IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Digital.ai Agility OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Digital.ai Agility is #2 ranked solution in top Value Stream Management Software, #4 ranked solution in top Release Automation tools, #9 ranked solution in top Enterprise Agile Planning Tools, and #12 ranked solution in top Application Lifecycle Management Suites. PeerSpot users give Digital.ai Agility an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Digital.ai Agility is most commonly compared to Jira: Digital.ai Agility vs Jira. Digital.ai Agility is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 78% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
Digital.ai Agility Buyer's Guide

Download the Digital.ai Agility Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Digital.ai Agility?

Enterprise business agility rests on agile planning that scales and has the flexibility needed to meet the needs of customers and the market. Digital.ai Agility enables organizations to scale up agile from the team level across the product portfolio, improve collaboration and efficiency, and deliver software that provides more value.

Digital.ai Agility was previously known as VersionOne Lifecycle, VersionOne, CollabNet VersionOne, Digital.ai Continuum.

Digital.ai Agility Customers

Siemens Health Services (HS), Cerner Corporation, Aaron's, Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta, Kelley Blue Book, AOL, Axway, Tideworks, bwin Interactive Entertainment, AG, Intergraph, Eos Group, PeopleCube, Liquid Machines

Digital.ai Agility Video

Digital.ai Agility Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Digital.ai Agility pricing:
  • "Comparing the pricing to other products, I think this solution is in the middle."
  • "You get what you pay for. Don't let your development teams dictate what the portfolio management team should use as the main tool."
  • Digital.ai Agility Reviews

Debbie Brey - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Fellow at Boeing
    A scalable, full-package solution with a tech support team that bends over backwards to help
    • "With some of the other tools, you have to buy 20 different plugins to get to the same capability that comes with the basic Agility capability."
    • "There is room for improvement in getting the analytics portion of the solution more integrated with the rest of it."

What is our primary use case?

My team is currently using this solution as our backlog management tool. We have both an on-prem version and a public cloud. We have some traditional software development teams that are using the on-prem version. For our cloud version, right now we have non-software teams that are experimenting using Agile.

How has it helped my organization?

My team has been using the information on flow throughput and really looking at the larger stories that seem to take a lot longer to get through. We've been focused on improving our flow by breaking down the work into smaller chunks, and we're seeing a better throughput by doing that.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable thing is kind of the whole package together. The problem that we have with some of the other tools is that you have to buy 20 different plugins to get to the same capability that comes with the basic Agility capability.

What needs improvement?

The feature I would like to see is already in their newer licensing structure, and that's the live integration between Agility, Jira and Azure DevOps. That's the piece that I think is really valuable.

Digital.ai Agility
    August 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Digital.ai Agility. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
    619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have used this solution since it was called VersionOne back in 2010.

The stability is great. On occasion, we might have an issue with an incompatibility between the browser we're using and an update, but I have not had any issues with stability.

The solution is definitely scalable. The part of our organization that has the on-prem version probably has 12 different programs that are utilizing the same instance. We have about 2,500 users, and the entire organization accesses the tool.

Our goal is to increase usage and integrate the solution with Jira and Azure DevOps so that it sits on top of those and provides the higher level reporting, while the other teams can be working in Jira and Azure DevOps themselves.

On a scale of one to five, one being useless and five being perfect, I would give the tech support team a five. They tend to bend over backwards to provide us with the support that we need.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward, especially because you don't have to install anything with the cloud version.

Our deployment was done totally in-house. People could get into the tool by request, so our IT organization built a capability around requesting a user account so they could keep track of the users.

For our on-prem version, we have a maintenance team of about four people. We don't have any support staff for the cloud version.

We pay an annual fee based on a certain number of users and a rate that they gave us based on the number of users. Comparing the pricing to other products, I think this solution is in the middle. We really want to figure this out exactly, but I think if we were to take Jira and Azure DevOps and add up all of the add-ins needed to make them equivalent to what we have in Agility, we'd be paying about the same amount.

There are three tools, Digital.ai Agility, Jira, and Microsoft Azure DevOps, that we use in-house. Some of them are used more than others, but I found that Agility really has the full package which makes it easier because then teams don't have multiple things to be worried about. They can just get the one tool, and it has everything they need.

What other advice do I have?

For others looking at implementing this product, my advice would be to take a systems-thinking view of the tool that you are looking for and make sure that you don't just go on price points.

I would rate this solution as a nine out of ten.

Independent Contractor
    It's a flexible solution that scales from traditional agile to SAFe
    • "Agility is highly flexible. It can do much more than what our client is doing with it. They use it in a defined way. Some at that company have a much broader knowledge of agile and SAFe, but they're given applications and a mandated way to work. We had to work within their parameters and provide an accurate transition so the data would be mapped and pushed through."
    • "In my work as a contractor, it's always frustrating when a client has multiple software applications that don't talk to each other and they all perform the same function. That presents a huge challenge between their IT groups."

What is our primary use case?

Our client uses Agility in a highly defined way, but it's not flexible. That's what we brought to the table. We handled the transition and mapping to take data from Jira and define a mapping solution in Digital.ai then push that upstream through to Clarity. Then we map the data to terminology because the hierarchies are very different between safe and agile.

They're a siloed organization, but the C-suite executives don't care, and they're not going to change that. They're unwilling to change their software, but they want reports, so they brought us in to reconcile this and push the data that they need to file their financial and forecasting reports.

Even though if, in the strictest methodology sense, it didn't make that much sense but from reporting it was able to push the data. You wouldn't normally mach, for instance, a feature to an epic. You wouldn't do that because they're not at all the same. Things like that. They took terminology from Jira and they mapped it through to Agility and then took from Agility and mapped it up to Clarity. Actually, that interface was done first, the Agility to Clarity.

What is most valuable?

Agility is highly flexible. It can do much more than what our client is doing with it. They use it in a defined way. Some at that company have a much broader knowledge of agile and SAFe, but they're given applications and a mandated way to work. We had to work within their parameters and provide an accurate transition so the data would be mapped and pushed through.

What needs improvement?

In my work as a contractor, it's always frustrating when a client has multiple software applications that don't talk to each other and they all perform the same function. That presents a huge challenge between their IT groups.

I did not use Agility before this current project, so I've only been using it for five or six months. I don't have a lot of hands-on experience with Agility, but I know Rally and Jira like the back of my hand. In the past, I worked on a project where we used seven versions of Jira, and I had to define a new methodology for the company.

I've used Jira and Rally in the past, but we're using Digital.ai because it's crucial to our clients. Agility can scale from traditional agile to SAFe. Jira is great, but it's so customizable that you can get into trouble sometimes. At the same time, a lot of companies use Jira. I'm not a flag-waving fan of Jira, but it was the first one in that space, and that's how it got its hold in the market. Today, a lot of other great products have come along. I like Agility's scalability and flexibility. Honestly, I even like Rally better than Jira.

I wasn't involved with the setup. I just deal with the mapping components.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Digital.ai Agility eight out of 10. Before implementing Agility, I would consider your use case and requirements. What were you going to use it for? Is it strictly internal? Are you working with lots of other clients that might default to Jira?

I recommend defining your use case and deciding if Digital.ai Agility is suitable. I prefer Agility out of the three applications we work with because it has the most flexibility and can work at a higher level. It can also be scaled to profile for either SAFe or standard agile. Having something flexible and scalable gives a company a better opportunity to have a support application that can be used by different business units or technology units within the firm. I recommend doing your homework, looking at requirements, and making decisions. I rank Agility among the top five.

Other
    Digital.ai Agility
    August 2022
    619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    AymanSo - PeerSpot reviewer
    Enterprise Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    Good reporting, offers multiple planning levels and helpful features for iteration planning
    • "It can generate reports showing a burndown chart, burnup chart, and the planned vs actual velocity."
    • "The user interface can be improved by adding Save, Edit, Add, Cancel, and Return buttons to the popup windows that are displayed when you click on a child item."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to do the following:

• Define portfolio epics.
    • Define strategic themes and link portfolio items to them.
    • Create features under portfolio epics.
    • Create enabler epics that encapsulate governance artifacts.
    • Create value streams (operational and development).
    • Associate portfolio items with value streams.
    • Roll up features and users' stories and tasks to achieve portfolio items and value streams.
    • Create teams and associate tasks with teams.
    • Assign points to user stories.
    • Assign hours to tasks.
    • Calculate the velocity of the team showing how many points they can take on in each iteration.

How has it helped my organization?

Digital.ai Agility helped our organization define the Enterprise Value Streams. These value streams account for all the activities that contribute to the bottom line of the organization.

In the Digital.ai Agility tool, you can derive all user stories, features, and epics from the top-level portfolio items and value streams. Any work that is done must contribute to the value streams, otherwise, it should be questioned why that effort is being executed.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• The associations between the development tasks and how much these development tasks contribute to advancing the bottom line of the organization.
    • The rolling up of work done on features to epics, both for portfolio epics and enabler epics.
    • The ability to define multiple planning levels, so each team within the organization can use their own planning level without affecting the work of other teams.
    • The ability to define iterations, including iteration planning, iteration closing, carry over, and tasks.
    • It can generate reports showing a burndown chart, burnup chart, and the planned vs actual velocity.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can be improved by adding Save button to the popup windows that are displayed when you click on a child item. The current behavior is a new tab in your browser opens up and shows the child item content. It is intuitive to search for "Save" button after you make your changes but there is no "Save" button. You just need to close the tab and go back to the original tab and refresh and this is cumbersome.

We have been using Digital.ai Agility for one year.

Azure DevOps was used by the development teams but was not adequate to manage the enterprise-level planning exercises.

We evaluated both Jira and Azure DevOps before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

If your organization is adopting SAFe (ScaledAgileFramework) processes and methodologies, Digital.ai Agility is the tool to manage those processes.

Other
    Vice President at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    • "For visualization capabilities, the automation capabilities make it possible to support the different personas. The features and capabilities are excellent and come with excellent support."
    • "The machine learning features are a new capability but could be improved. This is being worked by Digital.ai currently. Multicolor simulation, specifically, could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The Excel Release and Excel Deploy is part of the continuous delivery management stack and we use this to plan release automation. We also use it to standardize complex enterprise scale application deployments in complex environments, usually using virtual machines, containers and cloud infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

It has accelerated issue resolution and reduced lead times. It has helped to increase communication. From a high-level perspective, it has increased software delivery speed and reliability.

What is most valuable?

For visualization capabilities, the automation capabilities make it possible to support the different personas. The features and capabilities are great and come with excellent customer support.

What needs improvement?

The machine learning features are a new capability but could be improved. This is being worked on by Digital.ai currently. Multicolor simulation, specifically, could be improved.

We have been using this solution for 5 years.

It is a very stable solution.

It is a scalable solution.

Currently, less than 10 staff are using this solution as the specific project we are using it for is in the early stages.

The customer support is excellent. The one aspect that could be improved from a support perspective is the personas and machine learning capabilities.

We previously used Azure DevOps and have a strategy to integrate Agility.ai and Azure DevOps. We would use Agility.ai for enterprise planning in a scaled environment and Azure DevOps would be used on a team level. The integration of the two tools would be used for delivery pipelines.

We focused on cloud deployment and it took one week.

We used a vendor and we had a great experience

We evaluated Atlassian, which includes Jira, and Siemens Pularium.

What other advice do I have?

Digital.ai Agility is an excellent tool to implement or adopt safe frameworks. Staff should have some knowledge and engage in training so that they know what they are doing. You need some time and experience to understand all the dependencies of the tool.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Google
    Download our free Digital.ai Agility Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: August 2022