Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

ManageEngine IT360 OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is ManageEngine IT360?

With IT360 you will deliver services efficiently with maximum scalability. Service providers can now accurately manage the SLAs and release new services faster with features like Multi-tenancy, High Availability, Enterprise level systems and Datacenter monitoring, Remote site monitoring and Customer and site-specific dashboards.

ManageEngine IT360 was previously known as IT360.

ManageEngine IT360 Customers

Khimji Ramdas, RME Global, Bank of Namibia, DORMA, PMSI, National Commodities Exchange, EMA, Redstone, First Source

ManageEngine IT360 Video

Archived ManageEngine IT360 Reviews (more than two years old)

It manager at PTC (Public Telecomuncation Corporation)
Good monitoring and alerting capability, and it is easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We are using ManageEngine for monitoring and configuration management.

What is most valuable?

This solution is good for configuration management.

The monitoring capability is easy to use and it can be done without any training.

ManageEngine is easy to deploy.

It is easy to identify and collect information from all of the nodes on the network.

The alerting capability is good and it will send out emails.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have support for integration with ServiceDesk.

We have been using ManageEngine IT360 for five years.

Network Monitoring Software
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Zabbix, Zenoss and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: September 2022.
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is stable enough that we did not need to contact technical support.

We purchased a year of technical support but did not need it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Mohammad_Zarbalizadeh - PeerSpot reviewer
Telecommunications Engineer at FARNAIT
Easy to set up with good scalability and technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to manage and to protect the web servers, the mail server, and the website in my company.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the technical support.

What needs improvement?

The ManageEngine features could improve to show graphs of the traffic and network utility.

In the next release, I would like to have IT support the workload in the network.

I have been working with this solution for one year.

This solution is scalable. It's good for me. Four percent of the company is using this solution in our company.

We have a LAN, a WAN, and 200 nodes in the network.

The technical support is good. A month ago, I submitted a support ticket and they were able to solve my issues.

The initial setup was simple and straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We have a web application firewall at the cloud.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Network Monitoring Software
September 2022
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CISO at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Helps with managing the active directory but needs more intelligence and information availability
  • "The product helps users stay on top of gaining insight into the active directory, permissions and security sets, and user group policy changes."
  • "The product could use more intelligence, automation and general availability of product information."

What is our primary use case?

We are able to track changes to critical subjects in the active directory for our enterprise architecture.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable features for us have to do with gaining insight into our active directory, permissions and security sets, and with user group policy changes.

What needs improvement?

The product can be improved with a little more intelligence in terms of critical objects that are included in the setup. Also, it would be nice to be able to have some additional automation. Basically the purpose would be to review the setup and the setup for base policies.

We have been using Manage Engine for the last about two years.

This is a very stable product.

We need only one centralized instance of ManageEngine that applies to our whole Enterprise. If we were to have different sites, then we would get a license for the other site. So it would be expandible.

There has been nothing we needed to contact ManageEngine's technical support for. In terms of things we may have trouble with, most of the time we just use YouTube videos to learn how to do things on our own.

We use ManageEngine. But we also use ADAudit Plus as well. It is another product by the same company.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Manage Engine as somewhere between a seven and an eight. This is because of the lack of available technical knowledge in terms of competence and maximizing the power of the product. That is the only disadvantage. We know it can do more but finding out how can be an issue.

I don't really know what else can be added in the future to make the product a ten off the top of my head. I can think of a number of things, but there are no improvements that Manage Engine provides to users which I am aware of. We are still discovering the product and we are trying to make sure it is the right IT Management Solution for us after two years in terms of help desk and ticketing and automation of requests.

All I know is that when it comes to managing the active directory, ManageEngine is something I consider to be the best. But you have to take the time to analyze your environment. For me, it is the best that we can do for our purposes. After that the fundamentals of the database connection for the whole enterprise is good. So, I can recommend the product to people who have a similar use case.

Security & Network Specialist at a aerospace/defense firm with 10,001+ employees
ManageEngine IT360 was not complex to set up but the GUI needs to be improved.

What is most valuable?

I like the distributed model of IT360 like the central and probe model.

How has it helped my organization?

An example is that we have multiple sites monitoring the network. This is done by a probe server, and at the main office we have a central server, which helps us to to monitor systems but only from the main office, i.e.. the central server for the whole enterprise.

What needs improvement?

The GUI could be improved.

I have used it for two years.

No, I didn't have any issues.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

4/5.

4/5.

I used Whatsup Gold mostly, but based on my client requests we moved onto ManageEngine IT360.

I can say it was not complex, it is just similar to other monitoring solutions.

We used a vendor team who were 4/5.

Rate of interest would be 4/5.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest you use this product as it's easy for administration, and is based on distributed model support.

SHANTHAMURTHY HANUMANTHARAYAPPA - PeerSpot reviewer
SHANTHAMURTHY HANUMANTHARAYAPPAAssoc Quality Analyst at OptumServe Technology Services

This is a wonderful approach.

it_user218922 - PeerSpot reviewer
System Engineer at a university with 51-200 employees
It enables agentless monitoring although they need to fix the downtime scheduler for SNMP monitored devices.

Valuable Features

• Agentless monitoring
  • Performance history reporting.

Improvements to My Organization

We now have the ability to detect service outages and rectify them before they impact business operations.

Room for Improvement

ManageEngine needs to fix the downtime scheduler for SNMP monitored devices. Alarms are still generated for the devices placed into scheduled maintenance. Surprisingly, this defect has been carried through from version 9 to 10.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two and a half years.

Active Directory integration is done via LDAP query. Why not use the native libraries included in Windows instead?

This product is incredibly stable.

Absolutely fantastic. ManageEngine support representatives are able to do almost anything at anytime.

Absolutely fantastic. They are almost always able to provide a solid solution when any problems arise.

Installation was just a series of clicks through the wizard. Everything fell into place and the system started working.

Other Advice

Never use the database server included with the product. Always use a separate Microsoft SQL server. This saves a lot of time when troubleshooting.