IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SAS Marketing Automation OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAS Marketing Automation is #7 ranked solution in top Marketing Automation tools. PeerSpot users give SAS Marketing Automation an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. SAS Marketing Automation is most commonly compared to Salesforce Marketing Cloud: SAS Marketing Automation vs Salesforce Marketing Cloud. SAS Marketing Automation is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the Marketing Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is SAS Marketing Automation?

SAS Marketing Automation lets you get more campaigns out the door in an automated, trackable and highly repeatable fashion. You can quickly define target segments, prioritize selection rules, select communication channels, schedule and execute campaigns, analyze campaign results and easily make adjustments to improve future campaign performance.

SAS Marketing Automation was previously known as SAS Campaign Management.

SAS Marketing Automation Customers

Staples

SAS Marketing Automation Video

SAS Marketing Automation Reviews

Trini Olivan - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Data Manager at Liberty Seguros, Compania de Seguros y Reaseguros, S.A.
It's good at visualizing large amounts of data
  • "SAP Marketing Automation is user-friendly. The interface is nice and clear. You can see the different diagrams and define various filters and targets. You can also export the customer information you collect to make the campaign. It's easy to understand how this information is entered. There are also a lot of platforms that show the results of campaigns. You can customize your data and define different reports, but SAS also provides a standard report."
  • "You need to buy connectors to integrate Marketing Automation with various suppliers. For example, if I want to see the data through Power BI, I need a connector to see the data directly. Otherwise, you need to do everything manually. You have to download information from SAS and then save a text file, and then I can import it into Power BI. I would like Marketing Automation to have this native functionality without the need to pay more for connectors."

What is our primary use case?

SAS Marketing Automation is a data analytics platform. I have a data analytics background, and this is my actual role. SAS has a lot of capacities to work with massive amounts of data.

What is most valuable?

SAP Marketing Automation is user-friendly. The interface is nice and clear. You can see the different diagrams and define various filters and targets. You can also export the customer information you collect to make the campaign.

It's easy to understand how this information is entered. There are also a lot of platforms that show the results of campaigns. You can customize your data and define different reports, but SAS also provides a standard report.

What needs improvement?

You need to buy connectors to integrate Marketing Automation with various suppliers. For example, if I want to see the data through Power BI, I need a connector to see the data directly. Otherwise, you need to do everything manually. You have to download information from SAS and then save a text file, and then I can import it into Power BI. I would like Marketing Automation to have this native functionality without the need to pay more for connectors.

I've been working with SAS Marketing Automation as a marketing user for eight years. In the past two or three years, I've been an implementation consultant working with people from SAS and clients. I work with the IT team and users at client companies as a consultant.

Marketing Automation
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, Salesforce, Adobe and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Sometimes SAS Marketing Automation has bugs, but the last time it happened was years ago.

Setting up SAS Marketing Automation can be complex for big projects because it involves a lot of people across multiple teams, like IT, architecture, and privacy. We need to verify if the project is in compliance with the DPO, and the IT security team must ensure that the servers are okay and the data is locked down. In maybe three or four months, we can do these kinds of projects better, but many people to verify that everything is okay.

We work closely with the team in Spain, and we have been considering whether to switch platforms. In the past few weeks, we have been comparing SAS to other vendors. The solutions are very similar on paper, but I think the price of Marketing Automation is better.  It's not easy because they are very similar.

If we consult the Gartner diagram, SAS and Salesforce are very close. They are similar from a marketing point of view, but I think the IT department prefers SAS. The version that we are using now is a bit outdated, so we want to upgrade to a new version of SAS or switch to another vendor.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAS Marketing Automation eight out of 10.

Download our free Marketing Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAS, Salesforce, Adobe, and more!
Updated: July 2022