IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SAS Fraud Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAS Fraud Management is #7 ranked solution in Fraud Detection and Prevention software. PeerSpot users give SAS Fraud Management an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAS Fraud Management is most commonly compared to IBM Safer Payments: SAS Fraud Management vs IBM Safer Payments. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.
What is SAS Fraud Management?

Respond faster to new threats. Reduce false positives for a better customer experience. SAS Fraud Management uses industry-leading data analytics and machine learning to monitor payments and nonmonetary transactions, as well as events, enabling you to identify and respond to unwanted and suspicious behavior in real time.

Download the Fraud Detection and Prevention Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

SAS Fraud Management Customers

Nets

SAS Fraud Management Video

SAS Fraud Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAS Fraud Management pricing:
"If your company has the budget, I would absolutely recommend SAS."

SAS Fraud Management Reviews

SAS Consultant at DXC
Monitor multiple channels with a single platform
  • "The security is also very good."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to restrict problematic behavior, like the hurdling of transactional behavior of the customers and third-party customers who are not directly connected with the bank. The main purpose is to detect fraud.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past, our clients had to pay a lot of money for each and every department. Now they can just pay for a single centralized system with SAS.  It's very user-friendly. One business user can directly monitor all the downloads and whatever's coming in. Also, there is a helpful social network in SAS.

What is most valuable?

Each bank has a lot of different verticals. Before, for each and every vertical, they had to implement a different fraud solution. Presently, the main purpose of SAS is to maintain a centralized platform for all of the verticals — like agriculture, NSME, and home loans. For each and every vertical, they created a centralized platform where the bank can monitor everything from one system. That is the main purpose of SAS Fraud Management. It is a little bit costly. Otherwise, it's pretty good. Suppose you are going to create a data science model or an analytical model. With Python, you have to write long subcodes, but with SAS, you just have to drag and drop those things. If you know all of the logic and all of the theories, then it's a very comfortable tool to use. The security is also very good. That's why most of the industry is adopting SAS. Data security is very good because the Reserve Bank of India has approved it. That said, almost all the banks are now implementing SAS as an all-in-one solution.

I have been using this solution for the last three to four years.
    Fraud Detection and Prevention
    May 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, IBM, FICO and others in Fraud Detection and Prevention. Updated: May 2022.
    599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.

There is no doubt that this solution is a very important part of our business — and it's really good for detecting fraud occurring in near real-time — SAS is very low latency.

It's extremely scalable, just a little costly.

We rarely have to consult customer support, but on the occasions that we have, they have been very helpful — we are satisfied.

There is an implementation guide that you can follow for scale, they'll set up all those things. After that, if you need any patches, any hotfixes, then SAS will provide those hotfixes, but you have to apply all of those hotfixes and patches.  You just have to follow the document in detail — it's a very neat and clean explanation. All you need is a little experience with Java, then you can easily implement SAS.

The initial setup was done by us and our team. We implemented some parts but mostly, the implementation was done by SAS. On our side, we have two SAS guys involved in the deployment. In total, there were six people involved in deploying SAS. We had to deploy two things. One was the fraud and management center and the other was the enterprise solution that is also from SAS. For maintenance, just one or two admin employees are enough to maintain this solution completely.

What other advice do I have?

If your company has the budget, I would absolutely recommend SAS — it's really valuable to our business. I think it's the easiest tool when it comes to writing code. It is very easy and compact. On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAS a rating of nine. I learned a lot of techniques and algorithms using SAS.
    Head of Practice at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Scalable and easy to use but could have better technical support
    • "The solution is easy to use."
    • "Occasionally, there are some mechanisms that can work a bit slow."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for fraud prevention cases.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

It's pretty stable in terms of performance. The performance overall is very good.

The solution can scale well.

The initial setup is pretty easy. It's not too difficult.

What needs improvement?

We have some issues with SAS Visual Investigator.

Occasionally, there are some mechanisms that can work a bit slow.

Technical support could be faster and more responsive when we reach out.

I've been using the solution for a few months. It's still fairly new to me. I haven't used it for that long just yet.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and the performance has been very good so far.

That said, from my perspective, has had some issues with stability and performance issues in that they have a lot of data and it has some indexing and mechanisms that work a bit slow.

The solution has been scalable. If a company needs to expand it out, it can do so easily. It's not a problem. It's easy.

We have two customers that are actively using the solution.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. Technical support could be much quicker and much more flexible. We're are not 100% satisfied with the level of service they provide to us or their customers. They could be much better.

The solution is not overly complex or difficult to implement. It's more straightforward. It takes about a few days to install and to handle a general installation.

We have a technical team of about five or seven people that can handle any maintenance that is required.

We are a consultancy company. We can assist clients with implementation.

Customers need to pay a licensing fee yearly.

What other advice do I have?

We are consultants and partners of SAS.

I'm not sure if the version we are currently on is the latest version or not.

In general, I would recommend the solution to other users or organizations. We've been pretty pleased with it so far. Its capabilities are quite good.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Download our free Fraud Detection and Prevention Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAS, IBM, FICO, and more!
    Updated: May 2022