Marketo OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Marketo is the #4 ranked solution in top Marketing Automation tools and #5 ranked solution in top Marketing Management tools. PeerSpot users give Marketo an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Marketo is most commonly compared to Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Marketo vs Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Marketo is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Marketing Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Marketo?

Marketo is an all-in-one marketing solution that was created by marketers for marketers. Founded in 2007, Marketo is branded as marketing software that is easy, powerful and complete.

Organizations have access to multiple marketing and sales tools when they use this solution, such as Marketing Automation, Consumer Engagement Marketing, Real-Time Personalization, and Marketing Management.

Marketo Customers

Marketo has a customer base of thousands of companies, including Sony, Citrix, BrightTALK, Curves International, HootSuite, Hyundai, SanDisk, and Samsung Electronics.

Marketo Video

Marketo Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Marketo pricing:
  • "The initial pricing was excellent, but the pricing for renewals is not as good."
  • "The solution is expensive compared to others."
  • "It is expensive. We have a yearly license."
  • Marketo Reviews

MAP ETL Developer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Easy to set up campaigns, events, and objects
    • "The product has been stable."
    • "For the moment, we migrated some of our processes to Marketo and implemented them there. We had some difficulties related to this."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for a lot of activities, including market interaction and event interaction. Basically, campaign formation. Kyndryl is part of IBM. We have implemented it there and integrated it into a lot of applications. Our data is coming to the analytics database, and we get data from there transferred to Marketo.

What is most valuable?

The application was implemented on Juniper. Our data analytics were implemented using Xero business rules.

It's my understanding the initial setup was straightforward.

The product has been stable.

I understand the product is scalable as well.

The custom support is great, and it's easy to set up campaigns, events, and objects.

There are a lot of custom solutions from Marketo. It can be integrated well in various ways. Everything can be found in the solution.

What needs improvement?

For the moment, we migrated some of our processes to Marketo and implemented them there. We had some difficulties related to this. It was a new solution for us. Migration from one platform to another is always a challenge.

I'm a data engineer. My scope is to get data, analyze it, transform it, and upload it somewhere. I'm not involved in end-user operations. With Marketo, I would change some objects. For the moment, for example, if we create some custom projects, we need to integrate them internally. In Marketo, we have custom objects. Almost all these custom objects are not independent of, for example, individual records. However, we need to be independent of individual objects.

I've been using the solution for one year.

Marketing Automation
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Salesforce, SAP and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: November 2022.
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is scalable.

There might be more than 10,000 people using the solution at this time.

I've never contacted Marketo technical support.

We used Unica and some other solutions like Marketo. It's a new migration for our company and a company-strategic decision to use Marketo.

The implementation was easy. I wasn't involved in the initial setup of Marketo. It's my understanding that it is straightforward and it was implemented easy.

It's easy to maintain the product.

There were consultants in the call center who assisted us. It was a team that integrated it into our department.

I don't have any knowledge of the exact costs.

What other advice do I have?

As a cloud-based solution, we are always on the latest version of the product.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
    Global Product Marketing & Operations Lead at a hospitality company with 201-500 employees
    Good initial pricing, but renewal fees could be lower, and technical support could be better
    • "The most valuable feature is the scoring."
    • "Revenue management, attribution, and ABM can all be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Marketo to send emails, score leads for our sales team, run nurture campaigns, and help us upsell products across the board.

How has it helped my organization?

With the scoring and how we deploy it, we have a greater integration between Marketo and Salesforce, which allows our sales team to focus on people we believe are ready for conversations, rather than everyone they had to talk to before.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the scoring.

What needs improvement?

Revenue management, attribution, and ABM can all be improved.

I have used Marketo in the last 12 months.

We are using what we purchased in 2019, and there are releases every month.

Marketo is a stable solution. I don't have any issues with the stability of Marketo.

The scalability of Marketo is good.

We have 18 people in the system. Those are 18 people in the organization with various roles for sending emails, but this is our only email tool. It is used pervasively at some level throughout the organization.

Technical support is not good. I would rate them a two out of five.

Previously, we used an association tool called higher logic. We switched because it didn't meet our needs.

The initial setup was complex.

My initial experience with the initial setup was good, but once we started using it, we realized that the setup had not been completed correctly.

We have two people who are dedicated to the maintenance of Marketo.

We received assistance from a Marketo consultant.

The initial pricing was excellent, but the pricing for renewals is not as good. I would give their initial pricing a four out of five, and their renewal fee is a one out of five.

Upsells are available. The various components, such as attribution modeling and the calendar function. They simply have a lot of upselling pieces to it.

Before choosing Marketo, we evaluated Sales Cloud and Eloqua.

What other advice do I have?

One of the issues we had was that we were initially brought on a system, we didn't have much work on how to look at scalability and how much it would cost to scale. If it would be less expensive to charge per contact, as Marketo does. We could have doubled or tripled our contacts with the initial purchase rather than having to add contacts as our business grew. People should consider the cost of scaling and whether it should be factored into the initial contract or added later.

I would rate Marketo a six out of ten.

Marketing Automation
    November 2022
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Digital Transformation specialist at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Useful features, drives sales, gives qualified leads, and reliable
    • "The smart campaign looks quite interesting and useful."
    • "Adobe, the parent company, needs to improve on getting more information published to allow users to educate themselves on how to use the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for marketing automation such as email marketing and lead aggregation.

What is most valuable?

The smart campaign looks quite interesting and useful. My experience is in sales, though we use Marketo for marketing it has more strength for sales. They have a very good lead force system when somebody views our website or clicks on something, I notice a strong interest. I am able to understand what is the customer is looking for and what is the feature, or function that they care about. This solution gives me a qualified lead, it will drive your sales even faster. This is the beauty I found out about Marketo.

What needs improvement?

Adobe, the parent company, needs to improve on getting more information published to allow users to educate themselves on how to use the solution. You cannot find much information about Marketo on the Adobe website. I had to Google around and go to websites to get familiar with the system.

For an upcoming release, the UI could improve.

I have been using the solution for four months.

We have not had any issues with the stability of the solution.

The solution has shown to be scalable. We have several users using the solution on a daily basis.

We did not have issues to use the support.

The maintenance of the solution is done internally.

The solution is expensive compared to others.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to sales I think this solution is more suitable but if you want a solution for marketing I believe Salesforce is better. Look at your companies culture, and into the teams to see which one has more influence, the sales, or the marketing team, then decide from there.

I rate Marketo an eight out of ten.

SabinMindrut - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head of Digital Marketing Operations at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
    Stable and good for sending out emails

What is our primary use case?

We use it in our company, which is a market research company. In terms of the version, I don't think there are multiple versions, so it's the latest one that I have.

What is most valuable?

The main feature of Marketo is sending out emails, so that would be the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It could be more scalable.

I have been using this solution for six years.

So far, it looks stable.

It could be more scalable. Currently, 20 people are using it in my company. We are definitely going to expand its usage in the future.

Their technical support is all right.

I was not a part of it, but from what I've heard, it was complex.

It is expensive. We have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to ask for expert services from an agency. I would rate Marketo an eight out of 10.

Download our free Marketing Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Salesforce, SAP, and more!
    Updated: November 2022