Even if you're using SCCM, it is an undertaking. For transient clients that you don't necessarily support a hundred percent of the time, it would be nice to be able to connect to them and support their issues without having to install something on their machines. In my previous company, we were looking at this solution as being a collaborative tool for the enterprise in terms of video conferencing, calling, and scheduling. They were working on bringing a bunch of products together to make their suite a little more integrated, but it really wasn't at the point where we wanted it to be in terms of integration. We looked at it, reviewed it, and tested it out a bit. We then decided to go with Microsoft Teams. It has the clunkiness of having separate modules that aren't totally integrated. There are different methods for doing different things, which makes it a little bit more complicated. There should be the same way whether you are doing remote support or just calls."

What is our primary use case?

It is generally used for remote control for remote support.

What is most valuable?

It is fairly feature-rich and stable.

What needs improvement?

In my previous company, we were looking at this solution as being a collaborative tool for the enterprise in terms of video conferencing, calling, and scheduling. They were working on bringing a bunch of products together to make their suite a little more integrated, but it really wasn't at the point where we wanted it to be in terms of integration. We looked at it, reviewed it, and tested it out a bit. We then decided to go with Microsoft Teams.

It has the clunkiness of having separate modules that aren't totally integrated. There are different methods for doing different things, which makes it a little bit more complicated. There should be the same way whether you are doing remote support or just calls.

I have used it on and off for a number of years.

It has always been really stable.

I believe it is scalable, but the caveat is installing the client.

In one of the organizations, we used it for a health system, and we were supporting 16 hospitals. More recently, I used it in a small engineering architecture firm, and we supported a couple of hundred people through six different offices.

Their tech support is really good. They were always very helpful. I would give them a ten out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

If you're going to go with TeamViewer, I would recommend going all-in on their suite of tools instead of trying to do a hybrid model because you always get into trouble with hybrid models for collaboration tools. I believe that integration is the key. The fewer tools you have out there, the less you have to support. Your infrastructure is also less complicated.

I would rate TeamViewer a seven out of ten.

Managing Director with 51-200 employees
    Simple implementation, free version available, and effective monitoring
    • "The solution is a very good tool for monitoring and for remote access. Anyone is able to use it, it is simple to use."

What is our primary use case?

We use TeamViewer for remote access and it can be used for meetings.

What is most valuable?

I have been using TeamViewer for approximately three years.

TeamViewer is stable and this is why many people use it.

I have not used technical support.

The initial setup for the personal version is easy. I do not have experience with the enterprise version. It most likely will be very easy too. You only need to set it up on your system and there's no need for integration. However, if you have to implement the enterprise version, I think you would need an integrator to be able to complete it.

We did the implementation ourselves.

There is a free version that has limitations, such as the time of the session with be terminated after a set timeframe. If you buy the license, it's a very good tool for monitoring and for remote access. There are a number of functions you can do with it. When you have virtual teams and they are across remote areas, it provides a means of collaboration. That's why it is very good.

There are many other options available, such as PCAnywhere. Many of the larger and multinational companies deploy these types of solutions.

The price of the license could be less expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using the full version of the solution. Other companies use it for the management of all the application deployments. If my organization gets larger then we hopefully will have the full version. It is a good tool.

I recommend TeamViewer to a lot of people. Sometimes if I have to do a job for someone and it's remote, I ask the customer if they have TeamViewer or PCAnywhere. If they do not have one of them I ask them to download it and they will use the trial version. I then can help them with the problem they are facing. As time goes on, people will start to realize the fact that they need to make it official for them to earn a lot of revenue from it.

I rate TeamViewer a nine out of ten.

Chinthaka Kannangara - PeerSpot reviewer
      Network System Engineer at VSIS
      User-friendly with a good interface and excellent for remote access
      • "It's a user-friendly product."
      • "They could give more information about using certain kinds of applications for secure transactions, such as secure file transfers."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for getting remote desktop connectivity and file sharing. We can access the remote desktop or remote laptop by entering the unique ID from the remote device.

What is most valuable?

It is very beneficial if you are unable to access a device physically. For example, if you want to troubleshoot a remote end device, or if you want to access any file in it, you can do so from afar. It's great, especially for people who are handling remote devices that have less IT knowledge. We can guide them to install small applications and open up the connectivity to us. We can do our work remotely and assist them as required.

The solution is quite stable.

The user interface is good.

It's a user-friendly product.

What needs improvement?

They could give more information about using certain kinds of applications for secure transactions, such as secure file transfers.

They can increase their user base and offer it to more people who will start those applications for commercial purposes. I didn't see their marketing material or promotional documents or promoting advertisements.

Likely they have more features. They could advertise or promote more about what they offer and what they can do for new and existing users.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Personally, I didn't feel there are any security issues with it.

I don't have experience with scalability. I'm not using it for commercial purposes, only for personal activities. I do not plan to increase usage in the future.

I've never contacted technical support. I've never had any difficulties with the product. It's practically issue-free.

I previously used AnyDesk software.

It is a small application that we can install on our computer or laptop.

The initial setup is straightforward. You just download it and with a few clicks, it is installed.

I don't use the commercial version. The version I use is free.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution a nine out of ten. I am very satisfied with the overall capabilities of the solution. I'm happy with it.

Chief Building Inspector at a government with 201-500 employees
      Stable, easy to deploy, and very useful for remote inspections
      • "The pilot feature is what stands out the most. I love the ability to use the pilot feature for remote inspections. The augmented portion of the software comes in handy when I have to assist my inspectors. They use the app in the field, and they show me what they're seeing through their phones."
      • "I can use up to three computers, but sometimes I have four. So, it would be nice to have at least four computers."

What is our primary use case?

I mostly use it for remote access to my three computers. I also use it for a pilot when I'm speaking to my inspectors out in the field.

It is a subscription, so we have the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The pilot feature is what stands out the most. I love the ability to use the pilot feature for remote inspections. The augmented portion of the software comes in handy when I have to assist my inspectors. They use the app in the field, and they show me what they're seeing through their phones.

What needs improvement?

Its pricing can be improved. It would be nice if it is cheaper.

There is a limitation on the number of participants you can have in a meeting. That's the only reason I use Zoom in addition to this.

I have been using it for a year. I use it every day.

It is stable.

There is a limit on the number of people who can attend a meeting. Currently, I use Zoom for our pre-construction meetings because I can have up to 25 people. I would like to use TeamViewer, but I can't have everybody participate at the same time. Zoom allows me to have more people.

I used them once when I was trying to get my prescription renewed. Before TeamViewer, they had Blizz. When they phased Blizz out to something else, there was an issue in transferring or going from one subscription to another, but we got through it.

Before TeamViewer, they had Blizz. I was using Blizz.

It was pretty easy.

It would be nice if it is cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to have a deep pocket. Other than that, it is a great product.

I would rate TeamViewer a 10 out of 10.

Project Manager at SOLUZIONE SRL
      Easy to use, scalable, and responsive technical support
      • "The most important feature of TeamViewer is its ease of use."
      • "The installation and the update agent could improve."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use TeamViewer for support.

How has it helped my organization?

I can use TeamViewer on my client's systems. I install the TeamViewer on the office system and with this, I can connect with the server and PC client, and I am free to work when I need to on the client's system.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature of TeamViewer is its ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The installation and the update agent could improve.

I have been using TeamViewer for approximately five out of ten.

TeamViewer has been stable in my usage.

I have found TeamViewer to be scalable.

I have approximately three users that use this solution in my organization. We do not have plans to increase usage.

When we needed some support, we receive a very quick response.

We previously used LogMeIn. We switched to TeamViewer because of costs.

The installation is fine but with some versions, it can be complex. The whole implementation takes 50 minutes.

We have two people that do the support and maintenance of this solution.

We have evaluated the ROI when we started with this remote assistance solution but I don't have exactly the ROI or value.

What other advice do I have?

I suggest to others that are looking to implement a service is to evaluate exactly how many connections they need that will fit their needs.

I rate TeamViewer an eight out of ten.

Software Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      User friendly, security options available, and good performance during remote sessions
      • "I have found the solution to be user-friendly even for beginners. It is not that sophisticated. There are different types of security features available, such as encryption and random machine ID."
      • "There is a paid version of this solution with more features available. However, they should provide more free features to the user, such as factor authentication."

What is our primary use case?

We use TeamViewer for remotely managing desktops. If a user is facing difficulties or has some technical problems we can easily connect to their system to troubleshoot the issue for a resolution. There is no need to attend to their location.

What is most valuable?

I have found the solution to be user-friendly even for beginners. It is not that sophisticated. There are different types of security features available, such as encryption and random machine ID.

What needs improvement?

There is a paid version of this solution with more features available. However, they should provide more free features to the user, such as factor authentication.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is very stable and there is not a lot of delay in performance during a remote session.

We have approximately 20 people using this solution in my organization.

I have previously used Microsoft Windows built-in remote desktop.

The installation is very easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others this is the best solution for administrators or IT personnel. You do not require very much knowledge on how to use it. You will be able to use all the features because it is user-friendly.

I rate TeamViewer a nine out of ten.

Download our free Remote Access Report and find out what your peers are saying about TeamViewer, Microsoft, LogMeIn, and more!
      Updated: May 2022