IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

IBM Cloud Identity Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Cloud Identity Service is #13 ranked solution in top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers. PeerSpot users give IBM Cloud Identity Service an average rating of 8 out of 10. IBM Cloud Identity Service is most commonly compared to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD): IBM Cloud Identity Service vs Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). IBM Cloud Identity Service is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is IBM Cloud Identity Service?

Whether your applications are custom, your business processes complex, or you're looking for world-class professional services and project management to coordinate each step of your project, IBM Cloud Identity Service is uniquely suited to serve organizations with out-of-the box challenges.

IBM Cloud Identity Service can be designed to help with the full lifecycle of implementation and operations, including discovery, planning, project management, integration engineering and more – expertly delivered by IBM's global staff of identity professionals.

IBM Cloud Identity Service Customers

Baxter Healthcare,

IBM Cloud Identity Service Video

IBM Cloud Identity Service Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM Cloud Identity Service pricing:
"The price of the solution is expensive for non-enterprise companies. IBM's always going to be a little more expensive, you're going to be paying a premium. However, depending on the organization's needs, there's probably a benefit there to do even with the price being the way it is."

IBM Cloud Identity Service Reviews

Chief Technology Officer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Excellent support, beneficial integration, and low maintenance
  • "One of the most valuable features of IBM Cloud Identity Service is that it delivers integrations with the commercial SaaS software that's available."
  • "IBM Cloud Identity Service is going in the right direction with the product. They need to keep building out the integrations and having the library is very critical."

What is our primary use case?

If I remember correctly, it's been a bit of time, the IBM Cloud Identity Service is used for authentication identity on other cloud solutions and IBM Cloud Identity Connect is on-premise, it's more of a hybrid type environment. These two solutions can work together, a bridge between them does exist.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of IBM Cloud Identity Service is that it delivers integrations with the commercial SaaS software that's available.

What needs improvement?

IBM Cloud Identity Service is going in the right direction with the product. They need to keep building out the integrations and having the library is very critical.

I have been using IBM Cloud Identity Service for approximately two and a half years.
Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Microsoft, Okta and others in Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS). Updated: June 2022.
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

IBM Cloud Identity Service is highly stable.

I have found IBM Cloud Identity Service to be highly scalable. It can handle thousands of users. IBM solutions are truly enterprise-grade. You don't find a lot of use cases for small businesses, or even sometimes medium businesses, the price point does not fit smaller businesses. The implementation effort, it's hard to find that cost-benefit.

The IBM support is very good. My experience is very positive. When comparing IBM's support to other big vendors, IBM is good.

The difficulty level of the implementation depends on the use cases that you have and your organization's security hierarchy and needs. Some of the factors of complexity can be the size of the organization, the number of employees, and the levels in your security hierarchy you have. All of these factors can increase the complexity.

The solution is low maintenance.

The price of the solution is expensive for non-enterprise companies. IBM's always going to be a little more expensive, you're going to be paying a premium. However, depending on the organization's needs, there's probably a benefit there to do even with the price being the way it is.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to ensure that you have an inventory of the applications that you want to authenticate and that you're looking for the solution that has the most coverage out of the box. I rate IBM Cloud Identity Service an eight out of ten.
Responcible specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable and helpful for many of our daily operations

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all user management jobs. We also use it for some of the SAP requirements.

It is a cloud-based solution, and we are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable. We can automate many of our daily operations with it, and we don't have to manage many things manually.

What needs improvement?

Everything can be more stable and secure. There could also be more account features. I would like to be able to do more things through it to manage users' accounts.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

It is stable. We haven't faced many issues.

We have more than 1,000 people.

We have a consultant who is their partner in Turkey. For any help, we directly communicate with the consultant through email.

We have a consultant. For its deployment and maintenance, there are three or four people.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend this solution to other users or companies. I would rate it a nine out of 10.

Download our free Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Microsoft, Okta, and more!
Updated: June 2022