We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

G Suite Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

G Suite Enterprise is #2 ranked solution in top Email Applications, #2 ranked solution in top Wireless Email tools, #2 ranked solution in top Cloud Storage tools, and #4 ranked solution in top Content Collaboration Platforms. PeerSpot users give G Suite Enterprise an average rating of 8 out of 10. G Suite Enterprise is most commonly compared to Amazon WorkMail: G Suite Enterprise vs Amazon WorkMail. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is G Suite Enterprise?

Google Apps for Business is a cloud-based productivity suite which connects team members, allowing all users to work no matter where they are, using any device. Setup of Google Apps for Business is straightforward, and is simple to use and manage.

A big benefit of Google Apps for Business is that all products can be accessed using one Google log-in for each user, so only a single account set-up per user is required.

G Suite Enterprise was previously known as G-Suite Enterprise, G-Suite, Google Apps for Business, G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G-Suite Basic, G-Suite Business, Google Vault.

G Suite Enterprise Buyer's Guide

Download the G Suite Enterprise Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

G Suite Enterprise Customers

There are over five million businesses that use Google Apps for Business worldwide. Some key customers include The Roche Group, National Geographic, American Red Cross, City of Los Angeles, Flight Centre, and Konica Minolta.

G Suite Enterprise Video

G Suite Enterprise Pricing Advice

What users are saying about G Suite Enterprise pricing:
  • "2,500 Rupees per month per user."
  • "Approximately $6 per user, per month."
  • "The pricing is comparable, it's pretty decent."
  • "It's about $8.30 up a user per month."
  • G Suite Enterprise Reviews

Principal Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Good email service, however, no technical support and needs to be more automated
    • "In terms of email, I could probably do the same things with other programs, however, I find 90% of my usage is Gmail."
    • "The solution is not user-friendly and it doesn't integrate that well with Microsoft Office, which is one of the bigger business apps on the market, compared to Google Sheets and applications of that sort."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for various aspects of my business (scheduling/calendar, email, etc.).

What is most valuable?

The two best aspects of the solution for me are the calendar and the email (Gmail).

What needs improvement?

If I were to think about what could be improved for G Suite for business, if you're talking about automated processes or that kind of functionality, that would be great. If there were pre-programmable items, I think that would be very helpful for me. For instance, there's a lot of steps that I take to line up an agreement. I get a signed agreement, I scan it, it goes onto my computer (which is OneDrive), and then I need to open my email and email my administrator.

That's a pretty repetitive task. If it is easier to create automated-type items or templated forms, that would be fantastic.

There needs to be more intuitive support on offer. I want to integrate more features into my business to get more use out of the solution without having to take hours and hours of time that I just don't have. How to integrate what and where requires research. I don't want to research how to work the solution. I want it to be clear about what it is I can build out and how to do it quickly.

If there was a better way to integrate the solution into all of my other devices, like my phone, I'd be happier with it. I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 device. If there was a way for all of this to be vertically integrated with Chat, Hangouts, and all the different items associated with the solution, where it would be in one place rather than all over, that would probably make it easier, and make it feel more integrated.

I also do not like how Google tracks every email I send.

With Google, I used to have to log in and pull it up and do everything on a webpage. I just find it much easier to work right off the desktop rather than on a web page, which is why I prefer the Microsoft Office suite.

In terms of using the solution personally for my business, I have been using it for three years.

I've found the stability to be not that great. The reason is that I've had opportunities early on where, instead of using OneDrive and my Microsoft account, I was going to move everything over to my Google Drive, but I got to a place where it would start blinking and flash, and I couldn't pull a document. I couldn't access my G Drive. It was just acting weird. For a while, it would freeze up and it wouldn't do anything.

I haven't had the issue lately. It was a problem which led me to stay with Microsoft. Right now I'm using Microsoft Outlook as my primary platform when I'm sitting at my desktop. It also seems to syncs with Google.

I can't comment on the effectiveness of scaling the solution because I haven't really tried to scale it that much.

I've got an admin person that does a little bit for me, however, I mostly just use the email functionality.

My main thing that I do is sales and marketing. I'm not an IT guy, and I don't want to be an IT guy. If I have to go in and I have to figure it out for myself, then I'm not going to take that time to do it. I'll continue doing what I'm doing, which is to focus on revenue-generating activities. G Suite does not make it easy for a one-person business to go in and figure this stuff out and make it easy.

I do not find their support to be very useful.

They try to send you to a tutorial of some sort and these tutorials are not that intuitive for what I would call a lay person like me. There is no real service where you can get on the phone with an individual to walk you through it. It's pretty much self-discovery.

I don't have time to do that. If I have a problem, I need to solve it now and the way they have their support set up, what should take five minutes takes two hours because it takes an hour and 55 minutes to find what you need and it takes five minutes to fix it.

I went into G Suite, and signed up. I got a little help from my web developer, but I pretty much, I did it myself.

Once you are signed up, the one thing I don't like about Google is if you try to find any information, it is not really laid out that well. I've had some problems and I have spent hours trying to get it fixed. And when I finally find the answer, it's like, well, that wasn't that difficult, but it's really not easy to find stuff on Google. And I find their support to be lacking.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer.

I'm not sure of the version I'm currently using. I just use the business G Suite. I believe it's always the latest version that's available.

The only thing I use in G Suite is Gmail, Drive and the Calendar and that's about it. I'm not really using Google Ads. I do a little bit of YouTube stuff, but I'm fixing to convert that into putting the videos on my website. I just recently also used Google Voice.

In terms of advice to other companies, I'd caution that it's very difficult to use effectively. Users need to really make sure they're going to have to be able to vertically integrate it. If you're using Microsoft Office and Google together, you might want to just consider how to stay within the Microsoft Office platform. If you're going to use Google, you need to consider how you integrate that entirely inside your business.

I would rate the solution five out of ten.

There's a lot of opportunity in Google, however, their biggest two problems are that they don't do a very good job of protecting the privacy of the individual that's using G Suite, and it needs to be more intuitive and easier to implement.

Justin Keswick
    Senior Desktop Analyst at Tech Mahindra
    It replaces a mishmash of different solutions with one fully integrated product.
    • "Google seems to be a more stable environment than our current on-premise Microsoft solution that we're replacing."
    • "G-Suite is excellent for what we're trying to do, but it could use some extra features. For example, it would be helpful if we had a seamless way to convert Excel macros to Google Sheets."

What is our primary use case?

We use G-Suite for updating documents. We are implementing it in two stages. In the first stage, we are only using Google Drive, Chat, Sheets, Slides, and we're working toward replacing Microsoft Office 2010. It's deployed in the cloud, which is why we need Google One login to act as the single sign-on.

The first phase is Google Open, which uses Google Drive, and the second phase will be Google Connect, which will be replacing Microsoft Outlook with Gmail. Beyond that, we're also going to get rid of Microsoft Active Directory, which lists users and systems.

Our company builds commercial aircraft, like airplanes and helicopters, manufactured in various countries, so it's a global supply chain. In a multinational company like this, you need to share documents across all these different locations in Europe, North America, or South America.

We're also using G-Suite in manufacturing, so we use big-screen TVs to share documents and update information. It's a touch screen, so it's a big panel on wheels displaying diagrams, engine repairs, and that type of thing.

What is most valuable?

We're replacing a mishmash of different solutions with one fully integrated product.

What needs improvement?

G-Suite is excellent for what we're trying to do, but it could use some extra features. For example, it would be helpful if we had a seamless way to convert Excel macros to Google Sheets. We use the OneLogin to authenticate users logging into G-Suite. We'd like to see a lot of the same information provided from Microsoft Active Directory, such as the user's location, telephone number, etc. If G-Suite could develop this type of service, that would be amazing.

I've been using G-Suite Enterprise for the last eight months.

So far, Google seems to be a more stable environment than our current on-premise Microsoft solution that we're replacing.

G-Suite is easy to scale. With an on-premise environment, you have hardware limitations, like hard drive space, server CPU, RAM, etc. You don't have those limitations with a cloud platform because Google has server farms and unlimited hard drive space. So you're going from an environment where you have limitations to one that doesn't.

I'm unsure how many users we have worldwide because our global user footprint includes implementations in France, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Brazil. So I couldn't give an accurate number of how many users will be onboarded in the next two years.

We're planning to expand our usage through integrating with other solutions. When I log in, I have around six applications that use the single sign-on, but we will onboard more. We're switching over from the Microsoft environment, like Excel macros, or connecting to the databases and pulling down data from SAP. All of that functionality will be replicated within Google Workspace.

I have never used Google support. I'm also a big Google user outside of the company of Google Workspace. I have a personal Google One account that gives me 1 terabyte of data. And most Google support is self-serve. I do a Google search for help, so it's all pretty straightforward. I've never had a situation where I needed to contact somebody.

We had a bundle of things, including Microsoft servers and Microsoft Outlook email. Other things like file transfer would be covered under SFTP, and we used a product called Axway.
    If you're transferring files between countries, you need to do some encryption like PGP. We use Stormshield for email file transfer. But when you get to larger files, like over 15 gigabytes, you need an SFTP server. If you're transferring a video, then you're going to put it on Google Drive, and because it's authenticated, you can do those file transfers.

On our end, the deployment process is signing up the users. They submit a form with their department and email address, and that's how they get authenticated. I am a senior desktop analyst, so I set up the users, provide them with a laptop or desktop, and set them up with services like Google Workspace. I'm part of the provisioning process. Our headquarters in France handled the primary deployment, and we provide end-user support. I never was involved in the actual setup or implementation.

The only maintenance necessary is the authentication platform instead of the OneLogin product. We're deploying Google Workspace and ServiceNow, which is my primary application as a support person. I can pass through authentication when I'm in the office through OneLogin. If I'm logging in externally on a non-company computer, I can use OneLogin authentication on my phone to get into ServiceNow.

We're in between phase one and phase two of our implementation, so the real cost savings is going to be the ease of use and reduced support cost.

I would not be able to say how much the company paid for the enterprise solution. But from an end-user perspective, I can say that Google One is reasonable. I know schools and small companies use G-Suite. So if public and non-profit enterprises use it, then I don't think the price is a limitation.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G-Suite Enterprise nine out of 10. If you're looking at implementing an application through G-Suite and using the single sign-on, you need to bring on people with a different skill set. For example, if you're replacing those Excel macros, you need somebody who knows the Apps Script programming language. Procuring that knowledge and those skills is the real cost.

People looking to implement G-Suite need to evolve and change their mindset from an on-premise solution to a cloud solution. When working on a cloud solution, you need to retrain your employees. We also set employees up with a trainer when we onboard them. This is a short session that bridges the gap between what they've traditionally used, like SharePoint or sharing files via Excel, and moving toward sharing files between departments on Google Drive.

You also need to become cross-functional in how you utilize the product. For example, we might have one senior marketing person or somebody overseeing technical publications in each country. If you're going to share documents in common, you need to identify who those individuals are and share them with the team.

Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Steven Wilson
    Founder CEO at Stacqdale
    Great for collaboration, extremely scalable, and reasonable pricing
    • "I like the capabilities for collaboration on any platform. For example, I might be on an iPad whereas the person next to me is on a laptop and the person next to them is on their phone. We can all collaborate together and update documentation in real-time."
    • "Better integration without visual misrepresentation with the Microsoft suite is required."

What is our primary use case?

It's a wonderful solution for an organization that is changing in size dramatically. I find it super easy to add, delete, or replace users. From an administrative perspective, that's really nice. It provides all the collaboration and integration needed for teams and uses the Microsoft Suite of solutions quite nicely.

What is most valuable?

Working on documentation and the revalidation of formulas in their sheets application are both hugely valuable. I don't use as much some of their native version management. I tend to have my own system for that, so I don't use it for that, however, I do like the ability for multi-user real-time collaboration. That's a critical value point on G Suite.

What needs improvement?

Better integration without visual misrepresentation with the Microsoft suite is required. Right now, I'm paying for everything from my website and everything else under Google suite. I really like it. However, on occasion, when I have to interact, especially back and forth, and particularly on legal terms documents, there's always some formatting or structural issues between G Suite documents and Microsoft Word, for example.

When you're copying files from one location to another and they say, "Oh, there are already files there. Would you like to just overwrite them? Or would you like to choose them one by one?" I would like, when I'm looking to integrate with a Microsoft user, to be able to make my selections on a selection by selection basis, and then be able to save that as a configuration for that communication between myself on G Suite and them on Microsoft Office. That would be an amazing feature.

I've been using the solution for 20 years. It's been two decades.

I've never seen a limit to the solution in terms of how high it can scale. I've never seen an upper-end issue. I'm also talking about users to the maximum of hundreds. I haven't needed the solution for tens of thousands of people. I'm assuming that there is some sort of upper limit, however, for now, both the limit from an individual user or for small and medium-size organizations, the ability to quickly adjust your limits on the storage isn't a problem.

For example, I'm using Google storage as my primary cloud storage provider. I find it fantastic. And I get a lot of warnings as to when I'm getting close to the limit. I can just up my program, increase my storage and it's done. I don't have to do anything more.

We've never had to deal with technical support. I'm capable of doing it all myself and or one or two of the other people in our office can handle any problems as well. Since we've ever had to deal with technical support, I can't speak to their quality of service.

I've used Office 365 and related solutions from Microsoft almost as much as G Suite. I also use communications platforms, such as Zoom.

I only use Zoom when I have to. It's not one of my favorite platforms. I prefer others. I prefer the Google Suite communications platform. If I look on my phone, I've got Google Hangouts, Google duo, and I'll tend to use those over Zoom.

Zoom is getting better. The security is getting better. However, I still use Google and WebEx and any number of different platforms depending on what is the preferred platform of my customers.

I do not know the licensing costs off the top of my head. It's been months since I've looked at it. Due to the fact that we're on a per-user basis, I consider the pricing to be very reasonable. However, it fluctuates up and down with the number of employees.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers; we don't have a business relationship with Google.

There's always going to be a decision to either go with a G Suite, Microsoft Office, or some other open-source platform like Open Office. I would suggest G Suite to someone who's considering making a move, especially if they are a new enterprise. They need to consider carefully who they're going to be interacting with in terms of clients.

Does it make sense for them to pay the premium price and go to the Microsoft Suite because of the nature of the work they're doing? It depends on the situation. If I was doing a lot of legal work with a lot of documentation back and forth, I wouldn't even think twice. I'd only use Microsoft.

However, if I'm doing a lot of other sorts of work where I need to have collaboration, I would hands down choose G Suite. If I'm not worried about collaboration and I just want cheap and cheerful, I would probably go to Open Office.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Marco-Carvajal
    CEO/CTO at Xandor Systems
    The apps are intuitive, easy to use, and highly responsive
    • "Everything is synchronized across every single device you use to access G Suite. That is why we like it."
    • "And I think Google Translate could add more features. For example, it could be integrated when typing in a document or a web browser like Grammarly."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use G Suite for keeping notes and the calendar. I also use the productivity tools or applications that belong to G Suite and the free email service as well as the Chrome browser to search Google.

What is most valuable?

Everything is synchronized across every single device you use to access G Suite. That is why we like it. Also, the apps are intuitive, easy to use, and highly responsive. Gmail and the Chrome browser are the two tools we use the most. We also use Google Drive to upload and store files online.

Many of the other tools are useful. I often access YouTube for personal use, but I seldom use Google Maps because I prefer Waze. Instead, I use the translator and the tool for managing photos. I use Google Keep for taking notes and also Meet because, in the business world, you need to use various tools to host web conferences with customers, vendors, and for personal use. I don't use Google Hangouts, though.

What needs improvement?

I think Meet is not as well-positioned as Zoom. That application needs to be enhanced to make it more feature-rich and easy to use. It's easy and has all the essential features, but it's not as popular as Zoom. And I think Google Translate could add more features. For example, it could be integrated when typing in a document or a web browser like Grammarly. I use Grammarly to review the way I write English, and the services included in Grammarly are excellent. Or translation features could be embedded in all the Google applications. It would also be helpful to use translation offline when you are using a desktop, tablet, or cellphone that can't access the web.

For years, everyone has been expecting Google to add a real-time AI interpreting service where you can speak in your language, and Google translates it into other languages for other users. For example, you have a cellphone or web instant messaging integrated with free phone service. They could also use translation services to make it easier to communicate among people because not everyone knows exactly different languages. So I can speak in Spanish, and you understand me in English because you listen to me in English. And if you need to ask something because you are not clear about anything that I said, you can ask a question in your language, and I listen to you in my language.

It would be an excellent service for Google. They already have a global scope and their own platform. Google has an advantage because it is at the top of the internet services. They aren't the leader in all services, but they are well-positioned as the top searching engine. Google could seize other opportunities to develop and deploy some other services we are hoping for and make things easier for everybody.

I don't know precisely how long, but we've been using G Suite for years. I think we've been using it since Google launched those services — before Google started branding this set of apps G Suite. I don't know when they decided to bundle their solutions into G Suite and Plus. Google is the leading provider of internet services, so of course, I use applications from Google.

G Suite's performance is good. It's highly stable.

Google has many data centers, and their services are in their cloud. The performance in all of their applications is excellent. I can't say a bad word about G Suite.

I haven't ever needed to use Google support because everything works. I don't remember when Google has locked a service or went down due to a bug. So I think they produce excellent applications. They have an excellent approach to quality, testing, and user satisfaction. Google keeps things as simple as possible.

G Suite applications are all web-based, so you do not have to download anything. It's simple compared to some other products.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite nine out of 10. I highly recommend it. Google email services have been helpful for us. I worked for the second-largest public university in Costa Rica, and there was a need to have thousands of active email addresses. It's complex to configure all of them yourself and maintain an email server. Google email offered an effortless way to implement the email for more than 20,000 different addresses that needed to be opened every year. I would say Google Mail must be the most used application globally. Google Mail is a great application, and the service is suitable for personal or enterprise use.

Vinay Mistry
    Founder & MD at Coequal Associates Private Limited
    In constant use for office related work and collaborative meetings; very secure and user friendly
    • "It's a secure solution that enables you to choose those you wish to share with."
    • "Less customizations than there used to be."

What is our primary use case?

We have a team of eight people and everyone is using G Suite whether for collaboration, storing files, Google Word, or using Sheets to Slides, it's all on G Suite. 99.95% of our work revolves around it. It's mainly for office related work and collaborations, that's our primary use case. We're a customer of G Suite and I'm the founder and M.D. of our company.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us a lot of working together on single artifacts. Since we are in consulting there are lot of documents we build so now we don't have to send documents, we work on the same document with a lot better version control.

Google meet has helped us a lot as well, we do all our customer / internal meetings over google meet. Majority of our workforce is either onsite or working remotely.

What is most valuable?

This product is quite secure in that I can choose the people whom I want to share with, and it's not automatically available to everyone. It's also very user friendly. We started using Gmail and other Google applications almost 12 years ago, so it was quite easy for us to blend in the entire collaboration suite. They're the two major reasons we chose to use Google Suite.

What needs improvement?

There are quite a few things missing in G Suite. It can create a barrier to some features so that for a particular presentation we might have to move to Microsoft PowerPoint for a presentation. Also, some years ago, the Google Sites were very customizable but now they've become a bit compact, and we don't have the same number of plugins and customizations available. Those are two issues we face.

For additional features, we currently face a problem with the lack of a remote desktop option. It means that if we're collaborating, I cannot access your desktop the way it can be done with Skype or Microsoft Teams. It's a feature that's used regularly and that's important to all of us and should be something they include in the next release.

We've been using this solution for the past two years.

This is a stable solution. The only issues are when moving to a new framework, there can be hiccups but we haven't had any outages.

Anna: Okay, perfect. And if we're talking about scalability, have you tried to scale it?

In our own organization we've implemented for 10 people but we have implemented to 100 in other companies. The scalability really doesn't have a limit. So, if you go for the G Suite, it's a highly scalable solution. I know companies with 400 employees that are using G Suite without a problem.

I've contacted technical support once in the last 2 year because of a misconfiguration on our side, and they were able to sort it out. Unfortunately, in India there's no direct support network, so we have to raise a request over email or in the portal and they connect us to Malaysia or somewhere.

If you follow the implementation process step by step, there is almost no chance that you will run into a problem. We are an IT service and solutions company and we did the configuration ourselves without using any external party and it was very simple and intuitive. You just follow the instructions step by step. Deployment takes maybe an hour and it doesn't change, whether you have 10 users or 400 users. There is no maintenance required for this solution.

I believe we pay approximately 2500 Rupees monthly for our users. There are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

Individuals need to explore the options based on their business needs. G Suite has building forms, online forms, reports, everything like that. It's just a matter of exploring it and understanding your requirements.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10. It still requirements some improvements in order to catch up to Microsoft.

Igor Shkamratov
    Senior Manager/ Co-Founder at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Great integration of features; could be more user friendly
    • "Convenient to share and collaborate documents."
    • "The UI could be simplified and made more user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for emails, document creation, managing and storing documents, and using the administration console for managing user access. I'm the founder and a partner in the company and we are customers of G Suite Enterprise.

What is most valuable?

This is quite a typical solution in the sense of the standup email functionality. The convenience is being able to collaborate on Google docs at the same time on the same document without any issues figuring out which is the latest version. I also like the integration of documents, Google Drive and Gmail. We use Google Meet, and obviously Google Calendar. It's a good integrated environment and I use all the different components. The collaboration functionality in the cloud and in terms of working on documentation makes it all very convenient. It satisfies our needs as a small startup company that has quite ad hoc usage.

What needs improvement?

The administration aspect, including the UI and implementation, could be simplified and made more user friendly. I have one integration issue which is when you reply to an email, there is no option to create an event, which is something you get in Outlook. Events need to be created separately, which is unnecessary, and that's one specific point that recently caught my attention.

I've been using this solution for a few months.

This is a reliable solution.

I haven't had the chance to scale because we are only three users with a small number of files to manage, but I wouldn't expect any issues.

We have never communicated with support to date, but my perception is that it's not very easy to reach out, meaning that they don't have a straightforward way of calling or chatting and contact is usually by email. There is a lot of documentation online so if there's any problem, issue or question, you google it, and try to find the answer on their technical documentation.

I found the initial setup not very logical, the way the administration consults are done, it's a little complicated. I know this is very straightforward in Outlook. In a practical sense, the set up was easy. We just created the users within our organization, set up their email addresses, the permissions access, and it was fine. It took a few hours and it's on cloud so we didn't need to install anything, we just had to configure, set up users, give permission for the subscriptions, that was it.

In just a few minutes we were able to set up the email, storage, and have the tools to create and manage documents. We have conferencing software so everything is available immediately in a few clicks. You save a lot of time not having to configure all these things separately, it's in one package and on the cloud. I see that as ROI, because we don't need to spend time on tedious administrative tasks.

This solution is subscription based. We took an annual subscription which costs less than a monthly one. It was pretty affordable. We were choosing between Microsoft and Google. I don't remember which one was more expensive. I think Google was cheaper, and if I'm not mistaken, the price was $6 per user, per month. I'm not aware of any additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

If you're in a similar situation to us, with a small company, especially a startup or maybe a small team that needs to manage their corporate email, team email, their documents, and have access to some web-conferencing software and so on, it's a good tool. It takes a few minutes and you're set up, with all the infrastructure. We were creating our own domain to create our corporate emails and we could have gone for Microsoft or Google. My preference would have been Microsoft, but for some reason, from our country, that wasn't an option. For user experience, G Suite is still a good solution.

Senior Consultant/System Analyst at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    Secure, collaborative platform that is easy to use, and has a good online community
    • "The email is excellent."
    • "The UI could be more graphic and sassy, but otherwise, it is quite functional."

What is our primary use case?

In terms of IT tools, we basically use Google Enterprise Solution to set up most of our services in Azure, whereas we use Azure Portal to set up all the VM, network, security, and everything else on it. Everyone is on remotely, in the system. We are using Google Chrome Enterprise for our email network, email link, and many of the apps there.

Email is one of the most important items, the others are collaboration, conferencing, and meetings. There would be more conferencing at meetings. Those are the main scenarios in which we use it.

What is most valuable?

The email, we believe, is what we like best. The email is excellent. It is simple to locate the information. We use it because it came from Microsoft Outlook, and the way Google tags information is very simple and easy to use.

Once you start using the collaborative platform in terms of creating the Excel document, both of us can be looking at the same time, they have a meeting look at the document, you and I can work on it at the same time, which is fantastic.

We have a team of people working on these. In terms of collaboration, and simple ease of use, I think Google is good. There isn't much you need to work on in terms of security; it's pretty good in terms of how to be secure, ensuring that no one can hack the system, and so on. It appeared to be working well for us. We are also pleased with the enterprise support.

The space they provide is fantastic.

There is no such thing as being difficult to use.

What needs improvement?

The UI could be more graphic and sassy, but otherwise, it is quite functional.

We started working with G Suite Enterprise last year.

I can only recall one or two occasions when we lost access to Gmail. Aside from that, I haven't had any problems with that system. It is very stable.

I have never had to use technical support. The system is pretty simple to use.

With controlling the various groups, I never have to go into it. The integration with Google Drive and all those features in both sharing documents is very simple, as is creating a site to support different teams. I haven't reached that point where I have to contact support. They also have a lot of people, and a lot of videos to view and make it pretty simple.

I haven't had a reason to contact them. There is a good online community base for people who use these tools.

In terms of time, I'd say that it has been more than a couple of years since we used Google Chrome Enterprise. We swapped because of the number of people we have on the Enterprise, and I believe we started putting it on it last year to enable the network and securities.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward and simple.

Security-wise, grouping people, creating permissions, and so on are all very simple. Very simple to use

In terms of pricing, I don't deal with that area because it's on the outside. I just basically recommend the solutions we are using.

I am not aware of the pricing, other than I believe it is comparable to the majority of the system, but because we have been using it for so long, switching from one to the other is difficult.

The pricing is comparable, it's pretty decent. This is why we have been using this solution and haven't switched to anything else.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing it has to be appropriate for the model. Our thing is that there are a lot of us, and our work is done remotely. It has to be a good fit for how we do things. It all depends on how the enterprise is run. For us, it is extremely effective, mainly because of the collaboration, especially, because both of us are not in the same office talking. Having this collaboration is fantastic.

I would rate G Suite Enterprise a nine out of ten.

Director Of Information Technology at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Makes it a whole lot easier to virtually have everybody in one room at the same time
    • "It's certainly easier to meet. We have offices around the world and the ability to have a company meeting on Google Meet platform makes it a whole lot easier to actually have everybody virtually in one room at the same time."
    • "Their tool called Sheets is the counterpart to Excel but it doesn't have the same functionality that Excel would have. So usually if somebody needs to go back to Excel or Office, it's because of Excel."

What is our primary use case?

We use it as our main email system, so everybody is on that email as a platform. We use it for collaboration, using their tools for Google Meet or Google Hangouts. We use it for their tools that are similar to office tools. They have a spreadsheet, they have what you would see in Office, and they have similar tools to that. I'm able to do a Word documentation or editor, and spreadsheets. We use it for meetings, so it is our counterpoint to an office type of thing.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The email and the meeting piece of it for the collaboration tools are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Their tool called Sheets is the counterpart to Excel but it doesn't have the same functionality that Excel would have. So usually if somebody needs to go back to Excel or Office, it's because of Excel.

They should incorporate some of the formulas, the ability to pivot tables. For our finance team, anything that requires higher cap calculation or data analytics isn't as good in Sheets as it is in their counterpart tools.

My company has used G Suite for over four years.

It's stable, lots of people use it. It works well for what we use it for.

We've just signed a contract to use it for the next three years, so we know we're going to use it for that length of time, even as the company continues to grow.

We probably have about 600 users and they vary roles between our executive users, the different departments, HR, finance, sales, marketing, and customer service. We use that same tool in our print facility. So we have fewer technical people that do manufacturing operations on the shop floor.

We plan to increase usage in headcount. I don't know that they offer something that we don't use. They sell add ons or third party products and we use some of them, but it's just continued use as we expand people.

Their technical support is good. When we have a question, they're pretty quick when answering.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It's about $8.30 up a user per month. If you want to do archiving, things of that nature, there're additional costs for storage, if you upgrade particular users. So some users may have more storage and there are additional licensing costs for that. It depends on how much more they go beyond normal storage.

What other advice do I have?

If you need basic functionality in a very mobile or dispersed workforce, it works great. When we didn't use Enterprise, it became time-consuming and complicated to manage. Sometimes you step up a tier just to be able to manage it more effectively.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. I think it's a good, solid product for basic functionality. It's easy to roll out, it's easy to use in a very distributed workforce until you get to the level where you need very specific things, it's great. Once you get to that, I need some specific functionality like in Excel, it doesn't offer that kind of advanced feature set. So it's the only reason it wouldn't go higher and also because of some of the complications. But it doesn't have an advanced feature set.