We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
HimanshuTejwani
System Administrator and DevOps Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A low cost, stable productivity tool for startups
  • "The user interface is fantastic. It's also available for the individual person, so that's also a great thing about it."
  • "I found that there is no desktop application for this solution, and that's a major fault of this application."

What is our primary use case?

We use G Suite Enterprise as a productivity tool. It's used to make spreadsheets, and we use Google Docs for text editing.

What is most valuable?

It's a cloud-based solution. As it's a Google service, it integrates well with Google. So that is a benefit of using this application.

The user interface is fantastic. It's also available for the individual person, so that's also a great thing about it.

It is a stable solution as well. It's low in cost and is a good solution for startups.

What needs improvement?

I found that there is no desktop application for this solution, and that's a major fault of this application. I think it would be good if Google can enhance the desktop application for it.

Also, it's a little bit slow because it's a web application and not a desktop application. The performance is not that great as compared to Office 365.

I have used it for three years.

It's a pretty stable product, and I haven't encountered any issues apart from the slight slowness of the product.

We have around 150 users, which is the total strength of the organization.

I have an annual license cost.

What other advice do I have?

G Suite Enterprise is a good option for startups. It's low in cost as compared to Office 365, and there is no difference. They are almost equal to each other if we keep performance aside, and it's a stable product. So, I recommend this product for startups and would rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

Assistant vice president at JAIN IRRIGATION SYSTEMS LTD
Comprehensive documentation, easy to use, but email traceability could improve

What is our primary use case?

We use G Suite Enterprise mainly for communication in the form of emails and chat but it has multiple usages.

What is most valuable?

G Suite Enterprise is user-friendly, and the technical toolkits and other information are on the website. Additionally, the technical documents are comprehensive.

What needs improvement?

We noticed that sometimes when we forward emails to somebody, it is being relocated as part of the communication somewhere else. The traceability and other features should be improved.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for approximately four years.

G Suite Enterprise has been highly stable.

What do I think about the scalability

What needs improvement?

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for approximately four years.

G Suite Enterprise has been highly stable.

The scalability of G Suite Enterprise is very good and it is one of the distinguishing features is separates your product from competitors.

We have approximately 500 users using this solution in my organization.

We might increase usage of this solution but we will have to wait and see what happens with the COVID phenomenon to subside, we hope for normalcy.

We have found the technical support to be average. The technical team from Google is available on the web

We have used many other solutions previously, such as Microsoft.

The initial setup of G Suite Enterprise was straightforward.

In our organization, the implementation took four days and on the fifth day, we were able to roll it out.

We used a consultant from Google to help us with the implementation. We had a good experience with them.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite Enterprise a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Managing Director at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
A scalable and stable collaborative solution with an easy setup
  • "The solution helps us to collaborate."
  • "It would be nice to have additional software, such as Microsoft Teams, since our basic edition, Google Meet, cannot record video."

What is our primary use case?

We do not make use of the software Enterprise, but only of the basic edition, such as Gmail and Google Docs.

What is most valuable?

The solution helps us to collaborate. We can work and share files with our team. We also use Google Meet.

What needs improvement?

The permission and control should be addressed. It would also be nice to have additional software, such as Microsoft Teams, since our basic edition, Google Meet, cannot record video.

It would be great if we could develop our own application by our site.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for around two or three years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have rarely had occasion to make use of technical support, although we have had to do so for other Google products, such as Google app, in which case we found it to be quite good. Mainly, we handle the support on our own.

The initial setup was simple.

We were capable of implementing on our own.

The solution requires of use some maintenance.

We just use the solution along with another software.

What other advice do I have?

There are around 200 users making use of the solution in our organization. We provide commentary and sell the solution to our clients.

I rate G Suite Enterprises as an eight out of ten.

Google
Head Of Technology - Toca Social at a media company with 11-50 employees
Easy to use, easy to administer, and stable, but can have a better graphical user interface
  • "It is a stable platform. It is very easy to use, and most importantly, it is very easy to administer. It also gets up and running quite easily."
  • "They can maybe improve its graphical user interface. Google is not really known for having a PC interface. It is just a nice-to-have feature."

What is our primary use case?

It is mostly used for email and account management. Our infrastructure is linked to Google. We have our own domain, but the mail is Google-based. We don't have a rigid infrastructure with domain servers and things like that. Each individual computer is linked to the main account of the user for Google validation processes. We also use cloud storage for Google Drive and file sharing across the company.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable platform. It is very easy to use, and most importantly, it is very easy to administer. It also gets up and running quite easily.

What needs improvement?

They can maybe improve its graphical user interface. Google is not really known for having a PC interface. It is just a nice-to-have feature.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is most definitely scalable. We have around 200 users.

We haven't had much interaction with them. We're using just the basic functionality of it. We have internal people who are able to handle this. They are quite experienced, so we didn't need any support.

We've been using G Suite since our company's inception.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is quite a good product. Our requirements are very basic, and it fully satisfies our requirements. We plan to keep using it for the time being.

I would rate G Suite Enterprise a seven out of ten.

CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
High performance, easy to use, and great collaboration functions
  • "The valuable features of this solution are ease of use, performance is great, and collaboration. It is very easy to share and joins documents."
  • "In some cases, we are using the Google Meet functions but only when we have external clients. Internally, we are using Slack. Google Meet virtual meeting function is not as advanced as the one in Slack and should improve."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for internal office collaboration, for example, shared documents and storage. We are also using Jira, and this is what supports our internal processes development, and support processes.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In some cases, we are using the Google Meet functions but only when we have external clients. Internally, we are using Slack. Google Meet virtual meeting function is not as advanced as the one in Slack and should improve.

There could be better integration between other platforms.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

The solution is stable.

We have found that G Suite Enterprise has good scalability. We have 15 users using this solution in my organization.

We pay a monthly subscription for the use of this solution.

We evaluated the Microsoft package, but then we decided on this solution. We found it suited us better and the collaboration was easier.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate G Suite Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Head of Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good anti-spam engine for emails, easy to implement, and useful for many things

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for online calendar and meetings. It can also be used for email, notes, cloud storage, and Google Drive.

What is most valuable?

When it comes to email, Google has a very good anti-spam engine or solution. We get very less spams. We don't have to use an external anti-spam solution with this.

What needs improvement?

In Google Meet, there is no feature for recording a meeting. It should have a feature for recording.

I have been using this solution for more than three years.

We have somewhere around 75 users. Its usage will increase to a maximum of 100 users.

Their technical support is…

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for more than three years.

Their technical support is fine. For most of the things, we don't need support, but whenever required, we can get support.

Being a cloud solution, no big effort is required for its implementation. It is easy to implement this solution.

We normally purchase the license on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate G Suite Enterprise a nine out of ten.

IT Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has an easy setup and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for collaborative jobs, email, meetings, Google Drive and for storing information.

What needs improvement?

While, overall, I am satisfied with the solution, the stability could be improved, such as the issue of Google meetings being disparate from those on Zoom platforms.

We have been using G Suite Enterprise for two years.

The stability should be addressed.

Since I am using the cloud, I am not in a position to comment on the solution's scalability.

The solution's technical support is very good.

How was the initial

What needs improvement?

We have been using G Suite Enterprise for two years.

The stability should be addressed.

The solution's technical support is very good.

The initial setup of G Suite Enterprise is easy.

While I cannot recall exactly how long the full deployment took us, I believe we are talking about two or three months. During this period we needed to migrate from Microsoft to Google, after which we had some work to tend to.

What other advice do I have?

There are around 4,000 people using the solution in our organization.

My advice to others is to not give up, since the starter form changed and they'll be off work.

I rate G Suite Enterprise as a nine out of ten.

Information Technology Manager at a non-profit with 1-10 employees
Easy to implement, straightforward to use, and it is stable

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it as our email system.

What needs improvement?

When I compare with Office 365, G Suite has fewer features. The collaboration in Office 365 is more advanced and more developed than G Suite.

We have been using the G Suite Basic Edition for between two and three years.

We have not had any limitations with G Suite. There are no issues with the stability of this product.

We have not needed help from technical support. G Suite is pretty much straightforward.

There is nothing to install. We just have to subscribe to it. The implementation was very easy.

Which

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it as our email system.

What needs improvement?

When I compare with Office 365, G Suite has fewer features.

We have been using the G Suite Basic Edition for between two and three years.

There is nothing to install. We just have to subscribe to it.

The implementation was very easy.

We have plans to migrate to Office 365. We want to keep everything on the same platform for office applications. Rather than purchase two licenses, we would like to purchase one.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that Office 365 is better to use.