We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Country Manager at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Easy to use with lots of great features and good stability
  • "I like everything that Google does. They have good products."
  • "The solution could always be more secure, although that doesn't affect me so much."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use it for interaction with customers. For internal use, we mostly use Slack. There's hardly any email internally. External emails, however, require Gmail.

What is most valuable?

I like everything that Google does. They have good products.

It's easy to use.

The scalability is good.

It's smarter than I am. There are always more features that I need to explore.

I'm happy with its current integration capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The next trend in email is automation, as email becomes hard when you need to do maintenance, put in the files, and remember where you put stuff. Automation can take away the noise, so to speak.

That said, for us, since a lot of the communication is done on Slack, email is not used as much anymore. It used to be distribution lists and it was difficult to maintain the inbox. However, now, using Slack, it's not a big issue anymore.

I've been at my current company for about three months and have used it since then.

The stability of G-suite is good. There are no bugs or glitches. There is no crashing or freezing. It's reliable.

The solution is very scalable. If you need to scale up, you can do so with Google.

We don't have a lot of users. We're a small company. It's probably close to a hundred users in total.

I've never been in touch with technical support. I haven't had any issues. Therefore, I would not be able to rate the level of service they provide.

I used Office 365 before. I can't say that there's a major difference between the two options, or that one is good and one is bad. They're both very good, very advanced.

As it's a cloud-based solution, there isn't really an implementation that happens. It's very simple and straightforward to start using it.

I don't know how much it costs due to the fact that I'm just a user. I'm a sales guy, I'm not the IT guy. I don't handle any aspect of licensing.

What other advice do I have?

Our company is a client and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Google.

As we are using the cloud version of the solution, we're always on the latest version of the product.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. It does what it needs to do in a very good way, so it gets a high mark from me.

Solutions / IT / AI Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Scalable with an easy initial setup and great stability
  • "The product can scale easily."
  • "The cost could be improved. It can sometimes be a bit confusing figuring out how we are actually being charged."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the various software on the platform. We also use it for sales administration.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is its ability to offer sales administrative support.

The initial setup is very easy.

The stability has always been very good.

The product can scale easily.

What needs improvement?

There should be something done about inter-productivity between cloud platforms. It is so difficult to connect two different platforms with these tools as there is not any inter-productivity or inter-operability.

We started with the free version of the solution and have since moved to the enterprise option. We've used the solution for about three years at this time.

The product is very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. A company could easily expand it out to fit whatever needs they have.

Currently, our organization has about 50 users. We do plan to continue to use the solution.

I can't really speak to the helpfulness or responsiveness of technical support. We don't really use it that much.

We didn't really use any other solution previously. We might have just used other Google offerings. We were only four people, and we originally a small team.

The initial setup is not complex. It's very straightforward. It's easy. A company wouldn't have any issues with the prospect of setting it up internally.

The deployment only took 15 days. It was quite quick. We really appreciated it didn't take too long.

I can't directly speak to how many people were involved internally in the deployment and maintenance aspects of the product.

We did not use a reseller, integrator, or consultant's services during the initial setup. We were able to handle it ourselves internally. We had our own team in place.

The cost structure should be adjusted to make it more clear and explain better to users how they are being charged and why.

We started with the free version and have since moved to the enterprise offering.

I don't have information regarding the exact costs for our company.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

I would recommend the solution. We've been mostly quite happy with it overall.

In general, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Google
Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,208 professionals have used our research since 2012.
key founder and Managing Director at adcareIT
Good mobile features, excellent search capabilities, and allows for multiple users to edit one document simultaneously
  • "They are launching more and more features for mobile, which I understand our customers appreciate."
  • "I am not a big fan of how Gmail organizes the mail. I find it complicated to see which mail from which users send at which date. Especially if there is a lot."

What is our primary use case?

We tend to implement this solution for our clients. The solution is mainly used for email.

What is most valuable?

Most of our customers are using the basic version.

A lot of the customers use Google Suite. They like the word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presenting tools of Google. Younger customers, newer companies, are more used to full Google. Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, and so, on as they used it already as a student. They are quite comfortable with the solution and find it user-friendly and easy to navigate - more so than Microsoft, for example.

The ability for multiple users to work in one document is very useful.

The Gmail search tool is excellent. They have the most powerful search tool of all the email managers I work with. They are much, much better than Outlook, for instance. The Outlook search machine is fairly poor actually. If you have a lot of emails and you will do a search, it misses a lot.

What needs improvement?

We've been using the solution for about ten years or so. It's been a long time at this point.

The companies we work with are 100% small and medium-sized. We don't have any enterprise or corporate customers.

While I have never directly dealt with technical support from Google, from talking with my team, it is my understanding that they are quite good. I would say that we are satisfied with the level of support.

We've also worked with Microsoft. We mostly use that in my office.

Given how happy our customers have been with the solution, I would rate it at an eight out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Google partner and we sell to our customers G Suite, or Google Works as it is called now. That's what we do. We're are also a Microsoft partner. We do a lot with Dynamics, Navision Microsoft Dynamics, and we're also a reseller of Microsoft 365. We do backup and disaster recovery in partnership with N‑able. All these things, we do as an MSP. We do remote monitoring as a platform solution where you buy the agents and you do your own management or we do it as an MSP where we do 24/7 management, for instance, of your server monitoring.

We are a managed service provider or a total IT service provider to the market. We do a variety of solutions, primarily for SMEs.

Content strategist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Easy to use, simple to navigate around and very stable
  • "From a security point of view, Google will alert you if anything strange is happening. They will flag it for you so you are aware."
  • "Google Meet can have a bit more functionality. It should show the views of more people. Right now, it shows just eight at a maximum, or six. When there are more people on the call, more than eight, everyone is not showing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use G Suite for our internal tasks. In the company, all the accounts are set up in the G Suite. We use chat also, as well as video functionality and the drive on offer. We do calls through Google G Suite itself.

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution.

It's simple to use and navigate.

I like the video capabilities. I like it more than Microsoft Teams and Zoom as well, due to the fact that it's so simple.

The functionality is really simple and it's absolutely cloud-based and it's easy to use and it's fast.

The solution is stable.

You can scale the product.

What needs improvement?

Google Meet can have a bit more functionality. It should show the views of more people. Right now, it shows just eight at a maximum, or six. When there are more people on the call, more than eight, everyone is not showing. That's an improvement that can be made so that we can see everyone who actually enters a meeting.

I've been using the solution for one year. It hasn't been that long.

The solution is very stable and the performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The product is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

Currently, we have about 450 people using the product.

I've never dealt with technical support. I've never had any problems and therefore I have never had to reach out. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

I also have experience with Microsoft Teams as well as Zoom (for video conferencing tasks).

However, we have only used this product and did not use anything else previously.

I did not handle any aspect of the installation process. I can't speak to how easy or difficult it was, how long it took, or what was involved in executing.

I can't speak to the cost of the product or how much our company pays. I don't deal with payments or licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I use this product at my current company.

We use the enterprise version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I would recommend the product to other users and organizations.

IT Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Ability to co-edit and collaborate is a time saver; tool sharing within the one facility is lacking
  • "Ability to co-edit and collaborate on content."
  • "Not all tools are available in the one facility."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is collaboration but we also use it for email and the calendar. We deal with medium and large size companies. We're partners with G Suite and I'm an IT cloud manager.

How has it helped my organization?

G Suite has saved the company a lot of time. There's no longer any need to download files, everything can be edited online.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features of this solution include content co-editing, content collaboration, email searching, and calendar sharing.

What needs improvement?

I would ideally like to see a common space in the product where all the tools are shared within the same facility, something similar to Microsoft Teams, where all solutions are provided in one site. That would be a major improvement and an additional feature that would improve the product.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The stability is good and it permits collaboration, but I think in the last couple of years it hasn't been as good as the Microsoft solution.

This is a super scalable solution. When you grow, it grows with you. We have almost 3,000 users in our company.

I've had good experience with technical support.

We didn't previously use anything else. The migration to G Suite came from the move from on-premises to cloud, from Lotus Notes to G Suite.

The initial setup of this product is very straightforward. Deployment time depends on the number of users because the administration is different if you're implementing for a large company. We have implemented in our own company as well as for our customers. It took three months to have it perfectly fine-tuned for our company including the migration from Lotus Notes. We are integrators so we did it ourselves. We used four people to assist and they now deal with maintenance if it's required. We have IT engineers, two administrators and two other IT engineers and consultants.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend any company carry out a good profiling of the people who are going to be migrated to the solution, and to implement a good change management adoption in order to have everyone on board. If you do this you have satisfied users and they are the ones who are going to rely on the tool and get all the advantages the tool provides.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Head IT at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
A stable solution with an easy set up and self reliant integration
  • "The solution is stable."
  • "Our users have faced an issue with increasing their email quotas over the last three months."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest update of the solution. We use it on Windows and are now using it on Windows 10. We utilize the latest version.

We are using all the basic features and have already hosted for three domains.

What is most valuable?

The solution serves our needs. We do not use any of Google G Suite's development products. As such, it is good for us.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is very high, although I cannot tell if this is the result of the Indian vendors artificially inflating it. We are talking about 2,500 per year for each mailbox, which is very high.

Also, our users have faced an issue with increasing their email quotas over the last three months. When they tried to bring this about they simply lost out on the money they remitted on their credit or debit cards. I feel this to be a very bad practice.

We have not encountered any support when it comes to such issues. While we have escalated to their email address, we have found this procedure to be very complicated. It took a week's time to receive a response from when we submitted all the relevant details and it is still not clear if the money has been refunded.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for almost seven years.

The solution is stable.

Scalability is always on the high side.

We have not been satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup was very easy.

We did the integration on our own, without the assistance of a vendor or integrator. We had no issues, as the implementation and deployment teams are very good.

The very high pricing is what brings down my rating of the solution from a ten to an eight.

Also, they only contact a person at the time of renewal, at which point they are very rigid with the price. No negotiation is permitted whatsoever. A person can only be certain that his money will be consumed, but has no such guarantee about the quota being increased.

What other advice do I have?

We are not seeking new requirements or additional features. Our things work fine. Sharing is there and the conferencing is going on. We encounter no difficulties with the features we use.

Our company has around 215 users who are making use of the solution.

I would recommend the solution to others and have done so with many people who have contacted me.

I rate G Suite Enterprise as an eight out of ten.

Paweł Psuty
Partner, Cloud Expert at GoCloud
Provides great opportunities for collaboration and streamlining our business
  • "Extremely reliable, providing great collaboration features."
  • "There is some redundancy in the functionality between certain modules."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is our primary tool for communication and collaboration within the company. We use it for everything possible. We are partners with Google and I'm a cloud expert and company partner.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has improved our organization in many ways, whether it's in terms of quick access to information from any place and the fact that it's more than just email. In the work environment I can quickly collaborate with others on urgent matters. Problems are addressed more quickly and content is created and approved in less time, providing quick and easy access to information.

What is most valuable?

It's difficult to name a single valuable feature, but I like that it simply works and is reliable. I like the philosophy of the product.

What needs improvement?

G Suite has improved but there's still some redundancy in the functionality between certain modules. The general Q and A's are different from the Q and A's in Google presentations and Google slides. I think the three could be unified into a single function rather than three different functions. For additional features, I'd like to see some project management area tools, workflow tools around document management, that kind of thing.

I've been using this solution for over 10 years.

The solution is absolutely reliable and stable.

Scalability is excellent - the product is a public cloud product so by definition it's scalable. We're not a big company, we have close to 20 users and they are in all roles, whether it's sales, marketing, professional services or administration.

As partners, I think the technical support offered is good. From Google's perspective, I think it could be improved. There is quality lacking in their support. The solution works very well and there are rarely any technical issues and that could be the reason that their first line of support is not great. I think it's similar with other vendors so it seems to be the industry average.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

There are different licensing packages available so you can choose what suits you. The price is relatively low, it's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Compared to anything else, this solution is absolutely the best.

I rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Caribbean Territory Manager at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
You can work seamlessly with any of your colleagues on the same document
  • "The most valuable part of G Suite is the integration among all of the components. It's also highly reliable because it's always available. And G Suite's ability to collaborate on all the standard office tools has no rival. It's amazing because you can work seamlessly with any of your colleagues on the same document."
  • "G Suite could offer something a little more solid in terms of chat — something that is a little more like Slack and integrates with everything. But, unfortunately, the chat is very basic there. It doesn't offer that many features and feels like it doesn't belong there."

What is our primary use case?

We use G Suite for email, spreadsheets, producing documents, presentations, chat, and notes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of G Suite is the integration among all of the components. It's also highly reliable because it's always available. And G Suite's ability to collaborate on all the standard office tools has no rival. It's amazing because you can work seamlessly with any of your colleagues on the same document. It's perhaps the single greatest feature that that tool has.

What needs improvement?

G Suite could offer something a little more solid in terms of chat — something that is a little more like Slack and integrates with everything. But, unfortunately, the chat is very basic there. It doesn't offer that many features and feels like it doesn't belong there.

As far as features I'd like to see, G Suite already has a lot of tools that integrate natively with it. For example, the CRM that we use integrates natively with it. But maybe it could be better integrated with mobile phones and SMS. I don't really use them that much, but the cell phone is our second-most used work tool, so more mobile integration could be great. By that, I mean integration at the call level — logging to calls and stuff like that— could be helpful in some specific cases, but that already is integrated. It has apps, Google Phone, etc., but SMS is the one part that isn't integrated.

I've been using G Suite for about four years now.

G Suite is stable. I think I can remember only one time that it failed for a brief period.

G Suite is scalable. It offers so much storage. I even use it for my family as well. I have a 2 terabyte plan and it's amazing. You put whatever you need in there, and I've never reached a limit. You can create as many documents as you want. From the user's standpoint, it's great. It'll have the greatest scalability.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite Enterprise 10 out of 10. If you are considering it, I would say just go ahead and do it. It's great.