IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ProcessRobot by Softomotive OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ProcessRobot by Softomotive is #12 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give ProcessRobot by Softomotive an average rating of 8 out of 10. ProcessRobot by Softomotive is most commonly compared to WinAutomation by Softomotive: ProcessRobot by Softomotive vs WinAutomation by Softomotive. ProcessRobot by Softomotive is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is ProcessRobot by Softomotive?

ProcessRobot is a leading enterprise RPA platform, including enterprise-grade security and controls, with links to best-of-breed AI technologies.

ProcessRobot empowers enterprises to dramatically reduce operational costs, increase efficiency, improve productivity and accelerate performance.

Automate routine operations across your entire organization and unleash your potential. Organize structured workflows and enjoy better data quality eliminating human error and focusing on higher priority, value-added initiatives. Say goodbye to costly implementations and do more things in less time.

Request a live demo

About Softomotive

Softomotive is one of the leading worldwide providers of Robotic Process Automation solutions, trusted by more than 8,000 companies worldwide.

Softomotive provides the smoothest RPA journey by allowing you to start small, learn quickly and scale seamlessly. This helps to reduce overall project risk and avoids high up-front costs which can make achieving a positive ROI that much harder.

Softomotive recognises that when it comes to automation one size does not fit all. We are the only provider of process automation technology to offer a portfolio of solutions designed to meet the diverse needs of individuals, small teams, growth companies, and large enterprises. Both attended and unattended process automation solutions, which share the same underlying automation engine for a seamless transition, are delivered through powerful, robust RPA technology. These range from a standalone desktop solution to a server-based, distributed Enterprise RPA platform, both of which are quick to deploy and provide the best value for money

ProcessRobot by Softomotive was previously known as Softomotive ProcessRobot, ProcessRobot.

ProcessRobot by Softomotive Customers

Xerox, IBM, Diageo, PWC, JP Morgan, Coloplast, Reventics

ProcessRobot by Softomotive Video

ProcessRobot by Softomotive Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ProcessRobot by Softomotive pricing:
  • "Good price-quality relationship. Its features for its price were the best fit for our company."
  • "This is a cost-effective product and now that it has been acquired by Microsoft, we don't expect the cost to increase with the next release."
  • "Licensing is on an annual basis."
  • "The price of the solution is reasonable."
  • "The pricing of this solution is very good and for me, it's the best option there is."
  • ProcessRobot by Softomotive Reviews

Stijn Maricau - PeerSpot reviewer
    Owner at maricau consulting
    Easy to use solution with automated reporting capability
    • "This solution improved the reporting in our organization. The financial department was doing a lot of copy pasting from different sources to create financial reports. Through ProcessRobot, we were able to automate all those copy pasting and produce all those financial reports overnight."
    • "Some automation features on some programs did not work smoothly."

What is our primary use case?

It's an RPA (Robotic Process Automation), so it's a robot and we use it to automate a lot of financial reports.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution improved the reporting in our organization. The financial department was doing a lot of copy-pasting from different sources to create financial reports. Through ProcessRobot, we were able to automate all those copy-pasting and produce all those financial reports overnight. Our financial department was able to free up a lot of their time. They no longer need to invest their time in the work, particularly in creating the report. They can focus their time on analyzing the data more, rather than exerting more time in report creation.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to use. It was one of the easiest to use, plus the price-quality was the reason why we selected this. Its features for its price were the best fit for our company.

What needs improvement?

As for what could be improved in this solution: I tried to do some automation on Microsoft Dynamics AX and it was not successful. The integration with Dynamics AX was not really a success, but for the rest, I don't have problems with. Some automation features on some programs did not work smoothly, so that's a negative feature. That might be solved now with the newer version because Microsoft took over Softomotive. I hope they have improved that feature and that it now works better with their own software. I'm not really missing features I'd like to see on the next release because we only use it for a really small target area. We just use it for reporting. It's not like we're using it extensively on test automation and other similar processes, but I know we can do a lot more with this solution.
    Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, UiPath, Automation Anywhere and others in Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Updated: June 2022.
    610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've been using this solution for three years now.

This solution is really stable.

About the scalability of this solution, we're using the desktop version now, and I know that there's some other version. We can scale it up to use more robots, but we don't have a requirement for it currently.

The technical support for this solution was really okay. Information on the website was documented well e.g. there were nice manuals. I didn't use their technical support, but the website where I could find all the technical documentation was really good. Because it was well-documented, it was self-explanatory and I could start from there.

We used two different solutions, but we switched because they were too expensive for the purpose we wanted to use those solutions for.

Setting up this solution was really straightforward. It just needed a little bit of clicking. It only took a few minutes to install as it's a really simple program. It's not complicated.

Implementing this solution was self-explanatory. I did the implementation myself.

We saw a significant return on investment because we were able to save a lot of time from our financial and human resources staff, so this saves a lot of money and the return on investment on that 1,000 euros is quickly felt.

We paid for one license for this solution. It was a lifetime license for this version (version 8), and we paid around 1,000 euros. At the moment, as long as we use this version, there is no additional cost, but when we upgrade to the new version, it will be a monthly subscription. We bought the license from Softomotive, so we had one license and that license was restricted to version eight. When we upgrade to the newest version, we would need to buy that upgrade, because Microsoft has taken over Softomotive and they no longer sell licenses. They only sell monthly subscriptions. We have to transfer our license to a Microsoft subscription, and though they will give a redemption, the cost will change, so this is also one of the reasons why we didn't change to the new version yet.

We evaluated other solutions: UiPath and Kofax.

What other advice do I have?

You're using an older version. Now, Microsoft has taken over this version and they're calling it Power Automate desktop. I think a lot of improvements have already been done to the newest version, so what I'm going to tell you about the old version will no longer be relevant. We need to upgrade to the new version then check if the problems we were having have been fixed in the new version. Overall, we are satisfied with what we use it for because I think it's quite okay for our use case. The name ProcessRobot doesn't exist anymore. Softomotive has been taken over by Microsoft so this solution has been rebranded by Microsoft to Power Automate desktop. It's a robot, so it's operating on a server on its own. There's no real user, but it's trying to replace users. There's only one developer who is creating the tasks on that system. We also don't require anyone for its maintenance. At the moment, we're using this solution to create a report of 50, so we have 50 data scripts running each night. We're planning to extend its use with a couple of reports, but for now, there's no need to further use it for other tasks. My advice to others looking into implementing ProcessRobot is to try it first because it's free now, so you can test it. You can test it for free on the Windows 11 version. It's delivered by Microsoft for free. Go ahead and test it. The solution is nice and fast.I would give this solution a rating of eight or nine. Let's say nine out of ten. I couldn't find any pictures for my use case. I think this was the best choice we could make, and ten is too perfect for rating a solution.

Operations Leader - Global Automation at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    Cost-effective, good support, and the interface is user-friendly
    • "The interface is user-friendly."
    • "We are looking to see more features implemented there are already available in UiPath or Automation Anywhere."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and one of the services that we perform is to build automations for our clients. Softomotive is a product that we use to automate multiple processes for use by our customers on their data, based on their needs.

What is most valuable?

The interface is user-friendly.

This product is cost-effective, which is the main reason we are using it.

What needs improvement?

We are looking to see more features implemented there are already available in UiPath or Automation Anywhere. This is one of the main drawbacks.

We have been using Softomotive for between three and four years.

It is stable, and we don't have any issues with this particular product as of today. We plan to continue using it in the future.

We have more than 600 customers who use this product.

We get very good support from Softomotive.

We have used Softomotive for the past four to five years, although in the interim we tested Blue Prism. The cost of that product is too high.

The installation is straightforward and we haven't seen any complexity. It will take 15 minutes, maximum, to deploy.

This is a product that I can easily deploy on my own. We have less than 15 people on-site who are responsible for deployment and maintenance.

This is a cost-effective product and now that it has been acquired by Microsoft, we don't expect the cost to increase with the next release.

What other advice do I have?

Considering the kind of experience that we have had with Softomotive, we would always recommend this product.

Since this product was acquired by Microsoft, naturally the expectation has gone up. We are not expecting too much of an architectural change, but rather, a few of the small features should be added. The reason is that you like to stay competitive in terms of cost. We have already deployed it to more than 600 customers and if we are going to charge them more, then they'll be inclined to use another product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
    June 2022
    610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Biswajit Mohanty - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager - RPA & Transition at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Useful for low and medium complexity work and easy to learn and use, but needs better stability, support, and integration with third-party tools
    • "It is very easy to learn and use. It is quite useful for any sort of back-office work. Any kind of work with low and medium complexity is very doable in ProcessRobot. For higher complexity, some refinement is required, but it is doable."
    • "It should be more stable, and their technical support should be faster. It should also have more integration with tools from other vendors, such as SAP and Oracle, and technology partners, such as Salesforce."

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to learn and use. It is quite useful for any sort of back-office work. Any kind of work with low and medium complexity is very doable in ProcessRobot. For higher complexity, some refinement is required, but it is doable.

What needs improvement?

It should be more stable, and their technical support should be faster.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is not very stable. They're working on the refinements. I would rate it a six or seven in terms of stability.

It is scalable but not to an optimum level. It is more scalable than WinAutomation, but it is not as scalable as UiPath or Automation Anywhere where you can scale to 50 bots at a time.

We have 20 to 30 users of this solution. In terms of increasing its usage, it depends on the customers. Customers who already have this solution will keep using it.

Their technical support should be faster.

We also use WinAutomation. ProcessRobot is any day better than WinAutomation. It is newer and has more capabilities than WinAutomation. ProcessRobot is also better than WinAutomation in terms of scalability.

Its initial setup is easy.

Licensing is on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for small to medium deployments but not for very large-scale deployments.

I would rate ProcessRobot a seven out of ten.

Bharath Sodinapalle - PeerSpot reviewer
    Module Lead at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Effective scheduling, reasonably priced, and good technical support
    • "I have found the scheduling and email notifications features to very good compared to other RPA tools I have used."
    • "In an upcoming release, the exception handling mechanism could improve. The issue that we are facing is whenever there is a failure in any of the middle execution and if you wanted to navigate it to the end of the last line of execution, we do not have this feature available. If we had this feature it would make it even more stable."

What is our primary use case?

I am new to RPA systems and I have recently received access to Azure where I am testing out the ProcessRobot solution.

What is most valuable?

I have found the scheduling and email notifications features to very good compared to other RPA tools I have used.

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, the exception handling mechanism could improve. The issue that we are facing is whenever there is a failure in any of the middle execution and if you wanted to navigate it to the end of the last line of execution, we do not have this feature available. If we had this feature it would make it even more stable.

I have been using this solution for approximately one and a half years.

The solution is stable.

I have found the solution to be scalable.

We have three people working with this solution in my organization.

The technical support has been good.

I have used previously Winautomation. When comparing the two solutions both are equally good.

The initial setup was in the middle range of difficulty.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others that want to implement this solution is that it has very good features and I have not had any issues.

I rate ProcessRobot by Softomotive an eight out of ten.

President & CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Priced well and has impressive capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and ProcessRobot by Softomotive is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

This product is the best in terms of price and capabilities.

What needs improvement?

This solution should be more resilient, with robots more capable of recovering after an error.

I would like to see more native Microsoft integrations with cognitive solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Download our free Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, UiPath, Automation Anywhere, and more!
    Updated: June 2022