We primarily use the solution for small applications. There are also a few web applications with Angular.
Google Cloud is the #5 ranked solution in top Infrastructure as a Service Clouds and #7 ranked solution in PaaS Services. PeerSpot users give Google Cloud an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Google Cloud is most commonly compared to Oracle Cloud Platform: Google Cloud vs Oracle Cloud Platform. Google Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a manufacturing company, accounting for 18% of all views.
Google Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Google Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Infrastructure as a Service Clouds (IaaS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023
What is Google Cloud?
Google Cloud is an Infrastructure as a Service Cloud (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution that provides infrastructure tools and services for building applications on top of a public cloud computing platform. As one of the leading global infrastructures, this product allows users to securely manage enterprise data, receive valuable insights, and store documents. Google Cloud provides its various services through tools and services for data warehousing, security key enforcement, application programming interface (API) management, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML).
The use cases of Google Cloud can be divided into four main categories:
- Big data
The solution is utilized by organizations of all sizes and industries, as it is suitable for the following purposes:
Running and building applications: Google Cloud lets businesses run and build their applications anywhere because of its commitment to open-source, hybrid, and multi-cloud. This can accelerate development time as businesses avoid vendor lock-in.
Data insight: Google Cloud provides companies with advanced ML and analytics for their data. This can facilitate business decisions and improve work processes, as every team member can have access to data reports via this solution.
Security: Utilizing Google's technology, this solution helps users protect and defend their data and applications against threats and harmful activities.
- Team collaboration: Google Cloud offers companies advanced collaboration features. They can integrate email, chat, video calling, and document collaboration all in one place when using this platform.
Google Cloud Features
Google Cloud offers multiple features for its clients. Some of these include:
Big data features: The solution offers full big data services through tools such as BigQuery and Google Cloud Dataflow. These tools allow users to process large data queries as well as create, monitor, and receive reports from data processing pipelines.
Containers: The solution offers containers, which allow users to speed up deployment and scale applications.
Cloud debugger: This feature allows users to debug code during the production process. In this way, businesses are able to locate issues early in the code and fix them before deploying the application.
Cloud save: This feature provides the ability to synchronize cloud-stored data across all devices an organization is supporting. Through it, users can save and retrieve information and maintain all data copies up to date.
Cloud trace: This Google Cloud feature allows users to detect the reasons for performance bottlenecks and fix the issues. It also provides users with information on the time their product takes to process certain requests, allowing them to follow performance more closely.
Hosting features: The solution offers two hosting options. App Engine is the PaaS of Google Cloud and Computes Engine is their IaaS.
Load balancing: This feature balances the traffic of multiple compute instances across various geographic regions.
- Maintenance: Users receive frequent insight into the performance of their applications and through automations, Google Cloud lets them know of any issues that need to be fixed.
Google Cloud Benefits
Google Cloud brings various benefits to its users. Some of these include the following:
- The pricing model of Google Cloud allows users to pay only for the selected features and tools they wish to use, which saves their organizations money.
- Users can rely on accelerated content delivery through Google Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- Google Cloud offers a wide variety of tools and libraries, which assist users in the development of cloud applications.
- The tool has an advanced admin control that allows users to easily add or remove new users and maintain the security of business platforms.
- Google Cloud offers consulting services whereby experts provide assistance with cloud strategy development.
- The platform is updated on a frequent basis, which can increase companies' productivity through consistent innovations.
- Google Cloud offers remote access from anywhere at all times via Google's web applications.
- The solution reduces the risks of data breaches as it offers minimal storage of offline data.
- Users can expect support not only from the platform but from the growing online community as well, where their questions can be answered in a timely manner.
- The product provides detailed documentation for its clients, allowing them to benefit from tutorials and other samples, in order to learn to work with it in the most efficient way.
Reviews from Real Users
Isuru P., an assistant vice president at a tech services company, likes Google Cloud because it is easy to deploy next-generation applications using it.
An IT solutions consultant at a tech services company rates Google Cloud highly because they find the solution stable with a good user experience and a straightforward setup.
Google Cloud Video
Google Cloud Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Google Cloud pricing:
Google Cloud Reviews
Infrastructure as a Service Clouds (IaaS)
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Alibaba, Linode and others in Infrastructure as a Service Clouds (IaaS). Updated: January 2023.
672,785 professionals have used our research since 2012.