Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Google Drive Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Drive Enterprise is #8 ranked solution in top Cloud Storage tools and top Content Collaboration Platforms. PeerSpot users give Google Drive Enterprise an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Google Drive Enterprise is most commonly compared to Google Cloud Storage: Google Drive Enterprise vs Google Cloud Storage. Google Drive Enterprise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 20% of all views.
Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide

Download the Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Google Drive Enterprise?

Drive Enterprise enables you to transform how your business stores, accesses, and secures files, all without extensive change management. Drive Enterprise is a standalone offering with usage-based pricing that includes all the features of Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise was previously known as Drive Enterprise, Google Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise Customers

Journal Communications

Google Drive Enterprise Video

Archived Google Drive Enterprise Reviews (more than two years old)

Project Manager at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Good file sharing, but it needs better integration with other environments

What is our primary use case?

I used this solution for holding data files and sharing them. I stopped using it because I did not like being constrained within the Google environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to share files.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with Google Docs, the Google landscape in general, and other environments.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for about three years.

Google Drive Enterprise
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Google Drive Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I didn't experience any issues with stability.

This is a scalable solution.

What other advice do I have?

I think that Google Drive Enterprise works for a lot of people but it didn't work for me.

I would rate this solution a four out of ten.

Private Cloud

Google
Donovan Greeff - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Software Delivery at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Sheets and Docs are easily tied in with the ability to choose who you share something with
  • "Simplicity while competently serving the needs of secure document storage and sharing is part of the beauty of the product."
  • "There is really not too much that I think needs to be added to the product to improve it. Some of the features within Sheets could be enhanced so this product is a more complete replacement for Excel."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage our enterprise accounts. We also use it for communications like email communication, video conferencing, et cetera. With Drive specifically, we use that for storing internal confidential documents or internal documentation that require an extra level of security.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a solution for secure document sharing that is not really matched by other similar solutions.

What is most valuable?

I would say that spreadsheets (Sheets) and document (Docs) functionalities have been most useful. That is because it is easily tied in with the ability to choose who you share something with. I think that is really primarily what is most valuable to us.

What needs improvement?

In a more general way and for our purposes, I would say having a little bit more control and clarity over what is shared and how it is shared would be a useful improvement. There are obviously controls already in the product for sharing and restrictions, but they could be more robust and flexible as far as assigning restrictions.

Also, some of the features within Sheets could be enhanced. It is meant to be a replacement to Excel, but it really is not there yet as a product with equal capabilities as there are still quite a few limitations to the functionality.

Aside from those few things, there is really not too much that I think needs to be added to the product to improve it. It is quite a simple product and that is kind of the beauty of it. There is not too much more that you could add to it that would really help and might just complicate it instead. I think it is quite a mature, simple, good solution.

We have been using the product for about a year now in my current role with this company. I used it in previous roles and as a customer for several years before that.

We have not had any issues with the stability of the product.

There really are no issues with scalability. Storage is unlimited and it is on the cloud so it can scale automatically.

Personally, I have not had a reason to put in a call to the technical support but the team that administers the account has. I know I have not heard any negative feedback. Response times are within the SLA (Service Level Agreement), so the service is as expected.

The setup is really pretty straightforward.

It is inexpensive and the cost is per user per month.

We did not really do any serious evaluations of products of this type before choosing to go with Drive Enterprise. I only previously looked at things like Dropbox which are pretty insecure solutions. I have used those things in the past but I have not used them for many years now because of the lack of better security features in them.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people who are considering Google Drive Enterprise as a solution is to go ahead and use it. It is a good tool. It is secure. It is great for managing internal company documentation in a secure fashion.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the product as about a nine-out-of-ten. To make it better than that it would really need to have some sort of revolutionary improvement that makes it step ahead of the entire class of products. I do not know what that would be. I, personally, very seldom give things 10-out-of-10 as I think perfection is something that is essentially unattainable.

Other
Google Drive Enterprise
September 2022
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user1293444 - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate at a legal firm with 1-10 employees
Scalable, stable and easy to setup
  • "The solution is very easy to scale."
  • "A separate interface to give users a summary of how they've shared items on the drive would be useful. You can end up having a lot of stuff and the sheer amount can end up making users feel a little bit lost in terms of knowing who they've actually shared items with."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for internal file management and also for creating rooms or drives for clients.

What is most valuable?

The streamlining that an organization gets when using the solution is great. It saves a lot of space on the desktop because all of the files are in the cloud and don't need to be downloaded.

What needs improvement?

I don't know if it's already available, however, being able to set a period for which files can be available to people you share them with before the permissions disappear would be quite helpful.

A separate interface to give users a summary of how they've shared items on the drive would be useful. You can end up having a lot of stuff and the sheer amount can end up making users feel a little bit lost in terms of knowing who they've actually shared items with.

I haven't been using the solution for too long in this current organization, however, I have worked with it extensively in the past.

The solution is quite stable.

The solution is very easy to scale.

We currently have about 300 people in our organization using it regularly. Virtually everyone uses it, including executive management. Analysts, sales, developers and finance teams are all on it.

We've never contacted technical support. I don't think we have any issues.

We have previously used Dropbox. However, it wasn't great for streamlining services.

The initial setup is quite simple. Users will find it very straightforward. There isn't even really any setup required. As soon as the domain was set up, it was ready to go.

We didn't evaluate another solution. I had already used Google privately and decided it was a good one to use to streamline and switch over to.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. It's constantly updating itself. A user doesn't have to go and manually update the solution.

We use this solution on a daily basis and quite extensively.

Most organizations need to try it out. It's very straightforward. I'd suggest users go to Wix to get their domains, however, instead of Google, as Google can be quite expensive for that.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Google
Webmaster at a maritime company with 501-1,000 employees
The space feature is great and installation is quick and easy
  • "The program is very stable."
  • "I am not sure what will happen if you forget to renew your license."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for personal files and file storage. So basically I use the solution as long-term storage for photos, documents, or media files that we used over the years.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about this solution, is the space feature that is used to store documents. I like it that I can store files to access whenever and wherever I want. I can access files on my laptop from anywhere. The other valuable feature is that the solution is fast and secure. The program runs seamlessly. I simply send my files to the cloud where they are stored, and I don't have to worry about losing my phone or laptop, I know exactly where they are. I don't have to use any other features in terms of sharing it, for instance.

What needs improvement?

I don't really see anything that needs to improve. I am not a very heavy user so I haven't had any issues with it. I think it does okay for the basics, for storing and saving files. Perhaps the security of files can be better.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for ten years now.

The program is very stable. I've never seen it crash.

I think Google is scalable by default. I know that from personal experience. I'm not a heavy user, so I think it's scalable.

There has never been need to contact their support team.

Yes, we did use a different solution, Google Cloud, so it was very similar software. I used Microsoft Drive as an alternative too. Google Drive is a great solution if you are on Gmail, so it's worth sticking with Gmail. Also, if you use an Android device that works with integration, the system runs seamlessly. Google Drive gives you a better storage amount in terms of it being your own storage unit and not others.

It is really easy to set it up on your personal laptop. But I am in government now, so we're not allowed to set up Google Drive. We're restricted and due to security measures Google Drive is not accessible in all areas.

I'm an IT technician so I was responsible for the installation and deployment, which took me only about two minutes.

The program is very affordable. I am just not sure what will happen if you forget to renew your license. Will you lose all your data? That is still unclear to me.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution an eight out of ten. I think there is a lot of distrust when it comes to giving your data to Google. They're a commercially based company, so putting anything on Google Drive might not be hundred percent secure and how will I know for sure that nothing's going to happen to my file? You don't have the assurance, so it's always a security issue when giving your files to Google Drive to store. I don't think security is Google's first priority, although it is a flexible, good software. That's why I give it eight.

Download our free Google Drive Enterprise Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022