IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ConnectWise Automate OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ConnectWise Automate is #3 ranked solution in top Remote Monitoring and Management Software. PeerSpot users give ConnectWise Automate an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. ConnectWise Automate is most commonly compared to Pulseway: ConnectWise Automate vs Pulseway. ConnectWise Automate is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 43% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
ConnectWise Automate Buyer's Guide

Download the ConnectWise Automate Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is ConnectWise Automate?

ConnectWise Automate, formerly LabTech, is an IT management tool that helps deliver IT services at the speed of business. Our remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform provides powerful automation to discover & manage devices, monitor for problems, and automate action. Deliver streamlined reactive and proactive managed services, stop putting out fires, and start focusing on what matters most. See why over 5,500 partners worldwide chose ConnectWise Automate by visiting https://www.connectwise.com/software/automate or calling 877-522-8323.

ConnectWise Automate was previously known as LabTech for IT Service Providers, ConnectWise Automate for Corporate IT Departments, ConnectWise Automate for IT Service Providers.

ConnectWise Automate Customers

I-M Technology, Mainstay Technologies, PC Works Plus, Integrity IT, Kerkhoff Technologies Inc., Marathon Consulting, Christenberry Sales Company, EDTS, Secom Technology, Ready to View, ARRC Technology, DaVinci Digital, JNR Networks, Quinn Technology Solutions, PCIT, Liberty Technology, Capital Computers & Networks, Atlanta Technology Force, Doberman Technologies, First Column Enterprises, CisCom Solutions

ConnectWise Automate Video

Archived ConnectWise Automate Reviews (more than two years old)

Elmira Iravani - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Administrator at Hanatech
Easy to implement, very stable, and offers lots of great features
  • "The implementation is nice and easy."
  • "I have a problem with the reports available on the solution. I don't understand how to work with the reporting functionality. For example, when I want to give a report for a specific machine, ConnectWise doesn't seem to have this as an option. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if the reporting functionality is just poorly conceived."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider. The solution is primarily used as both an in-work controller and central control.

What is most valuable?

There are many features within the solution, however, I find that I usually use control or remote solutions.

I appreciate how I can check the user statuses, including IP addresses, flags, etc., and see the last login of the user.

The implementation is nice and easy.

What needs improvement?

I have a problem with the reports available on the solution. I don't understand how to work with the reporting functionality. For example, when I want to give a report for a specific machine, ConnectWise doesn't seem to have this as an option. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if the reporting functionality is just poorly conceived.

In the future, it would be nice if they also had a Service Desk integration between ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate. Some tickets should be automatically created in Automate and then passed to Manage.

I've been using the solution for five months.

ConnectWise Automate
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about ConnectWise Automate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
620,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the solution is great. Everything is working well. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze or crash. It's reliable.

The scalability of the solution is questionable. I've had some issues. I can't quite remember what they were, however, I remember scaling being a problem for us.

We have about 110 agents on the solution right now, and we purchased 125 in total.

We use it all of the time, every day. We may increase usage in the future, as we do use it often.

Technical support has been good. Everyone we have been in contact with has responded to our queries in a reasonable amount of time. We've found them to be helpful and knowledgeable.

They also have an excellent Live Chat option, which I've used many, many times. It's very easy to connect with them.

We never used another solution before choosing this product.

The initial setup is not complex. It's quite straightforward.

Deployment is super fast and only takes about two minutes.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need the help of a reseller or integrator.

We originally bought 125 agents and we do plan to potentially increase them in the future. I'm not sure of what the exact cost was, however.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner with ConnectWise.

We're most likely using the latest version of the solution.

I'd advise those considering using the solution to work to integrate everything they can.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

Managing Director at a tech consulting company with 11-50 employees
Enables us to manage all client requests, jobs and invoicing but project management needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use ConnectWise Automate as a professional services automation tool.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to manage all client requests, jobs and invoicing.

What is most valuable?

The ticketing system is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The project management needs improvement and there's a section of the product called "configuration" that also needs to be improved.

More than five years.

Stability is pretty good.

Scalability is good. We currently have fifteen users. As our staff grows, our usage of this solution increases.

Their technical support is good.

The initial setup was complex. It took us around three months to deploy.

Pricing and licensing are reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to somebody looking to implement ConnectWise Automate is to spend time getting the implementation right.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

ConnectWise Automate
August 2022
620,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Manager at The Roberts Company
This product saves us a lot of time and increases our efficiency
  • "This product saves us a lot of time and increases our efficiency."
  • "Remote access and detailed monitoring help us support our equipment."
  • "They always change the GUI to some dumb-down version of tiles which are more "user-friendly", but slows my team down in the end."

What is our primary use case?

Inventory tracking for our equipment which is spread throughout the country. We manage our ESET AV through ConnectWise. LabTech is integrated with our ticket system, ConnectWise.

• We can pull up any machine and troubleshoot, with a quick glance, detailed information and reoccurring errors.
  • It pushes software and can update the company or an individual.
  • Built-in searches and reports are helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

We have several remote users, and this would be very difficult to manage with the small IT team that we have. This product saves us a lot of time and increases our efficiency.

What is most valuable?

Remote access and detailed monitoring help us support our equipment, which is spread throughout the Southeastern US.

What needs improvement?

Like most companies these days, they always change the GUI to some dumb-down version of tiles, which are more "user-friendly", but slows my team down in the end. We have requested a "classic view" with no fancy screens and colors. Just detail!

Three to five years.
it_user722250 - PeerSpot reviewer
Labtech Administrator and System-Admin at a tech services company
Proactively monitor and fix issues before they interrupt your clients’ business but product runs too slow affecting reliability

What is most valuable?

First of all, the automation of LabTech is awesome. You can do any kind of automation from Labtech.

You can integrate anything from LabTech, i.e., Auvik, Veeam etc. As per LabTech Patching, it is now different from the old Patch Manager. You can set patching according to client requirements, approval policy, reboot policy, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the greatest benefits of LabTech is less client downtime. Because LabTech lets you proactively monitor and fix issues before they interrupt your clients’ business, you can virtually eliminate system outages. LabTech lets you monitor virus updates, ensure antivirus programs are enabled and that regular backups are taking place.

What needs improvement?

Reliability: Open a computer window new screen and it's slow.

We are using this product for the last three or four years when its first version had come out, that is LabTech 10. Last year, ConnectWise, a former partner with Labtech, integrated together. So that's why the product's name is ConnectWise. automate Labtech.

Not at all. As we know every software has stability issues, but every month LabTech Patch has come which has fixed stability issues.

Good. They have a good tech team.

No, we didn't use any other product before this one.

Its depend on the Client Requirements and what they want.

Put a lot of automation on a single machine for LabTech, so pricing is not as high.

What other advice do I have?

Yes, go for it. Use it once. Labtech will take care of your machines

Helpdesk Technician at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Monitors server services and general computer health.

Valuable Features

Scripting and automation are not incredibly straightforward, but they are probably the most valuable tools in this solution when compared to other RMM systems.

Their integration of ScreenConnect has also made remote desktop control incredibly smooth.

Improvements to My Organization

Remote monitoring allows the organization to react more quickly to emergencies, particularly offline devices/locations.

Monitoring server services and general computer health allows us to be proactive about preventing issues. Proper scripting and scheduling has also reduced the need for actual intervention.

Room for Improvement

Because of the vast number of features, the software is difficult to navigate. Some features feel very hidden and hard to find in order to enable or disable them.

Use of Solution

We have been using this solution for over a year.

There is an issue where they do not support the running of any kind of backup software on the same machine. Instead, they recommend using snapshots. Snapshots are widely considered to NOT be a backup solution.

The technical support varies greatly. The response is slow for non-critical issues. Many staff members do not appear to read the issue descriptions closely.

However, sometimes you get the right person in the right department, and they will be able to help you a great detail.

Other Advice

It is powerful, but be prepared to spend a lot of time learning the ins and outs of customizing the system with templates, scripts, groups, etc.

Chris Childerhose - PeerSpot reviewer
Chris ChilderhoseLead Infrastructure Architect at ThinkON
ExpertTop 5Real User

Great review. Been a while since I used Labtech from my Consultant days but it was a great tool. As stated a bit hard at first but when you get the hang of it very powerful.

Download our free ConnectWise Automate Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: August 2022