We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Marketo OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Marketo is #2 ranked solution in top Marketing Automation tools and #3 ranked solution in top Marketing Management tools. PeerSpot users give Marketo an average rating of 10 out of 10. Marketo is most commonly compared to Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Marketo vs Salesforce Marketing Cloud. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Marketo?

Marketo is an all-in-one marketing solution that was created by marketers for marketers. Founded in 2007, Marketo is branded as marketing software that is easy, powerful and complete.

Organizations have access to multiple marketing and sales tools when they use this solution, such as Marketing Automation, Consumer Engagement Marketing, Real-Time Personalization, and Marketing Management.

Download the Marketing Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Marketo Customers

Marketo has a customer base of thousands of companies, including Sony, Citrix, BrightTALK, Curves International, HootSuite, Hyundai, SanDisk, and Samsung Electronics.

Marketo Video

Marketo Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Marketo pricing:
  • "I'm not sure about the cost because I don't get into this aspect. Clients normally take care of that. I only know that it is costly, and I don't think there are any additional costs to the licensing."
  • "The licensing cost usually depends on the users."
  • "The solution is expensive compared to others."
  • "It is expensive. We have a yearly license."
  • Marketo Reviews

Manjunatha OK
    Marketo Consultant at Webtech software servies
    Helpful in converting leads to customers and has good integration with CRM
    • "It is a very user-friendly solution. I'm mainly working on Design Studio, which is useful for companies in tracking repeat users. The progressive proofing is also useful. It is not available in other solutions."
    • "I had an issue while integrating JavaScript with forms. When you embed JavaScript, you can either embed it in a landing page or some other self-contained management system like WordPress. Currently, it provides you access to CSS, where you can customize your form design, but there is no option for JavaScript modification for a particular form. This area needs to be improved where you can integrate JavaScript, and it has the JavaScript functions for that particular form. There are a lot of other areas of improvement. In the design area, they can give us more testing options instead of relying on email testing alone. It would be great if they can provide responsive testing where email clients can be tested within Marketo. It would be also helpful if they can implement some in-built options for users or forms for blocking a generic email ID such as Yahoo or Gmail. Similarly, it would be helpful to have JavaScript features and forms as well as the option to add Google analytics and a header and footer for the landing pages."

What is our primary use case?

Marketo is used for creating landing pages and sending email newsletters. It is mostly used for engaging the leads more and sending invitations and offers. There is also a program where region-wise, people get a notification whenever there is a new lead. I work with Salesforce integration with customs fields in the backend.

I mainly work on the entire thing, that is, from designing to coding to implementation. I have one or two members who provide support in designing assets just in case if I need support. I focus on the designing aspects through Design Studio of Marketo, where I plan for the design of the email that will get us more leads and fills ups of the forms. I also use it for tracking customers from social media such as Facebook, setting up UTM parameters, customizing forms, and customizing designs for the landing pages, emails, variables, etc.

I work on the latest as well as the earlier versions of this solution. Some of my clients are using the earlier versions, and some of them are using the latest version. Most of my clients are global enterprises, and it is deployed in the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

You can hold up to your leads and customers and send them offers. You can get the repeating leads. It has definitely been helpful in holding up the leads and converting them to customers.

What is most valuable?

It is a very user-friendly solution. I'm mainly working on Design Studio, which is useful for companies in tracking repeat users. The progressive proofing is also useful. It is not available in other solutions.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Marketo for eight years.

It is stable. The only issue is that it is slow because it has a lot of features. Other than that, it is a very stable automation process.

It is definitely scalable. After Adobe acquired it, they have scaled it and implemented a lot of features in it. It is definitely more scalable now. Most of my clients are global companies.

Their technical support gives you just the basic support. If you need more or in-depth information, you can approach the community. The community is great, and a lot of solutions are available in the community forum.

I used a lot of other solutions before using Marketo. MailChimp was the first product that I used. I then moved to ActiveCampaign and a lot of other solutions and started learning Marketo. I prefer working on Marketo because it has a lot of features and a lot of value for money. It is a niche solution, and many people will not get the opportunity to work on it.

Marketo differs from ActiveCampaign in terms of how it integrates with CRM such as Salesforce and how you create programs. It is very unique and different from ActiveCampaign. I would give a ten out of ten for Marketo and a three out of ten for ActiveCampaign.

The initial setup was mostly straightforward. You just need to know the steps and follow the procedure. It was easy for me because of my experience in working with a lot of projects. The deployment took a couple of hours. It was quick.

My clients have definitely seen a return on investments by using Marketo. Their product's growth has definitely increased.

I'm not sure about the cost because I don't get into this aspect. Clients normally take care of that. I only know that it is costly, and I don't think there are any additional costs to the licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. The confidence that I got from working on Marketo is tremendous. Many people do not get the opportunity to work on it. It is a very important solution for any developer where your competition is less, and you learn new things. You will not be able to get out without purchasing the software.

We plan to increase its usage. It is the most used automation software in global MNCs. The cost could be the only issue why some small companies move away to some other software, but considering the features it offers, it provides value for money.

I would rate Marketo a ten out of ten.

Founder at Kav Interactive
    Detailed email tracking that is stable and has good support
    • "The most valuable features are the Marketo emails, both sending and tracking."
    • "Its APIs need to be more flexible because there are some things that are not available in the API."

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers for different customers. We provide them with our services such as managing their campaigns, creating email templates, and lining page templates.

We are using this solution for email templates, API-based work, custom integrations, and campaign management.

We are also using it for live events, webinars, roadshows, and life cycle management as well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the Marketo emails, both sending and tracking.

Marketo provides detailed tracking. For example, it shows you who has clicked on which link, who has opened the email, and when it was received.

They are improving it and have launched a new version, called Micro Sky, and it seems very good.

What needs improvement?

Its APIs need to be more flexible because there are some things that are not available in the API. They should work in that area and improve it.

I have been using Marketo for approximately five years.

This solution is stable.

We have not yet scaled this solution. We have approximately five users in our organization who are using it.

We have approximately 2000 customers at this time.

Technical support is good.

We can call our technical support and we can open our case in the community.

The initial setup is straightforward and it is quick to deploy.

We have a team in our organization who install the service and the Marketo team to maintain this solution.

We get the log-in details, we set up a domain for the emails and pages. Then we set it up so that our emails are whitelisted.

The licensing cost usually depends on the users. There are different factors to it. For example, how much of a database do you need, and which features do you want to have enabled.

You can contact the customer relationship manager to provide you with the cost.

There are no additional costs for this solution.

We evaluated Pardot and HubSpot, but Marketo seems much better.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Marketo to others who are interested in using this solution.

I would rate this product a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Salesforce, SAP and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: January 2022.
    566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Digital Transformation specialist at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Useful features, drives sales, gives qualified leads, and reliable
    • "The smart campaign looks quite interesting and useful."
    • "Adobe, the parent company, needs to improve on getting more information published to allow users to educate themselves on how to use the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for marketing automation such as email marketing and lead aggregation.

What is most valuable?

The smart campaign looks quite interesting and useful. My experience is in sales, though we use Marketo for marketing it has more strength for sales. They have a very good lead force system when somebody views our website or clicks on something, I notice a strong interest. I am able to understand what is the customer is looking for and what is the feature, or function that they care about. This solution gives me a qualified lead, it will drive your sales even faster. This is the beauty I found out about Marketo.

What needs improvement?

Adobe, the parent company, needs to improve on getting more information published to allow users to educate themselves on how to use the solution. You cannot find much information about Marketo on the Adobe website. I had to Google around and go to websites to get familiar with the system.

For an upcoming release, the UI could improve.

I have been using the solution for four months.

We have not had any issues with the stability of the solution.

The solution has shown to be scalable. We have several users using the solution on a daily basis.

We did not have issues to use the support.

The maintenance of the solution is done internally.

The solution is expensive compared to others.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to sales I think this solution is more suitable but if you want a solution for marketing I believe Salesforce is better. Look at your companies culture, and into the teams to see which one has more influence, the sales, or the marketing team, then decide from there.

I rate Marketo an eight out of ten.

Smart Campaigns and other features form the backbone of our digital marketing operations

What is our primary use case?

With Marketo as the core strength, I have led numerous Marketing Automation projects from end to end. I have analyzed business requirements for MAP implementation, configured database setup, worked on SSL implementation, handled system integration, coded Email and Landing Page Templates, configured analytics setup, and led more than five hundred campaign projects.

How has it helped my organization?

Marketo is the backbone for our company's Digital Marketing operations.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Smart Campaigns. It is very easy to use and very powerful too.

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

Marketo is the backbone for our company's Digital Marketing operations.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Marketo should give more power to the users for data manipulation. Marketo sees data in terms of Leads and Campaigns, which is fine, but there are other perspectives of data too that can and should actually be utilized. I compare this to Adobe Campaign which allows the manipulation of data from different angles.

My organization uses Marketo since around 2013 - 2019, 6 years in total. I myself contributed since 2016, so that's around 3.5 years.

Very stable and solid.

Very scalable and easy to use.

They are very helpful and supportive, but at times I found some communication troubles.

SabinMindrut
    Head of Digital Marketing Operations at a marketing services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Stable and good for sending out emails

What is our primary use case?

We use it in our company, which is a market research company. In terms of the version, I don't think there are multiple versions, so it's the latest one that I have.

What is most valuable?

The main feature of Marketo is sending out emails, so that would be the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It could be more scalable.

I have been using this solution for six years.

So far, it looks stable.

It could be more scalable. Currently, 20 people are using it in my company. We are definitely going to expand its usage in the future.

Their…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It could be more scalable.

I have been using this solution for six years.

So far, it looks stable.

Their technical support is all right.

I was not a part of it, but from what I've heard, it was complex.

It is expensive. We have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to ask for expert services from an agency. I would rate Marketo an eight out of 10.

Download our free Marketing Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Salesforce, SAP, and more!