ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management is the #3 ranked solution in top Project Portfolio Management tools and #6 ranked solution in top Enterprise Agile Planning Tools. PeerSpot users give ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure DevOps: ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management vs Microsoft Azure DevOps. ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 16% of all views.
ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management Buyer's Guide

Download the ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management?

ServiceNow provides us an integratd platform that manages both IT Operations as well as the Delivery lifecycle. ... It also, creates the necessary insights to make better business decisions from.

ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management was previously known as IT Business Management, ServiceNow IT Business Management Suite, ServiceNow ITBM Suite, ServiceNow ITBM.

ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management Customers
Proximus, UNT SYSTEM, SAP SuccessFactors
ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management Video

Archived ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management Reviews (more than two years old)

reviewer1331706 - PeerSpot reviewer
I&T Design & Execution Reliability Engineering Leader at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scalable, could improve dashboards and visualization
  • "Stable and scalable solution."
  • "Dashboard interface is limited functionally and not very user friendly"

What is our primary use case?

In our company we use this solution on a daily basis as an administration application for reporting, where you can assign incident tickets or trade tickets and the relevant department uses it for follow up on problems or changes that have occurred. I use it to create reports that show our teams where the issues are, what's going well and what can be improved. My colleagues use it from a workflow perspective.

We have different organizations with a centralized help desk that will lock calls into groups of 20 or 30 people. We have a team that builds and customizes it and then we have all kinds of managers that pull out reports. Finally, we have numerous end users working on their own products. We also have external parties that provide services that use this application to work on incident problems and changes.

We are a customer of ServiceNow. I'm in IT design and work as an execution reliability engineer at a financial institution in the Netherlands.

What needs improvement?

One of the key areas important to me is the reporting side. The dashboard interface is limited functionally and is not very user friendly or particularly intuitive so that, for example, if you want to combine or correlate incidents with relevant changes for a report, it's not easily done and makes reporting difficult. It's a gap in the solution. What I do now is take the data from ServiceNow and put it in Power BI for visualizing and for combining data analysis because ServiceNow doesn't give me that option. Also, the performance on the test boarding in my view is quite slow - every time that you change something in the automatic report, your interaction in building the dashboards is really horrible.

For additional features, I think we are now implementing our own chat bot, so they should do a lot more on visualization. I would prefer to have a really nice interface into Power BI if their test board is not up to it.

I've been using this solution for a few years.

Sometimes things are slow but it's a stable solution.

e.g. when making an Report, the response from the system is slow, compared to other products.

- for some actions like approving /submitting an change or problem, it takes several seconds before it finalize the action. This might be related to the database setup, and internal verification/calculation. But the action itsels seems straightforard, and should not take long to submit a record.

- other examples are the api, interface is not fast enought to be used when more than eg 30000 records are retrieved, the api request will most likely timeout. and some Paginating is necessary.

ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Scalability is quite good, we probably have a couple of thousand users.

We don't need the technical support because we have an internal team that assists when necessary.

The solution is provided to us, we didn't do the setup so I'm not sure about how difficult it was. I assume it's not difficult. I'm a user of the product, and we're on a development operational organization model. The product is managed externally and the service provided to us.

What other advice do I have?

It's a workflow thing so I guess one of the most important things is to really think about your requirements and your process flow because you need to customize to use it out of the box and match your work flow.

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.

Manish Rajora - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Manager at IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
User-friendly and easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. They are using it for project management, control management, and change management. Our customers work in a variety of industries.

How has it helped my organization?

The feedback we have received is that our customers have found it to be very useful.

What is most valuable?

The interface is extremely user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some artificial intelligence incorporated into the management functions.

The initial setup is complex and should be simplified.

This is a stable solution.

It is easy to scale. In our last deployment, there were approximately 1,000 users.

We are working with multiple products at the moment.

The initial setup is complex, especially when you are implementing it for multiple branches. It normally takes a few days to deploy.

I handle the deployment for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management
November 2022
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PradeepPandey - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Technology Officer at a renewables & environment company with 11-50 employees
Quite an extensive solution that's stable and easy to use
  • "The solution was quite easy to use. The interface was quite user-friendly, and I've become quite familiar with it."
  • "The only issue for us is the pricing. It’s quite high in comparison with the competition."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for project management. At a previous company, I was working as a project manager for them, so I had used ServiceNow previously.

We have developed several mobile applications using end to IUSN technology.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite extensive, and I’ve only used the sections related to project management. I’m not sure if it was lacking any features. For me, it had everything I needed. I’ve never experienced any technical issues at all.

I’ve used the solution for more than a year, however, I stopped using the solution about six months ago.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability of the solution is excellent. If I had to, I’d rate it nine out of ten. We currently have eight to ten people working no the solution, including myself.

I’ve contacted technical support and have been satisfied with their level of services. I like them. They’re quite good.

I’ve previously used Salesforce for some project management tasks as well as customer lead management. Both tools are very good. I’ve also used Bitrix, Jira and Zoho in the past when I was in India. Now I’m based in The Netherlands.

The initial setup was quite easy. It’s almost similar to setting up a Facebook account. It’s not difficult like other solutions. There is a lot of media that you can use to help your team deploy into the system. Deployment is rather quick and takes about 40 to 45 minutes to set up in total.

I deployed the solution myself with the help of our team.

I’m not a business owner, so I can’t speak to the pricing. I’m not sure if it’s expensive or not because I haven’t taken the time to compare pricing. However, it’s my understanding that it is a bit pricer than other options on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We used the cloud deployment model as opposed to the on-premises model. We used the public cloud and use Microsoft’s cloud with Azure.

I’m a CTO and I have about 10-12 years of technical background. I’ve been a developer before, but over the past year I’ve moved into project management and our company is developing software for the energy sector. We may use this solution for that company going forward, although we aren’t using it right now.

I’m comfortable using both Salesforce and ServiceNow. I find ServiceNow easier to use in comparison, but Salesforce also has a good interface.

We have eight to ten people on the team working with the solution. We were working on a user based project, so there were 10 people to include in the design and then one person was there to develop the Java export and another one for running data for basic export.

I’d recommend the solution. I’d rate it nine out of ten. I’d rate it higher if it wasn’t so costly as a solution. Feature-wise it’s very good and unique compared to Salesforce and other business management software.

IT Project Manager at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Has a handy ticket creation system and is stable
  • "The program is stable."
  • "The interface isn't user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for incident management.

What is most valuable?

The presentation feature was valuable to our company. And the ticket creation system is handy because it is customizable.

What needs improvement?

The program isn't very user-friendly, as it is rather difficult to use. However, it could be the way it was configured in the company I worked for, so I cannot be sure because I don't have any other references.

I have been using ServiceNow IT Business for two years now.

The program is stable.

I did not have any support for the use of the software so I needed to teach myself how to use it. So I don't have any experience with their customer service and support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this program an eight out of ten, just because of the configuration. My main issue was the interface but I assume that it was because of the way the program was configured. It was not really user-friendly. There were a lot of things on my screen that was a little bit complicated. But I would still recommend this product to others looking to implement it.

Bruno-Pires - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Governance Senior Consultant at Axianseu Digital Solutions S.A.
Excellent solution for portfolio management that's user-friendly and easy to setup
  • "The interface is user-friendly. It's one of the most user-friendly on the market, and the most complete."
  • "The cost could be improved. The solution is quite pricey."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for project and portfolio management.

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution for portfolio management and to manage all the projects that you have with the client. It's easy to manage all the resources in projects as well as all the costs involved.

What needs improvement?

The cost could be improved. The solution is quite pricey.

The solution should have the capacity to integrate with the latest promotion of MES projects. Right now it's not working so well.

I've been using the solution for 20 years.

The solution is very stable. The availability of service is 99.9% at the moment. It's very, very, good.

The solution is very scalable.

I've worked with the technical support team of ServiceNow many times. In the market, it's one of the best support teams I have dealt with.  I worked with BMC, CA and other solutions as well and this solution offers a faster response for MEA issues. Others take much longer to respond. Resolving issues with them is very fast.

We looked at CA technologies, which were acquired by Broadcom, specifically CAPPM. Gardner had recorded that CAPPM was the leader in the market, but at the moment ServiceNow is more complete and more user-friendly.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's easy to implement. An average deployment takes about two months. CAPPM, in comparison, would take about four months.

All the processes of project management have to be very well defined. When these requirements aren't defined, we have to approach that first before we can implement the solution. It's very important for the success of deployment.

Compared to CA, ServiceNow is more expensive. When you pay for your licensing, you must also pay for an SLA.

What other advice do I have?

We use the hybrid cloud deployment model. We're integrators for the solution.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Service Desk and Prediction Manager at a consultancy with 5,001-10,000 employees
An extensive solution that offers excellent incident and change management features
  • "The solution offers a lot of opportunities for integrations. We can integrate with Slack, Azure, all the API alternatives, etc. There's a lot of integration modules provided."
  • "The timing reporting module, and how it's used is a bit difficult to understand. Everything related to project management is quite extensive. It needs to be simplified. At first, our users didn't want to use it, because it seems a bit complex."

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, when we had incidents, we couldn't discover where a bug was coming from. Now, if we have an incident, we attach it to an application, and when we look at the application, we know the specific development machine, and we know that it's on specific hardware, as well as where this hardware is located on a specific data center. We know everything about the network connection, so it's easier to find issues. We now have good visibility of our entire information system.

When we change something in production, somewhere, we now can easily understand the risks we are taking. We know if this application is dependent on another. The visibility, the risk, and whether we want to do the change during the day, or overnight, for example, becomes very clear.

What is most valuable?

The CMDB, and the database of assets that we are using are the most valuable. After that, we really enjoy the incident management, and change management features.

The solution offers a lot of opportunities for integrations. We can integrate with Slack,

What needs improvement?

Everything related to project management is quite extensive. It needs to be simplified. At first, our users didn't want to use it, because it seems a bit complex.

I've been using the solution for 1.5 years.

The stability is very good. It's transparent. We don't know how they manage to get the system up and running, every hour, every day, but we have an availability of 99.98. If I remember correctly, regarding the performance, we've never had any problems. It's a large cloud service; I don't know what they do from the back office, but it's always working.

I don't deal directly with their technical support. We have a dedicated team to handle everything related to ServiceNow, so if I ever have some problem or something to ask, I'll ask the team at our company.

What other advice do I have?

We use a sort-of a public cloud deployment model. The way ServiceNow works is, it's never public or private. It's kind of public, but you have your own server on the data center, however, you don't know how they're managing it. It's public, but it's not really public, it's hosted privately.

One big takeaway for us is that you need to be able to change the users. The product is complex, so you have to help the user by providing some training, or to have them watch some videos of how it works. It's really about change management and user training. The product is quite complex to understand, and even if you know ITIO, you will need to do some training on the application; it's far too complex to understand otherwise.

It's an application that does everything you want, it's just that you don't know that you can do it because it offers so many things. It does have good documentation, however, which is quite useful. The solution is still new to us, and we are learning more every day.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Download our free ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022