NETSCOUT nGeniusONE OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is the #42 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give NETSCOUT nGeniusONE an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is most commonly compared to Gigamon: NETSCOUT nGeniusONE vs Gigamon. NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is NETSCOUT nGeniusONE?
The nGenius Real-Time Monitor software provides you with tools to monitor and display information about your network both historically and in real time. The nGenius Real-Time Monitor software allows you to understand your current network usage and to plan for future needs. It also allows you to proactively troubleshoot problem areas in your network.

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE was previously known as NETSCOUT nGenius, nGeniusONE.

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Customers
Cerner Corporation
NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Video

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NETSCOUT nGeniusONE pricing:
  • "The price is only for acquisition; it's not a licence."
  • "I rate the price of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE a four out of five."
  • NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Reviews

Specialized Engineering Services at Netcontroll
    We can very easily solve the issue or try to find the error
    • "The product is very good. We have very few problems."
    • "here is a big issue with the special way they use InfiniStream to store data."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution when our customers have problems with their databases or communications. We use it to look at packages and packets and verify the behaviour of the NOC, the server, and the traffic, looking for a pattern that might identify the issue and what's happening now.

How has it helped my organization?

We started using the product because our customers had some problems with the network. We made changes to the network and made it stable. However, the customer told us there were still some errors. Then the people from the database told us the problem was the network, not the database. The only way to verify it was the database and not the network was by putting a sniffer in it. And that's why we use NETSCOUT.

What is most valuable?

The new version of the solution is like a grid, onto which we can put traffic and graph its behaviour for a certain amount of time. We can then use the behaviour, from one or two hours or maybe seven days, or 30 days. Looking at the results, allows us to verify whether anything is wrong.

What needs improvement?

There is a big issue with the special way they use InfiniStream to store data. The InfiniStream has a certain capacity. So our customer centre asks why we don't store all the information that uses InfiniStream in Vblock or something like that. And NETSCOUT says that we need to store those data in a special way. And we use a special appliance called InfiniStream. So this kind of storage is not so big. For example, our customer has saved all the data, restored all the information, and backed it up elsewhere. For example, if something happened in the past month, we can see the package because the storage is a kind of FIFO. So we have a very limited space to see the previous days.

January 2023
    Find out what your peers are saying about NETSCOUT, SolarWinds, Riverbed and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
    672,785 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've been using this solution for about six years.

The product is very good. We have very few problems. And if we do have any issues,  NETSCOUT gives us very good support. They have the right engineers that know the issues. And if anything is wrong with a device, you get an RMA.

The solution is as scalable as we or our customer wish. But we don't plan to increase the usage for the moment because of the expense.

We have six people using the solution.

We currently need three guys to deploy the solution and one to maintain it.

Tech support is good. We don't have any problem with that. I opened one case, and they solved it.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup was complex because we needed to know the package's source and destination when we tried to monitor certain conversations. So when we are tracing something or trying to fix one issue or error, we need to know precisely how the communication is, where the sources and the destinations are, etc. So we need to talk with the person that develops the applications, the database, and the network. , we need to know specifically the part of the network the package is going through. With all this information and with NETSCOUT, we can very easily solve the issue or try to find the error, but for specific communication.

When we started with the customer, NETSCOUT directly supported us with the implementation. And after that, we were all on our own.

It took us six months to deploy the product.

I don't know exactly how the licencing works. I think it's about the ports from InfiniStream. For example, if you have five InfiniStreams, each InfiniStream has four ports, so I think you need to acquire a licence for 20 nodes.

We can get everything in a bundle. But the price is different if you acquire virtual InfiniStream or vSTREAM. But in the end, the price is only for acquisition; it's not a licence. The license is for the ports, one per InfiniStream.

What other advice do I have?

I advise anyone wanting to use the solution to have one completely dedicated engineer. Here in Mexico, we have one engineer who's essential in many things. When a company acquires NETSCOUT, they need specific people responsible only for that and not involved with anything else.

On a scale of one to 10, I would give NETSCOUT nGeniusONE nine.

Soap Chen - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr. Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    Effective risk discovery, high availability, and simple implementation
    • "The most valuable feature of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is it helps customer to understand what risks are in their network. For example, if a customer has some wrong configurations. It could cost them some critical services to slow down."
    • "NETSCOUT nGeniusONE can improve the detection of what area of the infrastructure could be having an issue, such as an application, server, or network. It needs to find evidence of a fault."

What is our primary use case?

The use case depends on the use case of the customer. For example, service providers will check the subscriber control plan or maybe the user input. However, banking customers might use it for their internet banking service.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is it helps customer to understand what risks are in their network. For example, if a customer has some wrong configurations. It could cost them some critical services to slow down.

What needs improvement?

I have been using NETSCOUT nGeniusONE for approximately 10 years.

NETSCOUT nGeniusONE is stable.

The scalability of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE can be good but it depends on the customer's budget.

In my company, we have 12 people using the solutions.

Most of the support agents are good.

The initial setup of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE for enterprise is simple. It only takes one to two hours to complete. However, the time for the implementation can increase depending on the use case of the customer. For example, there are some proprietary customer applications or they have special network designs. We need to receive more information from customers to discuss it with them to decide how we can fine-tune the system.

For a service provider, it will be more complicated because in one total solution they will combine five or more NETSCOUT solutions inside.

For some customers, we need to work with them to receive many parts, such as some applications, which we will need to speak to the applications team. Additionally, there could be some services we need to monitor in the database, and in this case, we have to contact their database team.

We require more than two people for the deployment and maintenance of the solution.

My clients have received a return on investments and have expanded.

I rate the price of NETSCOUT nGeniusONE a four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is if you need a solution to monitor your critical events or critical service based on an IP environment, then you must use this kind of solution

I rate NETSCOUT nGeniusONE a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
    January 2023
    672,785 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Product specialist Network Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Security Solutions at a construction company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Easy to set up and easy to use with good technical support
    • "The installation process is straightforward."
    • "The solution could do more for security. It should offer more security-related features."

What is our primary use case?

Most of the time, the use case is if, for example, the network is slow or an application is slow and you don't know why, and you need something to look for the root cause of the problem. With NETSCOUT, it's very easy to check where the problem is located. You can uncover if it is in the network or the application or the server.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use and easy to pinpoint where the problems are if ever something is slow.

Most of the time the customers are complaining that the system is slow and you need to know why something is slow. It will give you insight into the underlying issue, which is very helpful.

The installation process is straightforward.

Technical support is very good.

What needs improvement?

We have had NETSCOUT for a long time. In the past, it was part of Fluke Networks, and then Fluke Networks was bought by NETSCOUT. Then, we were working together with NETSCOUT,  acting as a reseller for NETSCOUT solutions. We have been working with them for more than 10 years and of course before that, with Fluke Networks.

Technical support has been good. They do not need to improve it. We've been satisfied with the level of service on offer.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. I found the process to be very simple.

What other advice do I have?

It's a hybrid solution. You can use both cloud and on-premises deployment models.

We are not the users of this solution. Rather, we are the reseller. We are a local reseller for these kinds of products within Belgium. We also have a company in the Netherlands, it's for the Benelux region. We have customers in Benelux and we are acting as a reseller and we sell the solutions and the support which we do ourselves. For me personally, I'm located in Belgium. I handle the Belgium market and Luxembourg, however, I have colleagues in the Netherlands and they do the Netherlands market.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've been pretty pleased with its capabilities overall.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Hybrid Cloud
    IT Engineer at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
    Decent stability but overly complex
    • "The stability of this product is ok."
    • "Initial setup was complex."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is the monitoring of network devices, security devices, servers, and so on.

What needs improvement?

There is a need to reduce the complexity of this solution.

The stability of this product is ok.

Technical support for this product has been ok, with no issues.

The initial setup was complex, and deployment took around six months.

I used consultants for deployment.

What other advice do I have?

This product is suitable for high-level enterprises, but I would not recommend it for small-to-medium enterprises. I would rate this solution as five out of ten.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about NETSCOUT, SolarWinds, Riverbed, and more!
    Updated: January 2023