Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Talend Data Management Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Talend Data Management Platform is #20 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give Talend Data Management Platform an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Talend Data Management Platform is most commonly compared to IBM InfoSphere DataStage: Talend Data Management Platform vs IBM InfoSphere DataStage. Talend Data Management Platform is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Talend Data Management Platform?
Talend offers robust data integration in an open and scalable architecture to maximize its value to your business. Simple, graphical tools and wizards get you up and running quickly with native code generation that streamlines development.

Talend Data Management Platform was previously known as Talend Integration Suite.

Talend Data Management Platform Customers
Accent Group, Acticall, Allianz Global Investors Distributors LLC, Car & Boat Media, Cdiscount.com
Talend Data Management Platform Video

Talend Data Management Platform Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Talend Data Management Platform pricing:
"The price is on a per-user basis. It's a little more expensive than other tools. There aren't any additional costs beyond the standard licensing fee."

Talend Data Management Platform Reviews

Managing Partner at Vertiv
Allows us to capture large volumes of data from multiple sources and load it to the data lake
  • "The most valuable feature is the data loading and scripting language"
  • "I think they should drive toward AI and machine learning. They could include a machine-learning algorithm for the deduplication."

What is our primary use case?

We use Talend for the ETL tool data integration. We're using Talend with Spark to capture large volumes of data from multiple sources and load it to the data lake. We're using version 12.

We deploy it in our organization and to our client through AWS as a cloud provider.

We have one IT consultant and 180 people in different technologies, particularly in the data integration side. At least 50% of them know Talend, and some of them know Ab Initio or Informatica.

We may increase usage, but there are more tools coming up in this space, like Kafka real-time integration. Other data integration capabilities are coming up.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped us extract data from various sources and load it into the data lake for our client as a large regional bank.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the data loading and scripting language. Talend graphs are more user-friendly for developing, modifying, and embedding in business logic.

What needs improvement?

There are some glitches, but mostly they'll fix the ongoing feedback we give to the product guys. However, there could be more enhancements. They're bringing deduplication capabilities to Talend.

I think they should drive toward AI and machine learning. They could include a machine-learning algorithm for the deduplication.

Data Integration Tools
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Talend, Microsoft, Informatica and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: September 2022.
634,590 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's stable.

It's scalable.

Technical support is average. I would rate them 3.5 out of 5.

Installation is straightforward. Deployment only takes a couple of days – maybe a day or two with the infrastructure side. For implementation, you have to write a code in order to get the data.

Deployment can be done in-house if you have dealt with a lot of ETL tools that are integration tools.

The licensing compared with IBM tools is like 50%.

We evaluated Informatica and Ab Initio. We chose Talend because of the data capabilities. It's a better tool for our requirements.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Christopher Hafer - PeerSpot reviewer
Integration Engineer II at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees
Comprehensive, highly scalable, and easy to use
  • "I like everything about this product, but the biggest thing is the ease of use."
  • "I've had some issues with bugs causing crashes, especially when making changes to the system or with the monthly upgrades to Studio they've introduced."

What is our primary use case?

My main use of this solution is application integration.

What is most valuable?

I like everything about this product, but the biggest thing is the ease of use. I also like the ability to have files between Linux missions.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement would be that securing the product can be challenging because there are multiple ways to secure everything. If they offered a secured version or sample, that would be a big improvement.

I've been using this solution for around ten years. I use it myself and have trained others in how to use it.

I've had some issues with bugs causing crashes, especially when making changes to the system or with the monthly upgrades to Studio they've introduced. However, the stability is great when you scale up to more users or more data.

Currently, scaling is more effective with the cloud version, where you can get into the data fabric and have access to more power.

I've had no problems with tech support - they're willing to work with me as an advanced user to figure out solutions.

Talend is scaled much lower in cost than Informatica.

What other advice do I have?

Talend is getting ready to drop SVN as a code repository in version 8 going forward, so you have to convert anybody who's using SVN to switch over to GIT (on which it runs much faster). I understand it isn't easy to get people who are experienced in this product, so you should go through the training on their website as there are a lot of nuances in this product that you may miss otherwise. I would rate this solution as ten out of ten.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Talend, Microsoft, Informatica, and more!
Updated: September 2022