IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Panda Security Adaptive Defense OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Panda Security Adaptive Defense is #31 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Panda Security Adaptive Defense an average rating of 8 out of 10. Panda Security Adaptive Defense is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Panda Security Adaptive Defense vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Panda Security Adaptive Defense is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 44% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 35% of all views.
Panda Security Adaptive Defense Buyer's Guide

Download the Panda Security Adaptive Defense Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Panda Security Adaptive Defense?

Adaptive Defense 360 is a cyber-security service that combines next-generation protection (NG EPP) and detection and remediation technologies (EDR), with the ability to classify 100% of running processes.

Panda Security Adaptive Defense was previously known as Panda Security Adaptive Defense 360, Panda Security Endpoint Protection, Panda Security for Desktops.

Panda Security Adaptive Defense Customers

Indra, Valea AB, Fineit, Aemcom, Data Solutions INC., Gloucestershire NHS, Golden Star Resources Ltd, Hispania Racing Team, Instituto Dos Museus e da ConserÊo, Escuelas Pias Provincia Emaus, Axiom Housing Association, Municipality of Bjuv, Lesedi Nuclear, Mullsj_ municipality, Eng. skolan Norr AB, Dalakraft AB, Peter Green Haulage Ltd

Panda Security Adaptive Defense Video

Panda Security Adaptive Defense Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Panda Security Adaptive Defense pricing:
  • "I don't think Panda's license is too expensive, but they're charging more than it's worth. It's a yearly license. For 1,000 endpoints, it's around $18,000."
  • "The licensing costs are not too high. We pay about 20 Euros a year. It's a reasonable amount to pay."
  • "There is a license needed to use this solution and it is approximately $30 annually."
  • Panda Security Adaptive Defense Reviews

Technical Analyst - Desktop at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
    Managing multiple machines is a pain, but support is top notch
    • "It prevents our users from circumventing security. Everything is password protected so they can't get into it. They can't uninstall it. They can't do anything."
    • "It needs improvements in its EDR and its ability to manage all the nodes. I'd like better communication between the console and the nodes, so I don't have to remote into each individual machine that's having an issue with the protection."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our endpoint security solution for 1,000 machines worldwide. We're one of the largest machine shops in the world. In just one building, I've got over 500 machines in there. Some of them are old and come from the World War II era. Some of my machines, like my laser hole poppers, are still running Windows 3.1. I've got a lot of older lathes and mills that are running Windows 95 and Windows 98.

How has it helped my organization?

It hasn't improved our company in any way. Panda is the most painful endpoint solution I've ever had to work with except SentinelOne. With Panda, if the protection is turned off or there is a problem on a machine, you have to access that machine remotely to fix it. You can't fix it via the console. I'm the network admin and security admin at my company I don't have the bandwidth to babysit an endpoint solution.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It needs improvements in its EDR and its ability to manage all the nodes. I'd like better communication between the console and the nodes, so I don't have to remote into each individual machine that's having an issue with the protection. The console's intended purpose is to manage and I've got half the management capabilities in their console. I've got almost 1,000 machines worldwide. As one person, I don't have the capacity to take care of this.
    Panda Security Adaptive Defense
    June 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Panda Security Adaptive Defense. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We adopted this one about three years ago.

It's good for all platforms— iOS, Windows, Android, Linux—so its scalability is there.

Technical support has always been top-notch when you can get through. Sometimes you're on hold for up to an hour, but their technical support has always been able to address the issue and get it resolved within 48 hours.

Prior to Panda, we had SentinelOne. Panda is a lot less work than SentinelOne in our environment. We still use a lot of Excel macros. We've got applications that we created ourselves and are unsigned. We work with machines with extremely old operating systems, and these things run off of applications that we have built in-house. SentinelOne wanted to shut down the applications so that the machines couldn't connect. It was costing us money. I can't give SentinelOne a bad review just because of our environment. Our environment is very unique, so it's not fair to SentinelOne. But at the same time, we just weren't made for each other.

The setup is pretty easy. Deployment takes less than an hour. It's typically connected to the console, so it has already downloaded the latest and greatest updates or file hashes. Creating groups and policies for those groups can be a little complex but once you've got all that figured out, then you're good. The console needs a lot of help. Even downloading the installer for a new deployment on a PC is not very straightforward.

I have an in-house team. I've got two help desk guys that I've had to train to use the Panda tenant. I don't even know if they're doing it anymore — touching every machine that has a problem with the protection.

We're considering switching to something else. Right now we're looking at ESET Endpoint Security and Trend Micro Apex One. Panda's EDR is rudimentary, so we're looking to upgrade because our insurance policy is asking us to find something better. Right now, we're leaning toward Trend because they're telling me that I can do everything from the console with their solution. That was the biggest pain with Panda.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate Panda five out of 10. I give it that high just because it does work to some extent and it's cost-effective. My attitude toward Panda is 50/50. I get probably 10 or 15 emails a day complaining that machines lack protection. But if the console can detect the machine and knows that it's lacking protection, then my logic says, "Update it." But for whatever reason, I have to manually do it again. It's painful. It shouldn't be as expensive as it is. And I think it's going to be a lot more expensive now that WatchGuard owns it. Hopefully, they make a lot of good changes, but I've had enough with Panda. Another thing to note about Panda is that I haven't seen anything in the documentation about compliance with GDPR regulations. I've got 11 locations in Europe, and we're going to have a GDPR tenant for the most stringent country or area. So even being in the US, I'll have to abide by European GDPR here in the US for all the locations to share one tenant. Otherwise, we'd have to have multiple tenants, which will cost us more money and be more of a hassle to manage.  Before you install it, do a 90-day proof of concept. Thirty days is too short. You need to see the failing endpoints and what you have to do to fix it.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
    Amjad Edris - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Support Engineer at Netco Security Solutions
    Easy to set up and reliable but needs to be more extensive
    • "It allows us to stop activation windows."
    • "They need to offer a clear dashboard so you can see everything everywhere all at once."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for end-point protection. We use it to protect against malware and vulnerabilities in software.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allowed us to crack down on activations.

What is most valuable?

Panda is a very good and important antivirus. It allows us to stop activation windows. Users can't activate anything as Panda will crack down on it.

It's very easy to set up.

The solution has been quite stable.

What needs improvement?

Panda should work to be a more important antiviral all over the world. They could do it if they implemented a task system. We have something similar in Kaspersky. Over the network, we can implement anything by the task over the endpoint software, rather than the antivirus. We have endpoint software, and, via this software, we can access the users' PC and install any software and resolve any problems, software problems, or operating system issues. Panda needs to have this capability.

While Panda is good, we need a more extensive product. It's not as scalable as we would like.

I've been using the solution for a year or less.

It's a stable solution. We don't have any issues constantly needing to be resolved it just works. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze.

This solution can't scale how we like. We are looking for other potential options for the future. Configuring each application on the workstation itself it's a little bit confusing. Imagine having to do every workstation to configure the endpoint application on it. It's tiring to work. If we have 2,000 workstations, we need to go to each workstation to configure it and that's just too much.

We have about 25 users on it right now. We do not plan to increase usage.

Technical support is good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

I've worked with Kaspersky Antivirus Security Center 12 and it protects the software over the networks to protect the workstations from any attacks. Kaspersky is a good solution for medium and large businesses. The main difference is how you can solve issues over the workstations. It's easy in Kaspersky. Also, the reporting system in Kaspersky is better as it gives a view of your entire network and of your servers and the attacks from which users. They have a great reporting system in comparison to Panda.

This is a simple solution to set up. It's easy to implement, install and configure. We didn't have any issues with it and didn't find it to be difficult.

I'd rate the initial setup 4.5 out of five.

Pricing and licensing are not my responsibility. I can't speak to the exact cost.

While we have a Panda license key right now, once it expires we may move on to something else.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution a seven out of ten.

Panda Security Adaptive Defense
    June 2022
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Frank Hubrach - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT-Leiter at Spiekermann GmbH
    Good protection and alerts with a straightforward setup
    • "The product so far has been good at protecting us. We haven't faced a breach."
    • "Occasionally, we suffer from little bugs that give us the wrong message."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution in our company, we use it on each device or city cars. We use it for security. The solution works in the background and protects us from viruses.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution protects our equipment and it works quietly in the background, so as not to disrupt employees. It makes sure we are free of viruses.

What is most valuable?

If ever something goes wrong, we get information from the panel or from tech on your PC. It alerts us to call support.

The system is automatically cleaned.

The product so far has been good at protecting us. We haven't faced a breach.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's something that any company should be able to handle with ease.

What needs improvement?

Although the antivirus solution is so good that we've never suffered from an attack, we've had a few problems with false positives where they weren't correct. We received an error message and we had to fix bugs. Otherwise, it was relatively trouble-free. The solution could have more functionality for the administrators of the product. For end-users, it's fine. however administrators need ways to better track everything on the backend, especially the display of threats

We have been using the solution for about five years at this point. It's been a while.

We have in the past suffered from bugs that would present the wrong message. It's a very small problem, overall. Other than that, it's mostly stable.

The solution offers completely web-based installations. You have only to install it on one PC in an entire network. It allows you to mark every other workstation as possible clients or the software. You can click in solution and simply make different configurations between the installations. It's pretty straightforward. It's not too complex.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. We're always updating the product.

We are just a customer and end-user of the product. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten. For the most part, we have been very happy with it.

We do plan to continue to use the solution into the future. We don't have plans to change anything.

Zinon Panagiotou - PeerSpot reviewer
    Information Technology Support Specialist at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
    Useful hardware information, light on resources, but more features needed
    • "The most valuable features of Panda Security Adaptive Defense are the useful hardware information it provides, light on resources, controllable from the console, remote scan functionality, and the blocking of a lot of URL malware."
    • "Panda Security Adaptive Defense can improve by including the intrusion and prevention system not only on their most expensive platform. Additionally, it blocks software that is legitimate from users. They complain and then we have to manually unblock the software, by hash, or we receive a message. Some of the prevention features are not available and this might cause us to need a separate firewall or something to protect the company."

What is our primary use case?

We use Panda Security Adaptive Defense for antivirus.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Panda Security Adaptive Defense can improve by including the intrusion and prevention system not only on their most expensive platform. Additionally, it blocks software that is legitimate from users. They complain and then we have to manually unblock the software, by hash, or we receive a message. Some of the prevention features are not available and this might cause us to need a separate firewall or something to protect the company.

The reports from Panda Security Adaptive Defense could improve, they are very basic and not user-friendly.

I have been using Panda Security Adaptive Defense for approximately six months.

Panda Security Adaptive Defense is stable.

The scalability of Panda Security Adaptive Defense can be complicated. You can group departments or people by their needs, but I'm not very happy with this grouping, they are difficult to apply. For example, applying a policy to allow some software to be used by this group and by another group, it's a little more complicated to achieve.

We have approximately 80 people in my company using this solution.

We had an issue once where a PC didn't allow us to install the software. There was some conflict with the other antivirus that was set by default on the PC and it was not obvious it was running. That's why we couldn't install the antivirus.

I rate the support from Panda Security Adaptive Defense a three out of five.

We previously use Symantec Endpoint Protection but we needed more resources for it to run.

The initial setup of Panda Security Adaptive Defense is easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, they should try it out for the 30-day trial. If they are happy then they can purchase it later.

I rate Panda Security Adaptive Defense a seven out of ten.

Senior IT Administrator for Global Group at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
    Good protection, stability, and support
    • "The protection from malware is the most important feature. It has some endpoint information about the vehicle of the virus, malware, etc. It is also stable and easy to install, and they also provide good technical support."
    • "It needs some improvements in the DNS security feature. Currently, it does not have full DNS security. It only has semi-DNS security, which can be improved. It is an important feature for us, and it would be really good if they can improve the DNS security feature. Our group has some plans to change to Cisco AMP, which has features such as DNS, Umbrella. We are trying to learn about Cisco AMP and compare it with Panda."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It needs some improvements in the DNS security feature. Currently, it does not have full DNS security. It only has semi-DNS security, which can be improved. It is an important feature for us, and it would be really good if they can improve the DNS security feature.

Our group has some plans to change to Cisco AMP, which has features such as DNS, Umbrella. We are trying to learn about Cisco AMP and compare it with Panda.

I have been using this solution for around three years. We are using its latest version.

It has been stable until now.

It is scalable.

They provide good technical support. They are able to resolve our issues.

It is easier than other endpoint protection solutions. The installation takes around 5 to 10 minutes, but we need to wait for a bit to connect to the cloud. It takes more than a day to set it up for a new company because it involves setting up security and policies.

I implemented it in my current company. I had also implemented it in my previous company.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for endpoint protection for other companies. We didn't have any major security issues.

I would rate Panda Security Adaptive Defense a nine out of ten.

Integrator at Lisa Comunications
    Easy setup and great tech support
    • "I like the Panda Security Adaptive Defense cloud usages. Everything is on a single plane of glass like the dashboards. I also like the information I can get about the computers itself."
    • "It would be nice if Panda Security Adaptive Defense could come out with remote desktop usage."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Panda Security Adaptive Defense is evaluation.

What is most valuable?

I like the Panda Security Adaptive Defense cloud usages. Everything is on a single plane of glass like the dashboards. I also like the information I can get about the computers itself.

Our customers like the solution.

What needs improvement?

Panda Security Adaptive Defense claims that it uninstalls any third-party antivirus that was previously on your computer, but that has not been the case. Our customers often have to find some way of uninstalling it on each machine. So Panda didn't really get rid of the old antiviruses.

Panda Security Adaptive Defense has something called third-party patch management. One of our customers was asking if we could do remote desktop usage of PCs. It would be nice if Panda Security Adaptive Defense could come out with remote desktop usage.

I have been using Panda Security Adaptive Defense for less than a year.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward. How long deployment takes depends on the customer. Smaller deployments can take as little as a day while bigger ones take about a week.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to others looking into implementing Panda Security Adaptive Defense is just to get more information. I think we need a little more competitive analysis info as to what the competitors out there are using. A comparison of Symantec, BitDefender, and Panda would be useful for many customers.

On a scale from one to 10, one being the worst and 10 being the best, I would give Panda Security Adaptive Defense a nine for overall performance.

Minos Pitsillides - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Director at IT-Flow ltd
    Reseller
    Stable solution with great technical support

What is most valuable?

They have great technical support staff.

What needs improvement?

I'd like them to offer a better way to scan the hardware to detect whether they are valid.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The technical support staff is well trained and very skillful, and I find them to be very supportive.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is relatively easy.

Licensing is on a yearly or monthly basis and you pay for each device. It's an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

For first time users, I'd recommend contacting the Central Team for guidance.

I rate the solution nine out of 10.

Download our free Panda Security Adaptive Defense Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: June 2022