Sigma OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sigma is the #45 ranked solution in top Business Intelligence Tools. PeerSpot users give Sigma an average rating of 10.0 out of 10. Sigma is most commonly compared to Tableau: Sigma vs Tableau.

Download the BI (Business Intelligence) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Sigma?

Sigma is the next-generation of analytics for cloud data warehouses with a familiar spreadsheet-like interface that gives business experts the power to ask any question of their data no matter the query.

Sigma Customers

Snowflake, Fivetran ,Autodesk, Flowspace, Super League Gaming, Zumper, Clover, Volta, Olivela

Sigma Video

Sigma Reviews

Erik Jones - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of BI and Analytics at HyperScience
Streamlines reporting; like Excel on steroids
  • "Sigma is a great software for non-technical business users. If someone's familiar with pivot tables or Excel or Google Sheets, they should be able to pick up Sigma pretty quickly. There is a very low bar for onboarding."
  • "I would like to see better visualization options. That would allow me to build out more visually pleasing dashboarding in Sigma."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases for Sigma are exploratory data analysis and reporting and dashboarding.

How has it helped my organization?

Sigma improved our organization by enabling us to streamline our processes. My finance team previously handled reporting in Microsoft Excel and in Google Sheets. That's now all been transferred over to Sigma Computing. Our finance team now runs entirely off of Sigma Computing for their monthly financial reporting.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable Sigma features is the ability to create pivot tables from millions and millions of rows in data. Sigma is like Excel on steroids.

The ability to share and embed Sigma in different applications is also valuable.

What needs improvement?

I think Sigma's dashboarding has room for improvement. They have a relatively limited number of visuals that you can use and sometimes I have a need for visualizations outside of the offerings that they have. I would like to see better visualization options. That would allow me to build out more visually pleasing dashboarding in Sigma.

BI (Business Intelligence) Tools
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Sigma Computing, Tableau, Mode and others in BI (Business Intelligence) Tools. Updated: November 2022.
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Sigma for the past year.

Sigma is a stable solution. Absolutely. I have not had to submit any support tickets nor run into an issue with it.

Sigma is scalable. We are rolling it out to the entire organization soon. We have 15 users currently and will probably have upwards of about 200 users by the end of the year.

Sigma's technical support has been fantastic. They are quick, efficient, and have same-day responses.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

No, we did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was very easy. It only took about 10 minutes.

The immediate return on investment that we got was a reduction in manual hours of maintaining Excel and Google Sheets spreadsheets.

We pay between $20,000 and $25,000 a year for Sigma licensing.

No other options that do what Sigma does were available to evaluate against at that time, which is why we did not consider other options.

What other advice do I have?

Sigma is a great software for non-technical business users. If someone's familiar with pivot tables or Excel or Google Sheets, they should be able to pick up Sigma pretty quickly. There is a very low bar for onboarding. It's very easy to get up and running with the tool.