Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is the #28 ranked solution in top Cloud Management tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is most commonly compared to VMware Aria Operations: Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control vs VMware Aria Operations. Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control?

Oracle Enterprise Manager is Oracle's integrated enterprise information technology (IT) management product line, which provides the industry's only complete, integrated, and business-driven enterprise cloud management solution. Oracle Enterprise Manager creates business value for IT by leveraging the built-in management capabilities of the Oracle stack for traditional and cloud environments, enabling customers to achieve unprecedented efficiency gains while dramatically increasing service levels.

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Customers

Grupo Aeromexico SAB de CV, Grupo Arcor, Australian Finance Group Ltd., Cerner Corp., Bimbo S.A. de C.V., Kovaion Consulting India Pvt. Ltd., Shelf Drilling Ltd., Sascar, Banca Transilvania, UL

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Video

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control pricing:
"Our customer uses Oracle Universal Credits to pay for their license on an annual basis. The price is definitely affordable."

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Reviews

Business Development Manager at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Good monitoring capabilities and reporting, but support for more applications would be helpful
  • "The dashboard and reporting help us to do preventative AI and analytics to detect performance bottlenecks."
  • "The only negative thing about this product is that it doesn't support all environments or all applications."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. Our primary use case was to change the infrastructure for one of our clients. They were moving SAP from an on-premise deployment to this one.

How has it helped my organization?

SAP is a high-performance application, and we are able to use Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control to monitor and prevent bottlenecks.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The only negative thing about this product is that it doesn't support all environments or all applications. It does support most but there are limitations around applications and monitoring.

I would like to see an expansion of the functionality into other products. This includes smaller products, like monitoring applications for MySQL or even smaller Oracle databases. It does support Oracle very well but in the smaller databases, they should increase functionality. Improving the detail of the databases that it can monitor would also be helpful.

Cloud Management
December 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, VMware, Apache and others in Cloud Management. Updated: December 2022.
655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We first implemented Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control approximately a year ago.

This is a very stable solution

This product is very much scalable.

The technical support from Oracle is very good.

The initial setup is easy because you just have to deploy an agent. However, I did not install it myself.

The hardware is installed on-premises but it is a cloud device. This is what's called a Cloud@Customer. It's a private cloud infrastructure but can also join up with the public cloud.

It took us approximately one month to deploy.

We deployed this product with our in-house team, although it was a collaboration with Oracle. We dealt with Oracle telephonically because our team was in South Africa.

Only one person from our team was required for deployment. Also for maintenance, only one person is needed.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product but of course, there is room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Akin Temel - PeerSpot reviewer
Database Manager at Gantek
Reliable with good monitoring and alert capabilities
  • "The solution is reliable."
  • "They need to simplify it and make it lighter."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for monitoring the Oracle Database and extra data.

What is most valuable?

The peer format tuning is very useful for our clients. If they want to check the monitoring for peer formats and SQL cyber tuning, et cetera, they can. In traction sites also, if they want to check it out. If they have a hardware problem, they get some notification for any hardware error. You can configure between notification for mail and confirmation for mail to send to the customer. If there is a problem, for example, some memory problem, they sent an email. And they can check the monitoring on the cluster side. If they see if there is a problem and they have any action, they give can provide an action plan. The monitoring tool is great.

The solution is reliable.

What needs improvement?

There are enough features, however, they could add an SQL flag. They have no MongoDB or other databases. It would be ideal if they offered plugins for those.

The initial setup is a bit complex.

In general, the product is complex. They need to simplify it and make it lighter.

The performance can be a bit slow.

I've been using this solution for a long time. it's been about 15 years now.

The solution offers a good amount of stability and reliability. It's good enough.

The initial setup is quite complex. It is not exactly simple. In terms of difficulty, I would rate it a four out of five.

The reason it is not easy to install is that you must install the database and the process of that. They also have no HA. The HA architecture is very hard to install for an Enterprise Platform product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution an eight out of ten, even though it is a bit complex and really would be better if it was lighter and simpler.

Other