IBM WebSphere Message Broker OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM WebSphere Message Broker is the #11 ranked solution in top ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) tools and #16 ranked solution in top Application Infrastructure tools. PeerSpot users give IBM WebSphere Message Broker an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. IBM WebSphere Message Broker is most commonly compared to IBM Integration Bus: IBM WebSphere Message Broker vs IBM Integration Bus. IBM WebSphere Message Broker is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is IBM WebSphere Message Broker?
WebSphere Message Broker is an enterprise service bus (ESB) providing connectivity and universal data transformation for service-oriented architecture (SOA) and non-SOA environments. It allows businesses of any size to eliminate point-to-point connections and batch processing regardless of platform, protocol or data format.

IBM WebSphere Message Broker was previously known as WebSphere Message Broker.

IBM WebSphere Message Broker Customers
WestJet, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Sharp Corporation, Michelin Tire
IBM WebSphere Message Broker Video

IBM WebSphere Message Broker Reviews

Manjunath-V - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Member Of Technical Staff at Tata Consultancy Services
For new applications that are being onboarded, we engage this tool so the data can flow as required but there's some lag in the GUI
  • "Message Broker is valuable because most of the applications are using MQ. Even in my current engagement, the few applications which I audit to onboard the bank are using MQ."
  • "There is some lag in the GUI. There have been some performance issues and maybe it's because of the application data."

What is our primary use case?

I'm using this tool for my application. We configure it according to my application. For any new applications that are being onboarded, we engage this tool so that they interconnect and the datas are flowing as required.

For the last engagement, I had the latest version. I keep updating them for the bank standards, which should be the current version minus two. We look at the IBM website and use the versions for our application. We update frequently.

For my previous engagement, the initial project, it was almost 40-plus people who were using this application. For the current engagement, more than eight people are using it.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There is some lag in the GUI. There have been some performance issues and maybe it's because of the application data.

I have been using this solution for more than 10 years.

ESB (Enterprise Service Bus)
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, MuleSoft, Software AG and others in ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) . Updated: November 2022.
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's scalable.

We raised requests to IBM a couple of times. They were good enough at solving our problems. We felt like the associate who was trying to solve the problem wasn't that knowledgeable.

I also worked with IBM DataPower. When we have a connection from one organization to the other organization, there is very sensitive data to be passed from one organization to another organization.

Setup is very easy. We had proper documentation for setup, so it didn't take much time. It's quite easy when you have all the commands and everything in place, like if you know the downstream and upstream. Setup takes a maximum of two or three hours, and I can set up the complete application.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 7 out of 10.

My advice is to make use of the tool 100%. I have seen many people who aren't using it properly. There's a lot more to configure and monitor. I see they use 60% of what it gives. I advise people to just see the options and use everything and that will create a wonderful product for them.

Executive Director
Straightforward development and deployment but limited use and too expensive
  • "Straightforward development and deployment."
  • "Today I probably wouldn't go for Message Broker because of the cost structure, support, and the whole ecosystem around IBM."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is as an application server as well as everything else related to the whole suite from IBM.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the product's straightforward development and deployment, and its nice graphical user interface.

What needs improvement?

When choreography is necessary, the product doesn't work. IBM has to take a different approach to maintain the software as a service solution. The price could also be lowered.

I've been using this solution for about seventeen years.

The scalability depends on how you build it, but it's easy to scale if you do it right.

The tech support is good, I have had no issues with it.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward, depending on how knowledgeable the person in charge is.

This product is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

If you have access to resources, it's not hard to learn to use this product. However, today I probably wouldn't go for Message Broker because of the cost structure, support, and the whole ecosystem around IBM. I would rate this solution as five out of ten.

Download our free ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, MuleSoft, Software AG, and more!
Updated: November 2022