We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Oracle Database In-Memory OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Database In-Memory is #2 ranked solution in top Embedded Database Software and #12 ranked solution in top Relational Databases. PeerSpot users give Oracle Database In-Memory an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Database In-Memory is most commonly compared to SAP HANA: Oracle Database In-Memory vs SAP HANA. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Oracle Database In-Memory?

Oracle Database In-Memory transparently accelerates analytics by orders of magnitude while simultaneously speeding up mixed-workload OLTP. With Oracle Database In-Memory, users get immediate answers to business questions that previously took hours.

Oracle Database In-Memory delivers leading-edge in-memory performance without the need to restrict functionality, or accept compromises, complexity and risk. Deploying Oracle Database In-Memory with any existing Oracle Database compatible application is as easy as flipping a switch - no application changes are required. Oracle Database In-Memory is fully integrated with the Oracle Database’s renowned scale-up, scale-out, storage tiering, availability, and security technologies making it the most industrialstrength offering on the market.

The ability to easily perform real-time data analysis together with real-time transaction processing on all existing applications enables organizations to transform into Real-Time Enterprises that quickly make data-driven decisions, respond instantly to customer demands, and continuously optimize all key processes.

For more information on Oracle Database In-Memory, visit Oracle.com

Oracle Database In-Memory Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle Database In-Memory Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Oracle Database In-Memory Customers
Shanghai Customs
Oracle Database In-Memory Video

Oracle Database In-Memory Reviews

JongGun Shin
Oracle ACE, DBA at Goodus,inc
User friendly with a good interface but very expensive
  • "The application development is very user-friendly."
  • "The pricing could be improved. It would ideal if it was more reasonable."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an email database.

What is most valuable?

Overall, it's a very good solution.

The application development is very user-friendly.

The SQL is great in Oracle. If you use other databases, you often have to find another syntax and develop in other languages.

The user interface is great.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved. It would ideal if it was more reasonable.

The design isn't that great. It's kind-of buggy and doesn't seem to cater to the Korean market.

There seems to be issues relating to migration. It's difficult to migrate off of it if you need to.

I've probably been using the solution for about a decade. It's been about ten years now.

The stability has caused us some issues. We've dealt with bugs in the past. It's not flawless.

The scalability is pretty decent. We've had clients that have scaled in the past, however, they didn't use Oracle to do so. That said, I believe it scales.

We don't have contract-level technical support. In the past, we've used MOS support at oracle.com. It was just for a service request. They utilize more of an open-source system and it relies on open-source technical knowledge. It would be more helpful if Oracle could directly answer our queries. However, that's just not the case.

We've found another similar solution called Ignite that we are looking at implementing.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's nearly always a cloud environment, which makes things fairly easy. Everything is already set up for the most part. Companies that want to utilize In-Memory just need to work with the existing cloud infrastructure.

The product is quite expensive. Organizations should be prepared for a rather high price tag. Our clients may end up moving to an open-source option to lower costs.

What other advice do I have?

We're Oracle partners. We've been partners with Oracle for a long time.

Our IT department first changed from on-premises to cloud. Our clients seem to like a hybrid deployment model. Now they are considering looking for other solutions that may not be as expensive or may even be open-source.

I'm not really a database expert. My understanding is that some customers want to make a product from the portal website using the In-Memory DB. Others tend to want to migrate from an Oracle In-Memory database to another email database. It's difficult when users want to migrate off of Oracle or simply to another Oracle solution. They tend to run into a lot of issues. Personally, this solution wouldn't be my top choice, as it makes things difficult.

There are a lot of alternative email database solutions. I'd just advise other companies to take a look at the options to see which would work best for their use case.

That said, while we migrated to another solution, it's still a pretty good tool, and issues just seem to arise if you are migrating.

Overall, I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If the pricing was more reasonable, and the migration was easier, I'd rate it higher.

Hybrid Cloud
Paulo Martins
Technical Leader at European Commission
Has the ability to support large amounts of data once the architecture is in place
  • "The scalability of the solution is very good. It's able to support large amounts of data."
  • "Technical support is below our expectations currently. It could be improved."

What is most valuable?

The stability of the platform is the most valuable feature. The solution can support large amounts of data once the architecture is in place.

What needs improvement?

The solution could benefit from AI improvements.

Technical support could be improved.

The usability of the solution could be better. They should make it easier in terms of system administration and for getting examples of statistics from the databases. An interface or dashboard for statistics would be better. Right now, we're using cloud controls to do that, but it's not good enough.

I've used this solution for the past five months and was an Oracle Database administrator from 2000 to 2005.

The database is very stable.

Technical support is below our expectations currently. It could be improved.

The solution was already in place when I began to work for the company. I don't know if they previously used a different solution or not.

We have ULA agreements with commission in place with Oracle. The pricing is okay for now.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model in the virtualization environment.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If technical support was better and usability was improved, I'd rate it higher. It's the best solution on the market right now, but it's more for big data. For us, it's the best solution we can get for our specific needs.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle Database In-Memory vs. SAP HANA and other solutions. Updated: January 2022.
563,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Paresh Nayak
Oracle Cloud Infra Architect at Sterlite Technologies Ltd
Has improved database performance and has fast caching

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of this solution are: Fast caching Improved database performance

What needs improvement?

They should lower the price. My customers think that it's too expensive.

We have been using it for the last two to three years.

It requires a lot of resources, man power, and DB power, to make it stable.

It is scalable.

The initial setup is complex. They want to achieve what Oracle is offering. Oracle offers everything under one umbrella inn one offering. Whereas if I go for PostgreSQL I have to buy a small component separately from a third-party vendor. …

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of this solution are:

• Fast caching
  • Improved database performance

What needs improvement?

They should lower the price. My customers think that it's too expensive.

We have been using it for the last two to three years.

It requires a lot of resources, man power, and DB power, to make it stable.

It is scalable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend In-Memory because it is a robust and scalable RDBMS. We are able to achieve high availability.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

They should improve the licensing cost.