IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Analytics Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Analytics Cloud is #5 ranked solution in top Data Visualization tools and #8 ranked solution in top Business Intelligence Tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Analytics Cloud an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Analytics Cloud is most commonly compared to Oracle OBIEE: Oracle Analytics Cloud vs Oracle OBIEE. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 44% of all views.
What is Oracle Analytics Cloud?

Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is a single strategic platform that meets your needs for speed and scale at the same time it accommodates your users and their requirements. It fits into your environment, helping you do as much of your analysis as possible in the cloud, at the same time it offers easy access to any source so you make the best use of all your data no matter where it is. It provides a variety of options for intelligent analysis without being overwhelming to deploy and manage, making it an effective way to engage more people in analysis and extend your organization's expertise. A complete, connected, and collaborative choice, Oracle Analytics Cloud makes it easy for you to capitalize on cloud analytics today and in the future.

Oracle Analytics Cloud was previously known as Oracle Analytics Cloud Service, OAC, Oracle Data Visualization, Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service, ODV.

Download the Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

Oracle Analytics Cloud Customers

Sejong Hospital

Oracle Analytics Cloud Video

Oracle Analytics Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Analytics Cloud pricing:
"The price is reasonable; it's quite a bit lower than Tableau and Spotfire."

Oracle Analytics Cloud Reviews

Dennis Kevogo - PeerSpot reviewer
Data Leader at Smart Applicatins International Limited
Simple to set up and user-friendly but very expensive
  • "The solution can scale."
  • "They could improve the ease of developing the dashboard and interacting with it."

What is most valuable?

It's rather user-friendly. The solution can scale. The stability is good. It's easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

The cost factor needs to be improved. When you want to scale up and improve the computing power, it becomes extremely costly.  They could improve the ease of developing the dashboard and interacting with it. They can also improve, quite critically, the user interface. It's not as intuitive as Qlik Sense. There should be improvements in Auto ML, automated machine learning, and, if possible, even robotics process automation.

I've used Oracle Analytics Cloud for two years now. The company has been using it for close to five or six years now.

It's quite stable and quite sustainable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze.
Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: May 2022.
599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.

While you can scale, it can get expensive. When you want to scale it up, you eat resources in terms of computing power, storage, querying, and everything else. It becomes very expensive. While It's possible to scale anytime upwards or downwards, the cost factor becomes an impediment.

While technical support is quite good, it's slow. We need to raise a ticket. After that, it can take up to two to three or four hours for them to respond. For Qlik Sense, in contrast, it's just direct. We just call them or we just email them or even Whatsapp them, and they will immediately respond, set up a call, and that's it. They solve it.

We also are familiar with Qlik Sense. For Qlik Sense, we are proceeding to be ISA partners and have used it for six months.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not overly complex. The deployment itself took about a year. We have two people that are available to maintain the solution.

We handled the implementation completely in-house, without the assistance of any integrators or consultants.

The pricing could be a bit lower. it's a bit expensive right now, especially as you scale up. We pay $50,000 on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

We are an ISA partner. We are using the latest version of the product. If there is a simpler, faster, or cheaper solution, then a company should go for it. Look at the Gartner Quadrant, as, clearly, Oracle is not yet a leader. We have Microsoft, we have Qlik Sense. If a company can factor in other solutions first, it's best. The key advantage of Oracle is, that once you've got your account, at least you have access to the autonomous data warehouse and you have access to automated machine learning, (AutoML) and so on and so forth. Beyond that, it's just so expensive. I wouldn't advocate for somebody to go for it. I'd rate the solution a six out of ten.

Private Cloud
Eric Brosseau - PeerSpot reviewer
Independent Consultant - Oracle BI Applications at Desjardins
Complete product with excellent stability and scalability with no downtime
  • "It's really an enterprise solution. It has a dashboard, like standard dashboarding functionality. It also has reporting capabilities for producing pixel-perfect reports, bursting large volumes of a document if you need to. It has interactive data discovery functionality, which you would use to explore your data, bring your own data, and merge it with maybe the data from an enterprise data warehouse to get new insights from the pre-existing data. It has machine learning embedded in the solution. If you're new to machine learning, it's a really good way to get into it, because it's all within this platform, and it's really easy to use."
  • "As with most BI tools, the visualizations can be made much nicer. Currently, it has standard visualizations. They've been adding new visualizations, but we see animated visualizations from other vendors. It would be nice to have similar visualizations, such as the swarming visualizations, which are fairly new and very popular at the moment. I haven't seen that with Oracle. That would be nice."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

As with most BI tools, the visualizations can be made much nicer. Currently, it has standard visualizations. They've been adding new visualizations, but we see animated visualizations from other vendors. It would be nice to have similar visualizations, such as the swarming visualizations, which are fairly new and very popular at the moment. I haven't seen that with Oracle. That would be nice.

I have been using this solution for about a year. We are using the most current version.

I find the stability of this solution excellent. I haven't encountered any problems, but that would be my expectation.

It's excellent. Its scalability is really what makes it stand out. You can on the fly increase the processing capacity of your instance for as long as you need it and then bring it back to whatever minimum setting you had. It's done on the fly with no downtime. That is very impressive. I love this.

It's very easy to set up. It's extremely easy because it's in the cloud. You spin up your instance, which takes two minutes. You can also natively connect to an autonomous data warehouse.

I've given some thought to Power BI because it's so widely used, but my area of expertise is really around or has always been around Oracle. So, it was more of a natural choice for me.

What other advice do I have?

It really has everything that I want and need. It's very easy.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten. It would be nice to see swarming kind of visualizations. Other than that, it's a complete product.

Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
May 2022
599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Managing Partner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Very easily customized; scalable and stable
  • "The product is easily customized."
  • "The interfaces could be improved and some in-memory operations could be built in."

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use Analytics Cloud, they are always E-Business Suite customers. The product is generally used for transactional data because for EBS there is no discovery support. We build Analytics on-premise or on cloud and use E-Business Suite for financials and logistics. All reports are developed using Oracle Analytics aside from the principal ones or standard reports coming from inside E-Business Suite. We generally work with enterprise size companies that use various analytics and reporting tools, not just Oracle Analytics. I'm a managing partner in a consulting firm and we are customers of Oracle.

What is most valuable?

We use Analytics because we have a model for it which can be easily customized. Implementation time can be reduced because of this.

What needs improvement?

The interfaces could be improved and some in-memory operations could be built into Oracle Analytics. We try to supply those kinds of things using database capabilities. Oracle removed things like cookies in its integration and that caused problems with SSL. I sent the reporting EDS which required a lot of work. It was more integrated with EDS, but now it's more standalone and it bothers me because it requires additional work when customers want to upgrade. Previously, that wasn't necessary so I think those kinds of things can be improved.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The product is stable.

The product can be distributed so it's scalable. Our largest customer is a telecommunications company that has almost 10,000 users.

We are okay on support so we don't need to use Oracle technical support much.

I've used Tableau and I like it. Reports are very fast and I like their interfaces and things can be inherited from or inspired from the other tools.

Installation takes two or three days if you install on-premise, it's the customer's choice whether it's installed on cloud or on-prem. The time-consuming thing is analyzing the reports and building a report for it. We have five engineers who deal with our projects. Our technical personnel are all engineers.

There is a paid license that is required and then the customer pays us for customization.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

GauravSingh1 - PeerSpot reviewer
Vice President Credit Risk Management at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good dashboards and reporting, secure, and the machine learning enablement is helpful
  • "The AI/ML enablement is useful, as many reporting tools do not offer machine learning models as of now, without writing customized code."
  • "At this time, dataflows cannot be shared, but I think that this should be enhanced."

What is our primary use case?

This product is used for reporting and visualization.

We are not using the latest version but rather, one version back.

What is most valuable?

From a financial or bank perspective, this product is secure enough.

The dashboards, analytics, visualizations, and different reports are valuable for business analytics.

The AI/ML enablement is useful, as many reporting tools do not offer machine learning models as of now, without writing customized code.

What needs improvement?

This product does not support custom charts in the visualization.

At this time, dataflows cannot be shared, but I think that this should be enhanced.

There are a couple of other limitations. For example, many reporting tools offer good features and oracle should learn from that.

There should be tool tech enhancements.

We have been using Oracle Analytics Cloud for approximately three years.

This is a stable solution and we plan to continue using it for at least another year.

I believe that this is a scalable product.

We have been in contact with Oracle technical support and we are satisfied with it.

I have worked with many reporting tools including SAS Visual AnalyticsSpotfire, and Activu.

There was no specific reason for switching to Oracle Analytics Cloud. This was a decision driven by the priorities of the moment.

The time required for deployment is almost an hour.

Deployment requires a small team of people. One from admin, another from the development team, and one more.

Trinh Pham - PeerSpot reviewer
Delivery Manager at Sift Ag
Allows users to easily drag and drop data and decide what to measure and what to see in the reports
  • "The specific capability I find important in Oracle Analytics Cloud is that it allows the basic user to easily drag and drop data. I also like that the solution allows the user to decide what to measure and what to see in the reports."
  • "Oracle Analytics Cloud is lacking in charts. They should add more charts to it."

What is our primary use case?

We've selected Oracle Analytics Cloud as our visualization tool, and its use case is for visualization, particularly because we already have an ERP system, and we also have a lot of data across different functions, for example, in finance and sales.

What is most valuable?

The specific capability I find important in Oracle Analytics Cloud is that it allows the basic user to easily drag and drop data. I also like that the solution allows the user to decide what to measure and what to see in the reports.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Analytics Cloud is lacking in charts. They should add more charts to it.

I've been using Oracle Analytics Cloud for almost one year.

Oracle Analytics Cloud is a stable solution. It has good stability.

Oracle Analytics Cloud is a scalable solution.

I'm only using the web portal and my computer, so I'm unable to comment on whether the setup or deployment of Oracle Analytics Cloud is straightforward or complex.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using Oracle technology: Oracle Analytics Cloud. It's a cloud subscription, so it doesn't have a software version. The solution is deployed on a private cloud.

Fifty people are using Oracle Analytics Cloud within my company, and they are in the financial and sales departments. The solution is used across the company.

My rating for Oracle Analytics Cloud is nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
GauravSingh1 - PeerSpot reviewer
Stable, reasonably-priced, good support, and the BAS and narrate features work well
  • "The features that I find to be the most valuable are the BAS (Business Analytics), the Narrate feature, and the auto-visualization."
  • "Sharing dataflows is not possible at this time, and the custom chart functionality is not available."

What is our primary use case?

I am a software designer and a part of the technical team and we create the dataflows for the end-user.

What is most valuable?

The features that I find to be the most valuable are the BAS (Business Analytics), the Narrate feature, and the auto-visualization.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see making abbreviations as per the user's needs.

Oracle Analytics Cloud is stable.

It's a scalable product.

The technical support that we are getting from Oracle is pretty good.

Previously, I worked with Tableau, Spotfire, and SAS VA. Tableau and Spotfire are a little advanced when comparing with OACs (Oracle Analytics Cloud). The customizations and making the licenses to suit your needs is pretty easy.

The price is reasonable; it's quite a bit lower than Tableau and Spotfire.

What other advice do I have?

Depending on the needs of business to business, but as far a visualizations are concerned, this is a good product. Anyone can update for Business Intelligence.

I would rate Oracle Analytics Cloud an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Ganim Altıok - PeerSpot reviewer
BI Architect at Smart Mind
Reseller
A stable and scalable solution which is fast, accurate and has excellent tech support, but the price could be lower and the dashboards more interactive
  • "A valuable feature is the speed of the solution."
  • "The solution could be more flexible."
  • "The price of the solution could be lower."

What is most valuable?

A valuable feature is the speed of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more flexible. I faced issues with user level security administration and maintaining variables.

The price of the solution could be lower.

The dashboards should be more interactive.

I have been using Oracle Analytics Cloud for two-and-a-half or three years.

The solution is super stable.

The solution is very scalable.

Technical support is very fast and accurate.

Prior to Oracle Analytics Cloud I worked with Oracle Business Intelligence on-premises, MicroStrategy and Tableau.

As I only worked with Oracle Analytics Cloud, I cannot say which product is preferable.

The initial setup is super easy.

The solution could be more cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

Our customers consist of enterprise companies.

My advice to others is that they start with the solution as soon as possible. They should initially start small and go from there.

I rate Oracle Analytics Cloud as a seven out of ten.

NishaBhujang - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Director at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Great solution with a reliable support service and scalable application

What needs improvement?

This solution could be more adaptable in its application.

We have used this solution for one year.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

The customer service and support for this solution is good.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is not that well known by clients but is a great product to use.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: May 2022