Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Freshteam OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Freshteam?
Freshteam is the perfect HR software for growing businesses. With Freshteam, you can attract, hire and onboard new hires, offboard exiting employees, manage employee information, and time off - all in one place.

Freshteam helps attract top talent through various channels - a quickly creatable career site, integration with multiple free and premium job boards, and social media channels. The software also has the ability to listen to emails making it easy for you to recognize emails from job boards or vendors to add them to the candidate base. Once the candidates are in, the recruiting team can collaborate with hiring managers and screen and interview them, share feedback and leave notes for each other, hire and roll out offers to the best candidates.

Freshteam enables HR to onboard new hires even before day one - whether it’s getting forms filled, documents signed, or handing out handbooks, you can do it over Freshteam in a few clicks. It also allows you the ability to create an onboarding task list and assign it to respective people. You can gather all the necessary information and create employee profiles (which flesh out into a directory), manage access permissions to employee information and documents, etc.

The HR software also takes complete care of employee time off, employee and manager self-service for employees to raise requests, manager approval workflows, time-off reports for teams and the whole organization that give a quick view into upcoming leaves, absenteeism trends, and more.

The Android and iOS apps enable you to carry out important actions on the go.
Freshteam Customers

moneycorp, DSP, SAP, DAIMLER, ocado, Chargebee, ninjacart, TIGER ANALYTICS, NISSAN

Freshteam Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Freshteam pricing:
  • "For our training period, we were simply given a user ID and password by the company, with which we could log in and do our work on the platform. The licensing was someone else's responsibility."
  • "Freshteam has a free tier as well as a 14 day free trial. The free tier is suitable for a small or home office. If this tier is not suitable, an organization could sign up for the 14 day trial for a higher tier to try all the features and decide if it suits their needs."
  • Freshteam Reviews

Poornima Kumari - PeerSpot reviewer
    Interviewee at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
    Enables better communication between candidates and employers, and offers useful scheduling features
    • "There are a few reasons why I like Freshteam, including how easily you can get connected with candidates, and how easily candidates can get connected with you as the employer. One of the best features is its scheduling system, which gives both parties the opportunity to schedule different parts of the recruitment process. So if a candidate wants to know my schedule or when I will be available, that information is easy to find."
    • "In the beginning, I was having a hard time learning the software because I was using it on a remote basis. Of course, I used some YouTube videos and other online resources to get by, but for me personally, I learn a bit more easily when the training is done in-person. I had to work double time just on the learning part of it, so I would say that Freshteam could do with better training resources."

What is our primary use case?

I was trained in the use of Freshteam over the course of one month as part of an internship at the company I've been working at. During this time, I was working on recruiting processes such as onboarding and candidate selection.

If a candidate was selected, then we collected their data and proceeded with their recruitment step-by-step. For example, the first step is contacting the candidate who has applied for the post. Then, once they've done the telephonic round, I'd send them an email for the next round, which is the written round.

We don't use Freshteam on a regular basis, however, and I mainly used it as part of our company training, which included training on other recruitment portals like Knockri and websites such as LinkedIn.

How has it helped my organization?

If we're talking from the candidate's point of view, such as if they're applying for some post and they want to know if anyone's having an issues or problems, he or she can easily get connected with the candidate through Freshteam. It offers a portal that is very accessible for any queries that candidates might have during the recruitment process. And if you want to discuss the company and the employer with the candidate, you can easily do so, while keeping a record of all the details discussed.

With Freshteam, it's easy to get to know what kind of employee we need and what kind of experience we're looking for, among other attributes. It gives you a nice way to view the particulars of potential candidates from all angles, which results in efficient and effective recruiting.

What is most valuable?

Another nice feature is that if somebody is not selected for the post that they're applying for, they can get notified very quickly so that they don't waste their time waiting.

For the most part, it's got a lot of features that support both the candidates and the employer which makes the process more fair to everyone involved.

What needs improvement?

In the beginning, I was having a hard time learning the software because I was using it on a remote basis. Of course, I used some YouTube videos and other online resources to get by, but for me personally, I learn a bit more easily when the training is done in-person. I had to work double time just on the learning part of it, so I would say that Freshteam could do with better training resources.

If there were better training available, it would have made things much easier for me because when I'm learning on a virtual basis, it takes longer to assimilate what I need to know.

Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Freshworks, Breezy HR, SmartRecruiters and others in Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software. Updated: September 2022.
    633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have used Freshteam for one month.

I didn't notice any problems with stability, although I only used it during the one-month training period.

I can't comment on scalability much because in my country there aren't that many people who are aware of Freshteam. So I think that there are too few candidates who are using the software for scalability to come into play.

The technical support is nice. When I was working with Freshteam I was able to ask Freshworks, the parent company, any questions I had when facing problems.

Apart from Freshteam, I've also used Knockri, which is a job portal commonly used in India, and LinkedIn.

If you want growth in your professional life, then you should go with Freshteam because it's a nice applicant tracking system and it works on a real-time basis. It's also more sophisticated than a job portal such as Knockri. If you're using the Knockri portal, then you're just applying for the post and waiting for a reply. Just that. But with Freshteam, you can get started in minutes and have access to all sorts of features that connect you directly with the company you're applying for.

People tend to communicate better when using Freshteam rather than something like Knockri, because if someone wants to know anything from the other, they can send a message and the other person can build a reply within minutes. If you're using Knockri, on the other hand, it's a fine job portal but you generally have to wait a bit longer to get a reply from the other party.

Deployment is easy because everything is done by the application online. There were no real headaches when setting up Freshteam for the first time.

What other advice do I have?

I think I would like to work more on Freshteam in the future because it's a great software platform and easy enough to learn. It's also very accessible. The only downside for my scenario is that there aren't that many firms or even candidates who are using Freshteam here where I work.

However, for others, I would say that if you want greater growth in your career, then Freshteam is a great application. I personally would like to use it more going forward.

Especially when you compare Freshteam with job portals like Knockri, there's a lot more respect for the candidates when employers use Freshteam. When jobs are posted to Knockri, there's a big possibility that the candidate is just wasting their time waiting for a reply or some kind of notification that may never come.

Yet with Freshteam, we can instantly notify the candidates about the application status and other things. And not only that, but it's focus on time and scheduling is also a great feature. For example, if I'm set to host an interview on Zoom or Google Meet at 12 o'clock, but the applicant can't make it, we can easily reschedule through Freshteam.

I would rate Freshteam an eight out of ten.

Other
    JoseQuintero1 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Services Manager at a tech services company with self employed
    Comprehensive HR solution that centralises the management of all staff information
    • "Our entire employee base is supported by Freshteam. We register all our employees and their candidates inside the system and use it to handle all interviews, feedback, personal information and budgets."
    • "The solution could be improved if it included a payroll system, to be a completely 360 degrees HR solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our entire employee base is supported by Freshteam. We register all our employees and their candidates inside the system and use it to handle all interviews, feedback, personal information and budgets. We also use Freshteam to declare time off, create job requisitions and handle everything HR related.

How has it helped my organization?

Freshteam has allowed to leverage all HR-related tasks and processes in a single, cloud-based solution, enormously increasing the speed of candidate acquisition and control of administrative employees schedules such as time-offs and holidays.

What is most valuable?

The Talent Pool. It's a candidates' database inside Freshteam. Every candidate we find via job seekers, interview, but not hire immediately, is kept in the Talent Pool for future reference. We have hired several employees that were initially put on hold by searching the pool, sometimes even hiring them for positions other thatn the originally intended, of for positions that were not available/existent at the time of the first contact.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved if it included a payroll system, to be a completely 360 degrees HR solution. Besides payroll, everything else HR related is handled in Freshworks. It would also be great to centralize all the data for potential candidates who are in our talent tool and to be able to search this pool by specific criteria such as skills and experience.

We evaluate our personnel in order to consider them for promotions and salary raises. However, this process is completely manual and requires us to dig into their entire history to consider when their last raise and promotion was, for example. It would be really valuable if this process could be made simpler using this solution, especially for large teams and to include reporting functionality related to this data.

We have been a partner of Freshworks for nearly four years.

This is a stable solution.

The scalability of this solution is dependent on the tier which you pay for. That is, the higher the tier, the more features you get access to. Some of our clients have wanted to make use of features that are not included in the tier they pay for; in such cases, the solution does allow for the purchase of additional features for a small additional fee, without incurring on the price increase for a whole higher tier altogether.

Covid took a toll on the support we have received from the Freshworks team with most of their support teams based in India. The support has recently improved.

I would rate their customer service a seven out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

No. All HR tasks were done ad-hoc.

The initial setup was straightforward. We deployed it in a couple of days.

I would suggest five people are needed for a medium to big deployment including a project manager, a technical lead, and up to three engineers. In smaller deployments, a project manager would suffice. The Freshworks solutions are quite easy to configure.

We implemented it in-house.

Around 4-6 months.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that an organization have a very clear and concise idea of all their business processes and rules to decide if Freshteam is the right solution for them.

Private Cloud

Other
    Download our free Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Freshworks, Breezy HR, SmartRecruiters, and more!
    Updated: September 2022