IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Meraki Dashboard OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Meraki Dashboard is #8 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Meraki Dashboard an average rating of 8 out of 10. Meraki Dashboard is most commonly compared to ThousandEyes: Meraki Dashboard vs ThousandEyes. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Meraki Dashboard?

The dashboard that hosts all of the information around the Meraki product data.

Meraki Dashboard Buyer's Guide

Download the Meraki Dashboard Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

Meraki Dashboard Customers

Coop eG, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Priefert Manufacturing, Century Care Management, Clifton College, Zürs Ski Resort, Capital FM Arena, MAXI Autohöfe

Meraki Dashboard Video

Meraki Dashboard Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Meraki Dashboard pricing:
  • "The pricing for a small setup is only a few hundred dollars a year. The fee is subscription-based."
  • "My view is that it's expensive, but it's the best."
  • "The price of Meraki Dashboard is not expensive because knowing that it is a cloud-based solution has its benefits."
  • "Typically, the license model is for one, three, and five years. They can just be a bit more flexible around it and look into providing an option for 24 months."
  • Meraki Dashboard Reviews

IanMacfarlane - PeerSpot reviewer
    ITSM SME at Valencia Advisors IIP
    Centralized dashboard management for all devices on your network that is easy-to-use
    • "The ease-of-use and the analytics are really effective tools."
    • "The product is missing a VPN and it is a major issue when it comes to deployment."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is to have centralized control over all the Meraki devices and services on your network. Primarily I use it for security configuration and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

Very intuitive, complete overview of entire network including branch offices. Ability to drill down into events and alerts and lookup in the knowledge-base. Create tickets and track them.

What is most valuable?

I think that the most valuable part about the dashboard is the analytics. A firm that I was doing some IT consulting work for was hit with a ransomware attack and this thing was amazing. After we got things cleaned up, we found that the actors had some IP numbers somewhere on the West Coast. They started to try to get back into the network and Meraki was there to say, "You know what? This same malicious IP number is knocking at your door again." We were able to take care of that and block them off so they could not access the network and that problem was put to rest.

What needs improvement?

The biggest problem is the absence of a VPN client like AnyConnect with the device. The Meraki rep that I dealt with actually agreed. He said a lot of people are complaining about the fact that they had to work with a separate VPN.   Here is the problem. Let's say you have got to deploy and install a VPN client on 50 workstations. You physically have to go to every one of the 50 workstations and do the VPN deployment manually. You can not just push it out through an email or a group policy. That means you have to touch every machine and configure it based on the type of network card it has and make a whole bunch of other settings.  Manually deploying the VPN is about a 20-minute procedure and that is after you learn how to do it. By comparison, if I wanted to roll out 1000 VPN clients with a normal Cisco device, the Cisco AnyConnect software can be just pushed out with some easy instructions and away you go.   I think the VPN client is really the only true issue I had with the product itself. The connection that I get from home is sometimes a little shaky when I have to use it remotely, but it is impossible to put the blame on that connection as due to Meraki.
    Meraki Dashboard
    May 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Meraki Dashboard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2022.
    599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this product for about a year.

We never had any issues at all with the stability of Meraki. It is self-healing. If the power goes out or whatever, it is very good at handling that kind of issue. It is easy to learn, easy to read the reports, and it is easy to use the dashboard.   I had worked with Fortinet and some other firewalls — Linksys of course, going all the way back to the old WatchGuard. I think Meraki really kicked off the whole cloud-based managed device movement and everyone else is just hopping on to do the same kind of thing. SonicWall and Fortinet and all the other newer competitors just followed along when they figured it was something valuable. If Meraki could get their VPN sorted out, I think they would have themselves a flagship product that was really the leader of the pack.

I have not really had the opportunity to test the scalability first-hand. We were are a small office, so I never really got a chance to try and add hundreds of users. If that had been the case, Meraki probably would have suggested that we go to the next model up because we needed a more robust system. The configuration of the VPN between branche offices was wonderful. You just click on the address and it basically does everything itself. For a non-engineer type person, pretty much anybody in IT can configure these things once you do the webinar. It is easy and intuitive and as far as I have been able to work with the scalability, I think a lot of the product.

When I did get to engage the technical support people at Meraki, I would give them a 10-out-of-10. The technical support was great.

I have been working with firewalls for a long time. I worked with the Cisco 5500 series. I worked with a lot of their older stuff back in the day. Mostly my job for the previous 10 years was not to be the supplier and was not the implementer. Rather I was more of a consultant, so I never really had the opportunity to get the hands-on experience I have now.

The setup had a few different stages to take care of. The first step was to create a VPN, a branch office connection, and then a better sister location. I bought another MX to act as a backup, so we had that configured as a hot spot or a failover. Then I configured the VPN so that users would be able to work from home. That VPN configuration is probably the one thing that I did not much like about the product. It almost makes no sense that it does not have its own VPN client. You have to use the Microsoft VPN client, which is a bit of a pain. If it has to be that way there surely has to be a better way to integrate it.  With the main Cisco stuff, you just download the VPN client and it has got your anti-virus component and your VPN client. That is just not the case with Meraki. I know they have been talking about trying to work that out and get that installed. Right now it is a sorta major glitching point.

I did not configure the product originally. Somebody else did it and they did not configure it very well. For example, there is a feature to protect against ransomware and that feature was not even turned on in the device. After I realized it was not working optimally, I got together with the Meraki folks and they got in there and reconfigured it. It became a true AI device at that point. There were really a lot of things wrong with the initial configuration, but that ransomware piece was a pretty major feature to miss.  After Meraki helped me reconfigure everything, I felt much more comfortable after that. It was done by one of their resellers and I guess I should have gone that way out of the gate.

For a small MX 64, it is maybe $300 to $400 a year. It is nothing really outrageous. I was originally put off that you had to pay for a subscription, but I am a veteran thinking back 10 years ago when there was no such thing as subscriptions. Now just about everything seems to be going that route.   I could see a firewall device and that is sort of comforting. I do not agree with the solution being like a switch and virtually invisible. Like you could have a switch-up in the ceiling somewhere that nobody knows is there. Then all of a sudden it gets tripped and just stops working. You don't see a device go down. But again, it is not just Meraki that is going with the subscription scheme. It is also other companies like SonicWall. They are all going to subscription-based licensing.

What other advice do I have?

For small businesses, I would recommend Meraki over pretty much anything else on the market.   On a scale from one to ten where one is worst and ten is the best, I would rate Meraki Dashboard as an eight-out-of-ten.

Phil Taul - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr Solutions Architect at Tektel, Inc
    Incredibly easy to use, great troubleshooting and prevention of malicious events
    • "Everything is in a single pane and you can look at your network in one centralized place."
    • "Meraki lacks their own software for connecting to the VPN which creates some issues."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Meraki Dashboard is to manage networks, whether our own or those of our customers. We also manage the firewalls through the portal as well as switches, wireless access points or whatever devices there are. Meraki controls the devices, configures them and also troubleshoots. I'm a senior solution architect and we're a Cisco partner, specifically for the Meraki brand.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution saves us a lot of time. They say work smarter, not harder, and Meraki allows us to do that and not waste time on issues that previously concerned us. Meraki is pretty much the leader in cloud-based technology when it comes to networks and they've saved us and our clients a lot of time.

What is most valuable?

It's great that everything is in a single pane and you can look at your network in one centralized place. I also value the ability to troubleshoot network issues through the solution. For example, you can do a cable test off their switch port from the portal even if you're not on-site. If I want to know whether the data cable is good, I can run a test through the portal, then the switch, and it'll come back and tell me whether that cable is good or has been damaged.

They also have a nice system included for firmware updates and numerous good logging files and many features that help whenever something goes wrong. As a pivot onto the security aspect, if you have their Advanced Security License, then they monitor for you. Cisco has lots of different security teams, and they're able to almost make network security a passive thing. As long as I have the right license and have it configured, it catches malware, and will stop a user from downloading a file that's malicious software. In addition, they have a lot of group policy features. You can assign specific users on the network to group policies that either give them access to or bar them from specific things.

The positives are all about the ease of being able to see everything, the ability to troubleshoot and for the solution to passively stop malicious events without me having to do a whole lot of work.

What needs improvement?

The client VPN could use some help, but that's probably partially Microsoft's fault because of the Windows client for VPNs, which keeps changing. Meraki don't have their own software for connecting to the VPN so you have to use the Windows one. It would be great for them to create a client for users to install to connect to the client VPN server. It's one of the biggest complaints about Meraki.

I've been using this solution for about three years.

The solution is stable, it's only been down once or twice in three years and even then it was for a short amount of time and it wasn't completely down, just aspects of it. It's very stable. If a customer has an issue with their network log, we get an alert and check what's going on.

The product is very scalable and I've never had an issue. They have a ton of networks around the world that are all on the portal. In our own company, we have two users dealing with maintenance and we use the solution every day.  Some of our larger customers have over a hundred employees and it works well.

Technical support does a great job. They have a support portal when you're logged in, you can either call a number, or open a ticket and they're onto it quickly. They usually resolve or respond with helpful information within an hour.

I've worked with Aruba Cloud, they have a different type of cloud portal. I've also worked with regular Cisco, not the Meraki side and HP which bought Aruba, so some of that is now the same. We've also dealt with UniFi Dashboard from Ubiquiti, which is a cheaper brand that doesn't really compare but is for anyone on a tight budget.

As long as you understand how it works, the initial setup is very easy and you can configure the network before the devices come in, because they put them in your dashboard and you plug it in when you're ready and it automatically does the work. This is the easiest system I've used and I've worked with most of them. It saves a lot of time because they have lots of templates and abilities to clone configurations from other sites. We're consultants so we did the integration for our company, although Meraki have sometimes helped out on projects.

The license is not cheap as you have to pay a fee for each device but in return they provide good support. If you're buying a Meraki firewall, then you have to buy a license or it won't work. There are options for an annual, three-year, five-year or 10-year license and they have three different lines; the Enterprise Baseline License, the Advanced Security License, and then they have an SD-WAN Plus License, which is the top line license.

The three-year license is about one-third of the price of the actual hardware so if you have a $1,000-$1,200 piece of equipment, then the base license is about $300 for three years for the firewall. Access points are a separate license. It depends on what you're buying. There are 25 to 30 different products and they have different lines of each product.

It can get complicated. They have a top-of-the-range firewall, the MX250, which runs to $20,000-$30,000, and a license for it can be close to $10,000 for three years. They don't actually charge you a license for the dashboard, you get it when you pay for the license for all the hardware.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to find a good partner to work with and to plan what you actually plan to do, and understand what you're buying. There are so many different options with Meraki and you can end up spending more money than you actually need to. We've been educating our customer base about why they should spend more money on their networks and migrating them to Meraki because it's a very good solution.

The solution saves me a lot of time and there aren't many negatives so I rate it nine out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud

Meraki Dashboard
    May 2022
    599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Dipmalya Dasgupta - PeerSpot reviewer
    Solution Architect- Network Infrastructure at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    A comprehensive dashboard that is simple and easy to navigate
    • "The dashboard itself is very simplified and easy to navigate."
    • "If I am a user and I have a seat on the fourth floor, if I move across the building, the system should be able to track me and should be able to figure out my whereabouts or my position within the building if I'm connected to the wireless. That would make the administrator's life easier in terms of reachability."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the dashboard functionalities.

What is most valuable?

Meraki is basically a product we sell as a dashboard. It's the best part of the solution and its greatest selling feature.

Meraki gives a very comprehensive dashboard which gives the customer a lot of flexibility in terms of understanding the exact situational position of their infrastructure and what is happening in terms of the infrastructure, or how their access points are behaving. They can also gain visibility into access points of zones.

The dashboard itself is very simplified and easy to navigate.

There is good documentation in the form of manuals.

The management is very good.It typically covers all of our client's requirements. Most of the clients are very into CSG and they are very willing to take the kind of dashboard offering Meraki has.

India is generally pro-Cisco, as far as networking is concerned, which makes the solution an easy sell. Now that the internet bandwidth has become stabilized in India, we get a lot out of the solution. That makes the cloud capabilities very attractive. With the cloud, clients can cancel at any time, and there aren't controllers on-site to worry about.

What needs improvement?

Overall, the dashboard is already quite good.

However, a few popular improvements that could be suggested include user-based tracking and user-based location tracking. If a client could add those things on, on top of whatever they're using, that would be ideal.

For example, within a building, if I am a user and I have a seat on the fourth floor, if I move across the building, the system should be able to track me and should be able to figure out my whereabouts or my position within the building if I'm connected to the wireless. That would make the administrator's life easier in terms of reachability.

There should be a certain amount of visibility in terms of security validation, or vulnerability assessment. If that can be incorporated, that would be great.

For example, in a single dashboard, you could be getting security incidents, so you could better be able to understand your readiness from the security perspective.

I've been dealing with the solution for two to two and a half years at this point.

The solution is extremely stable. I haven't found it to be non-operational on any of my customers. It's reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs.

As far as scalability is concerned it's simply all about putting additional licenses and adding more number of access points. It's quite scalable, and it's very easy to expand the offering.

The dashboard won't change. The look and feel will remain the same. It's only the number of users and the number of access points that will be added under the same dashboard.

From a scalability perspective or from a manageability perspective, Meraki has a great amount of potential.

In terms of technical support feedback, I won't be able to comment on anything as I am not from an implementation team. This work is being handled by my implementation team, and, since I don't assist in that respect, I've never dealt with technical support directly.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not very complex.

In terms of the length of time it takes, I won't be able to comment on the deployment part, as it's not something I handle personally. What I've heard from my implementation team is that the time compared to any other on-prem solution is pretty fast. It's really about the access points and having them share a little bit of the cloud. You can simply have a plugin-based kind of deployment scenario as well. It's not hard.

Of course, there are obviously security policies that come into play as well. That has to be done regardless of if it is on-premises or not. Security items can be complicated. That said, our team considers the setup to be easy. It's simple and fast to deploy overall.

We handle the implementation for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

We are Cisco partners. We deal with a variety of Cisco products in their rather large portfolio.

We tend to observe whatever is required for the client's environment and we do ensure we take care of all those requirements. Our approach is all client-driven. Based on that, we tend to work with different versions. Most of the customers want to go with the latest version.

I would definitely recommend the solution.

From what I have seen in the last couple of years there's a trend towards the cloud market in India (apart from a few governments). In India, we have a government regulation that if you want to have your data on the cloud, then you have to meet certain compliances and you have to have data held centrally in India only. There are lots of challenges in government cloud operations.

Apart from the government, whether it's a large, small or medium-sized enterprise, this solution would work well. They will find a lot of value in having a Meraki solution in their company. I have noticed that most of the customers moving to a cloud-based situation generally prefer Meraki over any other brands.

Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Senior Advisor at TwentyTwo
    Allows you to see what current data transfer rates are on switches in the dashboard and run cable tests from it
    • "We find that Meraki has all the features you need to be able to enable complex network protocols for AV equipment. We deal with a streaming product over IP, and Meraki is fantastic at that."
    • "It's a very complex system. Customers have told me that sometimes there are lots of advanced features that are available and that you can change in the dashboard, but sometimes it's very hard to know what they are."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a consultant. When a customer moves buildings, I help them understand what they're going to need for the new building. We put them in touch with all the right companies that can help put that together.

This solution is usually deployed in the cloud.

What is most valuable?

Meraki provides the most features. It's helpful to be able to see that your network is online. Something I love about Meraki is on all the Meraki switches in the dashboard, you can see what their current data transfer rates are, and you can run cable tests from it. We've used the cable test function numerous times. It's fantastic.

One of the things we love about Meraki is that we work a lot with audio visual systems for new buildings. We find that Meraki has all the features you need to be able to enable complex network protocols for AV equipment. We deal with a streaming product over IP, and Meraki is fantastic at that. With wireless presentation, you can set Bonjour and mDNS replication really easily on your wireless network and have it traverse different VLANs and different wireless servers. It's fabulous, but you have to know how to do it.

What needs improvement?

It's a very complex system. Customers have told me that sometimes there are lots of advanced features that are available and that you can change in the dashboard, but sometimes it's very hard to know what they are. It would be very helpful if next to a lot of the settings, they had a button you could click on, and it would explain what that setting actually does and how it affects your network.

Particularly when you're in the dashboard and particularly when you're looking at wireless networks, they have so many advanced options and they're hard to understand. A lot of people don't know what beacon intervalling is or even basic things like channels.

Meraki has good documentation on their website, but if it was better linked with the dashboard, it would make it a lot simpler. Small businesses that we deal with use Ubiquiti. In their dashboard, next to every setting you can see what that setting does, which is really helpful. DrayTek is like that as well.

We always employ a third party who knows the system inside and out. If you apply it yourself, it would take you forever. From my perspective, that would be the number one thing I would want to see improved as a high-level person, because it would save us a lot of money if we didn't have to employ a third party.

I have been using this solution since before it was purchased by Cisco.

I would give technical support an 8 out of 10. It's very good. We're very lucky. There are a couple of people who are based in Australia who are part of Meraki support, and they're easy to get a hold of and very helpful.

The reason I would mark them down by two points is that sometimes the system is a little bit automated, so it's hard to get to the person you want to talk to. They probably need more support staff, like with most companies. The response time can be a little bit slow sometimes.

Initial setup is very complex.

Every time we've deployed it, we've had to employ third parties to do it for us.

My view is that it's expensive, but it's the best.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

Every time we've deployed it, it's fantastic. It works great. You just have to understand that it's complex, but all systems are complex. Palo Alto is complex, Arista is complex, Extreme Networks is complex.

I would never recommend Meraki to someone who only has 100 users. They would need to have 300 users. For a small number of users, it's expensive, it's complex, and you really need to be able to afford to pay someone who knows how to use it. If you have 300 users, you can have a full-time network engineer.

If you want the best and you have the money, then get it.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Consultant
    Miguel Pinhal - PeerSpot reviewer
    Systems Administrator at Inetum
    Simple configuration, automatic updates, great for home remote work
    • "Meraki Dashboard does not require a lot of maintenance. Cisco tells communicates through the Meraki Dashboard web client, it will automatically send updates to the equipment. They will send you an email on what day the updates will take place. If you want to proceed, you can click on accept, or you can decline them and schedule the updates at another time."
    • "Meraki Dashboard could improve the user interface by making it more user-friendly. The configuring can at times be difficult."

What is our primary use case?

We use a private cloud that is owned by Cisco. We create an account and we can add devices via their MAC address. We then can configure them even before we take them out of the box or when they are on site. It saves a lot of time.

The main use for the Meraki Dashboard is instead of the traditional Cisco way of configuring things where you need a common line, with the Cisco Meraki Dashboard you can configure them through the web. You only need to configure it by doing some checkmarks and typing some IP addresses. It becomes a lot easier when configuring the whole equipment. You can also know the device locations of where they are installed. It will give you a Google Maps location of where the devices are.

How has it helped my organization?

Meraki Dashboard has improved organizations because the configuration of the solution is very easy. It has saved a lot of time.

What is most valuable?

I have been happy with all the features that Meraki Dashboard provides.

What needs improvement?

Meraki Dashboard could improve the user interface by making it more user-friendly. The configuration can at times be difficult.

Also their support team could be better with response times.

I have been using Meraki Dashboard for approximately eight months.

The stability is very good in the Meraki Dashboard.

For example, when something is about to break, it will give you a warning, such as "There is a problem that I think will be happening. Let's fix them before it happens."

The support itself, it´s not been great. Long times waiting for them to pickup a phone call (1h30min) long or even more!

Cisco provides a 24x7 support if you are on an enterprise license.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Negative

The initial setup of Meraki Dashboard is straightforward. You only need to click on add a new device, insert its MAC address, and then it is almost done. You have to type the name you want to give to the equipment, and the IP address, and you are finished.

The deployment takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

We used an integrator which was the vendor's support.

The price of Meraki Dashboard is kinda expensive because knowing that it is a cloud-based solution has its benefits.

What other advice do I have?

Meraki Dashboard is a great solution for every company.

If you want ease and peace of mind throughout and especially if you are starting out with networking. This is a great solution to learn.

Where I see the real potential for today's networking, would be for the healthcare services.

I rate Meraki Dashboard a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

It specialist
    Easy to implement, simple to use, and has a very nice interface
    • "It's really user-friendly."
    • "There needs to be more improvement on the device-connected interface."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for small and medium-sized organizations.

What is most valuable?

It's an easy-to-use product. It's really user-friendly. The product is not really hard to understand. There is so much information relative to the device, and the connected device, or a non-active line, or something like that.

The user interface is great. It's quite simple.

It's very stable.

The initial implementation process is simple.

What needs improvement?

I can't speak to what needs to be improved. I'm pretty satisfied with it.

There needs to be a better way of identifying some hardware. For example, there is some hardware where only the mask address is available - not the full name. There needs to be more improvement on the device-connected interface.

We've been using the solution for one and a half years.

The stability of the solution is great. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze.

We have 150 users on the solution right now.

I've never used technical support in the past. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The initial setup is not a difficult process. It's pretty easy. That said, it depends on the internet connection.

We have three technical teams that are capable of handling the deployment process. They are compromised of managers and two engineers.

If the contact gives us all the information we need, then we can handle the implementation alone.

I cannot recall how long it took to deploy the product.

There might be an additional subscription fee.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to other users and companies. I've been pretty satisfied with its capabilities so far.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall.

REZA JOSEPH - PeerSpot reviewer
    Solutions Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Reseller
    A secure solution with simple navigation and layer 7 visibility
    • "The most valuable feature is its simplicity in navigating through the dashboard. It's well set out, and the layout is nice and user friendly. A lot of clients enjoy seeing layer 7 visibility. They get a good indication and insight into what is happening in their network and what applications are being used the most. They can then customize and give preference to business-critical applications."
    • "They can improve the landing page in Meraki Dashboard. When I go into an organization, they can include a lot more infographics. They can also simplify it a bit and consolidate it. For example, if I've got five branches and I go into customer A's profile or organization, I'd like to see an infographic on the landing page providing a snippet of the entire network layout, that is, all branches in one snapshot. From there, I would like to go into the network that I want to work on or view."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its simplicity in navigating through the dashboard. It's well set out, and the layout is nice and user friendly.

A lot of clients enjoy seeing layer 7 visibility. They get a good indication and insight into what is happening in their network and what applications are being used the most. They can then customize and give preference to business-critical applications.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the landing page in Meraki Dashboard. When I go into an organization, they can include a lot more infographics. They can also simplify it a bit and consolidate it. For example, if I've got five branches and I go into customer A's profile or organization, I'd like to see an infographic on the landing page providing a snippet of the entire network layout, that is, all branches in one snapshot. From there, I would like to go into the network that I want to work on or view.

I have been using Meraki Dashboard for two years.

It is 100% stable. Once we deploy it, we very rarely have any comebacks.

I'm happy with its scalability.

I only have experience of dialing into Meraki technical support. They were very good.

I don't typically work with this solution. Just from my previous experience, it is fairly simple to set up. I don't think there are any issues.

Deployment duration depends on the complexity. It can take two to three days for complex deployments. It can take a couple of hours for simple deployments.

Typically, the license model is for one, three, and five years. They can just be a bit more flexible around it and look into providing an option for 24 months.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a secure and simple solution, I would highly recommend it.

I would rate Meraki Dashboard an eight out of ten.

Alexander Rauch - PeerSpot reviewer
    Delivery Manager Network Services at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Great visibility on the dashboard which enables us to easily extract additional information

What is our primary use case?

Meraki is a networking device which is cloud managed. It's a kind of software defined networking device. You connect to it via the cloud and then you have some dashboard services available from the cloud provider, from Meraki. We have traditional networking devices and we use Meraki for other purposes. I'm the company manager of network services for Europe, India, and Africa and we're a customer of Meraki.

What is most valuable?

I like that there is great visibility on the dashboard and you immediately see when something is going down. If you want to dive deeper and get more details you can. Because this is a cloud solution, you have everything configured and there's nothing we really need to configure ourselves to get the information we need.

I've been using this solution for six years.

I find the solution very scalable. We have both internal and external users. Internally, we have five admins and externally we have about 1,000 users. Because it's outsourced, we probably have around 40 administrators who can log into the system, due to our 24/7 support model. We have approximately 20 locations here in Europe and Russia which are my responsibility, and there are probably maybe 200 end users behind that.

technical support? Are you satisfied? Not satisfied with anything?

Alexander: Yes, I'm satisfied.

The initial setup is very straightforward, it probably took a few hours to set up the first devices. After that it goes very quickly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Private Cloud

Other
    Download our free Meraki Dashboard Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: May 2022