We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Jacky Hood
CEO at FieldDay Solutions, Inc.
Document sharing enables multiple people to work on the same document
  • "The document sharing in which multiple people can work on the same document. To go along with that is the archiving of documents. If you mess up a document, it's easy to go get a previous version."
  • "The problem with the presentation is that if you upload a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and you convert it to Google presentation, the slides or pictures, their images are not editable. You can't edit the slides that you brought in. They're just images."

What is our primary use case?

Our administrator has it set up so that we can share the Calendar and Gmail, we can send Gmail outside, but we cannot include any outsiders in the documents. It is possible to change that, but that's the way our administrator has set it up, that it's totally a private environment.

We use Gmail, we use Calendar, we use Drive and Drive includes presentations, although their presentations aren't great, documents and spreadsheets, workbooks, which are multiple spreadsheets. I think that's it. But the presentation is not great so we don't use it very much.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The problem with the presentation is that if you upload a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and you convert it to Google presentation, the slides or pictures, their images are not editable. You can't edit the slides that you brought in. They're just images.

That's a big defect in this. That's why we almost never use it because it converts Microsoft slides into pictures.

Another thing that would be nice is to have more storage because each person has 15 gigabytes and I just hit 90% again. Then I have to go in and delete a bunch of emails and I hate losing my old emails, but I don't have any choice. That's the limitation.

I have been using it for nine years since I've been at my company.

As far as stability, it's 100% stable. I've never seen it ever fail in any way.

There are around 60 users who use it. We use it constantly 24/5, we're not open on the weekends. We have around the clock shifts. So it's in use all the time.

There's no maintenance required. I think this latest change the administrator made was probably the first change he's made in two years.

I wasn't there for the setup but I know the guy who's the administrator and I'm sure he had to make a bunch of selections like the one I mentioned earlier that ours is private. Our documents are private. We can't share outside the company.

Recently on Calendar, it kept trying to put us to assume that any event was a Google meeting. It's Google's product. It's called Google Meet. Of course, we can use Meet, which used to be called Hangouts. And we do once in a while, we use Google Hangouts if our other chat system is down. But when you set up a meeting the default was to put us into Google Meet. Then if we were using some other tool, people would get confused. They'd say, "Well, is the meeting on Google Meet or is it on GoToMeeting or is it on Zoom?" Et cetera. So our administrator recently changed it so that that default is not there. And so if you want Google Meet, you have to select it. I would say probably when he initially set it up, it might've taken him half an hour to find out what people wanted and then put in the selections- 30 minutes maybe.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Google is trying to implement a telephone system on top of it. I would say, wait and see, because that's a new product, and wait and see if it's going to work and if it's going to cause you problems.

IT Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has easy ways to share information and documents and have online meetings
  • "The features we use quite a lot are the mail and Google Drive. We can store documents and share documents between both employees here, locally in Sweden, and we have an office in the US as well. It's a very easy way to share information and documents, and have online meetings and stuff with Google Meet. We use it quite a lot."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see more encryption of documents, mail, and things like that. There should be a better way to encrypt mail and documents that are pushed through this system. That would be some improvement or additional features that could be good to have."

What is most valuable?

The features we use quite a lot are the mail and Google Drive. We can store documents and share documents between both employees here, locally in Sweden, and we have an office in the US as well. It's a very easy way to share information and documents, and have online meetings and stuff with Google Meet. We use it quite a lot.

We have been using this solution for five years.

It has been very stable, actually. I can't remember if we had anything that I actually can blame Google for. It's more our internet connection, we need to have it working for this work of course but no, it has been stable.

We just have around a hundred users. At that scale, it works fine. We haven't had any real problems with scaling. For our size company, it seems to be working well.

We have a couple of IT people here that manage it, but it's just a few hours. It doesn't really take much, it doesn't have many users. Fairly little maintenance is needed.

Support is actually not direct. You can search online for information from Google. We have been able to solve things that way, just finding information online.

The initial setup was straightforward because it's totally web-based. We managed it via the web browser and we don't need any special installation of software stuff locally. It was quite easy to set up and start with.

We deployed it around five years ago, but it took a few days to get the basics. It was fairly straightforward. It took a couple of days and I think we had most of it up. We started using it and then we learn as we go with new features and stuff, but the whole thing was fairly straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

There's always room for improvement but it works fairly well for what we need. The conference systems can always be improved of course, but it works quite well for most of the functions we use. Obviously, it's not perfect. Everything can always be better of course, but we are quite satisfied with it.

There is a cost per user, per month. It depends on how many users they have in the system. It's a decent cost anyway. It feels quite okay for what we get for it.

It's simple and easy to get working and started. You don't really need to locally install stuff, you have the browser and that's it. It's easy to set up and it's fairly flexible. There are a lot of apps in it like Meet or collaboration tools. It works well and we have been using it daily. It seems to be a robust and working system. We are quite happy with it. I would recommend it.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. We haven't had any main problems with it. It's more like it could be hard sometimes to find your way through all the settings and using things like that. It's a flexible system, in general it's hassle-free.

In the next release, I would like to see more encryption of documents, mail, and things like that. There should be a better way to encrypt mail and documents that are pushed through this system. That would be some improvement or additional features that could be good to have.

Google
Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Head of IT at Prerana Motors India
The ability to create mail forwarding rules based on the subject line is very useful
  • "If I'm addressing certain emails from banks — automatic emails, like OTP, etc. — I can create rules and forward that OTP to the specific email IDs. You can create rules and deliver mail to different groups using the forwarding feature. It's handy."
  • "Google Mail's spam filter needs improvement. If I'm sending mail to another email user, sometimes it goes to the spam folder, and they won't know unless they check because they aren't seeing it in the primary inbox. They may miss important emails. At the same time, I'm receiving spam that shouldn't go to my inbox."

What is our primary use case?

We use G Suite to send daily operational emails for internal and external purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

If I'm addressing certain emails from banks — automatic emails, like OTP, etc. — I can create rules and forward that OTP to the specific email IDs. You can create rules and deliver mail to different groups using the forwarding feature. It's handy. If I'm getting a message from the bank about paycheck processing, I can forward it to every user who has asked about their paychecks.

When I'm away, I can automatically forward my email to another user taking over for me. A copy of the email goes to the second user, so they can take action in my absence. Any case IDs or other emails related to organizational requirements go to second-level people.

What is most valuable?

The best feature in G Suite is Google Mail forwarding and the ability to create rules based on the subject line. I found it very useful, and you can store additional data in Google Drive.

What needs improvement?

Google Mail's spam filter needs improvement. If I'm sending mail to another email user, sometimes it goes to the spam folder, and they won't know unless they check because they aren't seeing it in the primary inbox. They may miss important emails. At the same time, I'm receiving spam that shouldn't go to my inbox.

We've been dealing with G Suite and Google Mail for 10 years.

G Suite is stable.

G Suite is scalable. You can add as much space as you want. We have more than 200 users working with it.

We get technical support from a third-party provider, not Google, which is difficult to contact. That is one crucial area for improvement. Google should take care of this. They have a customer care number, but it isn't easy to get immediate service. Even though my company is a paid customer, we have to go through third-party vendors. We cannot contact Google when we have any issues. With Microsoft and other vendors, I can call them directly with any problems, but it's hard to contact Google when we need technical support.

We used Yahoo Business Mail in the past, and they had the same problems with technical support as Google, but the storage costs were cheaper. It was 1 TB per user.

The email setup is very easy. It took less than 10 minutes to create my email account and configure it.

G-Suite is a costly investment, but it is better than other solutions in terms of features, functions, usability, and uptime.

The license is based on the number of users, and it's annual. There aren't any additional costs. Sometimes we have automation people who need to access an email ID, so we allocate the old ID to the new employee.

I have other solutions also, but they're not a user-friendly as Google Mail. Some of the features I wanted weren't present, so I didn't recommend these solutions for my organization.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite nine out of 10. It is pretty good. Aside from a few small things, I don't have any issues.

Muzaffar  Abbas
Regional Manager at VDart
Secure, stable, scalable, and easy to use
  • "Being able to back up our data on Google Drive is a critical and valuable feature for our customers. It is just in sync. Imagine you change a file on the desktop, and it gets updated directly to your Google Drive. Our laptop is completely in sync with Google Drive. Google Meet, Google Sheets, and Google Docs are also amazing products. They're very versatile and easy to use as compared to Office 365. I am using Google Sheets and Google Docs, which first save the work on my memory or ROM, and then on my RAM. It gives me better productivity through Google Sheets and Google Docs."
  • "There could be more options in Google G Suite. They can include HD calling for Google Meet. The layout portion in the calendar for Google G Suite can be better designed. When we get into the calendar and start scheduling meetings, we do have few hiccups here and there. The layout can be a little easier. People from different backgrounds are finding it a little bit tough to understand. It should be more intuitive. At the moment, it has a completely white background. To do power saving, it would be good if they can release a darker background. There are a few issues with the formatting of Google Docs when they get converted to Microsoft docs. It would be amazing if they can resolve it in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

We have different use cases. We have a set of people, like the executives and recruiters, who use G Suite for documentation, email, and everything. There is a separate set of people, like the leadership team, who use it just for emails. We also use Google Meet for team meetings. All our laptops are getting backed up to Google Drive. Google has covered everything in one shot.

What is most valuable?

Being able to back up our data on Google Drive is a critical and valuable feature for our customers. It is just in sync. Imagine you change a file on the desktop, and it gets updated directly to your Google Drive. Our laptop is completely in sync with Google Drive.

Google Meet, Google Sheets, and Google Docs are also amazing products. They're very versatile and easy to use as compared to Office 365. I am using Google Sheets and Google Docs, which first save the work on my memory or ROM, and then on my RAM. It gives me better productivity through Google Sheets and Google Docs.

What needs improvement?

There are a few issues with the formatting of Google Docs when they get converted to Microsoft docs. It would be amazing if they can resolve it in the next release.

I have been using this solution for the past three years.

It is stable and reliable.

It is scalable. Scalability is the main feature of G Suite. We have somewhere close to 900 to 1,500 users who use it on a daily basis.

I haven't contacted them. I'm an ISM, and my IT team was responsible for handling the hiccups that happened 45 days ago. When the server was down, they were in touch with the technical team.

I didn't find it complex.

I deployed it on my own. It is maintained on its own in the cloud.

Being an ISM, I regularly audit the logs for the G Suite to find out if we have any kind of hiccups. Around 45 days back, our server went down for almost eight hours. I could figure out through the logs why it was down and what was happening. It is not much work when it comes to the maintenance of G Suite.

I had started doing research from my side about what is G Suite and what other options we have for an enterprise solution. Coming from an IT background, it took me a day or so to understand what G Suite is. It did not take me long.

What other advice do I have?

From information security, that is, confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) as well as stability and reliability point of view, G Suite is the product to go for.

I would rate G Suite Enterprise a nine out of ten.

Founder Director at a renewables & environment company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Affordable communications and collaborations solution
  • "Valuable features of the solution are that it's simple and effective."
  • "To a degree, the project management service could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

My main use case for the solution is communications and to extend collaboration mostly around spreadsheets and a few groups, but mainly just to get teams on. We're working with fairly small teams, so I don't need a complex project management system at this stage. More and more I'm looking at using ClickUp somewhere down the line.

What is most valuable?

Valuable features of the solution are that it's simple and effective. The thing that I use most is access to documentation and being able to download a print; those are handy features for what I do. In general, basic communication administration.

What needs improvement?

To a degree, the project management service could be improved. I see the product is picking up task management specifically and we're trying to move away from emails as far as possible, but still sticking to the task management aspect.

Another area of improvement would be on the conversation side if you use the chat functions; it's a bit all over the place. But it again comes back towards the project management side, or rather workflow. To me, everything is a project, that's how I approach that.

I've been using G Suite since it was Google apps, and that was around 2009.

The stability is fine. I would rather think the local networks are falling apart, so the response times are sometimes slow, but it's not really Google related, it's network related.

The scalability is fine. I've got one site with 50 users, so scalability doesn't really matter that in that environment. On the Google apps platform, it doesn't matter if you have one, or 10, or 100 users really, because each user is just functioning on its own space.

I have not needed Google support in the reseller environment. I once needed to recover a Gmail address, which somebody created for a company and then disappeared, so there's quite a lot of information on there. And Google actually didn't help me, we had to find another way to recover it.

Prior to using G Suite, I used to run quite large projects on Microsoft Project. But that was before cloud was really involved.

The initial setup is straightforward. To integrate apps into G Suite is actually fairly simple. We're fortunately not sitting with a lot of disparate systems. I add one project and then I use IT to sync.

I would say the pricing is very affordable. To me it's cheaper to run a couple of users in a Google platform than what it would be with Microsoft Exchange. But of course, you've got Microsoft Cloud now, so I'm using that as well because clients require that.

What other advice do I have?

When considering G Suite, the key is moving from the old environment, Outlook, or whatever the case might be. I wouldn't use Outlook. I would just stick to the Google interface. But my advice is, if you want change, you've got to plan properly because you'll use it often. That is probably the biggest challenge.

I sell the product, and I would recommend it. I would rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Abhirup Sarkar
Director, Middle East, East India & SAARC at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Stable, easy to use, and very quick to set up
  • "The general ease of use is the solution's most valuable aspect. It's extremely simple to use. You don't even have to look up videos in order to figure things out. It's all very intuitive."
  • "They could increase the number of third-party integrations on offer."

What is our primary use case?

The product itself has a host of tools that come with it. Basically, we use it for our online meetings - web-based meetings. We use Google Meet for them. For file storage, we are using Google Drive. For any surveys or anything, again, there are capabilities. We are using the product for Gmail - their email service.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a host of features. There are so many, we are not using all of them. However, quite a few of them, including Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail, Meet, Calendar, and so on are extremely valuable to us.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability is very good.

The product is on the cloud. It's plug-and-play. There isn't a long, drawn-out setup process.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the solution could be better. Maybe they can get some special pricing for it. They have something called a Business Starter, but maybe they can look at still slightly more optimized pricing for the other companies as well.

They could increase the number of third-party integrations on offer.

I don't see any technical challenges or features that are lacking. More or less, they have everything we need.

We've been using the solution for about a year or so now. It hasn't been too long.

We've found the solution to be very stable. We haven't faced any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's given us no issues at all so far. It's reliable.

The solution can scale. If a company needs to expand, it can do so with relative ease.

We have about 50 users on the solution at this time.

We do pan to continue to use it, and to increase usage in the future.

We did not require the assistance of technical support, and therefore I cannot speak to their level of service. We only really had two issues, and we simply used Google to find the answers we needed. Technical support was not required. Therefore, I can't speak to their level of knowledge or responsiveness.

The solution is on the cloud. It's kind of a plug-and-play solution. We just got a license or subscription. It gave us access to so many users. There are no hassles at all for the installation and configuration. They make it very simple.

It hardly takes more than a few minutes. The deployment is very fast.

You only need one person to handle the deployment process. It requires a very minimal amount of staff.

The pricing is a bit high. They should offer more licenses that could appeal to a wider variety of companies.

We currently have a yearly subscription which we pay.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution currently.

I'd recommend this solution to other users or companies. It's very user-friendly and easy to adopt.

I'd rate the product at a perfect ten out of ten. For a company our size, it gives us everything we require. It's great.

Head of Product at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use and stable but does have formatting issues
  • "The solution offers very good email. It's a very good email provider."
  • "For Google Docs, if you upload a Word document up to Google Docs, it could mess up your formatting quite a bit."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for email and Google Drive. We use Google Sheets as well occasionally. It's mainly those items. We don't really use Google Docs. It's largely Google Drive and Gmail.

What is most valuable?

The solution is rather easy to collaborate on. You can just upload files, even if it is an Excel file or a Word document. Once they are uploaded, you can collaborate easily.

The solution offers very good email. It's a very good email provider.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability of the solution is very good.

The solution is very easy to use.

It's perfect for smaller organizations.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

I used Excel quite a bit. When you switch over to Google Suite, maybe due to the fact that it's a web platform, the shortcuts are not the easiest. I'm quite used to Excel shortcuts. Shortcuts on G Suite are not the best.

In terms of Google Docs, if you upload a Word document up to Google Docs, it could mess up your formatting quite a bit.

I've maybe been working with the solution for about three years or so. In my previous company, we were working with G Suite as well. I've used it across a few organizations at this point.

The stability is very good overall. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability of the product is good. We haven't hit any limitations at all. If a company can scale it, it shouldn't be a problem.

I've never had to reach out to technical support. I've never come across a problem that would require me to raise a ticket. The solution works very well. I haven't had any technical issues and therefore have no experience with technical support.

I also use Microsoft Office. Sometimes when you upload Microsoft to Google, the formatting goes a little haywire.

In terms of the initial setup, I don't know too much about the process. I didn't set it up personally. It was my company's support services that handled the implementation. It was also already up and running when I came in. They just asked me to set up my Gmail and I have access to all the other sorts of apps in G Suite. In that sense, it's straightforward.

Our internal team set up the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are just users and customers.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.  If the solution had fewer formatting issues on Microsoft to Google uploads, and if I used Google Keep more, I might rate it higher.

If you don't use anything, it's always between this option and Office 365. For a smaller company, G Suite is easy to set up. I would assume it's quite straightforward. Microsoft might be better for a larger organization. In general, however, the whole setup is pretty easy to use.

Specialist in IT Security at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reliable, scalable, and simple to implement
  • "I have found the solution to be pretty stable."
  • "There seems to be a bit of vulnerability on some operating systems, specifically on the iPhone. There isn't as much control as if a person is using an Android. That's a bit of a concern."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for work and also for the MDM BYOD control.

What is most valuable?

We're currently still testing the solution. It's very early in the process.

I'm also aware of Microsoft's MDM. When compared with Google, they are both pretty much the same, and not too different.

The initial setup is easy.

The scalability is good.

I have found the solution to be pretty stable.

What needs improvement?

We mostly needed G Suite for the data to implement the BYOD policy. We're still in the process. Once everything is implemented, my understanding is that it will work well for us, however, it's still very early in the process. Right now, we're still in the testing phase.

We'll need to have more control of the data lake once we have the BYOD policy in place. We need more control in terms of DLP going forward. This solution doesn't seem to really cover that functionality.

There may be some usability issues within the browser.

We have not begun using it yet, however, we have the license. We have the license for testing. We've used the solution for about two months in a testing capacity.

To be fair, I only tested Google G Suite and have not compared it to another provider vendor.

That said, the enterprise edition is quite stable compared with simply using Google on the browser to read the email. I find it's not easy to read on the browser.

The scalability on offer has been fine and it seems to be able to expand quite well.

I've never been in touch with technical support. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful they are, or how quickly they respond to questions.

We have found the implementation process to be straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

I'm on the security team. I can't speak to the exact licensing costs. It's not a part of the product I deal with directly.

We did look at different options.

In Thailand, you need to have control the BYOD. That's why we tried to find a solution that addresses this. Our organization already was using the Google G Suite and we decided to move to Enterprise.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not the direct implementer of the product. I just looked into the features inside, however, I did not directly set up G-Suite and therefore I can't be sure if it's a cloud-based deployment.

We are just customers and end-users. We don't have a partnership with Google.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. When I compare it to the Microsoft offering, it's pretty good.