Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Broadcom Service Virtualization OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Broadcom Service Virtualization is #1 ranked solution in top Service Virtualization tools. PeerSpot users give Broadcom Service Virtualization an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Broadcom Service Virtualization is most commonly compared to Micro Focus Service Virtualization: Broadcom Service Virtualization vs Micro Focus Service Virtualization. Broadcom Service Virtualization is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 76% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is Broadcom Service Virtualization?

CA Service Virtualization acts as a catalyst for DevOps by simulating constrained or unavailable systems across the software development lifecycle (SDLC). This allows developers, testers and performance teams to work in parallel to accelerate app delivery, as well as to “shift-left” the app testing to improve application quality. CA Service Virtualization was previously known as LISA, the product from the ITKO acquisition.

Broadcom Service Virtualization was previously known as ITKO LISA, CA LISA, CA Service Virtualization .

Broadcom Service Virtualization Customers

Union Bank, Swisscom, Autotrader, KPN, ING Bank, Best Buy, American Family Insurance, TESCO, Telefonica, Molina Healthcare, California DMV, Aktia, City Index, Con-way, DirecTV, GRU Airport, Liquidnet, NAB, Nordstrom, T-Mobile, TIM Brasil,

Broadcom Service Virtualization Video

Broadcom Service Virtualization Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Broadcom Service Virtualization pricing:
  • "I don't have the exact dollar amount, but we have spent close to $1,000,000 for a three-year agreement, for an enterprise level."
  • "There is a yearly licensing cost, and I would give it a four out of five."
  • Broadcom Service Virtualization Reviews

Service Virtualization Architect at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
    Feature-rich, easy to configure and set up, and the support is good
    • "There are several areas that are easily configurable."
    • "I would like to have more flexibility towards the mainframe virtualization and also in JDBC virtualization."

What is our primary use case?

We mark up several APIs from web servers, JMS, and MQ Services with this solution. We use it to support our performance testing. Some of the virtual services that have been built by this solution will support somewhere around 2000 to 3000GPS perfectly.

What is most valuable?

There are several areas that are easily configurable. A person, without having a lot of development experience, should be able to perform most of the functions.

There are many different features available to build services with adequate response times, recording of visitors.

What needs improvement?

Because I have not compared it with other toolsets, I don't have a lot of insight. The only area that I can think of at the moment is the building of automated APA test cases. Based on your services, this is an area that requires improvement.

I have been working with Broadcom Service Virtualization, CA Dev Test CA Service Virtualization, hands-on for the last ten years.

We are using the latest version of this solution.

We have a closed set of people in our organization who are using this product.

This solution has been consumed by a wide variety of projects.

We have approximately 30 users who are using it.

We have great support, even though we do not have an enterprise agreement.

In terms of stability and scalability, if we have had any issues, we have great support.

With support, it depends on the level. If it is level one, you can call. If it is level two, they will issue a support ticket and it will be addressed within 8 to 12 hours.

Tier three and tier four is knowledge-based, and you are referred to their portal, and also communities.

We can look into it and search for customers with similar issues, and they have detailed solutions.

If you are not able to resolve your issue then the support team will assist you with your issue.

Previously, we were not using any other tools.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We did not use a vendor or reseller. We completed the implementation in-house.

Any number of people can use it, and it has three performance inputs and any number of functional servers.

We have been comparing it with other tools.

Broadcom is expensive when compared to other open-source or low-cost toolsets.

We have been doing the feasibility with other low-cost tools and the use cases that were supported with Broadcom were not supported by ReadyAPI. This is why we chose to go with Broadcom Service Virtualization.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Broadcom Service virtualization a nine out of ten.

Senior Project Manager at Infosys
    MSP
    Can be used for the virtualization of TCP/IP protocols for third-party terminal insurance
    • "In the case of the virtualization of TCP/IP protocols for third-party terminal insurance, there was a device terminal, which was interacting with the application via the TCP/IP protocol. Most of the tools don't support that, but we were able to achieve it using Broadcom Service Virtualization."
    • "The cost is an area that needs improvement. There are a couple of other tools which provide support for performance testing with the base version itself, but Broadcom needs a separate component to support virtualization for performance testing. This is a costly component."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the virtualization of third-party APIs for performance testing.

Our second use case is related to the virtualization of TCP/IP protocols for third-party terminal insurance, which is used for insurance clients.

What is most valuable?

In the case of the virtualization of TCP/IP protocols for third-party terminal insurance, there was a device terminal, which was interacting with the application via the TCP/IP protocol. Most of the tools don't support that, but we were able to achieve it using Broadcom Service Virtualization.

What needs improvement?

The cost is an area that needs improvement. There are a couple of other tools which provide support for performance testing with the base version itself, but Broadcom needs a separate component to support virtualization for performance testing. This is a costly component.

We have been using it in the current project for the last six months. It's deployed on the cloud.

It is stable.

It should be scalable.

We had to reach out to technical support for some help regarding the TCP/IP virtualization, and we received good support from them and were able to implement the solution as per the planned timeline.

The deployment is simple.

It was deployed in the client's environment by the service provider.

Our clients have seen an ROI.

There is a yearly licensing cost, and I would give it a four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good tool with support for a variety of protocols and has a user-friendly UI and other scripting features as well. I will give it a rating of nine out of ten.

Product Categories