We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Appian OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Appian is #3 ranked solution in top Low-Code Development Platforms, #5 ranked solution in top Rapid Application Development Software, #6 ranked solution in BPM Software, and #7 ranked solution in top Process Automation tools. PeerSpot users give Appian an average rating of 8 out of 10. Appian is most commonly compared to Pega BPM: Appian vs Pega BPM. Appian is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.
What is Appian?
With Appian, your organization can rapidly build, deploy, use, and scale problem-solving apps. And with the flexibility of on-premises and cloud portability, you'll always address your unique challenges the way that makes the most sense for you.

Appian was previously known as Appian BPM, Appian AnyWhere, Appian Enterprise BPMS.

Appian Buyer's Guide

Download the Appian Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Appian Customers
Hansard Global plc, Punch Taverns, Pirelli, Crawford & Company, EDP Renewables, Queensland Government Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning (, Bank of Tennessee
Appian Video

Appian Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Appian pricing:
  • "Appian is very flexible in their pricing. In general, Appian's pricing is much, much lower when compared to competition like Pega or other products. Appian also has a flexible licensing model across geographies. Pega usually goes with a single licensing cost—which is a US-based cost—for all global customers, and it's costly. Whereas Appian has a different regional licensing cost model and it can be cheaper, depending on geography. So Appian's licensing is very flexible, and cheaper when compared to other competition."
  • "You can't really test the software properly without actually buying the license first."
  • "The solution offers a monthly subscription model. That's what we use. I recall it being about $90 a month. They do have different tiers."
  • "The licensing will be on a monthly basis. We are estimating that cost to be around $2000 to maybe $3,000 per month. We don't foresee any costs above that."
  • Appian Reviews

Practice Leader - Digital Process Automation at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
    Easy to develop, low-code, and has a good user interface
    • "Appian has many valuable features, the first being the ease of development—rapid development. Second, the process of learning the product and tool is faster when compared to its peers in the market. It's closer to low-code, and while it's still not very easy, it's more low-code than other products in the industry. Appian has a good user interface, a seamless model user interface, which comes without additional coding. It can also integrate with multiple systems."
    • "There are four areas I believe Appian could improve in. The first is a seamless contact center integration. Appian does not have a contact center feature. The second is advanced features in RPA. The third would be chatbot and email bot integration—while Appian comes with chatbot and email bot, it's not as mature as it should be, compared to the competition. The fourth area would be next best action, since there is not much of this sort of feature in Appian. These are all features which competitors' products have, and in a mature manner, whereas Appian lacks on these four areas. I see customers who are moving from Appian to Pega because these features are not in Appian."

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple use cases of Appian. A banking customer uses it more for agent onboarding; we are working on contract management for a manufacturing customer; and we are working on an incident management system for an airport. There are almost seven to eight use cases, as of now.

We don't use Appian, we are partners and we implement this solution for customers. I'm working on both on-premises and cloud-based deployment. Appian's deployment is hybrid.

What is most valuable?

Appian has many valuable features, the first being the ease of development—rapid development. Second, the process of learning the product and tool is faster when compared to its peers in the market. It's closer to low-code, and while it's still not very easy, it's more low-code than other products in the industry. Appian has a good user interface, a seamless model user interface, which comes without additional coding. It can also integrate with multiple systems.

What needs improvement?

There are four areas I believe Appian could improve in. The first is a seamless contact center integration. Appian does not have a contact center feature. The second is advanced features in RPA. The third would be chatbot and email bot integration—while Appian comes with chatbot and email bot, it's not as mature as it should be, compared to the competition. The fourth area would be next best action, since there is not much of this sort of feature in Appian. These are all features which competitors' products have, and in a mature manner, whereas Appian lacks on these four areas. I see customers who are moving from Appian to Pega because these features are not in Appian.

I have been working with Appian for three years.

The stability and performance are good. Appian is focusing a lot on this because they recently came out with a Kubernetes system acquisition, which is providing them the ability to scale as well as an expansion model that can be as stable as required. The performance is very good, as this solution is available across multiple cloud systems.

As far as maintenance, it's pretty straightforward because Appian, as a company, comes with very mature hotfixes when required, as well as seamless upgrades. As long as you do not do any customizations—which is not recommended—it is pretty easy and straightforward to maintain, and does not take much effort.

Appian is definitely easy to scale, especially if you understand the requirements. It's a good architecture.

Of our customers who use Appian, I would say most of them are medium-sized. Next would be large-sized, and then there are not many small-sized customers. Medium- and large-sized companies mostly go for Appian.

I would rate the technical support of Appian about a seven out of ten because there is definitely room for improvement when compared to the other product support we are seeing.

The initial setup is a simple process. If it's on cloud, it does not take much time. If it's on-premise, you have to have all the required hardware. It takes around four hours.

We implement this solution for customers.

The pricing is pretty straightforward. If you're going for a cloud-based deployment, there are no additional costs because you're just going to be on the cloud. However, if you're going to deploy it on-premise, you would need to install software, so you might have to procure your own database and servers and everything. The current recommendation, and what most customers are going for, is the cloud because it's easy to maintain. There aren't really any costs except for the licensing.

Pega and Appian are both good BPM platforms. The area where Appian has the advantage is that it's really low-code. It takes much less effort when compared to Pega, both for developing and for setup and implementation. Within about 30 days, maximum, you can build out a product in Appian, whereas it will take you much longer in Pega. However, in regard to the four areas in which I believe Appian is lacking, Pega has all those features in a mature manner: seamless contact center integration, advanced features in RPA, mature chatbot and email bot integration, and next best action.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Appian an eight out of ten.

If you are looking for a fast, rapid rollout of applications and you have multiple medium-scale and small-scale processes that you want to roll out at a faster pace, with ease of maintenance, then Appian is a good product to go with. Appian can also be leveraged for large-scale implementation—for example, financial service customers, for loan origination or claims organization—but you would really need to understand your requirements in order to achieve this with Appian. Whereas with Pega, it has framework for loan originations and everything, which Appian doesn't come with. Appian is a plain vanilla product, and if you go for a large-scale core implementation, then you should have enough information and requirements to capture it. Appian is best suited to mid-scale and small-scale processes and a rapid rollout.

Hybrid Cloud
    Appian Architect at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Offers flexible local integration that we have used extensively to integrate with our Legacy system
    • "Appian also has very flexible local integration."
    • "They should provide more flexibility so designers can create a more picture perfect device."

What is our primary use case?

We use Appian for client on-boarding, anything onboard related, really: loading institutional clients, tracking that information in a single reporter, doing the follow-up, creating the plan parables for them, and developing for them.

In my organization, there are about 150 users who are currently using Appian on a daily basis. We use Appian very extensively. Every day, there are more than 100 unique logins to the system.

What is most valuable?

Appian also has very flexible local integration and we have used that extensively to integrate with our Legacy system.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is good, but it's not perfect. They should provide more flexibility so designers can create a more picture-perfect device. There should be more features on mobile UX development as well.

Currently, it's easy to use and It gets the job done, but it's not flexible in regards to creating the mobile application from scratch. You have to play within the framework and the rules of the UX; however, that's something that not many customers like. Customers want a flexible mobile application development platform. I think Appian should make a lot of improvements with respect to their mobile application development by providing more flexibility for designers in order to allow them to create their own UX components and control the display of the data onscreen.

I would like to see more flexibility in terms of the UI. I know that it's not designed to be a big application that allows you to do multiple things, like creating the second year stream of the pie, for example. I feel like Appian has been so instrumental in making their entire product local, and have really improved the user interface design, but the user interface design is limited to authenticated users only — although there are some limited pieces available on the login page. I would like Appian to extend their local capabilities to the login page as well so that we could create an available application that can be targeted to any customer. For example, if you flipped it, you would see information about various products and other information, something that could be very realistic if only Appian would allow these capabilities to be extended to the login page.

I have been using Appian for more than 10 years.

The stability is good. We have been using Appian for our strategy and tactical solutions and it has held up very well for us. The team was able to adapt to the changes of the new version  very quickly and were able to implement the application without any complexities or jumping hurdles relating to development. There were no issues for us. Appian has been meeting just as many of the requirements in my department as the stakeholders have. The stakeholders are happy with the UI and ease of the application. The overall usability has improved and everyone is happy with Appian.

We believe that the scalability of Appian depends on the expertise of the Appian designers. It completely depends on the skill of the designers — how they design the applications determines the scalability of processes and data. In other words, the platform is very scalable. It stores the data as memory so the data allows us to retrieve the information rapidly; but again, we had already done the data management so the team was focused on data retention and data management. They set up their architecture in such a way that the system and the application can be scaled very quickly, so we are not seeing any problems with the scaling of Appian.

My team mainly interacts with Appian cloud support who regularly provides them with solutions and advises them about any existing platform issues.

We previously looked at the Pega system; actually, one of our departments is currently using Pega system, but we wanted to diversify our technology base to provide a better experience for our stakeholders. My CIO recommended we make an investment because these two platforms are leading BPM tools offering similar functionalities, including BPM, EI, and case management. So we were calculating the pricing, trying to figure out what the return on the investment would be if we went with one platform or the other and what it would cost us in terms of losses between Pega and Appian.

The initial setup was straightforward. The team was able to set it up quickly, build up the applications and deploy it within six to ten weeks.

We have an in-house team that is comprised of Appian architects, designers, consultants and professionals who are trained on the Appian platform.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Appian. It has come a long way and it's a good product. It's entering into the area of a local application development platform. Appian is continuously making product updates every quarter.

I would give Appian a rating of nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Appian. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    AlanGulle
    R&D Lead at Vesuvio Lab
    Clear application life cycle, easy to learn documentation, and comes with a fundamentals course
    • "The application life cycle is very clear. I started learning it and giving some workshops to my team. Creating the users and the building is very structured. Documentation is nice and it's easy to learn."
    • "Something I would like to see improved is an SQL database connection."

What is our primary use case?

Normally, we are building platforms. At the moment, we are running 19 big projects, and we had never used Appian before. One of our customers is a big consulting company, and one of their customers wanted a project with Appian.

They don't have Appian developers, but we have a very good team. They reached out to us and they had some projects in 2022 with Appian, and they asked for our support. I gave my BAs and PMs an introductory level Appian course, and now some of the developers are doing the associate and lead developer part for Appian.

What is most valuable?

The application life cycle is very clear. I started learning it and giving some workshops to my team. Creating the users and the building is very structured. Documentation is nice and it's easy to learn.

There's a nice fundamentals course that I can ask my project managers to easily learn, while the other local, no-code platforms don't have that option.

What needs improvement?

The certification is pretty expensive, and it doesn't allow for a tailored UI. I'm a little bit disappointed with the exam. It's different from the preparation, training, and sample exam.

One of my lead developers failed to pass this morning. I'm a bit sad because it's $200. If I ask 10 of my developers to get a certificate, it's $2,000. It's a scaleup company, so we have more than 60 people at the moment, but I can't ask most of my developers to get the certificate.

From a developer point of view, I can't try this in the free version because you can't buy one or two subscriptions. You need to get the minimum package for premium, which is about one hundred seats.

From the first day, I wanted to see the capability of reaching other functions, Google Cloud services, and cognitive services. There is already an OCR, intelligent document that comes in the My Cloud and which Appian gave me as a sample. I can't build it because it uses the Google cognitive services as a backend, and this is the thing that we couldn't try.

Something I would like to see improved is an SQL database connection.

We have been using Appian for over a month. We are still on the trial license instead of the full license.

I'm happy about the stability. It looks promising for me.

I can't predict how many developers it requires. It really depends on the type and size of the app and the capability of the developers.

We run a one-hour workshop from scratch. My developer can create the users' data, custom data types, a small UI, and a nice flow and read right from the databases easily. In one hour, he can complete as many tasks that normally take many days.

The scalability is a bit limited for the SQL databases because for some of my cognitive services, I'm using no SQL databases in the cloud. Appian doesn't support it. Appian only supports relational databases. There is no database for the unstructured data.

We are building platforms, but normally we are fully in Azure and the whole platform is in Azure, but because some of our customers and potential customers want to use Appian, I'm preparing my team for such opportunities.

You can't really test the software properly without actually buying the license first. Certification is expensive.

Appian is like a butter knife, not a Swiss Army knife. It will serve the business user's solution. It'll create a very good thing and the application is clear.

I really enjoy it because the PowerApps from Microsoft mature and are internally connected to other platforms inside Microsoft.

However, it doesn't explain the learning part very well non-technical people. There is a separation, but in the Appian fundamentals, this course is just for the BAs and the PMs. If they want to lead a project with Appian, this is the minimum standard that they need to know. At that point, it's easy for me to train project managers and business analysts. I think that's the advantage of Appian.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

My humble advice to someone who is looking to implement this solution is that they need to replicate. It's a so-called no-code platform, but it's not no-code because it has its own coding site. That's why they need to build one of their own solutions with Appian first to understand the how-to-dos first and become more confident. Luckily, the learning curve is not that steep.

Deputy Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Flexible, easy to set up, and simple to integrate with other applications
    • "We appreciate the drag and drop functionality and the easy to access plug and play features."
    • "The solution could use some more tutorials to help brand new users figure out how to use the product effectively."

What is our primary use case?

Our plan on using the solution will be to basically utilize it for business process management, and for case management as well. We want to use their local platform offering and some of their niche markets, to see how they can provide dynamic case management all in one place.

What is most valuable?

One of the features that we felt was valuable to us was the business case management and how seemingly easy it was to use.

The combination of business process management, dynamic case management over the local platform has vastly improved.

We appreciate the drag and drop functionality and the easy to access plug and play features.

They seem to be introducing a lot of automation into their product, which is exciting for us. They're apparently partnering up with different companies to offer robotic process automation in the future.

The initial setup is very easy.

You can easily integrate other applications into the product.

What needs improvement?

We're still researching the platform. I don't have a strong opinion on what might be missing. They seem to be constantly upgrading their products.

We're not really using the solution so much as testing its capabilities and discovering its resources. We've been doing this now for about two months.

The solution has been pretty stable. I haven't had any downtime whatsoever, or any disruptions or anything of that nature. There hasn't been any lag in service. It's been good.

The solution is very agile. It's very easily expandable too. You're able to integrate different applications or different interfaces with this platform. It's actually quite flexible, I should say.

That said, at this point, we don't plan to increase usage. We're still learning about the product. We hope, in the future, if we take it on, we will be able to expand it.

Due to the fact that we haven't had any issues yet, and we've been using the solution for a short amount of time, we haven't needed to contact technical support. If I need to in the future, I will. However, at this point, I can't speak to their level of service as I've never used them.

We did not find the initial setup complex. Our engineers, who handled the implementation, found it to be quite straightforward.

The deployment process was fast. I can't recall the exact number of hours it took, however, it was not a drawn-out process.

Maintenence seems to be minimal, however it would be helpful if there was someone on staff to maintain it as needed.

Our engineers handled the implementation. We were able to do everything in-house. We didn't need assistance from consultants or resellers.

We're currently doing a case study on this specific solution. We didn't look at other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We don't have a business relationship with Appian. We're just customers.

We're most likely using the latest version of the solution.

I would definitely recommend the solution and invite other companies to try it out. They even have the trial edition. That way, you can test the solution before having to purchase the application edition. If you decide to go forward, it is $90 per user per month. They have the enterprise edition as well which is a bit more.

The solution is that it's available on different devices as well, which makes it very flexible and easily adaptable to a lot of different environments, including Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android.

The product also caters to all sizes of companies, whether you are small or large.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Senior Account Executive/Business Development Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Heavy on business processing in terms of logic, process workflows, and primarily on the process design modeler
    • "It's heavy on business processing in terms of logic, process workflows, and primarily on the process design modeler. Appian is really great at that. In terms of the full stack set from a low-code platform perspective, it's definitely an eye opener since it can be deployed via mobile app and on the web as well."
    • "What could be improved is more on the front end perspective, like the user interface and the mobile application aspect."

What is our primary use case?

For a majority of Appian use cases, it's more about business process workflow. Primarily, the ones that have high logic on the coding perspective and more on the backend processing. We deploy Appian in that particular setup.

We are using version 21 of Appian. For a majority of our customers, the solution is deployed on cloud.

What is most valuable?

It's heavy on business processing in terms of logic, process workflows, and primarily on the process design modeler. Appian is really great at that. In terms of the full stack set from a low-code platform perspective, it's definitely an eye opener since it can be deployed via mobile app and on the web as well.

What needs improvement?

What could be improved is more on the front end perspective, like the user interface and the mobile application aspect. It could be tweaked to make it more sexy or more appealing from business to consumer.

Appian has a good lineup of features already. Upfront, I believe there is also RPA intelligent document processing. We need to fully maximize those features with our customers, like how they can be focusing on the artificial intelligence or machine learning perspective, and the detailed or more advanced intelligent document processing. I believe right now they can only cater to PDF files, so maybe in the future other types of files can be processed.

I am currently using Appian. We are a reseller of the solution.

Appian is stable as long as the design is properly worked on or the architectural design is based on the best practice. I think the best practices are being cascaded to us as a partner and with our clients as well.

In terms of scalability and flexibility, it could be a mix of things. It's flexible in the sense that it can be upgraded or scaled initially or in a fast manner. But if it can be done abruptly, maybe due to processing or maybe even involvement internally, that would be some sort of cause for delay. So it's not fully scalable per se, but what is being offered by Appian is quite flexible enough to cater to the needs of our end users or customers.

I believe technical support offers a premier support perspective. It's on a global setting, but maybe we can have a different setting for the Philippines. That's the angle we are looking into to work with our partner.

Overall, it's good. They are providing 24/7 support.

Appian is the first low-code platform that I've handled. I came from a hardware background.

It's quite easy and fast specifically for a new client to onboard an Appian solution or Appian platform. It would be more like quick provisioning, primarily for all the environments involved. Appian is actually providing services also with the cloud set up.

Deployment depends on the complexity of the application. One or two people could deploy Appian given the circumstances of the full visibility or full awareness.

There's definitely an ROI on the usage of Appian. In terms of digital transformation, it could be people, processes, and technology. If it goes hand in hand, the client or the customer will be achieving their vision, goals, and objectives. We have clients that have that particular vision in mind, and they're actually in their ROI setting as well.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

For someone who is looking to implement Appian, my advice is definitely don't think twice. I mean, if you need automation, definitely there's a solution that would cater to their needs. As long as they know what they want or what they need to digitize, Appian would be there to support the transformation that their corporation or their company would be needing in the future. My advice is don't be scared of the changes and be open to the digital shift.

Abubakar AL Seed
    IT Senior General Manager at Abdul Latif Jameel
    Workflow engines work extremely well to bridge the gaps of processes within our core systems
    • "Good workflow engines that bridge the gaps of processes."
    • "Lacks integration with other products."

What is our primary use case?

I work for the largest distributor of Toyota Lexus in the Middle East. My area is related to car motors. I'm an IT senior general manager and we are customers of Appian.

What is most valuable?

The workflow engines are a valuable feature. We use them to bridge the gaps of processes within our core systems that are either too difficult or too costly to develop within the core system. We bridge those gaps using Appian.

What needs improvement?

We'd like to see the employee experience improved, something we can integrate with SharePoint. Right now we're looking at the Power BI which belongs to Microsoft. It has a lot of good features for low-code no-code development kinds of things. I'd like to see the ability of the software itself to integrate with the core systems. It's a gap that Appian hasn't fulfilled.

I'd like to see integration with Microsoft products as an additional feature. Microsoft Team, or something like that. It's not there or if it is, it requires some work to enable easy integration with SharePoint.

I've been using this solution for eight years.

The scalability and stability of this solution are good.

I'd say that the technical support is good.

We visited the workflows that are provided within SharePoint but they did not fulfill the kind of things that we were looking for, or the problems that we were trying to solve at that point of time. We were planning to work on specific domains, specific areas, but you cannot make it work for complex things.

The setup is not completely straightforward but not too complex either. The deployment itself wasn't too difficult, but this is something where features evolve and the things within it over time start moving. Adapting to any new feature while continuing to work is not simple. It makes things more complex. There are around 5,000 people using the product and we have five people dealing with maintenance.

The price should be lower. It's not too expensive but I believe the price could be better.

What other advice do I have?

The product needs to be supported by top management for it to work. This is one of the things that we faced at the very beginning. Second, from a technical point of view, you need to have a dedicated team taking care of this from a product management point of view, not necessarily from a technical point of view because that can be outsourced. I recommend not doing the development in-house, rather to outsource it with one or two partners and the corporate team. I recommend going for the full cloud-based solution architecture rather than having part of it inside and part of it outside. If there is no issue with data sharing then I would recommend going for a fully cloud-based solution. It gives an advantage and reduces a lot of management headaches.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
    Director of national processing at a legal firm with 501-1,000 employees
    Easy to set up with satisfactory stability and potentially will scale well
    • "The initial setup was seamless. We didn't run into any hardships at all."
    • "I would like to see more complete university tools. For example, with UiPath, I have had a good experience related to a free course in order to provide some users some different levels of knowledge. This extra training helps users not only use the solution but to develop further within the tool."

What is most valuable?

The initial setup was seamless. We didn't run into any hardships at all.

The solution's stability is pretty good.

While we haven't tried to scale yet, we see that there might be potential to do so in the future.

What needs improvement?

We've had some issues in regards to functionality.

We are currently facing some challenges regarding the potential of using more advanced instruction in order to compare items. We'd like to have more modules so that we can understand the solution a bit better.

I would like to see more complete university tools. For example, with UiPath, I have had a good experience related to a free course in order to provide some users some different levels of knowledge. This extra training helps users not only use the solution but to develop further within the tool.

We're currently working with the solution in order to build a report on its usability. The solution is quite new to us.

The stability was satisfactory. We did have some issues regarding the connectivity. For example, in the conference room, there is no connection anywhere. We sometimes lose connection even when we don't have problems with our network. It's very strange. We don't know why this happens.

We believe the scalability will be good. It has a good perspective in order to escalate the durations, however, unfortunately, we haven't been able to test the market to measure the potential for expansion.

We are in the testing phase, however, if we do decide to deploy the product, our plan is to scale from 20 to 300 users in the near future.

This is our first test regarding RPA. We don't have any other previous experience with other solutions.

We found the initial setup to be quite straightforward and very easy. It was not complex in any way. A company shouldn't have issues implementing it.

To completely deploy everything took about a week. It wasn't too long of a process.

We used consultants and our own IT department to handle the implementation.

The licensing will be on a monthly basis. We are estimating that cost to be around $2000 to maybe $3,000 per month. We don't foresee any costs above that.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user. We don't have a relationship with the company.

Currently, we are in the middle of a test pilot. We have about 20 users experimenting with the solution as we speak.

I would recommend the solution to others. However, I would advise them to measure the requirements associated with the complexity of implementation related to how much coding they need, how complex their interactions will be. These variables may be factors when choosing which tool to use.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Manager Software Projects at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Good interface with easy integration capabilities and a helpful mobile app
    • "The product has a very good mobile app."
    • "We have clients that want to use Office 365, Microsoft Analytics, and Power Apps. Appian just isn't the same as using something specifically designed to cater to the Microsoft Suite."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for office automation purposes.

What is most valuable?

The Sites features are very nice. We use it extensively.

We have Tempo reports and we enjoy that it has Tempo functionality.

The interface is very good. Our clients really seem to like that.

The product has a very good mobile app.

Overall, the features of the product are very helpful.

It's a solution that doesn't really need a lot of coding, if at all. It's very drag-and-drop. That's what makes it so easy to use.

The product offers a lot of good integration capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The solution used to be a bit more difficult to use, but we've added Tempo and now everything is much easier. We can do things very quickly.

I've been using the solution for about 15 years or so. It's been well over a decade.

As a person that's more in development, I've never tested the stability or noted any weakness in its reliability.

I'm more on the development side of things and therefore haven't really been exposed to the scalability aspect of the solution. I don't know if it's possible or not.

Currently, we don't have much of a need for technical support. I personally have never been in touch with them. I can't speak to their knowledgeability or responsiveness.

I don't deal with the financial aspect of the solution. I'm not sure how much it costs or if it is expensive or affordable.

I want to migrate to Microsoft PowerApps. I'm actually looking for the feasibility of migrating the existing Appian objects into PowerApps.

What other advice do I have?

We are Appian integration partners.

We have multiple clients using Appian, although some want to move over to Microsoft.

I would recommend the solution. It's quite easy to use, and the drag-and-drop functionality is great. For example, we have database records, and therefore we can easily pull the data from the database and connect and run the process. It's very easy when it's compared to previous versions. One thing to note, however, is that we do have a lot of memory. The memory has to be maintained and managed properly, otherwise, the system performance will come down.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. There really is nothing like it on the market right now.

Download our free Appian Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.