We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Google Drive Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Drive Enterprise is #8 ranked solution in top Cloud Storage tools and #9 ranked solution in top Content Collaboration Platforms. PeerSpot users give Google Drive Enterprise an average rating of 8 out of 10. Google Drive Enterprise is most commonly compared to Citrix ShareFile: Google Drive Enterprise vs Citrix ShareFile. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is Google Drive Enterprise?

Drive Enterprise enables you to transform how your business stores, accesses, and secures files, all without extensive change management. Drive Enterprise is a standalone offering with usage-based pricing that includes all the features of Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise was previously known as Drive Enterprise, Google Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide

Download the Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Google Drive Enterprise Customers

Journal Communications

Google Drive Enterprise Video

Google Drive Enterprise Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Drive Enterprise pricing:
  • "It has a yearly license."
  • "It is inexpensive and the cost is per user per month."
  • "The costs could be lower, but they are reasonable for the value they provide."
  • "I have evaluated Amazon AWS and IBM solutions. Amazon AWS has competitive prices for cloud storage and backups."
  • Google Drive Enterprise Reviews

AtefehMohib
    Business Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Extremely accessible, easy to use, and very stable
    • "Google has a lot of tools. They are really useful and they are really simple to use."
    • "In the free version, managing the files and folders and data is a little difficult."

What is our primary use case?

I typically use Google Drive and some other tools that are included such as Google Slides, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.

I mostly use it for sharing documents at work. For example, in my team, we want to share all templates on the documents we need to create. We also share pictures that we might use for marketing. Personally, I save all the documents of my project as I work on them, sometimes from home, sometimes at work, and I need to access them from everywhere. I have some projects in some folders and I save all of my documents in my Google Drive.

I mainly use it for everything related to the saving and sharing of documentation.

What is most valuable?

The most important thing about Google Drive is that it's accessible from everywhere.

It's free if you use under 15 GBs, however, for me, that's enough.

google docs is the most valuable feature for me.

What needs improvement?

In my job, we don't have any special challenges using Google Drive. We use it easily, however, we only use it personally and to share our documents.

We have never used, for example, Google Workspace and other products. In the free version, managing the files and folders and data is a little difficult. It is a bit improved in the Workspace version, however, I have never tried it. That's one of our main challenges when it comes to using Google Drive - managing the files and access. For example, somebody could just access it to view it, or somebody could access for editing in both cases without permission, and that's our challenge right now.

Once you move off of the free version and go to the enterprise solution, it can get quite pricey.

I've been using the solution for more than a year at this point.

The solution is very stable. I've never had issues with it crashing or freezing. It works quite well.

The solution is quite scalable. You can use 15GBs for free, and after that, you can scale up.

In our organization, everybody uses it, and we're more than 50 people at this point.

In the future, we'll continue to use it and most likely increase usage.

I've never had to reach out to support due to the fact that everything is so stable. We haven't had any issues to speak of. Therefore, I can't speak to their knowledge or responsiveness.

There's no installation needed at all. You simply sign up and log on.

I simply use the free version of the solution. There's no cost at all in terms of licensing.

Once you move up to the enterprise level of the solution, when you have to pay, it's a bit pricey for us in my country.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer.

I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm using. I believe it is the latest.

For cloud computing and other things, I have never used Google Drive due to the fact that I don't do cloud computing.

One of the reasons that I use Google Drive is that I used Gmail for more than 10 years. Therefore, when I had to choose a cloud storage soulution, I selected Google Drive as I had experience with it and it was really easy to use and it was accessible all the time.

In the past, I have recommended the solution to others, and I will continue to do so. It's a good platform and has excellent tools for teaching and education in particular. I would recommend it, especially for education, and for teachers and students.

Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. For a free version of a product, it's great and does basically everything we need it to do.

Swapnil Dassi
    Associate Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Reseller
    Makes it easy to share documents with the whole organization and enables us to download a document anytime and in any format
    • "It is very easy to use. Everything is available on the cloud, which is what I like the most. So, when we require a document, we can download it at any time and in any of the formats."
    • "I have sometimes observed that when the data is very huge or there are so many rules, Google Sheets documents get stuck while uploading. It keeps on loading the document and gives an error. There should be an improvement in this aspect. It should be quick. Currently, we have to wait for a long time."

What is our primary use case?

It is a shared drive. We are a reseller, and we have multiple customers. We give training, and sometimes, when customers are having any issues, we also need to troubleshoot them.

We have its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a shared drive. It is useful for our organization for uploading documents that will be visible to all of our employees. Our HR, finance team, accounts team, and other teams use it for any important notifications or documents. They upload a document in the shared drive, and it is visible to all of the employees. Rather than sending it to everyone one by one, they just need to allow the document to be shared with the whole organization. It is convenient and easy to use.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use. Everything is available on the cloud, which is what I like the most. So, when we require a document, we can download it at any time and in any of the formats.

Multiple formats are available, and it also saves multiple versions, which makes it the best. We can just restore the previous version and download it based on our convenience and in our preferred format. These are some of the features that I like the most.

What needs improvement?

I have sometimes observed that when the data is very huge or there are so many rules, Google Sheets documents get stuck while uploading. It keeps on loading the document and gives an error. There should be an improvement in this aspect. It should be quick. Currently, we have to wait for a long time.

One of our customers was basically having this issue related to the transfer of ownership of a folder. A user had created the folder in Google Drive, and he had shared that folder with other users. Those users created subfolders in that shared folder or uploaded multiple documents and shared them with the whole team. When the person who has created the main folder left the organization, we had to help him to transfer the ownership of the Google Drive to someone else, but things got messy. It was hard to know who had shared what, and basically, the ownership was totally lost. The ownership should have been transferred properly in the exact structure for all folders and subfolders.

It should be easier to implement or deploy it on our system, rather than on the cloud. There should be some improvement so that it is easily deployed without files and folders getting messy or downloads not completing. Sometimes, the downloads don't complete, and the next day, it starts again. Sometimes, it gets corrupted or doesn't start from the beginning. So, it should be easy to deploy on a system.

There is a per-day upload or download limit. They should increase and improve that.

I have more than six years of experience in working with Google Drive Enterprise.

It is reliable.

In terms of scalability, it has a problem. There is a per-day limit for uploading or downloading. It is okay for a few KBs and GBs, but sometimes, when we have the enterprise plan and we have to upload and download 1 TB or up to 5 TB data for immediate purposes, there is a limit. It should be improved in that aspect.

Their support is great.

Its initial setup was okay. It only got complex when subfolders were created, and the folders and subfolders were further shared.

It has a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution. There are a few things that require improvement, but it also has some very good features.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise an eight out of 10.

Google
    Learn what your peers think about Google Drive Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Donovan Greeff
    Head of Software Delivery at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Sheets and Docs are easily tied in with the ability to choose who you share something with
    • "Simplicity while competently serving the needs of secure document storage and sharing is part of the beauty of the product."
    • "There is really not too much that I think needs to be added to the product to improve it. Some of the features within Sheets could be enhanced so this product is a more complete replacement for Excel."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage our enterprise accounts. We also use it for communications like email communication, video conferencing, et cetera. With Drive specifically, we use that for storing internal confidential documents or internal documentation that require an extra level of security.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a solution for secure document sharing that is not really matched by other similar solutions.

What is most valuable?

I would say that spreadsheets (Sheets) and document (Docs) functionalities have been most useful. That is because it is easily tied in with the ability to choose who you share something with. I think that is really primarily what is most valuable to us.

What needs improvement?

In a more general way and for our purposes, I would say having a little bit more control and clarity over what is shared and how it is shared would be a useful improvement. There are obviously controls already in the product for sharing and restrictions, but they could be more robust and flexible as far as assigning restrictions.

Also, some of the features within Sheets could be enhanced. It is meant to be a replacement to Excel, but it really is not there yet as a product with equal capabilities as there are still quite a few limitations to the functionality.

Aside from those few things, there is really not too much that I think needs to be added to the product to improve it. It is quite a simple product and that is kind of the beauty of it. There is not too much more that you could add to it that would really help and might just complicate it instead. I think it is quite a mature, simple, good solution.

We have been using the product for about a year now in my current role with this company. I used it in previous roles and as a customer for several years before that.

We have not had any issues with the stability of the product.

There really are no issues with scalability. Storage is unlimited and it is on the cloud so it can scale automatically.

Personally, I have not had a reason to put in a call to the technical support but the team that administers the account has. I know I have not heard any negative feedback. Response times are within the SLA (Service Level Agreement), so the service is as expected.

The setup is really pretty straightforward.

It is inexpensive and the cost is per user per month.

We did not really do any serious evaluations of products of this type before choosing to go with Drive Enterprise. I only previously looked at things like Dropbox which are pretty insecure solutions. I have used those things in the past but I have not used them for many years now because of the lack of better security features in them.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people who are considering Google Drive Enterprise as a solution is to go ahead and use it. It is a good tool. It is secure. It is great for managing internal company documentation in a secure fashion.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the product as about a nine-out-of-ten. To make it better than that it would really need to have some sort of revolutionary improvement that makes it step ahead of the entire class of products. I do not know what that would be. I, personally, very seldom give things 10-out-of-10 as I think perfection is something that is essentially unattainable.

Other
    Data analyst at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
    Excellent performance, feature rich, easy to scale, and easy to use
    • "Accessing their services is simple, user-friendly, and does not require a lot of technology."
    • "When compared to Commvault or Veeam, I'm not sure what Google Drive has to offer in terms of backing up data on the cloud or in a data center for a large organization."

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Drive Enterprise for my personal use. I back up my files, photos, and other information I have stored on my mobile device, as well as my daily tasks, or whatever is done on my computer are backed up on my drive.

What is most valuable?

Google Drive Enterprise is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Personally, I can't say what I don't like about Google Drive Enterprise because I haven't discovered anything better.

The price could be lower.

I've been using Google Drive for personal use for nine to ten years, and I've been a premium user for the last two years.

I'm using the most recent version. I use the web version rather than the app.

Google Drive Enterprise is a stable product.

Google Drive's performance is one of my favorite features. It doesn't take long to load, and everything happens instantly.

I currently have more than 300 GB of data on my Google Drive. I don't believe that scaling would be an issue. It's easy to scale.

We have never had any issues that required assistance from technical support.

When using their web version, no setup is required. If I'm using an Android app, for example, I only need to configure my storage. In Google Drive, I have to define my storage and what I want to back up, and it backs it up ahead of time.

Because it's for personal use, I haven't had any issues with it, such as difficulty setting it up or anything like that. It's not like Veeam or a formal setup that requires many machines for that environment.

I am not using it on a large scale, it's for my personal usage only.

The licensing fees are not cheap, but when you compare it to other products and the features it provides, it's reasonable.

The costs could be lower, but they are reasonable for the value they provide.

The management in my company has just decided to switch over to cloud backup solutions, which is why I have been researching the various websites for products that are best for my use.

I am exploring, but management will review the information and make a decision. I don't know what they're going to decide, so I don't have a say in it.

What other advice do I have?

My family does not have access to the credentials, but if they needed something backed up or saved, they would just give it to me to store safely on my cloud.

For personal use, I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise a ten out of ten.

Research Assistant at a performing arts with 5,001-10,000 employees
    It's convenient to share documents or download shared documents
    • "I'm satisfied with the basic function. it's convenient to share documents or download shared documents you need."
    • "I had some issues with permissions at first. I have to ask for Drive permissions because I'm a new doctoral student. Sometimes I have to ask for permission because I can't access this kind of document, but recently they fixed that by adding me to their team. Now I can access any document that my department supervisors and staff share on Drive."

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Drive to share documents like meeting minutes with my doctoral supervisor and other people in my lab. I just started my doctorate, so I'm doing some literature reviews, and I have to take some notes about my supervisor's plan for four months and what we should discuss.

You can integrate Slack with Google Drive to share documents in Slack. For example, the supervisor can check the minutes and notes by clicking a link I provide in Slack. I post the notes for the article I'm reviewing, then my supervisor can check what I have read and my current profiles. Sometimes when we have seminars and presentations, the presenters will share slides on Google Drive.

What is most valuable?

I'm satisfied with the basic function. it's convenient to share documents or download shared documents you need.

What needs improvement?

I had some issues with permissions at first. I have to ask for Drive permissions because I'm a new doctoral student. Sometimes I have to ask for permission because I can't access this kind of document, but recently they fixed that by adding me to their team. Now I can access any document that my department supervisors and staff share on Drive.

I've used Google Drive off and on for three years while I was getting my master's degree. When I started my doctorate, the supervisor set up a Shared Drive for me, so I've been using Google Drive regularly from September 2021 until now.

I'm never sure if the problem is with Google Drive or my browser. Sometimes, it takes a long time loading, but I'm not sure we should blame Google Drive. Browsers react differently. I open Google Drive in Safari and sometimes the "Back" button doesn't function well, especially when logging in.

I think Google Drive is easy to scale, but I have a student account with limited storage, so I have to file a request to my department if I want to scale. But students don't upload large documents to Google Drive or store lots of pictures and videos.

I'm Chinese, so I used some Chinese products that have a similar function, but sharing in Google Drive is more convenient. I think it works for a multidisciplinary team.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Drive eight out of 10. I would give it a higher rating, but it's not stable on my Safari browser. When I do something, I want to finish it very quickly, but Google Drive loads slowly in Safari.

Associate at a legal firm with 1-10 employees
    Scalable, stable and easy to setup
    • "The solution is very easy to scale."
    • "A separate interface to give users a summary of how they've shared items on the drive would be useful. You can end up having a lot of stuff and the sheer amount can end up making users feel a little bit lost in terms of knowing who they've actually shared items with."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for internal file management and also for creating rooms or drives for clients.

What is most valuable?

The streamlining that an organization gets when using the solution is great. It saves a lot of space on the desktop because all of the files are in the cloud and don't need to be downloaded.

What needs improvement?

I don't know if it's already available, however, being able to set a period for which files can be available to people you share them with before the permissions disappear would be quite helpful.

A separate interface to give users a summary of how they've shared items on the drive would be useful. You can end up having a lot of stuff and the sheer amount can end up making users feel a little bit lost in terms of knowing who they've actually shared items with.

I haven't been using the solution for too long in this current organization, however, I have worked with it extensively in the past.

The solution is quite stable.

The solution is very easy to scale.

We currently have about 300 people in our organization using it regularly. Virtually everyone uses it, including executive management. Analysts, sales, developers and finance teams are all on it.

We've never contacted technical support. I don't think we have any issues.

We have previously used Dropbox. However, it wasn't great for streamlining services.

The initial setup is quite simple. Users will find it very straightforward. There isn't even really any setup required. As soon as the domain was set up, it was ready to go.

We didn't evaluate another solution. I had already used Google privately and decided it was a good one to use to streamline and switch over to.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. It's constantly updating itself. A user doesn't have to go and manually update the solution.

We use this solution on a daily basis and quite extensively.

Most organizations need to try it out. It's very straightforward. I'd suggest users go to Wix to get their domains, however, instead of Google, as Google can be quite expensive for that.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Google
    Regional Manager Fortinet at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Easy to use, stable, and simple to scale
    • "The possibility of working together in real-time on the same document is the most useful feature for me."
    • "I also use Word from Microsoft Office. Sometimes it's difficult to find some features that are available in Office and not available in Google Docs or are in a different place (if you are more used to Word). We sometimes lose time trying to find certain useability features."

What is our primary use case?

Before I joined Fortinet, we used Google Drive as our main docking share platform. Now I use it to share documents and to collaborate in the same document. It's mostly just for sharing internally.

What is most valuable?

The initial setup is very easy.

The solution is very stable.

You can easily scale the solution if you need to.

What needs improvement?

I also use Word from Microsoft Office. Sometimes it's difficult to find some features that are available in Office and not available in Google Docs or are in a different place (if you are more used to Word). We sometimes lose time trying to find certain useability features.

I started using the solution ten to 12 years ago. I've used it for a while. it's been over a decade.

I cannot recall ever facing any stability issues. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

While I have only really used a quarter of the space, it's easy just to pay to scale up and scale out.

I've never dealt with technical support. I have a colleague that handles everything. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The initial setup is simple. It's straightforward and not overly complex.

I currently only use the free version. You can pay for more space on the drive if you need to.

In the past, I used the Enterprise version and we did have to pay for that. If you wanted to upgrade from free to Enterprise, there would be a cost involved, and, depending on how much you used, the price would rise.

My understanding is that it is more expensive than Microsoft Teams

What other advice do I have?

I'm just an end-user.

I'd recommend the solution to others. It's easy, it's free, it's almost integrated with the contacts of Gmail, and you can add comments and automatically send notifications to the participants in the documents. It's integrated with other Google platforms. On top of that, it is easy to understand how to work with it.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Head of IT at Prerana Motors India
    Useful synchronization feature, highly scalable, and simple installation
    • "I have found the most valuable feature to be the Google Drive synchronization."
    • "The feature for synchronization of data from multiple systems with the same single ID is not happening in Google Drive. This feature should be added. For example, if I have only one single mail ID and I'm using it in a different location to upload different data, this is the challenge. It is happening from one system or one server. The synchronization of data from the local system to Google Drive will not happen if the IDs are the same. If I'm using it for different systems in different locations, synchronization is not happening. The system hets logged out. This feature is very important for us and they need to add it."

What is our primary use case?

We use Google Drive Enterprise for storing data from the servers and backup all data.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable feature to be the Google Drive synchronization.

What needs improvement?

The feature for synchronization of data from multiple systems with the same single ID is not happening in Google Drive. This feature should be added. For example, if I have only one single mail ID and I'm using it in a different location to upload different data, this is the challenge. It is happening from one system or one server. The synchronization of data from the local system to Google Drive will not happen if the IDs are the same. If I'm using it for different systems in different locations, synchronization is not happening. The system hets logged out. This feature is very important for us and they need to add it.

One location I can synchronize but multiple locations with the same ID, will not work.

In a future release, they could make the solution more user-friendly.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for approximately five years.

The solution is highly stable.

The solution is highly scalable, I would give it a ten out of ten.

We have approximately 450 G Suite mail IDs and for storage purposes, we are using approximately five to six mail IDs for synchronization.

We have a third-party company that provides us with support.

The installation is simple and user-friendly.

The price of Google Drive Enterprise is very good. There are different prices from different vendors, it priced competitively. For example, if I purchase a mail ID directly from Google, it'll cost me 2,500 rupees plus GST. If I buy the same from the third-party vendors, it'll be less than 2,000 rupees. On Google's website, they will quote a very high price but they should not do this. I should be able to purchase from Google at a cheaper price than what I do from third parties.

I have evaluated Amazon AWS and IBM solutions. Amazon AWS has competitive prices for cloud storage and backups.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Drive Enterprise a nine out of ten.