Mimecast Mailbox Continuity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity is the #5 ranked solution in top Email Archiving tools. PeerSpot users give Mimecast Mailbox Continuity an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Mimecast Mailbox Continuity is most commonly compared to Google Vault: Mimecast Mailbox Continuity vs Google Vault. Mimecast Mailbox Continuity is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 49% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Email Archiving Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Mimecast Mailbox Continuity?

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity provides uninterrupted access to live and archive email using Outlook for Windows, the web and mobile applications.

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity Customers

DAC Beachcroft, OceanFirst, Currie & Brown, Alexander Forbes, Lagan Group, Lals Group, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service, Wedlake Bell, Macmillan Cancer Support, Bech-Bruun

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity Video

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity Reviews

Senior Email Engineer at a legal firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good anti-spam and large file sending capabilities, good training, and easy to set up
  • "The Large File Send feature comes in handy when you have to send fairly large attachments."
  • "Technical support has been slower than it was in the past, likely due to the pandemic."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product to journal our email. If there is a disaster, for example, and our primary and secondary data center goes down, we can turn it on for email continuity.

We don't take advantage of the archiving capability.

What is most valuable?

The two most valuable features are anti-spam and Large File Send. I know a lot of people that have Mimecast in front of Office 365 because it's a pretty good firewall in front of your email.

They provide training classes online, where you can review with an instructor.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Mimecast Mailbox Continuity for approximately five years.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Mimecast, Proofpoint, Barracuda Networks and others in Email Archiving. Updated: November 2022.
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It has been stable for the past couple of months, although last year wasn't too good because there were a couple of service interruptions. I think that it was related to some upgrades that they were doing.

With respect to scalability, we sometimes point to third-party solutions and it integrates pretty well with other products.

The technical support is pretty good. It changed recently, and I think that they're in the process of revamping it. I think that due to COVID, it is definitely taking longer for some things to be taken care of.

Prior to Mimecast, we were using Symantec MessageLabs. The support that we were getting from Symantec was not good. The problem with Symantec products is that they start well, but eventually, they are not good enough.

The initial setup is easy and the process is informative.

Besides the online classes that are available, there's someone that will guide you through a good part of the setup as far as getting everything in place and migrated, so they make it pretty easy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is to test it out, although it's always good to look at other vendors, too. Mimecast is pretty good, even if you're on Office 365.

This is a product that is definitely needed today.

Ashish Dubey - PeerSpot reviewer
Lead Security Analyst at SecurityHQ
A great solution for monitoring emails with a valuable URL protection feature
  • "It has all the features required for distribution, such as the ability to mail."
  • "The solution is expensive in comparison to similar solutions."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the solution is for monitoring emails. It also flags and highlights suspicious and new emails. Overall, it protects from malicious emails within or outside of organizations. Mimecast Mailbox Community is an email gateway required for every organization, regardless of size.

What is most valuable?

The URL protection feature is valuable because it communicates all attachment-related activity and provides access to view the content of the message directly. Additionally, it can directly provide you with the content of emails if you have been granted access.

What needs improvement?

The differentiation between bulk spam mail and campaign-related mail could be improved. Campaign-related activities are challenging to find in Mimecast Mailbox Continuity. For example, in an organization with a hundred people working for you, there will be approximately 100 email IDs. As a sender, if I want to spoof some people in the organization and hack their credentials, I need to identify targets for the phishing campaign. So I could use an email address to spoof a Microsoft page or create a fake page impersonating Microsoft to harvest credentials. By sending a hundred people a hundred emails with the same subject and same sender, with the same URL, this will easily be detected. So the second option is to spoof the sender every time by sending a hundred people a hundred URLs with similar subjects. In the second scenario, Mimecast Mailbox Continuity is not very good at detecting it.

We have been using this solution for approximately five months.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable because it works on cloud and accepts over a thousand emails daily, so the storage must be higher than other solutions.

I rate the customer service and support team a ten out of ten. We have only had to contact them once, and they were quick to resolve our issue.

The initial setup is easy compared to other environment configurations because you will have to install the same information into an Exchange Server. However, once it is integrated, it's easy to configure.

The solution is expensive in comparison to similar solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution a nine out of ten. My advice to users considering this tool is to explore everything. It has all the features required for distribution, such as the ability to mail. Explore every option available and check for tags.

November 2022
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Inside Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Gives businesses continuity; best suited for scaling in large and medium-sized enterprises
  • "Mimecast has some good support services in place."

How has it helped my organization?

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity helps companies continue to move. It allows them to continue to function and utilize email even if there's a downstream issue with your exchange server or online email server. If either of those goes down or offline for maintenance or any other purpose, users will still have access to their mailboxes and be able to send and receive emails. It gives companies business continuity.

What needs improvement?

I don't think it's ideally suited for maybe a smaller business environment, like, for example, for companies with less than 100 seats. They do have SMB packages, but I think from a complexity standpoint, it's better suited to medium to larger enterprises.

I would say it's scalable in large and medium-sized enterprises.

Mimecast has some good support services in place.

What other advice do I have?

A feature like Mimecast Mailbox Continuity is likely not something that people ask for but it is nice to have and well done. Continuity is normally sold as part of an email protection bundle, so I don't know if you can even get it separately.

Download our free Email Archiving Report and find out what your peers are saying about Mimecast, Proofpoint, Barracuda Networks, and more!
    Updated: November 2022