IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Greenhouse OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Greenhouse is #14 ranked solution in best Applicant Tracking Systems. PeerSpot users give Greenhouse an average rating of 8 out of 10. Greenhouse is most commonly compared to Workable: Greenhouse vs Workable.

Download the Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Greenhouse?

Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to optimize your entire recruiting process. Find better candidates, conduct more focused interviews, and make data-driven hiring decisions.

We pride ourselves on offering the most comprehensive, hands-on training, and virtual as well as live support in the business.

Greenhouse Customers

Zenefits, Pinerest, Airbnb Inc., BrightRoll, Vimeo LLC, Evernote

Greenhouse Reviews

Product Manager at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Has all basic functions and good filtering options, and allows me to see progress across different stages
  • "It provides very good flexibility to create filters. Therefore, I can look at candidates' progress across different stages. I can also follow candidates to get updates about where they are in the cycle."
  • "There are dashboards that I can see, but for pending things that I have to look at, it should provide alerts. For example, if there are 10 new people who are added to the job that I'm involved with, it should provide me with a chart or notification so that I am prompted to look at it. Currently, I have to go and look at the dashboard. There should be a little bit of intelligence to prompt action."

What is our primary use case?

I use it to track hiring for the roles open in my organization. I look at the candidates' pool, and I can see how the candidates are progressing in different pools at different places.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There are dashboards that I can see, but for pending things that I have to look at, it should provide alerts. For example, if there are 10 new people who are added to the job that I'm involved with, it should provide me with a chart or notification so that I am prompted to look at it. Currently, I have to go and look at the dashboard. There should be a little bit of intelligence to prompt action. They could come up with a baseline or intelligence on how others are hiring for specific roles, such as project management. There should be some industry insights so that our recruitment and hiring could be done better. Such a feature could be useful. It should give us an idea about how other industries are handling the hiring process and benchmarking candidates. For example, what are the things that other people are looking at? What are the things that I am looking at? They can build a lot more intelligence in the system.

I've been using it for four years.
Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Greenhouse, Bullhorn, Jobvite and others in Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software. Updated: June 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is very stable. I have never faced any issue with its uptime. Whenever I've tried using it, it has always been up.

I don't know about its scalability, but our entire organization is using it. There are about 500 people in the organization, and we haven't had any issues. There are different types of users for this product. We have recruiters who set up everything. We have managers who are required to look at specific job posts. Then there are interviewers who look at specific candidates and provide responses or evaluations on them. So, there are multiple users.

I don't deal with them. Our IT team deals with them.

It is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. It does everything that I'm required to do, but I have to spend a lot of effort in, for example, creating filters or even creating reminders. They should come up with some kind of out-of-the-box dashboards and notifications so that I don't have to set them up myself. Other than that, its stability is good, and it does have all basic functions.

Download our free Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Greenhouse, Bullhorn, Jobvite, and more!
Updated: June 2022