Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is #25 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give NETSCOUT nGeniusONE an average rating of 5.0 out of 10. NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is most commonly compared to Gigamon: NETSCOUT nGeniusONE vs Gigamon. NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is NETSCOUT nGeniusONE?
The nGenius Real-Time Monitor software provides you with tools to monitor and display information about your network both historically and in real time. The nGenius Real-Time Monitor software allows you to understand your current network usage and to plan for future needs. It also allows you to proactively troubleshoot problem areas in your network.

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE was previously known as NETSCOUT nGenius, nGeniusONE.

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Customers
Cerner Corporation
NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Video

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NETSCOUT nGeniusONE pricing:
"I rate the price of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE a four out of five."

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Reviews

Dawid Van Der Merwe - PeerSpot reviewer
Sales Engineer | Technical Sales | Pre-Sales at SUSE
Has the ability to give insight into assigning the problem, with relevant information, to the correct team
  • "The ability of the dashboards is useful for discover, mapping and understanding of application behaviour."
  • "The initial deployment is tedious and requires a lot of build, deployment and configuration time. Experience is key to a successful deployment."

What is our primary use case?

This solution has been implemented at banks and retailers to focus on network-based application performance management.

Aligning the solution with a visibility layer (taps, aggregation taps, and packet brokers - Ixia and Cubro), NMs system (Sintrex) we were able to deliver information relating to various applications and their behaviour.

Creating an environment where you triage a problem quickly and provide valuable information allows for improved MTTR.

This allows for a cross-silo approach, enhanced visibility, which enhances IT to better service the business.

How has it helped my organization?

We have partnered with Netscout over many years with various solutions - TruView, nGeniusOne, Infinistream, XG, etc.

With the focus on customer-defined applications and triggers we have been able to provide important information to clients regarding their application performance.

It has played an integral part in providing valuable information in a critical arena.

The ability to use pre-defined applications and configure client-specific applications allows for a comprehensive solution that enables all teams within the IT organization.

What is most valuable?

The combination of triggers with the ability to generate alarms.

The ability to define client-specific applications.

If required, you can view up to a millisecond of what the behavior of the application is.

The ability to give insight into assigning the problem, with relevant information, to the correct team.

Detailed reporting that can be built with various perspectives and metrics.

Various dashboards can be built to service various applications or security teams.

What needs improvement?

It is critical to work with the network team to understand how the data flows across the estate to ensure that you tap, aggregate, de-capsulate, de-crypt, and de-duplicate correctly.

From these points, you need to ensure that the logical strategy and configuration suits the correct reporting and visibility as to ensure that you get the most out of any potential logical context.

It is also important to ensure that you spend time to understand the applications you want to profile and work with the application owners to ensure that everything is aligned correctly.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about NETSCOUT, SolarWinds, Riverbed and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using this solution at multiple clients for many years.

In general, the stability is good, but we have had one or two incidents where specialized support was required.

The solution can scale in most directions, bandwidth, hardware, virtual taps, etc.

We have a good relationship with the vendor. They are always willing to help, but due to the complexity of the environment solving problems can take some time.

We have previously made use of nMetrics, Spyke and older versions of the Netscout product range and still make use of ExtraHop Reveal (x).

We do however try to fit the need of the customer to the best solution and the vendor they prefer.

Initial setup and configuration is complex and tedious and requires a methodical approach with experienced engineers.

For complex implementations, we rely on the vendor for more support.

The return on investment is directly linked to the deployment, configuration, and management of the solution.

If you make it a priority, you will experience good ROI.

It is important to spread the cost across the various IT silos as this solution works as an umbrella to provide information to all teams.

Try to target major aggregation points in your network to deliver the best potential data to the solution. You can from that point start to target specific areas to resolve specific issues or gain particular insight into certain areas.

Do not forget applications traverse North-South as well as East-West and in layers of those. Think about your typical WAN breakout, Layer 2 connections, Virtualized environments, and servers supported by back-to-back connections (eg. web server supported by DB server, with a direct connection).

Sintrex Flow Module, ExtraHop Reveal (x) - the reason we went with nGeniusOne was because the client has that they require a specific solutiion that NetScout answers, already deployed other Netscout solutions or that they had a specific function in mind (eg. InfiniStream tagging)

What other advice do I have?

It is always important to understand the problems you are trying to solve, what insight you are trying to gain and that this is a solution for the business, not just a specific IT silo or team.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We make use of the NetScout platforms to help solve customer problems.
Soap Chen - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Effective risk discovery, high availability, and simple implementation
  • "The most valuable feature of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is it helps customer to understand what risks are in their network. For example, if a customer has some wrong configurations. It could cost them some critical services to slow down."
  • "NETSCOUT nGeniusONE can improve the detection of what area of the infrastructure could be having an issue, such as an application, server, or network. It needs to find evidence of a fault."

What is our primary use case?

The use case depends on the use case of the customer. For example, service providers will check the subscriber control plan or maybe the user input. However, banking customers might use it for their internet banking service.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is it helps customer to understand what risks are in their network. For example, if a customer has some wrong configurations. It could cost them some critical services to slow down.

What needs improvement?

I have been using NETSCOUT nGeniusONE for approximately 10 years.

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is stable.

The scalability of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE can be good but it depends on the customer's budget.

In my company, we have 12 people using the solutions.

Most of the support agents are good.

The initial setup of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE for enterprise is simple. It only takes one to two hours to complete. However, the time for the implementation can increase depending on the use case of the customer. For example, there are some proprietary customer applications or they have special network designs. We need to receive more information from customers to discuss it with them to decide how we can fine-tune the system.

For a service provider, it will be more complicated because in one total solution they will combine five or more NETSCOUT solutions inside.

For some customers, we need to work with them to receive many parts, such as some applications, which we will need to speak to the applications team. Additionally, there could be some services we need to monitor in the database, and in this case, we have to contact their database team.

We require more than two people for the deployment and maintenance of the solution.

My clients have received a return on investments and have expanded.

I rate the price of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE a four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is if you need a solution to monitor your critical events or critical service based on an IP environment, then you must use this kind of solution

I rate NETSCOUT nGeniusONE a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
September 2022
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Product specialist Network Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Security Solutions at a construction company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easy to set up and easy to use with good technical support
  • "The installation process is straightforward."
  • "The solution could do more for security. It should offer more security-related features."

What is our primary use case?

Most of the time, the use case is if, for example, the network is slow or an application is slow and you don't know why, and you need something to look for the root cause of the problem. With NETSCOUT, it's very easy to check where the problem is located. You can uncover if it is in the network or the application or the server.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use and easy to pinpoint where the problems are if ever something is slow.

Most of the time the customers are complaining that the system is slow and you need to know why something is slow. It will give you insight into the underlying issue, which is very helpful.

The installation process is straightforward.

Technical support is very good.

What needs improvement?

We have had NETSCOUT for a long time. In the past, it was part of Fluke Networks, and then Fluke Networks was bought by NETSCOUT. Then, we were working together with NETSCOUT,  acting as a reseller for NETSCOUT solutions. We have been working with them for more than 10 years and of course before that, with Fluke Networks.

Technical support has been good. They do not need to improve it. We've been satisfied with the level of service on offer.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. I found the process to be very simple.

What other advice do I have?

It's a hybrid solution. You can use both cloud and on-premises deployment models.

We are not the users of this solution. Rather, we are the reseller. We are a local reseller for these kinds of products within Belgium. We also have a company in the Netherlands, it's for the Benelux region. We have customers in Benelux and we are acting as a reseller and we sell the solutions and the support which we do ourselves. For me personally, I'm located in Belgium. I handle the Belgium market and Luxembourg, however, I have colleagues in the Netherlands and they do the Netherlands market.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've been pretty pleased with its capabilities overall.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Hybrid Cloud
IT Engineer at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Decent stability but overly complex

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is the monitoring of network devices, security devices, servers, and so on.

What needs improvement?

There is a need to reduce the complexity of this solution.

The stability of this product is ok.

Technical support for this product has been ok, with no issues.

The initial setup was complex, and deployment took around six months.

I used consultants for deployment.

What other advice do I have?

This product is suitable for high-level enterprises, but I would not recommend it for small-to-medium enterprises. I would rate this solution as five out of ten.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about NETSCOUT, SolarWinds, Riverbed, and more!
Updated: September 2022